The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
See, here's often my problem - I just often don't replay games, these days and age.

Even if there's different outcomes and whatnot.

And this is definitely true, when a game is really long - think like say Skyrim or DAO.

I don't know if b/c TWD: 400 Days is so short, I might want to replay it. It's possible.

I did replay the hell out of Shadow of Destiny, though - and each play-through could take around 4-8 hours for that. {shrug}

But, I also have this damn ginormous backlog on backlog on backlog problem that just accumulates.
I....Love.....You! Shadow of Destiny is amazing!!! :)

Also to those who were talking about They Bleed Pixels and Fairy Bloom Freesia I've played both and greatly enjoy them with or without cards i'd recommend them.

I....Love.....You! Shadow of Destiny is amazing!!! :)

Also to those who were talking about They Bleed Pixels and Fairy Bloom Freesia I've played both and greatly enjoy them with or without cards i'd recommend them.
Shadow of Destiny was one of the last great adventure games that I played, IMHO...

EDIT:

Some of the last great adventures coming to my mind include = Shadow of Destiny; The Longest Journey + Dreamfall; and Culpa Innata.

TWD Season 1 is obvious as "the last great" adventure. Ain't gotta put that one on the list.

I did WoW for a long time, quit at the start of Cata mainly because of the changes to talent trees. Then with Mists they changed talents even more and I knew then I would never come back.

SW:ToR lasted me about a year or so, I still boot it up to play with my brother-in-law from time to time, but really isn't my thing anymore. Those were the only two MMOs I ever got into, mainly because I hate other people and always prefer playing/questing alone.

ESO is on my definite buy pre-order list. Hopefully that won't come back to haunt me.

I did WoW for a long time, quit at the start of Cata mainly because of the changes to talent trees. Then with Mists they changed talents even more and I knew then I would never come back.

SW:ToR lasted me about a year or so, I still boot it up to play with my brother-in-law from time to time, but really isn't my thing anymore. Those were the only two MMOs I ever got into, mainly because I hate other people and always prefer playing/questing alone.

ESO is on my definite buy pre-order list. Hopefully that won't come back to haunt me.
Pre-ordering/Kickstarting a game to me = sounds like something that will come back to haunt me.

Damn games w/ their DLC-Mania, GOTY Editions, and other nonsense that makes me NOT want to pre-order a game.

Quick price-drops don't help matters often, either.

I know, I know - we CAG'ers get so spoiled w/ a constant barrage of great PC game sales....

Pre-ordering/Kickstarting a game to me = sounds like something that will come back to haunt me.

Damn games w/ their DLC-Mania, GOTY Editions, and other nonsense that makes me NOT want to pre-order a game.

I know, I know - we CAG'ers get so spoiled w/ a constant barrage of great PC game sales....
I don't pre-order often. Actually, I have only ever done so once before with SW:ToR. I haven't bought a video game at full price since I learned how Steam sales worked, which was sometime around Fall 2011 (October when I bought Batman AA and Portal 2)

ESO I primarily want to get in right away because a) MMOs at launch are normally a totally different experience and b) I know many other people who will be pre-ordering I want to play with.

Compare this to my brother-in-laws who pre-order collector's editions like they are going out of style. Of course, they are young and don't have to worry about bills. I am trying to train them, but not having a lot of success. I did convince them to hold off on buying Tropico 4 at full price (and I picked it up for cheap on GMG about a week later) but then they bought Star Wars Empire at War Gold for full price, so I guess that doesn't really count as a successful lesson.

I stopped pre-ordering games after so many epic failures on the MMO front. It's also why I avoid E3 coverage. Games look so friggin' awesome, I show it to all my friends, get all hyped, pre-order, it comes out and sucks total ass. With MMOs, many of them have already shut down (Shadowbane and Horizons are the first that come to mind) The *only* game I've pre-ordered recently was Payday 2 because I trust the franchise and I got it for about 40% off. The pre-order bonuses aren't great, but eh, why not? Same went with Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite and a few others. Once I figured out how sales/bundles work and made some international connections, I don't bother buying anything I'm not confident about anymore.

