The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

[quote name='Draekon']I have a friend who is still using Orpheus as their main Persona and is nearing floor 100. He's put a bunch of stat items into him and refuses to fuse any Persona until he beats the game or something like that, lol.

Yesterday he told me his Orpheus had like 40 str and 44 magic or something. I don't really remember but it was around that number. o_O[/QUOTE]

:shock: You gotta be kidding me. Does he want a challange or does he think that's a good tactic?(which it's not) If he stays with Orpheus the entire game then there's really no point in creating S-Links. Stats are important but that doesn't make a Persona. Skills play a huge part as well. He'll be stuck with that crappy Agi spell the entire game.

[quote name='Draekon']I don't know what he's thinking. He uses other Persona too but only the ones you find via shuffle.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Igor scares him and he doesn't want to visit the Velvet Room. But honestly the fusion is probably my favorite part of the game. *brings back fond memories of Nocturne*

Oh yeah, finally got my Messiah! I didn't realize the amount of steps that are required to get him.

1. Complete Elizabeth quest 29 to enable Nata Taishi Persona fusion
2. Cross spread: Lilim, Pixie, Nata Taishi and Narcissus to get Alice
3. Pentagon spread: Loa, Pale Rider Samuel Mot and Alice to get Thantos
4. Main Character must be level 90 or higher
5. Fuse Thantos and Orpheus to get Messiah.

And the weird part is Messiah isn't the strongest Persona, the strongest persona is Lucifer(requirement max star link and level 88). When you have both Lucifer and Satan in your party it unlocks a very powerful spell called "Armageddon", an almighty spell that deals 9999 damage, but drain's all you magic. But if you get Lucifer to 93 and get Victory Cry, it replenish you hp and sp after battle.

I wonder am I ready for the last boss? I'm not even level 99 yet with the ultimate weapons in Monde block. I guess I will grind a bit and start finish the game.

any of you guys who ordered from family video get your game sent yet? just wondering if they still have it back ordered or something. it never said anything like that when i ordered so yeah. and ive tried emailing them but no response.. :whistle2:# anyways, thanks

[quote name='jeremywoods']any of you guys who ordered from family video get your game sent yet? just wondering if they still have it back ordered or something. it never said anything like that when i ordered so yeah. and ive tried emailing them but no response.. :whistle2:# anyways, thanks[/quote]They're backordered, but have 200 copies on the way - no clue how many orders they have to fill, but hopefully less than 200.

Picked up my Walmart site-to-store order today, glad to see they put it in a nice box so it's in perfect condition. Don't really want to open it until I know where I'll be getting a sub-$50 copy from, so might have to throw another RPG in a console in the meantime.

[quote name='zewone']I beat the game.

Level: 72
Time: 52 hours[/quote]
How hard was the final boss? Was it as disappointing as DDS1's? Or was it as good as DDS2's?

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']How hard was the final boss? Was it as disappointing as DDS1's? Or was it as good as DDS2's?[/QUOTE]
I've never played either DDS, so I can't compare.

The final boss looks cool
, but it's not really difficult, more like tedious.

I wouldn't say I was disappointed.

[quote name='Chacrana']How many side-quest like things are there? I usually fly through RPGs, but I really want to take some time to enjoy this one.[/QUOTE]
There are quite a few requests given to you by Elizabeth, about 100 I think.

Plus, there are a ton of social links to establish and nurture.

I did about 1/2 of whats possible and it took me over 50 hours to finish the game.

[quote name='Chacrana']I am so fucking excited. This seems like it'll be the best SMT yet, and I fuckin' loved DDS and Nocturne.[/quote]

I second that... can't wait to finish nocturne myself & start this SMT experience! :bouncy:

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']How hard was the final boss? Was it as disappointing as DDS1's? Or was it as good as DDS2's?[/QUOTE]

It pretty easy, but you need to endure
13 Arcana boss fights, so no Armageddon spamming

[quote name='Chacrana']How many side-quest like things are there? I usually fly through RPGs, but I really want to take some time to enjoy this one.[/QUOTE]

There are several side-quest like getting all social link by charming guys to be your friend or girls for lovers, 55 different Elizabeth quest, and bonus dungeon, Mondo.

