The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone try Walking Dead 400 days dlc

worth $5.00 or wait
I loved season 1, but I'm waiting on a discount for 400 Days. I only paid $7.50 for TWD so I'm in no rush to pay nearly the same for one fifth the content. I'm sure they'll have a nice deal on it when season 2 comes out and then I'll play 400 Days while I'm waiting for a price drop on the new stuff.

I know this is CAG, but do you guys pre-order games still? How do you feel about it? I try to be really cautious when pre-ordering.
Only if I have enjoyed other games in the series, if I can find a great deal, and if I am going to be playing it right away. GMG has had some deals on pre-orders that have made a few games meeting my criteria very difficult to skip.

I avoid pre-ordering 99% of the time. Same with Greenlight games. Until I see reviews (I skip to the negatives), I just don't want to take the risk. No amount of research can prepare you for a retail release.
Same here - I barely pre-order or buy games week of release.

W/ so much going on that is anti-consumer friendly, you have little incentive to pre-order or buy week of release.

DLC-mania; planned re-released GOTY Editions/Ultimate Editions/or whatever they call Editions w/ ALL Content (Base Game + ALL DLC's + ALL Expansions); how fast PC games drops in price in many instances for whatever reasons; and how aggressive some publishers can be w/ sales (i.e. Square Enix); how sometimes games w/ Version 1.0 launch kind of buggy and/or technically not-so-stable (i.e. you feel like you're paying for being a Beta Tester) - it's almost not worth pre-ordering and buying games ASAP.

I know this is CAG, but do you guys pre-order games still? How do you feel about it? I try to be really cautious when pre-ordering.
Given a good enough deal. Bioshock Infinite from GamersGate with the sale price+20% off+Extra games, etc. I've bought games from video card promos for 50%+ off the MSRP. If I can score a 50% discount and feel reasonably sure I'll enjoy it, I'll consider a pre-order.

The first AC is the only one where you actually play as a stealthy assassin. After that they were button mashers without the combos that make button mashers a test of skill. Counter. Stab. You win.
I thought after the first AC, the series got better - namely speaking about AC2 and ACB here.

AC1's biggest problems on the PC were the game performed like garbage on most PC's; that most of the side-missions were cut & paste affairs (overused voice-acting lines; character models; mission types; etc); lack of variety in mission types; you were forced to do a few side missions before you could do a main mission (i.e. pad the game's length out).

AC2 fixed most of the above problems.

ACB tweaked the gameplay and also added some new features (Assassins to train for SP; MP component).

I know -- why do I backlog games on Steam and then spend hours playing free text-based simulation games?

2vl0gzq.jpg

I know for fact that some members of CAG are not cheap ass gamer, so put foot in each of yo licky girls mouth.

CAGposters are among us. Watch dem LavishAssGamers dat be close to you.

CAGers is = CAG members

DICK JOKE

/agree

For the first time in CAG 3.0 I'm looking for a dislike button.

I keep a mental archive of dislikes. If the cretin in question deserves a Like This, it will negate a Dislike This Because Just Look at the fucking Post

I say Caggers, it makes us sound more like a blood infection.

It sounds like "beggers" to me.

tumblr_mfduzo9mKg1rl52wjo1_500.gif

Are we (CAG'ers/Caggers/CAG's) turning into Vampires?

{Eyebrow raised}

Please don't apostrophize this catastrophe -- let's just prioritize its atrophy.

Wow, I'm surprised you're willing to pay so much for AC3.... I'm holding out for the complete version for $10 or less (I might be willing to stretch to $12... I just don't have much faith in AC3.

AC:R wraps up Ezio's story and explains various things (e.g. "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.) If you want the story it's worth it. Game play is more of the same in an unexciting way... experiment with bomb making as soon as you can. Still waiting on a good price on AC3.

Probably a case of "too soon". They are quite similar. ..."too soon" absolutely applies to the AC games...1/year for those imo.
I thought Borderlands 2 improved on most of my complaints w/ Borderlands 1 - i.e. the on and off storytelling & character development, namely. Plus, the interface, UI, and PC-side felt much better this time around, when compared to the original. Also, the whole bad-ass ranks bonuses really helped me keep on trucking in the game, as well.

About AC3 - it's AC and a AAA title, so I'll be fine w/ paying around what I paid for the last few AC games (i.e. $15 or less). I'd really like to get the AC3 Deluxe for $15 or less, if possible. It probably is NOT a good thing that they keep banking out new iterations in the series every year, unfortunately - b/c the series is starting to feel like it's not improving or changing much in major ways w/ each iteration.

