The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
No I just uninstall after I "finish" games. I usually don't take dlc into account. I like having a short tidy Installed section in my steam library.
Big games that are huge in size (think like RAGE at 24GB or TSW at around 39.2 GB) or games w/ DLC that I'm missing (especially when we know there's more coming), I often won't uninstall.

But, yeah - if they're smaller, I'll back it up on my one of other external HDDs or on multiple DVD's.

No I just uninstall after I "finish" games. I usually don't take dlc into account. I like having a short tidy Installed section in my steam library.
I'm just the opposite. I have 99% of my 433 Steam games installed in my steam library. Plus the Origin & Uplay collections. Still have 145 GBs free :).

I just prefer having the ability to click on any game and play it immediately rather than wasting time downloading/installing. To each their own though.

I'm just the opposite. I have 99% of my 433 Steam games installed in my steam library. Plus the Origin & Uplay collections. Still have 145 GBs free :).

I just prefer having the ability to click on any game and play it immediately rather than wasting time downloading/installing. To each their own though.
I eventually had to put my games into categories to prevent me from downloading all of the ones I don't want to play per se.

That's news to me. If so, I don't think it works for any Ubi game.

BTW Max Payne 3 is 29.7GB, at least my copy is. I didn't purchase any DLC but I may have gotten some crap like a preorder weapon or skill.

I eventually had to put my games into categories to prevent me from downloading all of the ones I don't want to play per se.
Yeah, it's harsh to say but some games are just there to be collected (+card farmed :boxing: ). Then shoved into the deep dark depths of a CAG gamers backlog with only the slightest hope of ever seeing the 1s and 0s accessed. This generally only applies to bundled and free games.

Me too. I have a 3 TB External Hard Drive I install games to that I don't care if they run off a 5200 rpm device.

The only games I don't have installed are those few I know I'll never, ever, ever play.

Yeah, it's harsh to say but some games are just there to be collected (+card farmed :boxing: ).

Speaking of card farming, it looks like the original Trine now has cards, it just showed up on my Badges list.

Huh, it's news to me that XCOM Enemy Unknown has cards, saw it on my badge list just now.

Cool, Trine has a launcher so I'll get my drops by just running that. Was just browsing the Trine settings and anisotropic filtering only goes up to 8x, who would build their game without 16x?

Man, looks like the next next-gen consoles are going to cause MAJOR change in PC requirements...

Let more stiff PC requirements trend continue....

Call Of Duty: Ghosts - PC Version system requirements revealed:
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/call-of-duty-ghosts-system-requirements-revealed/

Nvidia has revealed the minimum and recommended system requirements for Call of Duty: Ghosts on PC.

Similar to the Watch Dogs specs released by Ubisoft, Call of Duty: Ghosts will require a 64-bit operating system, a DirectX 11 graphics card, and a minimum of 6GB of RAM.

It appears that developers are finally pushing the PC now that they aren’t being held back by current-gen console specs. These specs shouldn’t be an issue for most PC gamers, but casual gamers may need to upgrade their systems.

Minimum System Requirements
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
RAM: 6 GB RAM
HDD: 50 GB HD space
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
DirectX: 11
Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.

Recommended System Requirements
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

They revised those Watchdog requirements, the developer tweeted that those aren't the real ones and they will be much more reasonable when officially released. No clue about Call of Duty though.

FUEL keys from Gamefly might be available for some, all, or just me. I didn't get a comforting e-mail so I checked manually. I feel like a tool for manually doing anything. I don't even read manuals manually: I pay my neighbor's -- Manuel's -- girl compliments so she'll read the directions on birth control to me. I don't read good on X.

Hellz yeah! Meatwad sucks

I would love for Mutant League anything to come back I miss those days of EA. The Immortal, Desert Strike, Road Rash, Mutant League, General Chaos, ambulances that would run over both teams in Madden, players bleeding on the ice in NHL among so much else... good times.

Still though for basketball you can't go wrong Arch Rivals, wouldn't mind seeing a kickstarter to bring that one back.

Also I miss future sports. SpeedBall, Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball, Cyberball, Base Wars, what happened? When did the world stop wanting robots and/or ultra violence in their sports? I, for one, have never stopped wanting those things and will gladly buy a new HD Smash TV for a dollar.

Arch Rivals... yes.

