The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
and u guys with nvidia cards don't use nvidia experience? it doesn't work with too many games, but when it does i'm happy to set it and forget it. maybe i'll change the rez if it doesn't give me the one i want or lower the shadows or silly stuff i don't care about if i need a little extra juice, but it's awesome not fiddling with aa and other shit taking wild guesses on what will run good

Mehhh. South Park Stick of Truth postponed again (all the way til March?!?). I'm beginning to get a bit nervous about how that's gonna turn out. Should be interesting. 

Who wants a slice of Humble pie? Mmm... still tempting, no?

Humble_Pie.jpg

i think they are goign to lose more tip than ever wouldnt be surpise if it gets much beyond that. i didnt give them tip for ea bundle cause i dont trust them not givingg ot ea behind close doors so rather give ccharity
Are you suggesting Humble and EA claimed the entire Origin bundle went to charity, then Humble turned around and gave EA a cut anyway?

Do you think both organizations are run by fucking serpent men?

i think they are goign to lose more tip than ever wouldnt be surpise if it gets much beyond that. i didnt give them tip for ea bundle cause i dont trust them not givingg ot ea behind close doors so rather give ccharity
Ea is why this is all happening. SInce then, they've instituted the 6 dollar tier, and now this. They made a deal with the devil and are paying the price!!! AHHHHH

Who wants a slice of Humble pie? Mmm... still tempting, no?

Humble_Pie.jpg
Is that 1 dollar or BTA?

and u guys with nvidia cards don't use nvidia experience? it doesn't work with too many games, but when it does i'm happy to set it and forget it. maybe i'll change the rez if it doesn't give me the one i want or lower the shadows or silly stuff i don't care about if i need a little extra juice, but it's awesome not fiddling with aa and other shit taking wild guesses on what will run good
From what I've tried so far, it gives me settings that make the game run like shit. Even if it worked, I'd rather customize my own game cause I may give more value to one feature over another instead of what they decide is important.

I don't buy a lot of bundles, but I always give 100% to the charity.

If you had the Gamefly Client downloaded, check your emails for 25% off code for all digital downloads. I'm thinking about using it to get the new Typing of the Dead game for $7.49.

Don't forget you all signed the TOS contract to use Humble, which states they have the right to change the service at any time without warning. You signed up forever ago and told them you were OK with this.

Plus to the people who break TOS and resell/giveaway keys, at least they didn't just ban everyone with multiple orders on past bundles.

Are you suggesting Humble and EA claimed the entire Origin bundle went to charity, then Humble turned around and gave EA a cut anyway?

cmon we alal know ea they do behind utr backs just like govt did to us americans to their alllies what can not do beiing customer friendly im just saying charity prolly not likly otherwise the chairty would say something humble tip they can keeping it who knows

wel i rather have it on steam if it there if it not like ea games ds3 crysis 3 im force to add either drm free or steam two choice that what i should say i want drm free no uplay no nothing or steam causei trust valve more than ubisoft and ea ccombined they have their evils more than the goods valve does some bad but more good. it like how i stop buying from target their customer seervice is crap
Just keep in mind - Driver: SF on Steam-version will likely use some form of UPlay + Steam DRM; since Steam and/or 3rd parties often force Steamworks DRM normally on games sold through their services.

It's annoying as hell, I must say.

Ubi's UPlay-crap really should be disabled in Steam-versions of their games.

Just keep in mind - Driver: SF on Steam-version will likely use some form of UPlay + Steam DRM; since Steam and/or 3rd parties often force Steamworks DRM normally on games sold through their services.

I just noticed over the last two days that when I launch a Uplay game from Steam it starts up the Ubisoft game immediately. From what I recall, in the past Steam would launch the Uplay client and then I would have to choose again to play the game from Uplay. This change is pretty nice. Let me know if it's always been this way, I don't think it has.

You know, if Humble just allowed me to link my donation directly to the charity or dev they claim I'm supporting I wouldn't have to wonder if they were honoring the terms of the contract I agreed to. Or would that be overreaching on my behalf?

Don't forget you all signed the TOS contract to use Humble, which states they have the right to change the service at any time without warning. You signed up forever ago and told them you were OK with this.