I'm enjoying the hell out of this game. I was a huge fan of Nocturne and the DDS games (and Devil Summoner to a lesser extent) and I'm diggin this game just as much. While I miss Kaneko's characters, I like the new art style. I've been crawling through the game, though. I've put about 25 hours in and I'm still only in the second block. My slow progress hasn't been a concern as I'm enjoying every minute of the game.

[quote name='jfunkdpg']I'm enjoying the hell out of this game. I was a huge fan of Nocturne and the DDS games (and Devil Summoner to a lesser extent) and I'm diggin this game just as much. While I miss Kaneko's characters, I like the new art style. I've been crawling through the game, though. I've put about 25 hours in and I'm still only in the second block. My slow progress hasn't been a concern as I'm enjoying every minute of the game.[/quote]

The new designs are fine but I also prefer Kaneko's style. Along with the music the art definatly makes the mood lighter than most SMT games.

I'm at the last part of the game. I am going to level up a little more, then try my luck with the final bosses and such. I just want this game to be finished; I don't feel like leveling up to 99 and trying my hand at the final boss. Over 70 hours so far is more than enough enjoyment out of this game for me. Really great game, but it's LONG.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Over 70 hours so far is more than enough enjoyment out of this game for me. Really great game, but it's LONG.[/quote]

I haven't tried packing 70 hours in one week. Maybe you're a bit burnt out. I'm only 24 hours so far.

Anyone else getting burned out on this game? I'm a big Megaten fan, and went gung ho on this for quite a long time before I started becoming too fatigued with the repetition of the same 20 tasks with 5 second load times between each, and having to do those 20 things everyday for a year.

After a while, I decided I had to start loading up codebreaker cheats to up my stats quite a bit. It doesn't change the gameplay at all, just saves me a minute or two each day of having to go study/practice/etcetera. That little bit of time saver put a bit more life back into the game, but then I just started realizing how much time is still wasted each day on little things + load times...urgh!

There are so many great things about this game that are being hampered because of the mind-numbing repetitive acts and load times :(

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I'm at the last part of the game. I am going to level up a little more, then try my luck with the final bosses and such. I just want this game to be finished; I don't feel like leveling up to 99 and trying my hand at the final boss. Over 70 hours so far is more than enough enjoyment out of this game for me. Really great game, but it's LONG.[/QUOTE]

If your lazy, you can watch my youtube videos.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I haven't tried packing 70 hours in one week. Maybe you're a bit burnt out. I'm only 24 hours so far.[/QUOTE]
It's been out for a week and a half. ;)

Fatbeer: Thanks for the videos. However, I didn't mean that I was not going to finish the game; I just wanted to finish it as soon as possible. Right now I'm at the final boss; I decided to shut the game off last night instead of facing it because it was pretty damn late and I had heard it was a long battle. I'm level 72, something like 74 hours in. I'm definitely going to peruse your videos anyway and I added myself as a subscriber to your videos.:)

I ran into an S-Link snag the other day. I was dating Yuko (level 8) and Yukari (level 6). However, I was trying to fuse Raphael and wanted to get the Empress link leveled, so I started dating Mitsuru.

I was doing alright dating them round-robin, but then test week came along and I couldn't do anything with them, so I maxed my Devil commu and worked on the Hanged Man commu. The Monday after tests Yukari was reversed. I think I'll max Yuko before I attempt to correct the problem, but it's still annoying.

So, has anyone successfully dated multiple girls simultaneously?

tiktok0 - I have to agree with you about those load times. They're pretty bad when you want to run around town, but they're not as bad as Persona 1 ;)

But I'm not bothered by leveling up my academics/charm/courage. Infact I think I'm about 35% through the game and already have my charm & courage maxed out. Once you get the hang of how the day flows and what you can do at certian times of the day, spaming the hell out of your stats becomes way too easy.

[quote name='thelonepig']I ran into an S-Link snag the other day. I was dating Yuko (level 8) and Yukari (level 6). However, I was trying to fuse Raphael and wanted to get the Empress link leveled, so I started dating Mitsuru.