Edit: 3.0 combines my posts when I don't want it to, and doesn't when I do. *sigh*

I don't pre-order often. Actually, I have only ever done so once before with SW:ToR. I haven't bought a video game at full price since I learned how Steam sales worked, which was sometime around Fall 2011 (October when I bought Batman AA and Portal 2)

ESO I primarily want to get in right away because a) MMOs at launch are normally a totally different experience and b) I know many other people who will be pre-ordering I want to play with.

Compare this to my brother-in-laws who pre-order collector's editions like they are going out of style. Of course, they are young and don't have to worry about bills. I am trying to train them, but not having a lot of success. I did convince them to hold off on buying Tropico 4 at full price (and I picked it up for cheap on GMG about a week later) but then they bought Star Wars Empire at War Gold for full price, so I guess that doesn't really count as a successful lesson.
I think the last game I spent full-price on (or close to it) for myself was The Witcher 2 from GOG for $45.

Well, dad did buy me for X-Mas Skyrim for $44 not too long after release, if that counts...even though I didn't buy it. {Shrug}

Skyrim is just that kind of game where b/c it's so big and I spend so many hours w/ it, I often don't care about price. The time and value that I can get out of those ES games puts most other games to bloody shame - and that's not even including DLC.

I got over 110+ hours w/ Skyrim - and ain't modded it or did any DLC with it.

{I usually mod my ES games AFTER I actually do finish the Main Quest + Expansions/DLC's}.

I stopped pre-ordering games after so many epic failures on the MMO front. It's also why I avoid E3 coverage. Games look so friggin' badass, I get all hyped, pre-order, it comes out and sucks total ass. The *only* game I've pre-ordered recently was Payday 2 because I trust the franchise.

Edit: 3.0 combines my posts when I don't want it to, and doesn't when I do. *sigh*
I have so much patience for waiting on games b/c of DLC-Galore; Re-Released GOTY Edition/Re-Released Ultimate Editions; fast price-drops of games (b/c of the DLC pushes; and/or how well/poorly a game sells; and depending on how aggressive some publishers can be); etc etc.

I think one of the few games I had to have close to release recently was Mass Effect 3 (spent $30 on it). I loved that game - even despite its horrid ending (before Extended Cut).

Just a head's up, it's 4.50 at GMG with the 10% coupon GMG10-VTTCS-VYH18
Ick @ only saving 50 cents / 10%.

Sorry, the CAG in me is speaking - even though that TWD: 400 Days prices still probably cheaper than going alone to the theatre at matinee-reduced price time-periods. ;)

I have so much patience for waiting on games b/c of DLC-Galore; Re-Released GOTY Edition/Re-Released Ultimate Editions; fast price-drops of games (b/c of the DLC pushes; and/or how well/poorly a game sells; and depending on how aggressive some publishers can be); etc etc.

I think one of the few games I had to have close to release recently was Mass Effect 3 (spent $30 on it). I loved that game - even despite its horrid ending (before Extended Cut).
I normally have a load of patience, but when I see that "75% off" label, I get giddy. Mass Effect was totally worth the ridiculous amount of money I sunk into it (bought it on sale and still had to shell out another insane amount for Bioware Points to get the missing DLC), but that is by far an exception.

If I had found out about Borderlands 2 GOTY and hadn't already pre-purchased the game with season pass included, I would be pissed. I'm waiting for Activision to get their head out of their asses so I can get the Call of Duty franchise, and Ubisoft so I can get AC Revelations and AC 3 w/DLC for a reasonable price. And by reasonable, I mean <$10 per game. I have a feeling I'll be waiting a while.

Ick @ only saving 50 cents / 10%.

Sorry, the CAG in me is speaking - even though that TWD: 400 Days prices still probably cheaper than going alone to the theatre at matinee-reduced price time-periods. ;)
I hear ya. The best suggestion I can make is watch the 666 sales and see if another $2 credit comes up. Buy a cheap game (assuming it has cardz and/or you actually want it) and use the credit on the DLC. BAM, 50% off.

Assassin's Creed DLC hasn't been anything to get excited about. By the time you finish the main game you are pretty tired of counter/stab anyway.

I normally have a load of patience, but when I see that "75% off" label, I get giddy. Mass Effect was totally worth the ridiculous amount of money I sunk into it (bought it on sale and still had to shell out another insane amount for Bioware Points to get the missing DLC), but that is by far an exception.

