The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

Phew, I'm at 10 hours and the game is really fun.

I tried to ask Chihiro on a date but she got flustered... I have really been neglecting my sports team.

Any tips on which S.Links are most beneficial for beginners?

If anyone is running through Elizabeth's quests like me, you might want to know about the Shadow Shard typo. At least I assume it is a typo... Elizabeth says that they are found on floors 65-68. I found mine on floor 81 -- AFTER having run the 59 - 68 gamut about a dozen times.

Also, every time Fuuka announces "That's the way!" in battle, I find myself saying "uh-huh, uh-huh, I like it!"

[quote name='thelonepig']If anyone is running through Elizabeth's quests like me, you might want to know about the Shadow Shard typo. At least I assume it is a typo... Elizabeth says that they are found on floors 65-68. I found mine on floor 81 -- AFTER having run the 59 - 68 gamut about a dozen times.

Also, every time Fuuka announces "That's the way!" in battle, I find myself saying "uh-huh, uh-huh, I like it!"[/quote]

I can't even catch the gold hand guy in block 1 for the lead medal...

[quote name='willardhaven']Any tips on which S.Links are most beneficial for beginners?[/quote]

The Magican (Classmate) helps in the begining. You can get Jack Frost (Ice Spells) and Pyro Jack (Fire Spells) which are to SMT as Slimes are to Dragon Quest. But eventually try to create an S-Link with everyone and build them up a few levels. Several S-links can only be obtained through leveling other S-links (ex: Monk, Transfer Student, Dying Young Man, etc..) But I would pick a few and concentrate on leveling them up.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Finally picked up the game from Best Buy. They had all of 2 copies. But i atleast was able to use my $45 in RZ certs to soften the blow.[/quote]
I went to the store today and it wasn't there the employee I talked to said the shipment for today didn't come yet and he looked up on the inventory he said that it had deleted on the page and it showed that 0 were instock and 0 were incoming so i'll check back on the way home from work in a couple of days if not in by this weekend I guess i'll buy it at amazon or familyvideo.com i'm not in a big hurry to play this game I am allmost done with my second playthrough on okami and devil summoner.

Glad you were able to get it there Layd Dly.

I guess bestbuy.com sold out on all their persona 3 games maybe that's why it went down, but if that's so I think they put sold out on the page not just take it down ah well.

Up to 36th floor so far and gonna work on levling up some more social links today. LOVE the game so far, it will definitely get a replay down the road.

[quote name='meerkatgamer']I went to the store today and it wasn't there the employee I talked to said the shipment for today didn't come yet and he looked up on the inventory he said that it had deleted on the page and it showed that 0 were instock and 0 were incoming so i'll check back on the way home from work in a couple of days if not in by this weekend I guess i'll buy it at amazon or familyvideo.com i'm not in a big hurry to play this game I am allmost done with my second playthrough on okami and devil summoner.

Glad you were able to get it there Layd Dly.

I guess bestbuy.com sold out on all their persona 3 games maybe that's why it went down, but if that's so I think they put sold out on the page not just take it down ah well.[/quote]

Well the same day it was deleted it was in stock earlier in the morning and usually it switches to backorder or sold out and not jsut deleted all together. It was also listed in stick with th einventory check the same monring as well until it was deleted which i still find very odd. If they didnt have it i still wouldve bought it but this way it only cost $5 out of pocket.

Not that I'm into cosplay or anything (really, I'm not!), but I want the main Character's headphones. The ATH-EM700 model. I heard they had a P3 branded one with the Limited Edition for FES in Japan, but I would settle for the regular ones. Anyone know where to get them for less than $100?

I'm stuck on the boss battle on floor 36, anyone have any idea how to beat that thing?

Also, how do I get to meet the kendo club manager after school? I rarely run into her and it's always on accident

[quote name='Brian9824']Do you need max Social link to create the highest tier persona of each type?[/quote]

Yes.