JAKENOME shameless post deals:

:arrow:$9 Assassin's Creed 3 Standard (multiple copies left)

:arrow:$7.5 Assassin's Creed 3 Season Pass (multiple copies left)

:arrow:$18 Assassin's Creed 3 Deluxe (multiple copies left)

:arrow:$4 Ace of Spades Battle Builder (multiple copies left)

:arrow:$9 Ace of Spades Battle Builder 4-pack (multiple copies left)

:arrow:$5.5 Omerta City of Gangsters (multiple copies left)

:arrow:$9 Omerta City of Gangsters 2-pack (multiple copies left)

• I figured I'd post this here since I saw people grumbling about Omerta not hitting their pricepoint
  • This stupid Ace of Spades game doesnt even show what new additions have been made to the game to warrant a name change/rerelease.
  • If anyone wants to get in on AssCreed3, I suggest geting Standard Edition+Season Pass. You don't need to pay extra for the Deluxe edition just for a soundtrack.

Your inventory should be embeddable like Youtube vids. If anything, this post is heroic.

Big games that are huge in size (think like RAGE at 24GB or TSW at around 39.2 GB) or games w/ DLC that I'm missing (especially when we know there's more coming), I often won't uninstall.

But, yeah - if they're smaller, I'll back it up on my one of other external HDDs or on multiple DVD's.

Can you back that up?

Can you back that up?
You make it sound like a twerking marathon! :p

{Hums the beat to that Juvenile, Mannie Fresh & Lil Wayne song}

About those big PC games like RAGE, TSW, Max Payne 3 - if I do back-up 'em, that'd probably be on the external HDD. I really need a BR disc or 2 to back-up some of these ridiculous-sized games!

I need to look into a BR-burner drive...

Huh, it's news to me that XCOM Enemy Unknown has cards, saw it on my badge list just now.

Cool, Trine has a launcher so I'll get my drops by just running that. Was just browsing the Trine settings and anisotropic filtering only goes up to 8x, who would build their game without 16x?

You go SAM like a bitch.

Man, looks like the next next-gen consoles are going to cause MAJOR change in PC requirements...

Let more stiff PC requirements trend continue....

Call Of Duty: Ghosts - PC Version system requirements revealed:
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/call-of-duty-ghosts-system-requirements-revealed/

:rofl: that's it? I sold one of my (signed Rick Barry) balls to upgrade to a big rig that can run Watch Dogs on low... for this shit???

Someone mentioned Trine added cards today. So did Gravi, Mabinogi, and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

No, obviously not the UPlay-only version, you idiot.

Who plays games anymore? its all about dat SAM!  I made like over $50 just from sam and cardz.

Blood Dragon does in fact have cardz now!  :whee:

You make it sound like a twerking marathon! :p

{Hums the beat to that Juvenile, Mannie Fresh & Lil Wayne song}

About those big PC games like RAGE, TSW, Max Payne 3 - if I do back-up 'em, that'd probably be on the external HDD. I really need a BR disc or 2 to back-up some of these ridiculous-sized games!

I need to look into a BR-burner drive...

I anticipated you'd be confused

and then I'd say something about your mom

and then

No. I mean DAT ASS. Back it up.

5C277813-A25C-431B-8F46-DBF9813A73AE-1583-00000093CA45210E_1.0.7.mp4.jpg

Who plays games anymore? its all about dat SAM! I made like over $50 just from sam and cardz.

Blood Dragon does in fact have cardz now! :whee:
speaking of "SAM",

...I've been having a lot of fun with Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell Conviction. I've finally gotten around to playing it.

I was disappointed with Double Agent when I got through it last week, but Conviction is great.

I remember hearing a lot of hate about how the game is so different from the conventional Splinter Cell game.

It IS very different from the previous games in the franchise, but its still incredibly fun to play.

The stealth-gameplay reminds me of Batman:AA if Batman had guns. The art style reminds me of Max Payne 3.

Now if only I had someone to play the coop campaign with...

Someone mentioned Trine added cards today. So did Gravi, Mabinogi, and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

No, obviously not the UPlay-only version, you idiot.
Noooo, the one game I own through Uplay. :cry:

speaking of "SAM",

...I've been having a lot of fun with Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell Conviction. I've finally gotten around to playing it.

I was disappointed with Double Agent when I got through it last week, but Conviction is great.

I remember hearing a lot of hate about how the game is so different from the conventional Splinter Cell game.

It IS very different from the previous games in the franchise, but its still incredibly fun to play.

The stealth-gameplay reminds me of Batman:AA if Batman had guns. The art style reminds me of Max Payne 3.

