The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

Man... I was on a run up to floor 59 and got surprised attacked. First thing that happened was my main character getting charmed. Rest of the party was too retarded to attack the enemy in any effective way and proceeded to get charmed eventually. After a bit my main became uncharmed and I failed at running away and then became charmed right away again. So I get up, walk to get food and come back. They're still there and their SP is next to zero from SP drain. Finally I got a chance again to run and made it. Total waste of time.

Later on I intiated a battle and nearly finished it but then suddenly the enemy attacked a party member and somehow took down three people with it. The hell happened? I guess I shouldn't of rushed the battle.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Here's the opening for FES. Damn I want this to come out. If it does what do you guys think would be a reasonable price, $19.99?
[/QUOTE]
If it kept the same quality as the main game, I'd easily pay full price for it.

So...where are the break-points for Tartarus?

(I have a huge gap from 14 to 25 -- did I miss a switch, or are they only on levels with mini-bosses?)

I got to the 89th floor, also just got
Aigis
in my party. I'm nearly 30 hours in and I don't even think I'm halfway done yet. Main character is level 29, day is, I think, 7/24.

[quote name='bjkrautk']So...where are the break-points for Tartarus?

(I have a huge gap from 14 to 25 -- did I miss a switch, or are they only on levels with mini-bosses?)[/QUOTE]

Absolutely right-- the breaks aren't every five floors like they were on Block 1. I was the same way last night-- getting annihilated by the phantom mages on Block 2, hoping I could make it to the next floor to get the two-way teleporter. Unfortunately, it wasn't until floor 24 that I was able to beam back down.

I need to fuse an Archangel, those guys are ridiculous, I don't remember Mudo being nearly as effective in other SMT games, either I'm just really unlucky, or Hama is just as good so I can dish it back out.

DON'T fuse a light-based persona to counter Mudo- that will only make you even more vulnerable. Instead, fuse a null dark or dark resist persona to counter it. That way, you won't die when you fight them.

Tip: For block 3, fuse a Lamia. It not only nulls Dark, but it also learns Mamudo. So it'll protect you against these wily book enemies that cast Mamudo, and you'll also be able to use Mamudo yourself on everything else.

Just had my first Reversed Social Link. Luckily I had saved right before I got it, but still the music that starts when you get it really gives you that 'I dun screwed up' feeling.

Been gone for the last week, not yet done with Tales of Backtrackia the Abyss, and never got a call from Gamecrazy about the game coming in, but YHVH willing I'll be picking this up tomorrow.

A few quick questions.

Has anyone bought this at best buy?
What is the game structure? School/Dungeon/School/Dungeon, etc. etc.?
Do the dungeons change in ways other than layout? I know they're random, but are you always running through the same looking areas?
Is the battle system as fast as I've heard?
Is Persona 3 FES an expansion/sequel or does it contain the original game as well? (I.E. is it worth waiting for the expanded version)

Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get this, but the dungeon crawling aspect scares me away a bit. I also really prefer RPGs to have snappy, no nonsense battles.

[quote name='jer7583']Has anyone bought this at best buy?[/quote]
Not me.
In the most basic sense. Though there are days where you'll be doing other things. Like you can't go to Tartarus every night, there's holidays and Sundays so you don't go to school everyday.
Do the dungeons change in ways other than layout? I know they're random, but are you always running through the same looking areas?
They look pretty much the same. The only ones that look majorly different are the "boss" dungeons.
Yes.
Is Persona 3 FES an expansion/sequel or does it contain the original game as well? (I.E. is it worth waiting for the expanded version)
It's an expansion and a semi-sequel. It does not contain the original game, so you can't just buy Fes to get the complete package. Also that's assuming Atlus will release it in the US.

Game is awesome. Just buy it.

[quote name='jer7583']A few quick questions.

Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get this, but the dungeon crawling aspect scares me away a bit. I also really prefer RPGs to have snappy, no nonsense battles.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy: No, but many have stated that it is available there.
Structure: Mainly school. You go to the dungeon when you choose and in order to level, but there are costs for doing so. There are times when you must go in the 'dungeon' though.
Dungeon: Think Diablo. Each floor is randomly generated, but every block (section) has its own style and monsters.
Battles: They can be. They can be over in 15 seconds or drag on for minutes if you're not prepared.
FES: Expansion. The first FES had the entire game included with it, however earlier this week an Append Version was released in Japan that is just the expansion itself and requires the original P3 disc to start a new FES game.

