The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a fine line between hipster and Amish, and you just crossed it. Prepare for the wicking of a lifetime whenever they discover the internet!

I grew up Amish but, when I turned 13, I became a hipster and banished myself from the settlement because I felt that their clothes were too baggy.

Toki Tori 2 was scheduled to be released on July 02. It has been pushed back to July 11. I'm not sure how much we can read into that, but they don't release games during the big sales. So the Summer sale wont be ongoing on July 11. It will either be over, or wont have started yet.

speaking of pc peripherals. im trying to find a good pc gamepad. the general opinion seems to be that the 360 controller for windows is the best choice. can anyone recommend a good place to buy one at a reasonable price? Newegg apparently had it on sale for $25 last week, but it sold out fast. Im looking at ebay and i see prices in the 18$ range, but I cant tell if they are real or knockoffs. amazon has it for $35.5(after tax).

I have a controller that i got for free years ago through a MiR, but its terrible. 

speaking of pc peripherals. im trying to find a good pc gamepad. the general opinion seems to be that the 360 controller for windows is the best choice. can anyone recommend a good place to buy one at a reasonable price? Newegg apparently had it on sale for $25 last week, but it sold out fast. Im looking at ebay and i see prices in the 18$ range, but I cant tell if they are real or knockoffs. amazon has it for $35.5(after tax).

I have a controller that i got for free years ago through a MiR, but its terrible.
I ordered a wired X360 controller a while back for $27.99 on Amazon. Not sure if you'd be able to find one for that price now though (that isn't a knockoff). I don't know how Amazon goes with knockoffs, but I'd be wary of anything shipping from China. =P

You can't beat the official 360 one, but I've used cheapos from Madcatz that I found for like $10 and have been happy. They don't last as long, but for the price they are usually fine. 

Xbox 360 controller has the best analog sticks (and I prefer the controller layout). Dualshock 3 controller has the best d-pad, and works great at emulating a 360 controller with motionjoy drivers. Both are great options.

I'd avoid ebay entirely for controllers.

thanks for the input. i do like the dualshock's feel better than any other controller, but its too expensive. I guess I will stick with the 360 controller. I will probably pay the 35 for it on amazon. ive been putting off buying a gamepad for too long. thankfully i wont have to pay for shipping because of amazon prime.

Toki Tori 2 was scheduled to be released on July 02. It has been pushed back to July 11. I'm not sure how much we can read into that, but they don't release games during the big sales. So the Summer sale wont be ongoing on July 11. It will either be over, or wont have started yet.
Ugh, it seems like each year they keep pushing the Summer Sale further and further back. Won't start until mid July as that's the only noticeable gap in the release schedule. Lots of stuff is slated to be released next week.

Edit: On second gland it seems last year's started around the 12th, too, although it seemed like it was a bit earlier.

I wouldn't read too much into that. If I'm not mistaken Back to the Future was released just before one of the Holiday Sales. Maybe there are other examples.

thanks for the input. i do like the dualshock's feel better than any other controller, but its too expensive. I guess I will stick with the 360 controller. I will probably pay the 35 for it on amazon. ive been putting off buying a gamepad for too long. thankfully i wont have to pay for shipping because of amazon prime.

Xbox 360 controller has the best analog sticks (and I prefer the controller layout). Dualshock 3 controller has the best d-pad, and works great at emulating a 360 controller with motionjoy drivers. Both are great options.

I'd avoid ebay entirely for controllers.

I know I'm late on this, but I'd avoid using Dualshock+MotionInJoy drivers. Not only are the drivers incredibly hard to uninstall (you'd want to uninstall them because they prevent connection of actual gamepads and wireless peripherals such as keyboards/mouses) because they do this stealth shit, but the program also commonly throws out BSODs and sometimes fucks up peoples' Windows installs (Almost happened to me). Simple google search confirms this. I'd recommend 360ce or XinputWrapper if you're gonna use a Dualshock.

I bought a 50$ 360 from NewEgg.ca. Best 50$ I ever spent.

