The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I thought BF:BC2 was awesome, actually - SP and MP.

BF3's SP was good, but nothing great.

I can't wait for FO4 - I'm ready for it!

EDIT:

I'd still love a real Vampire: Bloodlines 2, if put into the right hands. Namely, I'm thinking Obsidian here.

While I'm not normally much into MMO's and all, I'm still curious what the hell CCP is doing w/ World of Darkness MMO.
i was talking bout how fo4 is goign to make wishlist for it oh why steam why u have gltich sale and bfbc2 i got bbored after playign

I just don't get it. Pirates are sweeeeeeet...I just don't get why so many games dwell on such repetitive themes (zombies, space, traditional fantasy, military shooters), when there are other settings and genres being poorly represented. Pirates being one of them. Considering how popular vampires are in television, I'm surprised there aren't more games about them.
Monkey Island 1, 2, 3, 4 and Tales from Monkey Island.

Also, Jolly Rover.

Monkey Island 1, 2, 3, 4 and Tales from Monkey Island.

Also, Jolly Rover.
Forgot about Monkey Island. Some of the best adventure games of all time, I hear (I still haven't played them...shame on me. Finally bought them a few months ago on Steam, they're on my "okay I need to play this lyk fo realz" list, along with around 50 other games).

But they'd been moving away from one key and to separate keys anyway.
Not for the recent run of weeklies starting around the time they went with the fixed-price high tier.

Don't forget you all signed the TOS contract to use Humble, which states they have the right to change the service at any time without warning. You signed up forever ago and told them you were OK with this.
That doesn't even really apply here. All prior bundles still have keys available. (And I checked on that right away when I heard about the change. I wouldn't have been happy about losing a number of older keys.)

Trudat. Now you won't have to sort through 8 million people trying to pawn off the same effing 10 keys for fifty cents to a dollar.
I represent this remark. Do you really want to see Sunasun DVG Steam Key Sales go out of business. What about sunasun, jr?

Most of whom aren't CAG regulars.
but to be fair, cag regulars already have all these. ;)

Fallout 4 is rumored to be in boston
Sweet, can't wait to raid MysterD's house.

Like 90% are probably non-regulars...hell, probably users who have 1-5 posts...but oh well, these are fodder mostly and it gives some kind of bar from the majority of steamgifts...anything non-fodder I'll probably keep BGCQ...
I gave up on steamgifts, it's so much easier buying stuff myself.

Sameeeee. Hard to believe new vegas released over three years ago now.

Wondering everybody's opinion here: Which of Bethesda's flagship franchises do you prefer: Fallout or Elder Scrolls?
Based on what I've actually played through, I'd say Fallout franchise. I guess I like seeing familiar places nuked to hell. (I'm a sick puppy apparently). I haven't been able to get into the Elder Scrolls series unfortunately even though they're beautiful locations (maybe i'm not into fantasy outside of the bedroom)

Sweet, can't wait to raid MysterD's house.
I can't wait to steal all his stuff, then he catches me and chases after me with a bat because "Hey, that was my retail copy! I kept that from 1997!" Then when he catches me, instead of hitting me with the bat, he just taunts me, saying "this ain't gonna be DRM free." I'm terrified, because I have no idea what that means in this context. I use my speech ability (thank god I'd been putting skill points into it, because that was a prettty high check) and blurt out "GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE!" MysterD screeches, and dissipates into a cloud of smoke. My character awakens. Turning off the Tv, I think about how Fallout 4 has a pretty nifty sleep feature where you can play out your character's dreams.

I can't wait to steal all his stuff, then he catches me and chases after me with a bat because "Hey, that was my retail copy! I kept that from 1997!" Then when he catches me, instead of hitting me with the bat, he just taunts me, saying "this ain't gonna be DRM free." I'm terrified, because I have no idea what that means in this context. I use my speech ability (thank god I'd been putting skill points into it, because that was a prettty high check) and blurt out "GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE!" MysterD screeches, and dissipates into a cloud of smoke. My character awakens. Turning off the Tv, I think about how Fallout 4 has a pretty nifty sleep feature where you can play out your character's dreams.
Unfotunately, this will probably be DLC.