If I had found out about Borderlands 2 GOTY and hadn't already pre-purchased the game with season pass included, I would be pissed. I'm waiting for Activision to get their head out of their asses so I can get the Call of Duty franchise, and Ubisoft so I can get AC Revelations and AC 3 w/DLC for a reasonable price. And by reasonable, I mean <$10 per game. I have a feeling I'll be waiting a while.
Yeah, 75% off is a magical price for "add it to my backlog".

When it's less than 75% off, I'm likely playing it ASAP.

I have yet to buy any BioWare Points and any of the DLC for DA2, ME2, and ME3 - even though I do want them. I would love for BioWare down the road to FINALLY bundle all the DLC together or even release Complete Editions for those games.

About AC3 - I'm kind of done w/ AC; for a short period, at least for now. I'm burnt out after playing AC2, ACB, and then ACR. AC2 + ACB were awesome. ACR just...felt like nothing much was new for gameplay to me; and what was new was horrible (Tower Defense missions and Desmond's Portal-like puzzles). I can wait for AC3 [base game] to hit $10 and buy Season Pass later; or even wait for AC3 Deluxe (with all the DLC) to hit $15 or less.

About COD series - I kind of careless about the MP maps. I care more about the SP, actually. While that might seem odd - the MP in COD just doesn't hold like it once did back in the COD4 days. I can do w/out the MP Maps, if Acti wants to change that much. After about 10 hours of MP w/ a COD, I'm pretty much done w/ it. {shrug}

About BL2 - I paid $10 for base game and recently finished it. I'll get the rest, whenever - I'm on a BL2 break.

I liked the Portal style puzzles in ACR. The tower defense, not so much.
I hated the portal style puzzles in ACR. The tower defense was okay and you never had to do any others but the first tutorial one if you did it right.

As a major fan of the series though, I thought AC3 was terrible and it killed the series for me.

I hated the portal style puzzles in ACR. The tower defense was okay and you never had to do any others but the first tutorial one if you did it right.

As a major fan of the series though, I thought AC3 was terrible and it killed the series for me.
Well, damn - that doesn't give me too much hope for AC3, hehe.

I expect AC3 to at least be decent... {shrug}

About COD series - I kind of careless about the MP maps. I care more about the SP, actually. While that might seem odd - the MP in COD just doesn't hold like it once did back in the COD4 days. I can do w/out the MP Maps, if Acti wants to change that much. After about 10 hours of MP w/ a COD, I'm pretty much done w/ it. {shrug}
Yeah, I really have no interest in the MP content except for the very rare off-chance of a LAN party. I can't stand the community, at least when I played them on 360. I'm more interested in having them for the backlog, as the SP campaigns were pretty epic. Seeing as how I don't have a single CoD/MW game for PC, I'd looove to see a bundle at some point down the road. DLC would be the icing on the cake.

I do have concerns about Revelations and 3, as I've heard very mixed things about both. Are they worth it for the story, at least? My friend attempted to marathon all four, but burned out in the middle of Revelations. I haven't played any of the games enough to really know if I'm a fan, but they seem worth it. With Black Flag around the corner, I figure it best to get caught up on the storyline (assuming it's worth it).

I preordered a few games recently, but all were on the PC for about $25 after selling / trading game extras. I wasn't disappointed with a single preorder either (And played and beat every available one). Preordered Torchlight 2 ($10), Borderlands 2 ($20), FTL ($10) *I can't remember if it was a pre-order or some special game release thing, Bioshock Infinite ($22 after trading extras), Rogue Legacy ($10), Resident Evil Revelations ($23), South Park Stick of Truth ($33).

I know this is CAG, but do you guys pre-order games still? How do you feel about it? I try to be really cautious when pre-ordering.

I know this is CAG, but do you guys pre-order games still? How do you feel about it? I try to be really cautious when pre-ordering.
I avoid pre-ordering 99% of the time. Same with Greenlight games. Until I see reviews (I skip to the negatives), I just don't want to take the risk. No amount of research can prepare you for a retail release.

The last game I pre-ordered was Borderlands 2 and I was pretty let down by it. I pre-ordered the game + season pass for about $60 on GMG probably 2 weeks before it came out. At the time I was playing through Borderlands 1 and loved it.