Question about launching TSW on Steam.  When you launch the game via steam, does it ask for your user name/password, or does it auto-log you into the character select screen?  Trying to juggle some things and figuring out if I can buy a copy on my account and give the account key to my girlfriend, or if once it's attached to my account, it would auto-log into the account associated with the key... bah.  It's not a complicated question, it just comes off as one.

So, as a final update, Steam just pretty much told me they aren't going to be able help me out with Don't Starve disappearing from my account as they 'had no record of me ever owning it'.  I guess the email I (still) have from Steam telling me it was gifted to me and my memories of activating it and installing it were wrong. Oh well. :mad:

So, as a final update, Steam just pretty much told me they aren't going to be able help me out with Don't Starve disappearing from my account as they 'had no record of me ever owning it'. I guess the email I (still) have from Steam telling me it was gifted to me and my memories of activating it and installing it were wrong. Oh well. >:(
I gotta print posts like this or save a link or something next time someone says "but Steam never took anyone's games away"...

Edit: On second gland it seems last year's started around the 12th, too, although it seemed like it was a bit earlier.
Nah, last year took them what felt like forever to start the Summer Sale. To the point where GMG ran a sale with a tagline like "Feeling like a summer sale but can't find one? We've got you covered!"

So, as a final update, Steam just pretty much told me they aren't going to be able help me out with Don't Starve disappearing from my account as they 'had no record of me ever owning it'. I guess the email I (still) have from Steam telling me it was gifted to me and my memories of activating it and installing it were wrong. Oh well. >:(
I gotta print posts like this or save a link or something next time someone says "but Steam never took anyone's games away"...
Oh, but you know they'll just fit it into one of their exceptions. "It was probably stolen or bought with a stolen credit card, bla bla bla." It would be impressive if Steam was actually policing this sort of stuff months and years after a game is bought.

I'm a dualshock native as well (growing up on PS1/PS2), but they're way too expensive compared to the X360 controller. X360 controller will just have to do. =[

And the summer sale won't start next week either since Company of Heroes II is out on Tuesday, which is very likely to get one of those annoying giant banners.

re: Controllers

I've gotten all my DSIIIs for like $10 - $20 bucks each (Camo one for $20) so they aren't super expensive if you just wait or watch CAG for a deal.

re: Steamz

Daily Deal is Mafia II for $7.50 and all DLC 75% off (I think people wanted this): http://store.steampowered.com/app/50130/

Weekends are:

Evoland at $4.99: http://store.steampowered.com/app/233470/?snr=1_4_4__40_3

Dead Island Riptide for $19.99: http://store.steampowered.com/app/216250/?snr=1_614_615_deadislandweekenddeal_616 (And DLC 50% off)

Dead Island - $4.99: http://store.steampowered.com/app/91310/?snr=1_614_615_deadislandweekenddeal_616_1

Paradox Weekend - Entire Catalog 50% off: http://store.steampowered.com/publisher/Paradox%20Interactive?snr=1_4_4__117

Today's Paradox daily being Cities in Motion Series, 66 to 75% off:

Cities In Motion Collection - $12.49: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15821/?snr=1_614_615_paradoxweekend2013_616_1

Cities in Motion 2: $6.79: http://store.steampowered.com/app/225420/?snr=1_614_615_paradoxweekend2013_616

Oh, but you know they'll just fit it into one of their exceptions. "It was probably stolen or bought with a stolen credit card, bla bla bla." It would be impressive if Steam was actually policing this sort of stuff months and years after a game is bought.
Ehhh, it probably was bought with a stolen credit card, or a charge back was done. Since he didn't buy it and it was gifted they don't owe an explanation, if a trade was done, they'd have given him back the game he traded as they've done for people in the past. It was gifted from steam gifts of all places, not from a "friend". The person that bought the game I would imagine could find out why it was removed, but you know they aren't going to do that, they know why.

I bet, if you were to use a stolen credit card on GOG they'd remove the games you "stole" from them from your account. Now if you download the installer prior to that, you get to keep the game, it's still stolen and no different from pirating though.

Mafia II hasn't been on sale on Steam since the Summer Sale last year (when I bought it). Although it has been on sale several times through other outlets in that time. But you can only get the Digital Deluxe version through steam. So if you crave that version of the game, you might wanna think about picking it up now.