[quote name='jer7583']A few quick questions.

[/quote]

1:Some reason persona3 is listed as release date 8/21 so most bestbuys are holding or getting the game on that date so not many people would have bought it at the store there yet.

2:I guess you could wait for FES, but it's hard to say if it'll make it over to the US, but hopefully if persona3 sells well then who knows though i'd still buy persona3 while it's easy to buy plus it comes with those goodies.. :bouncy:

Thanks for the answers. Hopefully BB will have a few copies this week. I've got a RZ certificate I'd like to use.

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']Has anyone went as far as dating Mitsuru? Damn academic stat seems to take forever. :|[/quote] Thats who I started aiming for. In order to raise my academic stat I tend to go to that shrine everyday and put a 1,000 yen in, which has about a 75% chance at netting you a few points without wasting a period. And when I have the time to spare I tend to study at the Dorm/Library or go over to that restaurant (who's name I can't remember). It seems to be working pretty well I'm "smart" right now. I'm hoping I can raise it to "genius" by the next exam.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Not me.

It's an expansion and a semi-sequel. It does not contain the original game, so you can't just buy Fes to get the complete package. Also that's assuming Atlus will release it in the US.

Game is awesome. Just buy it.[/QUOTE]
actually FES includes the Director's Cut version of the Persona 3 along with 30 hours of new stuff.

[quote name='62t']actually FES includes the Director's Cut version of the Persona 3 along with 30 hours of new stuff.[/QUOTE]
There's two versions. There's the DC, and there's the append disc. I assumed if Atlus brought it over at all they'd just bring over the append disc. Bringing over the DC would piss off a lot of people, and most aren't going to pay full price for the game again.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']There's two versions. There's the DC, and there's the append disc. I assumed if Atlus brought it over at all they'd just bring over the append disc. Bringing over the DC would piss off a lot of people, and most aren't going to pay full price for the game again.[/QUOTE]
both version are the same content wise. One version you need a copy of Persona 3 the first time you load the game and the other version doesnt.
Persona 3 Fes. Sells for 8190 yen. This includes the original game and the new content together on one disc.

Persona 3 Fes (Append Version). Sells for 5040 yen. This is for people who own the original Persona 3 game. The content of this is EXACTLY THE SAME as the non-append version; the ONLY DIFFERENCE is that you must have the original game to use it the first time. Afterward, that verification is saved in your save file.

Bottom line: THERE IS NO VERSION THAT CONTAINS ONLY THE EXPANSION. THE ORIGINAL GAME AND NEW CONTENT ARE TOGETHER ON ONE DISC.

Some reason persona 3 is no longer listed on bestbuy.com i've tried everything to search for it like shin megami, persona, and the full name of the game nothing comes up, but the bestbuy store finder is working so I don't know anyone else had this trouble?

I looked this game up on the site I think yesterday or day before and it worked.

[quote name='meerkatgamer']Some reason persona 3 is no longer listed on bestbuy.com i've tried everything to search for it like shin megami, persona, and the full name of the game nothing comes up, but the bestbuy store finder is working so I don't know anyone else had this trouble?

I looked this game up on the site I think yesterday or day before and it worked.[/quote]
i found it earlier today just fine. im hoping mine has it im gonna try to check after work. i have $60 in RZ certs so id like to get it there even though ill have no time since i get BioShock tomorrow. :roll: i really wish they would have released it on the correct day.

edit: i did just try and search and didnt find it. wierd found it around lunch time. maybe they realised was actually in stock now. hope i can pick it up tonight.

search for shin megami instead of persona.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's gone... this happened to me at work the other day, BB corporate people have their heads up their asses.

slight spoiler (maybe not)

Has anyone maxed out their charm and had the guy ask you for 20,000 yen and he says he'll make you rich?

Did I get ripped off?

[quote name='zewone']slight spoiler (maybe not)

Has anyone maxed out their charm and had the guy ask you for 20,000 yen and he says he'll make you rich?

Did I get ripped off?[/quote]

It's a Social Link.

Go back to him two times later and give him what he wants. If you don't do that, then yes, you got ripped off.

[quote name='willardhaven']I'm a few hours in and it's great...

I haven't made it past floor 1 though, I get "tired" quick.[/QUOTE]
As you gain levels you tire less quickly, almost to the point where you don't have to worry about it (at least for me).