[quote name='espy605']I'm stuck on the boss battle on floor 36, anyone have any idea how to beat that thing?

Also, how do I get to meet the kendo club manager after school? I rarely run into her and it's always on accident[/quote]

Could you go into detail about the boss? I don't recall it off hand but use spoiler tags if need be. Should be able to jut my memory of that specific boss, but always remember that debuffs are good and don't be afraid to fuse Personas.

[quote name='espy605']I'm stuck on the boss battle on floor 36, anyone have any idea how to beat that thing?

Also, how do I get to meet the kendo club manager after school? I rarely run into her and it's always on accident[/QUOTE]

This boss is a little difficult since it has no weakness. There's no big strategy to it but take this into consideration: Make sure you have 4 people in your group that are in "good" condition (this mean having Akihiko.) Carry a bunch of Dis-Poisons and use them especially if the the main character becomes poisoned. Set Yukari to Heal/Support. And as for the main character just attack away with anything and everything except "Wind" attacks. I choose physical attacks since if they hit with criticals you can rush.

As for the "Team Manager" you can see her on Wednesdays & Saturdays outside your classroom near the stairs.

Day: 11-18
Floor: 170
Level: 54
Time spent: 45+ hours

Dang, this is pretty long game. It will probably take me at least another additional 12 hours to beat it. I probably have to replay it with game plus to complete all the s link.

Damn guys slow down, it's not like the game is gonna run off or anything. But I know how it is when you get addicted to a game, it's like a drug. As for me I've been playing alot (or what I feel has been alot)

Day: 8/14
Floor: 40
Level: 20
Time Spent: 20 hours

I'm on:

Day: 6/2X
Floor: 64
Level: 21 (Should be lower but spend too long on some stupid timed quest)
Time Spent: ??

Would be farther along but I didn't get to play more than an hour in the past two days and the day before that I spent pretty much the entire day playing DDR with a friend. ~_~

I'm debating which RPG to get/play next. My choices are Shadow Hearts 1, Odin Sphere, or this game. Which one should I play? I would have to buy either Persona or Odin, so whichone is worth the purchase now, and one I can get later down the road in a couple months? How long is this game> (just to beat it and do a few sidequests)

[quote name='zewone']Day: 10/10
Floor: 146
Level: 46
Time Spent: 33 hours[/QUOTE]
Ok, how are we in the exact same place, but you've spent over 10 less hours than me on the game? :cry:

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Ok, how are we in the exact same place, but you've spent over 10 less hours than me on the game? :cry:[/QUOTE]
:lol: I don't go to Tartarus unless I have to.

I don't know if that's why?

[quote name='zewone']:lol: I don't go to Tartarus unless I have to.

I don't know if that's why?[/QUOTE]
What I generally do is go at the first chance I get to try out the new levels, rush to the bosses, beat the bosses, and then use the opened teleporters to level up with the new monsters and get quests. Whenever a party member gets tired, they get dumped for someone who isn't (except for the main obviously). When everyone is tired or I'm just tired of leveling, I leave. I only visit once or twice a cycle. So I don't think I spend a ridiculous amount of time there.

I tend to got to Tartarus as much as I can (unless the enemies start becoming too weak to lvl.) I want to be ready for those extra hard bosses I know all SMT games have.

Does the protagonist actually get "laid?"

[quote name='zewone']Oh yeah![/QUOTE]

I'm assuming "Great" condition afterwards, if you wind up being "Sick", I'd say go to the Nurse.

Day: 9/4
Floor: 08
Level: 37
Time Spent: 43 hours

So what if I'm slow... at least I've completed all of Elizabeth's quests to date. Also have maxed Courage and Charm, one short of maxed Academics, Tower S-link maxed, and most of the other S-links at 6 or above.

[quote name='zewone']I finally got my protagonist laid.[/QUOTE]
WTF, details.

Progress Report:
Level: 54
Tartarus: Floor 171
Date: 11/6
Time: 55 hours. fuck me.