I will say though, it kinda feels like it's due for an MSRP drop.

Ehhh, it probably was bought with a stolen credit card, or a charge back was done. Since he didn't buy it and it was gifted they don't owe an explanation, if a trade was done, they'd have given him back the game he traded as they've done for people in the past. It was gifted from steam gifts of all places, not from a "friend". The person that bought the game I would imagine could find out why it was removed, but you know they aren't going to do that, they know why.

I bet, if you were to use a stolen credit card on GOG they'd remove the games you "stole" from them from your account. Now if you download the installer prior to that, you get to keep the game, it's still stolen and no different from pirating though.
I went a couple days back and looked at the profile of the dude who sent it to me. He is still in good standing & has over 700 games. Location listed as California. So that threw me a little bit.

The Better Business Bureau's rating for Valve is an F on a scale of F to A+.

The site explains why Valve earned that F, and you can read complaints and file one of your own.

Honestly, buying the official (or reputable knockoff) usb wireless receiver for xbox 360 controllers was the best investment I've ever made and have recommended it to many friends. Controllers are cheap from the pawn shop (and free from friends :D).I went 360 during the last gen console wars purely because the controller was more comfortable in my hand, and it seems most games support it out of the box over any other controller.

The receiver has been discontinued, but can still be found on Amazon and Ebay for a reasonable price. There's a known issue where the fuse blows out (took 9 months for it to happen to me), but about 5 minutes with a soldering iron, tin foil or wire can fix that (permanently, from what I've researched). Support for 4, easily-acquired *wireless* controllers with a wide range support is a win-win in my opinion. Other than the blown fuse, I've been incredibly happy with my purchase and wouldn't hesitate to buy another if mine croaked altogether (although there seems no reason why it should now that I fixed an issue M$ should have from the start).

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows/dp/B000HZFCT2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371749495&sr=8-1&keywords=360+wireless+receiver $16.09. You can haggle with pawn shops to get a controller for less than $15 no problem. Connect up your PC to a big screen and have your friends bring their controllers over and not hassle with cables; it has a 30ft range (I've tested mine to about 22ft). As far as reliability, I've never had a single problem unless my actual PC was acting up (stuttering in Just Cause 2 would sometimes make a button "stick" until I pressed it again. Definitely not the adapter or controller's fault).

For the games that don't have OOB support, I use Pinnacle Game Profiler. It has a painless setup for the 360 controller and, despite its overly convoluted interface, works with everything I've thrown at it.

But you're just speculating wildly and assuming all the facts are in favor of Steam to justify that. I think anytime anyone takes anything from me, even if it was gifted to me, they owe me an explanation. A simple "that item was bought with a stolen credit card" or "the original transaction was flagged by our fraud department" etc. would suffice. Like I said, people will make excuses or facts up to justify that defense.

kn9dxoG.jpg

f u stim

I know I'm late on this, but I'd avoid using Dualshock+MotionInJoy drivers. Not only are the drivers incredibly hard to uninstall (you'd want to uninstall them because they prevent connection of actual gamepads and wireless peripherals such as keyboards/mouses) because they do this stealth shit, but the program also commonly throws out BSODs and sometimes fucks up peoples' Windows installs (Almost happened to me). Simple google search confirms this. I'd recommend 360ce or XinputWrapper if you're gonna use a Dualshock.

Hm. I never installed MotionInJoy even though I've downloaded it a few times. Every time I'd read about the steps involved, I'd say to myself, "nope, I don't really want to go through that trouble" and just settle for my Logitech Rumblepad 2.

I'm a dualshock native as well (growing up on PS1/PS2), but they're way too expensive compared to the X360 controller. X360 controller will just have to do. =[
Eh, I find that unless you get one on sale, the XBOX controllers are just as expensive as the PS3 ones. Eventually I'll probably pony up for a real XBOX one (I guess I'd better hurry--they may get scarce after the 1 comes out).