I never really got into playing Borderlands 2. It felt really uninspired compared to the original. I wish I would have waited until gameplay videos (that weren't just promotions) were out on Youtube.

For me I hated AC, loved AC2 and AC:B, and enjoyed AC:R. 3 hasn't gotten to a cheap enough price point for me yet. I want to give AC1 another try now that I understand the series and have a 360 controller, and I'm looking forward to 3 and 4 (though I won't play four for probably a year or two, that's how long 3 is taking to reach a good point).

For me I hated AC, loved AC2 and AC:B, and enjoyed AC:R. 3 hasn't gotten to a cheap enough price point for me yet. I want to give AC1 another try now that I understand the series and have a 360 controller, and I'm looking forward to 3 and 4 (though I won't play four for probably a year or two, that's how long 3 is taking to reach a good point).
The first AC is the only one where you actually play as a stealthy assassin. After that they were button mashers without the combos that make button mashers a test of skill. Counter. Stab. You win.

I liked Brotherhood, but the 100% completion thing really annoyed me. I've been putting off Revelations cause I'm kind of burnt out on the series. I want to play 3, but I'm not going to skip Revelations. 

Does Revelations and 3 have the 100% completion feature?

Borderlands 2 was a really fun co-op game. And that's sometimes all I really need a game to be. Just something me and my girlfriend or friends can sit down and play together and have fun doing.

But yea I guess I've been pretty lucky in pre-orders because the games I got were not let downs (IMO). But if I pre-ordered Aliens Colonial Marines or something like that, then I would be very VERY angry =p

Last game I pre-ordered I think was Uncharted 3, which I found a bit of a let down. Still very much enjoyed it, and replayed it a couple times, but I've since become a lot better at controlling myself with pre-orders (having a backlog helps I suppose, got me to skip preordering Infinite and The Last of Us). Games are dropping in price so quickly now, pre-ordering just seems a waste (I can easily wait a month to save $20).

The first AC is the only one where you actually play as a stealthy assassin. After that they were button mashers without the combos that make button mashers a test of skill. Counter. Stab. You win.
Yeah, but in the Ezio trilogy it was at least possible to use stealth to a degree. AC3 simplified it even more to where you only use stealth in two or three missions. You have barely any options on how to approach missions, most boiling down to following a set obvious path. There aren't many assassinations and the few there are are painfully simplistic (climb this mountain, then climb this tree right at the top, then follow this path of branches to directly over the target.). The controls are also dumbed down to make climbing easier, but in the process it's taken away control from the player. Combat is even easier than Revelations (which was already easy).

The story is very haphazardly thrown together. Instead of feeling like they wove a story and supplemented it with actual historic events and people like the previous games did, AC3 feels very much like they just wanted to cram every notable American Revolution event into the game and then added the actual story as an afterthought. Side missions also have no context in 3.

That all said, I'm sure people can still get $5-$10 worth of fun out of the game, just don't go in with high expectations and if you don't mind stuff being simplified you probably won't dislike it as much as I did. The ship combat is actually a lot of fun in the game too.

Last and only game I've preordered was Bioshock Infinite, with the promo Gamersgate had (Xcom+Civ V+17000BC) and the 20% discount was a pretty good deal. But I was dissapointed by the game, don't get me wrong, it's a good game, I enjoyed playing through it A LOT, but as soon as I finished it, I was left down by no something... it just, didn't live up to the expectives, it was good, but no near as perfect as everyone talked about..it wasn't worth the pre order IMO.

I would neve pre-order a game again, at least that's what I'm hoping for.

I liked Brotherhood, but the 100% completion thing really annoyed me. I've been putting off Revelations cause I'm kind of burnt out on the series. I want to play 3, but I'm not going to skip Revelations.

Does Revelations and 3 have the 100% completion feature?
Sadly yes. I hate it so much (it drives the OCD in me so crazy lol).

The 100% in Revelations is really easy stuff though, but it 3 its way more annoying because of some jank and its the same jerk team that made the ones in Brohood, heh.

Shadow of Destiny was one of the last great adventure games that I played, IMHO...

