The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Yeah, Monad is the shit. Too bad the enemies can kill you fast if you aren't careful.[/QUOTE]

If your having a hard time in Monad, wait patiently as enemy walk backwards and strike them to get a free turn. Be prepared and have all the elements and physical attacks to take advantage of their weakness. Make sure to scan them first before setting your ai to knockdown or else they will use physical attack instead of their magical abilities. You can always divide you team and attack shadows to slowly decrease the enemy life points. Afterwards, strike enemy when they are low on life points. With the high experience in this stage combine with bonus cards, you should level up in no time.

Once your level 88 with max star s link it should be cakewalk with Lucifer and Satan. Armageddon is expensive spell, draining all your mp, so just exit out after one enemy encounter or equip Charka ring (gain by level up Vishru), allowing you to cast Armageddon twice.

When you hit level 90, get Messiah. Go gather some experience wit it and when it's about to level up go to demon compendium and save it currently status. When Messiah level up you get a shot of six different powerful armor/equipment in game. Afterwards fuse your Messiah with another demon(so you can get another Mesiah), reload your Messiah from compendium and level it up again. Rinse and repeat until all your party members have the best gear in the game.

Armor of light (.198) Shoe of Light(.198) Aegis Armor 0(.198) Aegis Leg 0(.198) Aura Dog Suit (.198) Oniponent Orb(.001)

Ultimate Weapons in Mondo (only found in rare chest)
1. Myohau Muramasa/ one handed/ 3,8 floor
2. Excalibur/ two handed/ 5,6 floor
3. Golden Crushed/ bludgeon/ 4,7 floor
4. Tonbo Kiri/ spear/ 2,9 floor
5. mary's resove/ bow/ 2,9 floor
6. antimater cannon/ gun/ 3,8 floor
7. grand slasher/ knives/ 3,6 floor

I just took out the Grim Reaper, completing Elizabeth's 54 quests.

Sadly, I still can't get very high in Mando. I've been as high as the sixth floor. My current level is 90 and it is 1/26.

In the meantime, I'm trying to level up some S-links. I've got 6 or 7 maxed now and a bunch ready to be.

Thanks for the response Dead of Knight.

Does anyone know how to obtain items from persona who are said to be holding one (they have the heart next to their name on the status screen)?

Igor said they must be leveled up but I have yet to recieve an item by doing so. I have a level 15 Legion who still has not given me his/its (whatever the hell that thing is) item.

[quote name='work88']Thanks for the response Dead of Knight.

Does anyone know how to obtain items from persona who are said to be holding one (they have the heart next to their name on the status screen)?

Igor said they must be leveled up but I have yet to recieve an item by doing so. I have a level 15 Legion who still has not given me his/its (whatever the hell that thing is) item.[/quote]

Level them up until you have obtained all of their abilities. They'll give it to you when they learn the last ability.

At least that's how it's been for me.

[quote name='thelonepig']I just took out the Grim Reaper, completing Elizabeth's 54 quests.

Sadly, I still can't get very high in Mando. I've been as high as the sixth floor. My current level is 90 and it is 1/26.

In the meantime, I'm trying to level up some S-links. I've got 6 or 7 maxed now and a bunch ready to be.[/QUOTE]

In first cycle, there is no point of getting to highest floor of Mando, unless you want those ultimate weapon or large chunk of gold in last floor. If you level up your Lucifer to level 94 to get victory cry everything is cakewalk with Armageddon. Most of my persona inherited the growth skill so i don't have to constantly switch around to level them up.

It's too late to upgrade much of your s links that late in the game. I hope you max out several of your s links. When max out you get key items. The benefits are the similar to s link like extra experience and monster creation except those will be transfered in the next cycle. All the relationships with default back to zero in next game cycle. The creators did this so the players can redo the s link sequences over again. Stats like Charm, Academics and Courage will resume the same in your past cycle.