I didn't know he could actually get "some" This makes the game more intresting. Does it give the option:

1. Missionary
2. Doggystyle
3. Cincinnati Bowtie

This thread just got 100% more nasty, sorry :lol:

So I walked that bitch Chihiro home and initiated the Justice S.Link... am I stuck dating her or can I still hold off for one of the better chicks?

[quote name='willardhaven']So I walked that bitch Chihiro home and initiated the Justice S.Link... am I stuck dating her or can I still hold off for one of the better chicks?[/quote]hahaha. No, you're not stuck with her. As long as you dont keep seeing chihiro and initiate the "things are getting serious/intimate", you can see other girls w/o her being ticked off.

[quote name='willardhaven']So I walked that bitch Chihiro home and initiated the Justice S.Link... am I stuck dating her or can I still hold off for one of the better chicks?[/quote] After you max a girl you can start dating another, if you want. I don't know how far you are, but if you're waiting for one of the Persona users, I'd just max Chihiro really fast instead of ditching her.

I'm almost done, so I can finally start helping people in this thread.

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']hahaha. No, you're not stuck with her. As long as you dont keep seeing chihiro and initiate the "things are getting serious/intimate", you can see other girls w/o her being ticked off.[/quote]

Nice, I'm gunning for one of the SEES people, not sure which I want though.

[quote name='zewone']I finally fused the Persona from the intro video, Thanatos, he is so bad ass.[/QUOTE]

Your one step closer to Messiah.

You need to be level 90, max judgment s link and fuse both Thanatos and Orpheus (your starting persona) to get him. Messiah can net you some of best armor/accessories in the game. And there is a 1% chance to get Omnipotent Orb, a very powerful accessory that nulls all attacks except almighty spells. You can also gain this item by completing the final quest in second cycle.

Quick stupid question: Is Tarunda or Dodge-Ice better for Orpheus? He learned Dodge Ice because I allowed it to replace Tarunda.

Is it wise to level Orpheus?

[quote name='willardhaven']Quick stupid question: Is Tarunda or Dodge-Ice better for Orpheus? He learned Dodge Ice because I allowed it to replace Tarunda.

Is it wise to level Orpheus?[/QUOTE]
Orpheus is pretty wack.

In fact, it's pretty hard to keep up with Personas and even if you do, the moves they learn reach a limit so they can't progress. They level a lot slower than you.

The best thing to do is to keep fusing or finding new, stronger Personas every couple of levels.

[quote name='willardhaven']So I walked that bitch Chihiro home and initiated the Justice S.Link... am I stuck dating her or can I still hold off for one of the better chicks?[/QUOTE]
I like Chihiro... She's so shy and cute.

[quote name='willardhaven']Quick stupid question: Is Tarunda or Dodge-Ice better for Orpheus? He learned Dodge Ice because I allowed it to replace Tarunda.

Is it wise to level Orpheus?[/QUOTE]

Orpheus isn't ment to be used for very long. You should constantly upgrade your Persona. And remeber to include them in the Persona Compendium. It helps down the road if you want to create a new Persona that may require a diffrent class. This may be Greek to you but it's very important.

I've been making sure to keep all my persona registered before fusing, but I figured since he went berserk in the beginning he would be needed for the story.

I guess I will get rid of him... he did have Cadenza though, which had saved my ass a few times.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Orpheus isn't ment to be used for very long. You should constantly upgrade your Persona. And remeber to include them in the Persona Compendium. It helps down the road if you want to create a new Persona that may require a diffrent class. This may be Greek to you but it's very important.[/quote]

I have a friend who is still using Orpheus as their main Persona and is nearing floor 100. He's put a bunch of stat items into him and refuses to fuse any Persona until he beats the game or something like that, lol.

Yesterday he told me his Orpheus had like 40 str and 44 magic or something. I don't really remember but it was around that number. o_O

bread's done
Back