I was doing alright dating them round-robin, but then test week came along and I couldn't do anything with them, so I maxed my Devil commu and worked on the Hanged Man commu. The Monday after tests Yukari was reversed. I think I'll max Yuko before I attempt to correct the problem, but it's still annoying.

So, has anyone successfully dated multiple girls simultaneously?[/QUOTE]
I dated all of them, but I kept running into problems with Yukari. She kept reversing.

I decided to finish off every other girl, then un-reverse her, because she kept doing it and wasting my time.

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']I finally maxed out Chihiro. She didnt even give me her cherry. ;([/QUOTE]
:lol:

I'm on the fence with this one, simply because my backlog is completely overwhelming. Is there a good chance this will be hard to track down in six months to a year?

Also, approximately how long are the first two games? I have both, but have only played a couple of hours into Persona. I'd like to finish them up before starting on the third.

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']I finally maxed out Chihiro. She didnt even give me her cherry. ;([/quote]

Damnit, that's the girl I've been dating for a month. Maybe I'll dump her and go for Yukari. Gotta go after the easy girls :cool:

tiktok0 - Loading time is pretty annoying when every sequence or event have one. I can't believe the amount of editing my friend used to cut those loading times to make nice transition to next scene. Some scenes you can't even cut out when it have some music involve with it, it just comes out funny when edited.

Getting all those s links for girls are pain in the butt except Mitsuru, her requirements are low due to time constraints in the end. The requirements are so high to proceed to next level and limit days from holidays to special events. And by add jealousy in mix, makes the task harder to achieve. The only way to get all of them in first cycle is careful planning or follow the guide step by step. The first few levels are very easy to build up, but later on you need to spend a lot of time visiting them or using Sundays or events to improve relationship much faster.

Does anybody know a good cost effective video recording program/device for video games? I don't want to bother my friend every time i want to put a video.

Well seeing I have not maxed out any S-links yet what are the max levels? So far and im not very far into the game but I have my Bookworms old people up to around 8 and the Kendo team one around the same and I think im around 5 with the nerdy girl lol...

Thanks

[quote name='defiance_17']:lol:

I'm on the fence with this one, simply because my backlog is completely overwhelming. Is there a good chance this will be hard to track down in six months to a year?

Also, approximately how long are the first two games? I have both, but have only played a couple of hours into Persona. I'd like to finish them up before starting on the third.[/quote]I;m not sure. Just get it while you can! And I dont know about the other question. I never had the pleasure of playing Persona on the ps1. :(

[quote name='Derrick1979']Well seeing I have not maxed out any S-links yet what are the max levels? So far and im not very far into the game but I have my Bookworms old people up to around 8 and the Kendo team one around the same and I think im around 5 with the nerdy girl lol...

Thanks[/quote],.
Max is 10

Time to s link with Mitsuru. I've been waiting so long for this. :drool::cool:

I finally bought this at a gamestop near me on the 25th they had two of them so I got one and the guide once I got home I played this all night and I really enjoy the music and the gameplay the school parts are pretty fun and the fighting in Tartarus is pretty good so far.

I am playing this on normal and I won't be using the guide till the second playthrough because I like playing it not knowing what's going to happen next.

Great go so far my favorite character so far is the main character and Junpei.

It's really hard to get a good balance of dating the girls, once you get a girl's S. Link rank to 7 or 8, it wouldn't be a good idea to go out with another one until you max out that S. Link...

I haven't started yet, but I'm being interrupted constantly. Does this have a pause feature that stops the clock? Or is it one of those annoying games that keeps the clock running constantly?

[quote name='pete5883']I haven't started yet, but I'm being interrupted constantly. Does this have a pause feature that stops the clock? Or is it one of those annoying games that keeps the clock running constantly?[/quote]

If you mean the "hours played" clock then no, I haven't seen an actual pause feature and bringing up the menu doesn't stop that time. Though if you're talking about "in game time", then you need not worry about idling unless you idle in Tartarus. There you'll need to bring up the menu or you'll die.