I got to the top of Monad by avoiding and running away from enemies, even though I didn't need the monies.

Yeah, I hate Takaya's character design. He's supposed to be a teenager? WTF?

Started yesterday, not bad I guess. I'm in early May.

Any tips on raising my Academics? Midterms are in like 10ish days and I'm still lvl1 academics.

EDIT: Oh also I just finished the first Tartarus tower thing.

[quote name='Moxio']Started yesterday, not bad I guess. I'm in early May.

Any tips on raising my Academics? Midterms are in like 10ish days and I'm still lvl1 academics.

EDIT: Oh also I just finished the first Tartarus tower thing.[/QUOTE]
Study at night, make sure you offer 1,000 yen at the Sanctuary each day. This has a 75% chance of raising your academics two points. You can also eat at the place that offers the Prodigy Special to raise your academics.

[quote name='Moxio']Started yesterday, not bad I guess. I'm in early May.

EDIT: Oh also I just finished the first Tartarus tower thing.[/QUOTE]

I just stay awake during class, and crammed every day at the library the week before mid-terms. I just got my grades back and they were great.

Sleep early, or rest during class (but you sacrifice academics).

Also, when you're tired or sick go see the nurse to gain Courage.

The tired status is either caused by prolong time periods in Tartarus which generally occurs after a full moon event or by studying too hard at night. Actually, studying at night have a random chance of getting tired the next day. If you save frequently, you can quit and reload you data until you get your desired result, not getting tired.

In a tired state, your character will be serious disadvantage such as receive more combat damage to reduce academic growth when studying at a tired state. The only way to fix the problem is by sleeping late at night or taking naps during class.

[quote name='fatbeer']The only way to fix the problem is by sleeping late at night or taking naps during class.[/QUOTE]

You can also use the "Bathroom" and sometimes his condition gets better. Also if you use the bathroom when you are in "Good" condition he has a chance to become "Great" condition. I'm not sure what's so great about it. I'm asuming he becomes a little more lucky or stronger in battle.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']You can also use the "Bathroom" and sometimes his condition gets better. Also if you use the bathroom when you are in "Good" condition he has a chance to become "Great" condition. I'm not sure what's so great about it. I'm asuming he becomes a little more lucky or stronger in battle.[/QUOTE]

I like the "Tired" status because then I can visit the weirdo school nurse and take one of his crazy concoctions. I haven't had one that actually rejuvenates, but it's a nice little "Courage" boost for actually trying it.

As for the vending machine drinks, the only use I've had for it is a particular one for a small fetch quest to establish a new Social Link with someone at Naganaki Shrine.

Minor dating spoilers ahead:

I'm really liking the social aspect of the game, even if it isn't particularly deep. Currently I'm trying to get into the pants of both the nerdy student council treasurer and the manager of the swim team. Next I'll set my sights on that lesbian that has the hots for Mitsuru and try to convert her. >_>

[quote name='keithp']Do the energy drinks from the vending machines help? I've never bought one.[/QUOTE]

They don't do much beside as weak alternative to healing item. Although, one of them is need to unlock hangman s link.

days available: monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday

requirements: available on may 12
-Buy Takoyaki from Wild Duck Burger at Aowatodai Strip Mall
-Mad Bull from the vending machine at dorm

After acquiring these items and give it to her.When she ask you to come the next day say "of course". Play with her the next day.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']You can also use the "Bathroom" and sometimes his condition gets better. Also if you use the bathroom when you are in "Good" condition he has a chance to become "Great" condition. I'm not sure what's so great about it. I'm asuming he becomes a little more lucky or stronger in battle.[/QUOTE] I don't recall bathroom removing tired status, I thought you still remain tired unless you go to sleep

Just beat the game this evening. Of course, now I really want FES. I mean
what's up with the hero? I get the idea that he died, having sacrificed his own life to seal Nyx. Also, I was a bit bummed that I wasn't able to continue with standard gameplay past 1/31. Still, all in all it was an excellent game and one that deserves another playthrough.