Quick question:

Should I definitely join a sports team? The clubs seem more interesting but they're not accepting members right now.

If I choose a sport will I be blocked from ever joining a club?

[quote name='willardhaven']search for shin megami instead of persona.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's gone... this happened to me at work the other day, BB corporate people have their heads up their asses.[/quote]There's no consistency with this game across the organization... the SKU comes up as deleted at one store, and yet three other stores had it in stock last week.

[quote name='willardhaven']Quick question:

Should I definitely join a sports team? The clubs seem more interesting but they're not accepting members right now.

If I choose a sport will I be blocked from ever joining a club?[/quote]

No. You will choose one sports team (they are all essentially the same) and one club.

[quote name='botticus']There's no consistency with this game across the organization... the SKU comes up as deleted at one store, and yet three other stores had it in stock last week.[/quote]

SKU was deleted at my store as soon as we received the box yo.

I put them out and nobody has yelled at me yet, I'm the only person who bought one.

I'm at my favorite part of playing any SMT game right now: Fusing Personas!!! I got a Oberon pretty early and since he's an Emperor (linked with the Student Concil) I leveled it up a few to give me Mazio. That all electrical attack really helps out.

[quote name='willardhaven']SKU was deleted at my store as soon as we received the box yo.

I put them out and nobody has yelled at me yet, I'm the only person who bought one.[/quote]Guess it's a good thing I didn't wait for my Best Buy to get it then.

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']@getting tired fairly quickly. The day before a full moon, your characters will NEVER get tired. Abuse it!![/QUOTE]
I would if there was anything to abuse. This game doesn't require level grinding and you can only get so far in the tower until after a full moon.

[quote name='zewone']I would if there was anything to abuse. This game doesn't require level grinding and you can only get so far in the tower until after a full moon.[/QUOTE]
There's plenty to abuse after the first full moon though. Money, quests and having the opportunity to create the persona you need.

Is it possible to max out ALL s links and your acad/cour/charm stats? I kinda want to start this game over because when I first played, I didnt really get the gist of things and always went back to my room w/o doing anything. lol

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']Is it possible to max out ALL s links and your acad/cour/charm stats? I kinda want to start this game over because when I first played, I didnt really get the gist of things and always went back to my room w/o doing anything. lol[/QUOTE]
Yes, I think you can keep them by starting a New Game+ though.

I could be mistaken.

Will this game be rare? When I picked up my copy of Persona 3, I ask him if he had any more left and it seem that they only order what people reservered, plus 3 more.

Ooh yeah! Dah dun dun dun dun duh dun dun dun dun! Baby baby!

awesome game. hot early 90s club mix music

[quote name='zewone']Yes, I think you can keep them by starting a New Game+ though.

I could be mistaken.[/QUOTE]
From what I've read on GameFAQs, no your S. Link level doesn't carry over, but if you max the S. Link out, that will carry over. Also, there is a Max Social Link FAQ on GameFAQs. A quick glance at it seems that in order to max everything, every action of every day is going to be spent doing something to achieve it, so likely no screw ups.

[quote name='Kyo']Will this game be rare? When I picked up my copy of Persona 3, I ask him if he had any more left and it seem that they only order what people reservered, plus 3 more.[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking that it will, almost every GS/EB is sold out or close enough to it around me. I just picked up the last copy of it from an EB to send to my brother. Figured he'd like this game.

I don't think the game will be rare. Mine came from a second shipment. As long as it sells, GameStop will keep ordering it. No games are really rare anymore. May be difficult to track down in 6 months, but you won't be paying $200 for it. Maybe more like $40.

[quote name='zewone']Yes, I think you can keep them by starting a New Game+ though.

I could be mistaken.[/quote]

You still keep your previous Personas, right?

This game is great-- I can find myself sinking two or three hours at a clip and not even realizing it. Such is this case tonight, I've got work in 4 hours and just now turned my ps3 off.

Chiriho(sp, probably) is a possessive biatch... haha

[quote name='Over easy']Nope. Got to collect them all over again.[/QUOTE]

You can just buy them back in the Compendium, since money transfers over you should be able to buy a few powerful Persona to start you off.

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']Is that girl outside 2E a lesbian? :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Yes, she is, at least she's interested in the idea, and in the case of Mitsuru, who wouldn't be?

Finally picked up the game from Best Buy. They had all of 2 copies. But i atleast was able to use my $45 in RZ certs to soften the blow.

bread's done
Back