EDIT:

Some of the last great adventures coming to my mind include = Shadow of Destiny; The Longest Journey + Dreamfall; and Culpa Innata.

TWD Season 1 is obvious as "the last great" adventure. Ain't gotta put that one on the list.
Haven't played Culpa but holy geezus The Longest Journey/Dreamfall series is so good I can't wait for the new one. :)

Yeah, 75% off is a magical price for "add it to my backlog".

When it's less than 75% off, I'm likely playing it ASAP.

I have yet to buy any BioWare Points and any of the DLC for DA2, ME2, and ME3 - even though I do want them. I would love for BioWare down the road to FINALLY bundle all the DLC together or even release Complete Editions for those games.

About AC3 - I'm kind of done w/ AC; for a short period, at least for now. I'm burnt out after playing AC2, ACB, and then ACR. AC2 + ACB were awesome. ACR just...felt like nothing much was new for gameplay to me; and what was new was horrible (Tower Defense missions and Desmond's Portal-like puzzles). I can wait for AC3 [base game] to hit $10 and buy Season Pass later; or even wait for AC3 Deluxe (with all the DLC) to hit $15 or less.

About BL2 - I paid $10 for base game and recently finished it. I'll get the rest, whenever - I'm on a BL2 break.
Wow, I'm surprised you're willing to pay so much for AC3.... I'm holding out for the complete version for $10 or less (I might be willing to stretch to $12... I just don't have much faith in AC3.

I do have concerns about Revelations and 3, as I've heard very mixed things about both. Are they worth it for the story, at least? My friend attempted to marathon all four, but burned out in the middle of Revelations. I haven't played any of the games enough to really know if I'm a fan, but they seem worth it. With Black Flag around the corner, I figure it best to get caught up on the storyline (assuming it's worth it).
AC:R wraps up Ezio's story and explains various things (e.g. "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.) If you want the story it's worth it. Game play is more of the same in an unexciting way... experiment with bomb making as soon as you can. Still waiting on a good price on AC3.

The last game I pre-ordered was Borderlands 2 and I was pretty let down by it. I pre-ordered the game + season pass for about $60 on GMG probably 2 weeks before it came out. At the time I was playing through Borderlands 1 and loved it.

I never really got into playing Borderlands 2. It felt really uninspired compared to the original. I wish I would have waited until gameplay videos (that weren't just promotions) were out on Youtube.
Probably a case of "too soon". They are quite similar. ..."too soon" absolutely applies to the AC games...1/year for those imo.

Anyone play Primordia? Considering most of you are on my friend's list, the answer is no. ;)

I've been playing it and have gotten really into it. The story and characters and puzzles are very, very cool. Robots trying to stay alive and recover their power source while in a desert and wondering what happened to their Creator, Man?

WadgetEye love.

Regarding 400 days for Walking Dead, I am waiting until at $2.50 or lower.  If you do not have a backlog (you probably would not be on CAG or reading this), then waiting would be appropriate unless you REALLY REALLY REALLY needed your walking dead fix.

The worst preorder I ever did was for Krater. 

I only have done one kickstarter; Wasteland 2.  I really fought myself about waiting for Torment, also by InXile.

I really laughed and was upset when I read the bogus excuses for Double Fine and Broken Age being behind schedule and overbudget despite taking in ten times the $400,000 they were originally looking for just in their initial kickstarter.  Double Fine also had Broken Age in their recent humble bundle (minimum $35 "donation"), yet still Schafer spits out crap.

Sorry about the double fine rambling, just upsetting when a developer abuses the trust of the financial backers of their project.

Anyone play Primordia? Considering most of you are on my friend's list, the answer is no. ;)

I've been playing it and have gotten really into it. The story and characters and puzzles are very, very cool. Robots trying to stay alive and recover their power source while in a desert and wondering what happened to their Creator, Man?

WadgetEye love.
I have it from one of the many bundles, yet to play it though, its sitting in my "I've filled up my dedicated 1TB steam drive so I have no plans to touch anytime soon" category. Plus, in terms of Wadget Eye games, I'm still on the 2nd Blackwell game...

WadgetEye love.
I actually started it a few days ago, and got stuck pretty early on :cry: I want to love it, but the puzzles seem so vague it's making it really hard to progress. I don't know, maybe I suck at adventure games. I'm going to give it another try, but I'm not expecting to get very far (also, it would be my luck that the part I'm at is mysteriously missing from the guide on Steam).