Finished last night. Something like 78-79 hours. Level 75 because I leveled up to get a certain Persona on my team, then maxed out most of his stats with the stat-boosting items. I did this because the first couple times I tried the final boss, it got some lucky hits and killed me. With the nearly maxed-out stats, it was a lot easier, though still a pain in the ass. Very long, drawn out battle. The ending
was really cute. It was so adorable how the hero was laying on Aigis's lap. It was nice that no matter who you max out in the S. Links, the hero ends up with Aigis anyway, it seems. :lol: The ending was worth the major hassle of the final boss, IMO.

Also, I found this coincidence amusing: I named my hero Ryuji, and one of the main story characters
who ends up being a part of Ryuji, his other half
is named Ryoji.

I was playing last night and just realized that, although Junpei is almost always in my party, he has never once given his "Adios A-hole" line that was in Markman's video.

Has anyone else gotten him to say it?

[quote name='thelonepig']I was playing last night and just realized that, although Junpei is almost always in my party, he has never once given his "Adios A-hole" line that was in Markman's video.

Has anyone else gotten him to say it?[/QUOTE]
Hmm, I've not heard it either.

[quote name='Chacrana']So when do I get to start dating?[/QUOTE]
Got to get your charm up, and you'll either start with the team manager from your sports team or a girl from student council.

So, when you get access to those.

[quote name='thelonepig']I was playing last night and just realized that, although Junpei is almost always in my party, he has never once given his "Adios A-hole" line that was in Markman's video.

Has anyone else gotten him to say it?[/quote]

Well I'm not to far in the game, but doesn't Akihikos friend say that?

[quote name='martin8me']Well I'm not to far in the game, but doesn't Akihikos friend say that?[/QUOTE]
Yes, Shinji says that all the time.

[quote name='Chacrana']So when do I get to start dating?[/QUOTE] It depends of which gal you want to date. The student council treasures girl or team manger is available right at start with little requirements.

Girl: Student council Treausrer
Days Available: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturdays
Location: Gekkoukan High School/2nd floor student council room, opposite direction from your home room
Requirements:
-must have emperor s link or arcana
- You can only reply once each day you talk to her. Give her the following response "I want to talk", "I'm male", "Hello" and "Lets walk home together"

Girl: Team Manger
Days Available: Wednesday, Saturday
Requirements:
-After the Chariot S Link reach rank 2. Talk to Yuko and ask her "Wanna walk home togethor".
If you say no, attend practice with kazushi again until she accept it.

Girl: Fuuka Yamagishi
Day Available: Monday, Friday, Saturday
Location Gekkoukan High School/ 2nd Floor Hallway next to bathrooms
Requirements:
-Available on June 17
-Fortune s link must be level 1 or high
-Courage must be max

Girl: Yukari Takeba
Day Available: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday
Location: Gekkoukan High School/ Class 2-F your homeroom class
Requirements:
-Available on July 24
- Charm must be max

Girl: Mitsuru Kirjio
Day Available: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
Location: Gekkoukan High School/ First Floor Office Hallway, near nurse office
Requirements:
-Available on November 21
-Academics must be max

Has anyon else had a S-Link reverse on them? I cancelled a Sunday date with the Student Council Treasurer (Chihiro?) and now I can't find her. Does anyone have an idea where I can find her or am I screwed?

[quote name='work88']Has anyon else had a S-Link reverse on them? I cancelled a Sunday date with the Student Council Treasurer (Chihiro?) and now I can't find her. Does anyone have an idea where I can find her or am I screwed?[/QUOTE]

She's on the first floor hall and not the second floor on the days that you would normally find her in the second floor hall.

[quote name='martin8me']Well I'm not to far in the game, but doesn't Akihikos friend say that?[/quote]

My mistake. I haven't really used Shinji a lot...
and can't now, thanks to certain events...

I'm sitting at the top floor of Tartarus (or second-to-top, I guess) on 1/6. I figured I might as well level up some, so I shot back down to the bottom floor and found a new door on the first floor. I forget the name of the area, but the first battle gave me over 40000 experience and shot me up 2 levels. Every battle since has been just like that.

I spent 30 minutes in there last night, just on the first floor, and shot up from level 73 to 88. It's a welcome jump considering I agreed to kill the reaper, per Elizabeth's request.

bread's done
Back