Mafia II hasn't been on sale on Steam since the Summer Sale last year (when I bought it). Although it has been on sale several times through other outlets in that time. But you can only get the Digital Deluxe version through steam. So if you crave that version of the game, you might wanna think about picking it up now.

To toss out a gaming-related comment, Mafia II is a lot of fun (the DLCs are kinda crap but the main game is great).

I went a couple days back and looked at the profile of the dude who sent it to me. He is still in good standing & has over 700 games. Location listed as California. So that threw me a little bit.
Doesn't mean he bought it though. He may have won it himself on Steamgifts and just decided to raffle it off for Steamgifts standingpointsstatuswhatever. Since there's no "Original buyer" tag on the gift you can't tell where it was originally bought.

The Better Business Bureau's rating for Valve is an F on a scale of F to A+.

The site explains why Valve earned that F, and you can read complaints and file one of your own.
The BBB isn't a particularly credible source, especially when it comes to companies that haven't sought accreditation or stay in contact with the BBB.

I'm not coming to Valve's defense here, just noting that bringing up the Better Business Bureau doesn't really mean much.

I've been avoiding TSW mainly because I believed it should be played in groups. Now that I know you can go solo, I'll wait for the next amazon sale. It can be played with a "simple" mouse? Or you need a Naga or something like that?
You absolutely do not need a Naga. Any mouse will do. MMOs tend to have a ton of buttons to press, so moving some actions onto your mousing thumb can be convenient. That said, the majority of WoW raiding guildies did not have one (maybe 10% did). The first Naga was ~$130 iirc, thankfully they're now closer in price to high end mice. Imo, don't bother unless you're looking for a new mouse or MMOing a lot and really feel the need to mash more buttons.

I do love the stealth missions. Yes, stealth quests in an MMO. The integrated web browser. The characters. And killing things can sometimes be fun.
WoW (going back to classic) had a good handful of "steath" quests.

Really depends on personal preference more than anything. There are two protocols used Xinput (360) and DirectInput (generally pre-360 games, racing wheels, it supports a large number of buttons and axes -- Xinput only supports what's on the 360 controller). You can't go wrong with a genuine 360 pad (Xinput only), a DS3 (w/BetterDS3, Xinput & DirectInput & easy remapping), or the Logitech F310 (wired, no rumble) or F710 (wireless+rumble) (Xinput + DirectInput + nice Logitech remapping software).

If you want good controller support in pre-360 games, I'd suggest considering a DirectInput capable controller.

There is FUD over the way MotionInJoy's configuration tools is a "HTML and JavaScript inside of that WebBrowser control. This HTML and JavaScript comes from a remote server out on the internet, this is where things become somewhat nefarious in my opinion.' Details here. A better solution is to avoid the MotionInJoy config tool and use BetterDS3 (it's a better and easier tool, works offline).

Gaben knows best. ;)

I'm surprised you went as far as contacting Steam support. Steamgifts can be shady, as you never know where the person bought the game from, or how they bought it. If it were a good friend that gifted me a game, I'd definitely contact support.. but for a game I got from Steamgifts? Nah.. chances are high that the copy wasn't legit, or was stolen. You'd most likely have to provide proof of purchase to get it added back to your account.

I think the best thing to do would've been to contact the person that gifted it to you, not Steam support. Figure out how they obtained it, and if it IS legit, then ask for proof of purchase from the gifter.

Eh, I find that unless you get one on sale, the XBOX controllers are just as expensive as the PS3 ones. Eventually I'll probably pony up for a real XBOX one (I guess I'd better hurry--they may get scarce after the 1 comes out).

To toss out a gaming-related comment, Mafia II is a lot of fun (the DLCs are kinda crap but the main game is great).
Thanks for the comment about Mafia II. I've been eyeing it for a while (and unsure about the DLC). MRSP is too high for it's vintage though... hmm could it be candidate for Gaben's day-after-sale trolling?

I'm throwing out my guess for cards today:

-Stealth Bastard Deluxe

-Max Payne 3

-Mark of the Ninja

-Awesomenauts

-Orcs Must Die 2

It seems they release around 11:00 AM PST.

Edit: Haha, I should've probably just deleted this... 0 for FIVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back