I have it from one of the many bundles, yet to play it though, its sitting in my "I've filled up my dedicated 1TB steam drive so I have no plans to touch anytime soon" category. Plus, in terms of Wadget Eye games, I'm still on the 2nd Blackwell game...
I own all of Wadget Eye's games on Steam. I've played Emerald City Confidential and Puzzle Bots and liked both very much. Interestingly, Primordia shows being published by them, not developed by them.

I own all of Wadget Eye's games on Steam. I've played Emerald City Confidential and Puzzle Bots and liked both very much. Interestingly, Primordia shows being published by them, not developed by them.
The same is true of Resonance and Gemini Rue.

Wadjet Eye is really just one guy and his wife, and he made the Blackwell Games, The Shivah, and EC: Confidential.

The rest of Wadjet Eye's stuff is just in a similar style and published by them, though they also do a bit of polish work on those games like recording voiceovers, so you'll notice all the Wadjet Eye games, regardless of Dev use the same stable of voice actors.

I actually started it a few days ago, and got stuck pretty early on :cry: I want to love it, but the puzzles seem so vague it's making it really hard to progress. I don't know, maybe I suck at adventure games. I'm going to give it another try, but I'm not expecting to get very far (also, it would be my luck that the part I'm at is mysteriously missing from the guide on Steam).
The puzzles are definitely a little harder than I expected. What really delighted me is how useful Crispin is as a hint-tool. He nearly always has something useful to say if you're stuck. Some things are a little vaguer than they should be, I think, and I did end up using a guide for one puzzle. I just love Horatio and Crispin, and the voices are top-notch. Actually, all the voices are fantastic.

The same is true of Resonance and Gemini Rue.

Wadjet Eye is really just one guy and his wife, and he made the Blackwell Games, The Shivah, and EC: Confidential.

The rest of Wadjet Eye's stuff is just in a similar style and published by them, though they also do a bit of polish work on those games like recording voiceovers, so you'll notice all the Wadjet Eye games, regardless of Dev use the same stable of voice actors.
I didn't know that Wadjet Eye is so small.

Also, I REALLY disliked The Shivah. Got it in some indie bundle or other, and it seemed quickly obvious why it didn't make it onto Steam. Controversial with a rabbi as a main character struggling with his faith in his failing church (synagogue?). I think he was trying to solve a murder or something. I just found the game awful, the interface clunky, and the puzzles mundane and irritating.

A little late to the party, but playing Frog Fractions and Candy Box this year made me seriously ask myself why I was spending more hours playing free web games than my ever-growing backlog on Steam...

Then I told myself off and enjoyed the web games anyway :)

Also, I REALLY disliked The Shivah. Got it in some indie bundle or other, and it seemed quickly obvious why it didn't make it onto Steam. Controversial with a rabbi as a main character struggling with his faith in his failing church (synagogue?). I think he was trying to solve a murder or something. I just found the game awful, the interface clunky, and the puzzles mundane and irritating.
It was Dave Gilbert's first non-flash game, and he speaks generally fairly critically of it in the Blackwell commentary tracks. Like, it's clearly an example of the kind of game he wanted to make and is similar in style to his later work, but it was more of a learning experience than anything.

I think there's a reason it hasn't even been submitted into the Greenlight process.

^^

All Crispin ever tells me is to stop bothering him and figure it out myself :argue:
Yeah, if you bug Crispin enough, he stops saying useful things. Then you just gotta hope you remember the useful things he said. :p

Actually, the data screen is also helpful to remind you of goals.

But yeah, pay attention to Crispin when he has useful things to say. Like, NOT talking about how much he wants arms.

Ha! I, on the other hand, became a fan of Wadjet Eye -because- of that game! I really enjoyed the narrative and the way you investigated things.

A little late to the party, but playing Frog Fractions and Candy Box this year made me seriously ask myself why I was spending more hours playing free web games than my ever-growing backlog on Steam...

Then I told myself off and enjoyed the web games anyway :)

Resisting the urge to google Frog Fractions.... who am I kidding. Once I'm done farming lollipops I'll google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back