BL1 is almost unplayable, going back to if after BL2. The lack of minimap was just one of the most nauseatingly stupid game design decisions ever, especially with the objectives being so damn hard to find half the time.

As for AC3, I only played a little, on a consolebox, but I thought it was ok in terms of gameplay. Different than the Ezio games, maybe a bit too streamlined, but it had a somewhat unique flavor. Honestly what killed my interest was how completely ludicrous the story was getting - and after the previous games that's saying something.

Haha if you do play Frog Fractions, just know that the game is completely bonkers, and if you feel like it's getting repetitive at the beginning, don't give up!
Indeed, if you're not getting it, just trust me when I say it's not something you should put down too hastily.

So I just spent most of the evening stumbling through http://adarkroom.doublespeakgames.com/ and thoroughly enjoyed it. Definitely better for not knowing what to expect and not doing any searches, instead learning by trial and error. Thanks for sharing!

WoW (even starting out) now is much different than WoW back in classic. At lower levels you're missing many signature abilities. Race/class/level reached?
Every now and then I miss WoW, and then I have to remind myself that the game I miss was the one in the first year, where there was a sense of discovery and community. The more recent rush to endgame and practically giving away the previous dungeon's gear eveyr time a content update is added to keep everyone in the same place really killed it for me. Plus, it now rushes you through the early content and eliminated the quests that taught you to use your abilities as you gain them. Bleugh.

Primordia was a candidate for one of the winter deals that were voted for. I would have bought it at the time, but, of course, some other crappier, been there, done that deal was voted for.

Does that Ace of Spades indie game have cards? ;)

If so - can you get an Ace of Spades Steam card? ;)

Yeah, now, imagine this...

Listening to Ace of Spades by Motorhead;

while playing the game Ace of Spades;

while drinking Ace of Spades;

and earning a Ace of Spades steam card that looks like a Ace of Spades playing card. ;)

(My own) Mind blown!
Free Ace of Spades

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNPjeIamsck

oops free Ace of Base

courtesy Cheap Asshole Gamer

BL1 is almost unplayable, going back to if after BL2. The lack of minimap was just one of the most nauseatingly stupid game design decisions ever, especially with the objectives being so damn hard to find half the time.
I find the fact that they refuse to remove Securom activation on half its expansion packs the most nauseatingly stupid thing about the game.

Well, that and the non-existing QA department.

I find the fact that they refuse to remove Securom activation on half its expansion packs the most nauseatingly stupid thing about the game.

Securom (or any other 3rd party DRM, for that matter) is certainly not necessary on Steam-versions of any game. PERIOD.

Steam DRM is enough and does a fine job, TYVM.

Every now and then I miss WoW, and then I have to remind myself that the game I miss was the one in the first year, where there was a sense of discovery and community. The more recent rush to endgame and practically giving away the previous dungeon's gear eveyr time a content update is added to keep everyone in the same place really killed it for me. Plus, it now rushes you through the early content and eliminated the quests that taught you to use your abilities as you gain them. Bleugh.
Nod! Back when 0-60 would take two months, back when getting to BWL meant needing MC gear... back when getting to MC meant lots of gearing up in dungeons... amalgams of raiders taking down world dragons in the middle of the night... back when killing Thrall meant getting dishonorable kills. Dungeon finder solved some issues, but lead to the disintegration of the server-social side of WoW. I cannot forgive the old world revamp with Cataclysm. Kids these days don't even know what Barren's Chat is...

And I'm so glad I'd done my various class missions, especially on my shammy... rolling another shammy much later just felt wrong, simply being handing all my totems.

That, my friend, is a business decision rather than a game design one. :p But yeah, I forgot that was in there and it is pretty stupid.

As for the glitches, well, it's not like Gearbox has given us any reason to expect better from them.

I've gone back to BL1 after playing BL2 and I strongly disagree with Neuropod.  BL1 hasn't lost any playability since BL2 debuted... in fact it's a nice cheap alternative to BL2.  I'd probably pick my top two criticisms of BL1 (in light of BL2) as driving, driving, driving (fast travel isn't quite as slick) & Gamespy for coop.

I've gone back to BL1 after playing BL2 and I strongly disagree with Neuropod. BL1 hasn't lost any playability since BL2 debuted... in fact it's a nice cheap alternative to BL2. I'd probably pick my top two criticisms of BL1 (in light of BL2) as driving, driving, driving (fast travel isn't quite as slick) & Gamespy for coop.
Agreed. I still have fun with BL1.

Almost never. New stuff costs too much $ and the price drops on the vast majority of things are quick enough that pre-ordering doesn't make much sense unless there is some "must-have" DLC bonus (in which case it will usually be made available to lowly non-pre-ordering scum for a few extra bucks down the road). The last thing I pre-ordered was LA Noire and I got it for something like $10 when I traded a couple of games at GS.