I started this a couple of weeks ago. I found it really challenging to remain undetected. There were many parts where I gave up and blasted my way through, which defeats the purpose of a stealth game. Maybe I just suck. I was able to sneak effectively most of the time in other stealth games. What I really like about this game is the sense of style with flashbacks playing on walls and stuff like that. It's really cool, really cinematic.

speaking of "SAM",

I started this a couple of weeks ago. I found it really challenging to remain undetected. There were many parts where I gave up and blasted my way through, which defeats the purpose of a stealth game. Maybe I just suck. I was able to sneak effectively most of the time in other stealth games. What a really like about this game is the sense of style with flashbacks playing on walls and stuff like that. It's really cool.

I'm thinking more and more about getting a GTX 770. I saw one with 4GB on sale for $410. But I can't help feeling it's the smarter bet to wait for the 800 series. :whee: I bet either of em could run Witcher 3 on decent settings.

{runs away}
I'd wait for a sale on Nuuvem. I got all of my AC games from them and they're uPlay only. I think the complete AC3 (with all the DLCs) was around $10 last time (in a pack with all the others, but Nuuvem gives you proportional credit off when you already own games in a pack instead of giving you a gift copy which is AWESOME)

I'm thinking more and more about getting a GTX 770. I saw one with 4GB on sale for $410. But I can't help feeling it's the smarter bet to wait for the 800 series. :whee: I bet either of em could run Witcher 3 on decent settings.
Why not get the new AMD R9 280x? It's the same specs as the 7970 but retails (starting today) at $299. Or else, wait a month. It's thought by most tech sites I've read that the pricing of the new AMD cards are going to make Nvidia lower theirs, so you may be able to get it cheaper soon.

Edit: unless you have that $400 burning a hole in your pocket. Then you may as well get the 770 now. It's a really good card and I think you never go into buying components with the mentality that you will keep up with hardware updates. I mean by the time the 800 is released, the 900 series will already be talked about with its awesome features etc. So long as you're willing to stick with it for more than a year or so, it's worth it. Why not get the 770 and then upgrade when the 900 series comes out?

The scariest part of "new generation" is 50 gigs just for Call of Doody. Imagine a post-apocalyptic hellscape where roving gangs spend all week downloading a game just to finish it in three hours, plus another hour for cardz.

I'd wait for a sale on Nuuvem. I got all of my AC games from them and they're uPlay only. I think the complete AC3 (with all the DLCs) was around $10 last time (in a pack with all the others, but Nuuvem gives you proportional credit off when you already own games in a pack instead of giving you a gift copy which is AWESOME)

Why not get the new AMD R9 280x? It's the same specs as the 7970 but retails (starting today) at $299. Or else, wait a month. It's thought by most tech sites I've read that the pricing of the new AMD cards are going to make Nvidia lower theirs, so you may be able to get it cheaper soon.
I don't really know anything about AMD and it seems most people think Nvidia is better, and that they have better driver support. The lower price thing is interesting, I'll wait and see what happens.

I don't really know anything about AMD and it seems most people think Nvidia is better, and that they have better driver support. The lower price thing is interesting, I'll wait and see what happens.
the AMD 7970 is a really good card, and if R9 series is just as good, it's definitely worth it. AMD has begun having driver updates very regularly now, which was the main complaint with them. I think I've downloaded 4 driver updates in the last 4 months. Their cards also come with good free games. I run an AMD gpu and I've had no problems.

The other main issue is that SLI (Nvidia) is largely considered to be more stable than Crossfire (AMD). But it won't matter if you're not planning to run two gpus in the same system.

The other thing you may want to consider is that AMD is powering all the new consoles. So ports from those consoles may run more smoothly with an AMD gpu. That's more speculative though.

I hope I can at least run that. I'm looking forward to that majorly.

Witcher 2 was great.
I'm hoping my rig is enough to play games like that on minimum reqs. I have a nvidia gtx 660 ti, so I think I should be fine. With the way it looks like next gen games will look, I'm more than okay with playing some of the more graphically advanced games on minimum.

the AMD 7970 is a really good card, and if R9 series is just as good, it's definitely worth it. AMD has begun having driver updates very regularly now, which was the main complaint with them. I think I've downloaded 4 driver updates in the last 4 months. Their cards also come with good free games. I run an AMD gpu and I've had no problems.

The other main issue is that SLI (Nvidia) is largely considered to be more stable than Crossfire (AMD). But it won't matter if you're not planning to run two gpus in the same system.