Plus to the people who break TOS and resell/giveaway keys, at least they didn't just ban everyone with multiple orders on past bundles.
Ummm, no. They have a gift option for a reason. Yes, it gets abused but it isn't violating any terms to buy a gift bundle.

mysterd demo shouldl be disable on ur client heh heh jk and yea i know but i like to have lots of games in steeam to shoooooooooooow off how avg i am compare to some freinds i want to bem iddle

You know, if Humble just allowed me to link my donation directly to the charity or dev they claim I'm supporting I wouldn't have to wonder if they were honoring the terms of the contract I agreed to. Or would that be overreaching on my behalf?

Ummm, no. They have a gift option for a reason. Yes, it gets abused but it isn't violating any terms to buy a gift bundle.
Reselling keys from said gift bundle however is against TOS

Reselling keys from said gift bundle however is against TOS

But they have no way of knowing what anyone did with those keys, until now. Point is saying something like "at least they didn't" is implying that is something they could do. No, they would be violating their own agreement they made when they sold you those gift bundles.

I'm probably done with Humble Bundle if thats their new policy going forward. It's easier since all their bundles lately have been lackluster or filled with lots of repeats.

Free Steam keys for The Blackwell Deception as well as a DRM-free download for MysterD. This is the fourth in the series. The first three have definitely been bundled and a new one is coming out soon.

link

10 Billion posts since I read everything yesterday... yet I still get to break news.

No More Room In Hell Free on Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224260

Favorite Horror firm... I don't really do much with the genre so likely Alien.
Hmmm. Query: For Add-On Mods that are effectively full games themselves, do you let it sit in your Steam library as it's own stand alone title, or do you categorize it so that you know uninstalling the base game also removes your ability to play said game/mod?? Thoughts?

Free Steam keys for The Blackwell Deception as well as a DRM-free download for MysterD. This is the fourth in the series. The first three have definitely been bundled and a new one is coming out soon.

link
TY

Also: Anyone with tips on how to defeat the GateKeeper in The Secret World so I can finally access Nightmares, please feel free to PM me. I have several purples, a fantastic set of fully speced gear for tank/dps/healer loadouts fully glyphed and signet'd, however I have spent AP in apparently the only catagories that don't have the proper impair or cleanse abilities necessary for taking him down.....and it's really pissing me off. for a game that bannered the "build any spec character you want" thing, needing a few key abilities for this is a dick move. I really would like to do this before the Halloween thing is over so I can nightmare the Cat God. I even soloed Polaris Elite myself and I can't take this guy down!?!

Hmmm. Query: For Add-On Mods that are effectively full games themselves, do you let it sit in your Steam library as it's own stand alone title, or do you categorize it so that you know uninstalling the base game also removes your ability to play said game/mod?? Thoughts?
It's stand-alone. You don't need HL2 installed.

link
Sweeet...already had bought the bundle when it was on sale at GOG, but it's nice to have a steam key, as well.

link
Dammit, did I miss this again? Tried this morning and no keys, now the site won't even load. I regretted skipping the Wadjet Eye Groupees earlier this year.

Dammit, did I miss this again? Tried this morning and no keys, now the site won't even load. I regretted skipping the Wadjet Eye Groupees earlier this year.
No, you just have to go to the game's site first.

http://www.rosablackwell.com/

Click on "Buy game" and you can download it or get a Steam key. The game received a slight makeover in the art department. The original release used a different art style that was a bit cartoonish, and they went back to more normal-looking art for this one.

I really suggest that you play the earlier games first, the story's pretty awesome and it'll make this game make more sense.

RE: No Room in Hell + Cards

There isn't any way to purchase anything in-game, so this obviously doesn't fall under the normal F2P rules.  NRiH cards are up on the market, but they don't seem to be dropping for many people.  As for the game itself, it feels like Killing Floor with the lights turned off.

link
Thank You!

Try using IE. Worked using the link from the post.

All this bickering...yep feels like the holidays.

Bah-humbug mode, engaged. :oldman:
Just wait til Christmas music starts playing all over the place ;)

I just got my key like five minutes ago. All I did was click on the link that was in louiedog's post. It didn't load for me a few times, but it worked. Keep trying, not sure why it wouldn't work for you.