The worst preorder I ever did was for Krater.

I only have done one kickstarter; Wasteland 2. I really fought myself about waiting for Torment, also by InXile.

I really laughed and was upset when I read the bogus excuses for Double Fine and Broken Age being behind schedule and overbudget despite taking in ten times the $400,000 they were originally looking for just in their initial kickstarter. Double Fine also had Broken Age in their recent humble bundle (minimum $35 "donation"), yet still Schafer spits out crap.

Sorry about the double fine rambling, just upsetting when a developer abuses the trust of the financial backers of their project.
I look at way more Kickstarters than I actually throw money at. Torment and Wasteland 2 are two that I would really have liked to have put some money behind, but part of the reason I justified not doing so to myself was the knowledge that if they ended up on Steam (and they almost certainly will), they would eventually have 75% off sales. Having said that, I kinda hate looking at the Kickstarter pages because I frequently see things that I'd like to back but can't justify spending the money on.

I own all of Wadget Eye's games on Steam. I've played Emerald City Confidential and Puzzle Bots and liked both very much. Interestingly, Primordia shows being published by them, not developed by them.
I've been waiting for a good sale on EC Confidential because it looks really interesting, but like many of my fellow CAGs here, I have most of Wadjet Eye's stuff from various bundles but have yet to start one.

I've been waiting for a good sale on EC Confidential because it looks really interesting, but like many of my fellow CAGs here, I have most of Wadjet Eye's stuff from various bundles but have yet to start one.
Speak for yourself, I've beaten Gemini Rue, Resonance, all four Blackwell games, and Puzzlebots.

Hey, it was pretty tricky [customspoiler=HUGE spoiler]hiding that key under the rock[/customspoiler].
Not to mention the
exhilarating evil lemon boss battle; oh and the spell-casting on the dinosaur

And it actually runs on Windows 8!!!!!!!!

definitely a nominee for GOTY

I've gone back to BL1 after playing BL2 and I strongly disagree with Neuropod. BL1 hasn't lost any playability since BL2 debuted... in fact it's a nice cheap alternative to BL2. I'd probably pick my top two criticisms of BL1 (in light of BL2) as driving, driving, driving (fast travel isn't quite as slick) & Gamespy for coop.
Actually it seems like we are mostly in agreement, only I chose to be exceedingly melodramatic about my opinion. :lol: I do remember just having to drive foreeeever and the lack of a minimap was pretty much why it sucked so bad. Obviously the game is still fun, it's just like kinda like going back to coach after flying first class.

And yes Gamespy sucked, even in 2009 it was way past its expiration date. There's even a (rather obtuse) joke about it in BL2's "No Vacancy" mission. Come to think of it, there's a crack about the minimap too, right at the beginning of the game.

I suppose I should go back to BL1, just to see what it's like. The no minimap thing was annoying, but after a playthrough or two, you memorize the layouts of all the areas pretty quickly. I remember driving and melee sucking (Brick's skill is the exception), and also being incredibly annoyed with the lack of fast travel points in the DLCs (there was only one and you had to start there every time you loaded the game up).

Also, I may be in the minority, but I think the guns in BL1 were just a smidge better. You had crazier and deadlier varieties and there wasn't any end-all/be-all weapon or shield that you needed to be successful in the endgame (unlike BL2 where you need The Bee and/or Conference Call otherwise you'll fail). The guns look way better in BL2, but I don't agonize over which guns to keep as much as I did in BL1. Also not a huge fan of orange weapons not dropping from regular mobs. So you have to farm bosses over and over if you want to get legendaries.

Anyway, those little things aside, BL2 is still the better game.

I'm not exactly sure what's so bad about that screenshot. Yes, it's bad and better QA is needed in all games, but bodies getting stuck in walls is the quintessential video game glitch.

Also, I may be in the minority, but I think the guns in BL1 were just a smidge better. You had crazier and deadlier varieties and there wasn't any end-all/be-all weapon or shield that you needed to be successful in the endgame (unlike BL2 where you need The Bee and/or Conference Call otherwise you'll fail). The guns look way better in BL2, but I don't agonize over which guns to keep as much as I did in BL1. Also not a huge fan of orange weapons not dropping from regular mobs. So you have to farm bosses over and over if you want to get legendaries.
I agree about the gun problem. BL1 it was actually exciting to open chests or checking vendors to see if there was something good, but in BL2 most the good stuff is either specific boss drops, quest rewards or from the golden chest. Hopefully for Borderlands 3 they go back to the way it was in 1.