The other thing you may want to consider is that AMD is powering all the new consoles. So ports from those consoles may run more smoothly with an AMD gpu. That's more speculative though.
I don't plan to crossfire. I've thought about the fact that AMD powers the consoles, not sure if that will have any effect but I was initially considering waiting and see how that plays out. What's kind of motivating me to upgrade right now is so I get the full Assassin's Creed 4 experience, not sure how my current card will handle the new effects. I have a 560 Ti.

Isn't AC3's DLC region locked? (At least mine appeared to be...he says embarrassingly.)

If you want Advanced PhysX, go with Nvidia. AMD has typically been better bang for the buck, but your correct in the driver support department. Though, I think that may change with the forthcoming generations. Unless things change, I plan on sticking with AMD purely for the value.

I'm more than willing to bet a 4 gig GTX 770 can run Witcher 3 on at least the recommended settings. At least, that's my initial hunch.

I don't plan to crossfire. I've thought about the fact that AMD powers the consoles, not sure if that will have any effect but I was initially considering waiting and see how that plays out. What's kind of motivating me to upgrade right now is so I get the full Assassin's Creed 4 experience, not sure how my current card will handle the new effects. I have a 560 Ti.
In that case, I'd just look into getting the 770 or the R9 280X. Hold off for a few days to see the shifts in price as the AMD cards are being released retail now, but then get either of those. I don't think there's any point in waiting for the 800 series. Like I said above, you cant expect to keep up with hardware upgrades, and you're losing time over being able to play games on the best settings (AC4, Watch Dogs, any game you plan to get between now and release of 800 series).

By the time the 800 series rolls out, people will be talking about the next gen of 900 series and the AMD next gen gpus, which will have "killer features" yaddi yadda. And this will just continue.

So if you got the money now, then get the card you want. Then just skip the next gen and get the 900 series :) Or else you may be waiting for a long time.

By the time the 800 series rolls out, people will be talking about the next gen of 900 series and the AMD next gen gpus, which will have "killer features" yaddi yadda. And this will just continue.
This, new hardware is constantly being made. Just get the best card you can justify buying right now, and use it until you're no longer satisfied. When games start coming out that you want to play but are either unplayable, or not playable at the level of standards you want to play them at, upgrade again. If you need a new card to play the games you want to play now, no sense of putting it off just because next year's cards will be better than the ones out now.

Sometimes I wonder if it's crazy to spend $430+ on a video card to make sure my PC games keep up with the graphics of the Playstation 4, so I don't have to blow $400 on that.

Sometimes I wonder if it's crazy to spend $430+ on a video card to make sure my PC games keep up with the graphics of the $400 Playstation 4, so I don't have to blow $400.
AMD may be your fix then. You can always trust AMD to undercut the prices of Nvidia. And $299 for the equivalent of the 7970 Ghz edition (R9 280X) is actually great value. There would be minimal difference practically between 770 and the R9.

Sometimes I wonder if it's crazy to spend $430+ on a video card to make sure my PC games keep up with the graphics of the $400 Playstation 4, so I don't have to blow $400.
Playstation 4 doesn't have Steam Sales, Humble Bundles, or mods though, and the 430 dollars you're spending doesn't ensure that you just keep up w/Ps4 graphics, it ensures that you will surpass them :D I get what you're saying though.

Primary has been PC for the last 2 years, will buy PS4 some time in the future for the exclusives. The reason I put PC over consoles, aside from the technical superiority, is the games are way cheaper and I don't have to pay attitional 13% sales tax. I've saved SO MUCH money since switching to PC, my chequing account balance has been significantly higher than normal ever since.

AMD may be your fix then. You can always trust AMD to undercut the prices of Nvidia. And $299 for the equivalent of the 7970 Ghz edition (R9 280X) is actually great value. There would be minimal difference practically between 770 and the R9.
I was looking at this benchmark chart and the 770 seems to kick that 7970's butt. I think there'd have to be a fairly significant difference in price for me to pick the weaker one. My current video card is still pretty capable so I want as large of an improvement as possible (within an acceptable price range) to justify upgrading.

I never understood peoples obsession with the latest and the greatest graphics. I have had 2 video cards in the builds I have kept in like the last 7 years, a Geforce 8800 which I think at the time was around $200 (which still runs all modern games I've thrown at it on low, I sold it to my friend 2 years ago and he still plays everything on it.) And now I have a GTX 570 that I paid $250 I think it was. I plan on using this thing for another 2-4 more years.

Why are you is graphics whores CAG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back