Does anyone offhand know what studio did the animation?

Final stats:

Level: 91
Floor: finished
Time: 89 hours
Compendium: 93%

[quote name='fatbeer'] I don't recall bathroom removing tired status, I thought you still remain tired unless you go to sleep[/QUOTE]
It can, there's a low chance that it'll bump you up a grade. Always make sure to hit the restroom before going to Tartarus, the stat bump while in Great status is definitely worth it.

I'm getting infuriated with this game.

I can't tell you how many times I've gotten hit (monster advantage) and wiped out before I get a chance to do anything. fucking overpowered moves and they just spam them on the main. And of course your teammates can't do anything to revive you. -_-;

You pretty much have to make sure they are facing the opposite way when you hit them to get the advantage. Once you get used to it, or can take care of monsters before their turn, it isn't too much of a problem. Of course, from time to time you'll mess up and get wiped out for the reason you stated above.

[quote name='suko_32']You pretty much have to make sure they are facing the opposite way when you hit them to get the advantage. Once you get used to it, or can take care of monsters before their turn, it isn't too much of a problem. Of course, from time to time you'll mess up and get wiped out for the reason you stated above.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, that seems kinda bullshit to me.

Enemies always seem to know when I'm coming. Do I have to crawl up behind them or something? Because I go up to them, I see the exclamation, and in midst of my attack they'll jam in a superquick jab and catch me "off guard". :roll:

As long as you're behind them like 180 degrees, you can walk or run behind them. Otherwise, their view range seems to be pretty big.

*sigh* I guess I'll tough it out then. I'm just tired of advancing several levels (couple before next "checkpoint") only to be killed like that. It's happened several times.

Oh everyone has that happened to them before. You're leveling up and maybe found a rare chest, but then you "slip" and an enemy gets the advantage. This leads some elemental spell that attacks all...eventually wiping out everyone/your main character. Yup.

Boo. I even got one of those "all treasure chest no enemy" levels but died.

I guess I'm not maximizing the potential of Persona... I've got a lvl 10 one, lvl 8 one, and two shitty "just in case" ones. Oh, and my shitty lvl 4 Orpheus.

I'm lvl ~12 btw.

Wait, wait wait...there are floors that are all treasure chest and no enemies?! Maybe I'm just unlucky. I also want to encounter a "accident" in the fusion part. With my luck with these things though, it won't happen.

It's like never encountering a wild shiny Pokemon in all the Pokemon games I ever played (except for a default one).

[quote name='suko_32']Wait, wait wait...there are floors that are all treasure chest and no enemies?! Maybe I'm just unlucky. I also want to encounter a "accident" in the fusion part. With my luck with these things though, it won't happen.

It's like never encountering a wild shiny Pokemon in all the Pokemon games I ever played (except for a default one).[/QUOTE]

Yeah. The one I got had like 7 chests. Nitsuru or whatever her name was like "TEH?! I don't sanse no emenies... how ahkwurd." I punched her in the throat, though.

And then I died a couple levels later.

[quote name='Starky27']It can, there's a low chance that it'll bump you up a grade. Always make sure to hit the restroom before going to Tartarus, the stat bump while in Great status is definitely worth it.[/QUOTE]

It must be very small chance since I haven't see that event occur. Or maybe I spend majority of my time getting a full night sleep? I ignored the Tartarus until it's the day before the full moon since your characters will never get tired during that timeframe. And it is really easy to max out attributes if you answer the quizzes correctly, frequently donate 1000 gold to shrine, visit club/cafe in nighttime and midnight studies.

Maxio- It seem like your not used to press combat system in Shin Megami series. Every time you take advantage of enemy weakness you get a free turn. This also applies to enemy opposition as well, they get a free turn if they take advantage of your weakness.