Edit: Post above suggests IE. I guess try that? I used google chrome and it worked fine, though.

mysterd demo shouldl be disable on ur client heh heh jk and yea i know but i like to have lots of games in steeam to shoooooooooooow off how avg i am compare to some freinds i want to bem iddle
MysterD Demo is great - and it always installs w/ the MysterD Client, love it or hate; especially since it is part of the client. :p

Also, about our Client - if 3rd party services are actually used by dev's/pub's (UPlay, Steam, etc), our client will NOT be forced to run in the background. We at MysterD Corp care about making money & distributing games more so than anything, so we will make 3rd party groups happy. ;)

Also, we at MysterD Corp have the right (According to contracts and 3rd parties sign with us) to pull any DRM out - once the game's old, cheap, no more official patches, no more official DLC, or anything of that sort happens or possibly can happen; or if there are actual problems w/ game activation and things of that sort.

MysterD Demo is great - and it always installs w/ the MysterD Client, love it or hate; especially since it is part of the client. :p

Also, about our Client - if 3rd party services are actually used by dev's/pub's (UPlay, Steam, etc), our client will NOT be forced to run in the background. We at MysterD Corp care about making money & distributing games more so than anything, so we will make 3rd party groups happy. ;)

Also, we at MysterD Corp have the right to pull any DRM out: once the game's old, cheap, no more official patches, no more official DLC, or anything of that sort happens or possibly can happen.
Weird, I played the MysterD demo and it was just a guy sobbing, sitting in computer chair, in a poorly lit basement, surrounded by statues of video game figures and retail boxes of PC games....and all you could do was mutter the same things over and over again.

Your version sounds a lot more.....fun.

It really is disgusting providing 6 full games for $1.00 and then having the audacity not to provide all of the additional, optional content along with it at no extra charge.

Humble might as well drop their pants and shit in my mouth right now. Just get it over with.
As soon as I put on my humble bundle costume, I'll be over. ;)

Boo. Down with oppressive DRM management.

Hmmm, good to know, might be in for $1.

But they'd been moving away from one key and to separate keys anyway.

I don't understand how you don't see what's so baaaaaaaad about this. No wait I do.

I don't really care about the value, HiB is a steal and underpriced at the BTAs no matter how you look at it. I just hate restrictions on things. End result for me is the same, I tend to try to activate keys asap so not to forget about them, I just don't like the forced account linking, possibly of tracking, culling data for marketing purposes, etc. You're already just selling me a "subscription" to a game on Steam, but you have to follow me through the entire process?

Your welcome.

You just haven't been eating candy often enough. Your body gets used to it. Anything leafy and green makes me vomit violently.

Edit:
Also, everyone is missing the biggest news. Magicka on sale. That's the equivalent of Steam giving us floss and toothbrushes for Halloween. I have a bag of used TP and I'm heading to Valve HQ as I type.
But it has a free weekend!!!!!!!!

he may be right, found this picture from a recent meeting of Humble Bundle and EA executives.

landofthelost4.jpg

Weird, I played the MysterD demo and it was just a guy sobbing, sitting in computer chair, in a poorly lit basement, surrounded by statues of video game figures and retail boxes of PC games....and all you could do was mutter the same things over and over again.

Your version sounds a lot more.....fun.
I was gonna call it Lost Planet 4, but Capcom probably wouldn't have liked it.

Could've been lawsuits; cease and desist letters; copyright claims; and any of that nonsense.

So, MysterD Demo it was.

{shrug}

No, you just have to go to the game's site first.

http://www.rosablackwell.com/

Click on "Buy game" and you can download it or get a Steam key. The game received a slight makeover in the art department. The original release used a different art style that was a bit cartoonish, and they went back to more normal-looking art for this one.

I really suggest that you play the earlier games first, the story's pretty awesome and it'll make this game make more sense.
Thanks for this - I didn't realize it wasn't the first game in the series. Guess I'll wait for the next bundle deal. I did eventually get my key for this one, just kept refreshing and it eventually worked. Downloading now.

You guys are swagless. Humble isn't comfortable with buyers getting a cut of its charity bundle - that seems reasonable to me.

The trade thread should be more palatable now. Thank sweet fuck for that.

You guys are swagless. Humble isn't comfortable with buyers getting a cut of its charity bundle - that seems reasonable to me.

Hey, hey!

Like Jay-Z, Yeezy, Weezy, TI, and MIA....

Nobody on the CAG corner got swagger like us, swagger like us, swagger like us. ;)

I never resold any keys from HIB but I did give duplicates to friends of mine that didn't have the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back