The action skill cooldown is the other big difference between Borderlands 1 and 2 that no one's mentioned. They had much longer base cooldowns in the first game until you got the talent to reduce cooldown. It made the early game very slow and somewhat boring. Thankfully they fixed it in 2.

I own all of Wadget Eye's games on Steam. I've played Emerald City Confidential and Puzzle Bots and liked both very much. Interestingly, Primordia shows being published by them, not developed by them.

I really enjoyed Emerald City Confidential. I have read a few of the books since finishing the game and I found it really interesting when I came across characters and locations in the books that were used in the game. When I finish the book series I would like to play the game again just to see all of the references to the books I missed before.

I've only spent a little time in BL2, as I've been waiting for a better comp to enjoy it to its fullest. I have been hoarding golden keys though. My friend and I have been finishing up achievements to 100% the game - if any of you are interested in joining us, we could certainly use the help. We're cleaning up the DLC for Playthrough 2 - finished Claptrap last night and I have the Completionist and Sneaky Little Buggers achievements to acquire from Knoxx...and aside from that it's the Coliseiums (the 2-4 hour ones; we've completed The Gully) and Crawmerax.

While we manage, some extra bodies would make it extra fun. Borderlands is in a league of its own when playing co-op. Add me on Steam if anyone is interested (add button is in my sig) - we can do achievements, quests, challenges, or just plink around on either playthrough. We're just enjoying the last bits of the game before we burn out - just shy of 250 hours after all is said and done.

All that said, I am not creating another character to level up. We're a team of 69 Sniping Sniper (me) and 69 Rocketing Zerker.

It's kind of a funny story. I was expecting a package, and I went to go pick it up at the apartment office. Instead of the tiny package I expected (for a toe ring, seriously), they drag out a PC monitor. I was like, "Ohhh, let's just pretend I haven't been here."

I text my hubby. "Yeah, so I think you have a package at the office."

;)

Thankfully, my employer doesn't mind when I have packages sent to my work address. Makes it SO much easier to keep gifts out of wifely view before I can get them wrapped.

It was Dave Gilbert's first non-flash game, and he speaks generally fairly critically of it in the Blackwell commentary tracks. Like, it's clearly an example of the kind of game he wanted to make and is similar in style to his later work, but it was more of a learning experience than anything.

I think there's a reason it hasn't even been submitted into the Greenlight process.
Ah, that makes sense then. The Shivah seemed so poor to me after the delightful Puzzle Bots and Emerald City Confidential, and I was really disappointed in the change in direction. Now I see it was an early work. Good to know.

Speak for yourself, I've beaten Gemini Rue, Resonance, all four Blackwell games, and Puzzlebots.
:bow:

I really enjoyed Emerald City Confidential. I have read a few of the books since finishing the game and I found it really interesting when I came across characters and locations in the books that were used in the game. When I finish the book series I would like to play the game again just to see all of the references to the books I missed before.
Ha, I had the same sort of reaction to Emerald City Confidential! I read a bunch of those books as a kid, so some tiny bits were remembered which helped me enjoy the game more. It's funny: when I was playing the game, I thought, "Maybe I'll go read some of those Oz books again."

Then I looked up how many there were...

ain-t-nobody-got-time-fo-dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg

For anyone that doesn't have any Assassin's Creed games, Nuuvem has an pretty good package of ALL the Assassin's Creed games (I Directors Cut edition, II Deluxe Edition, III Deluxe Edition, Revelations Gold Edition, Brotherhood Deluxe) for around $35, including all the DLCs. 

If you've previously bought Assassin's Creed games off Nuuvem (as I had), they will actually pro-rata the price down according to the previous AC game you have on your Nuuvem Account.

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/combos

For anyone that doesn't have any Assassin's Creed games, Nuuvem has an pretty good package of ALL the Assassin's Creed games (I Directors Cut edition, II Deluxe Edition, III Deluxe Edition, Revelations Gold Edition, Brotherhood Deluxe) for around $35, including all the DLCs.

If you've previously bought Assassin's Creed games off Nuuvem (as I had), they will actually pro-rata the price down according to the previous AC game you have on your Nuuvem Account.

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/combos
I'm guessing all the AC games here use....Uplay?

Borderlands 2 weapon drops are awful. I think that's why they are constantly dropping golden keys. They know it's the only way to get decent weapons that aren't 5 levels behind you.

Decided to grab that LEGO complete pack from GMG so now it is time for a LEGO binge to get through all this Steam sale waiting

For anyone who didn't know, GMG is recapping all the 666 sales.  As noted above, there is a 10% off voucher code.  I picked up Virtua Tennis 4, and They Bleed Pixels for the caaaaarrrrrrdddddzzzzzz...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back