That is where monster fusion plays a big role in this game. Don't stick with your same persona throughout the game or you will be in serious disadvantage due to slow stat growth and weak spells. Upgrade your persona by constantly fusing them so they inherit other traits or abilities that will aid your battle against evil. If you choose your persona correctly and fuse them in daily bases you shouldn't have a problem in this game. Always carry a variety of personas to take advantage of enemies weakness or take less damage from them. Also, set up your strategy to "knockdown" if one of your allies have one opposing enemies weakness, enabling you to take advantage of their weakness and in effect more all out attack.

My one gripe with the game is that (as far as I can tell) you have to reset tactics every battle. I wish I could just default all my teammates to 'knockdown,' and make adjustments as needed, rather than having to set knockdown on people every turn.

[quote name='willardhaven']The Change Relic keeps housing me...[/QUOTE]

He beat me a few times too until I decided to just leave Junpei at the entrance to Tartarus. It also helps to have a good amount of Dis-Poisons, maybe 10 or so. I was maybe Level 11 or so at the time; I've beaten the next boss and am still not Level 15 yet.

[quote name='bjkrautk']My one gripe with the game is that (as far as I can tell) you have to reset tactics every battle. I wish I could just default all my teammates to 'knockdown,' and make adjustments as needed, rather than having to set knockdown on people every turn.[/QUOTE]

There's an option in the system settings to turn "Tactics Memory" on, which I think is what you're looking for.

The bathroom trick supposedly works 20% of the time, but the ratio seems more like 50% in my experience. I've gone from Sick->Tired and Tired->Good plenty of times using the bathroom.

[quote name='suko_32']Wait, wait wait...there are floors that are all treasure chest and no enemies?! Maybe I'm just unlucky. I also want to encounter a "accident" in the fusion part. With my luck with these things though, it won't happen.

It's like never encountering a wild shiny Pokemon in all the Pokemon games I ever played (except for a default one).[/quote]

I came across a few of these. Fuuka says something to the effect of "I don't sense any enemies. Something doesn't seem right..." I have found floors with nothing but standard chests and ones with all rare chests (8 homunculus on one floor ^_^)

There are also floors with nothing but the red-glowing strong enemies and those with nothing but the rare gold enemies.

[quote name='Moxio']I'm lvl 13 and at lvl 36 or whatever (the boss there, Statue) in Tartarus... am I underleveled at that time?[/quote]

I'm there and I keep getting housed by the Change Relic.

It spams the Magura and things get real.

[quote name='willardhaven']I'm there and I keep getting housed by the Change Relic.

It spams the Magura and things get real.[/QUOTE]

Same. Guide says to get a Wind-resistant Persona but the lowest one is lvl 15 so I guess I'll have to grind like a mofo. -_-

Hey guys, can someone explain to me why all of a sudden my main character sounds scared when he summons persona? Also what do those odd hearts in front of personas' names mean? Thanx!

[quote name='Chacrana']This Game Has Consumed My Life[/quote]

I noticed.

I'm gonna pick this up when my ps3 comes on tuesday, simply because I will have a system to play it on.

I really really hate any enemies with Hama or whatever the All-Hama spell is called. For those that forget/don't know, it's the instant kill one.

[quote name='martin8me']Hey guys, can someone explain to me why all of a sudden my main character sounds scared when he summons persona? Also what do those odd hearts in front of personas' names mean? Thanx![/quote]You got lucky! If you have the heart it means when your persona learns all its skills, you'll get a special item! They're usually good, I think. A great way to abuse it to death is to register it in the compdendium when it's 1 skill away from learning all of them! :applause:

For change relic a few tips. Get Jack Frost and Pyro jack and spam their combo skill that has a good chance to knockdown enemy. Then you can hit the boss with a combo attack for lots of damage. Set Yukari to support since she is resistant to wind she will basically never need healing.

Sadly that enemy is hard as hell and takes a bit of luck. I managed to get 4 crits in a row and blew threw him in 2 minutes on my 4th try.

bread's done
Back