Now poor Sunasun Jr.'s college fund balance will never rise about $2.35.

Tragic.
lmao ;) scholarship it is then.

lol hmm mysted would say no dlc is fre for hto girlls heh

and lol yup poor jr i save him i give him the sun he wil be lord hhe im lost what did i just say not jk lol i blame mns
Sunasun, you should probably write this down.

I think tebow might have just prophesied something concerning your child.

Batman Arkham Asylum installs AMD Dual Core Optimizer into startup... I have an Intel CPU! I remember some game installing this in the past, I just noticed it in start up now. Pretty stupid.

I just don't get it. Pirates are sweeeeeeet...I just don't get why so many games dwell on such repetitive themes (zombies, space, traditional fantasy, military shooters), when there are other settings and genres being poorly represented. Pirates being one of them. Considering how popular vampires are in television, I'm surprised there aren't more games about them.
I think a large part of it is that it's simply easier to continue to iterate on what has already been done than trying something largely unproven. I'd love more pirate games, but it probably seems like a big risk to publishers when the top selling games are almost always along the lines of Modern War Game: We Ran Out of Subtitles Edition. Hopefully AC4 is commercially successful enough that publishers and devs start tapping into the pirate theme more.

Sameeeee. Hard to believe new vegas released over three years ago now.

Wondering everybody's opinion here: Which of Bethesda's flagship franchises do you prefer: Fallout or Elder Scrolls?
I actually started Fallout 3 this morning oddly enough, and having only just left the vault I couldn't say much as to which I prefer. I did/do love Skyrim a ton, but I've gotten so frustrated at how long it takes to get anywhere that I haven't finished as many of the quest lines as I want to. I will surely get back to it sometime, but for now I'm going to give Fallout a chance and see how I take to it ^_^

nope mrninjasquirrel fault
Whatever I did it must have been pretty significant to warrant a full name type-out :whee:

Batman Arkham Asylum installs AMD Dual Core Optimizer into startup... I have an Intel CPU! I remember some game installing this in the past, I just noticed it in start up now. Pretty stupid.
I downloaded the Arkham City demo to see how significant the graphics differences were between PC/Console (you can likely guess the result), and it installed this as well. I have a quad-core AMD CPU so I'm not sure if it's hurting my performance or not, but it shows up in my task manager every now and then so it seems to be used by more games than AC.

lol hmm mysted would say no dlc is fre for hto girlls heh

and lol yup poor jr i save him i give him the sun he wil be lord hhe im lost what did i just say not jk lol i blame mns
Count Burgula endorses and approves this message.

Sunasun, you should probably write this down.

I think tebow might have just prophesied something concerning your child.
If I read it right, my child will be the next ruler of Earth; sounds good to me, maybe I can talk him into getting a good price on a Kingdoms of Amalur Steam key. ;)

I'm pretty sure he blamed it on menopause so you shouldn't be so hard on him
lol

The above post is in no way endorsed by Count Burgula, Sunasun DVG Steam Key Sales, or its subsidiaries.

I think a large part of it is that it's simply easier to continue to iterate on what has already been done than trying something largely unproven. I'd love more pirate games, but it probably seems like a big risk to publishers when the top selling games are almost always along the lines of Modern War Game: We Ran Out of Subtitles Edition. Hopefully AC4 is commercially successful enough that publishers and devs start tapping into the pirate theme more.

I actually started Fallout 3 this morning oddly enough, and having only just left the vault I couldn't say much as to which I prefer. I did/do love Skyrim a ton, but I've gotten so frustrated at how long it takes to get anywhere that I haven't finished as many of the quest lines as I want to. I will surely get back to it sometime, but for now I'm going to give Fallout a chance and see how I take to it ^_^

Whatever I did it must have been pretty significant to warrant a full name type-out :whee:

I downloaded the Arkham City demo to see how significant the graphics differences were between PC/Console (you can likely guess the result), and it installed this as well. I have a quad-core AMD CPU so I'm not sure if it's hurting my performance or not, but it shows up in my task manager every now and then so it seems to be used by more games than AC.
The AMD Dual Core Optimizer was needed for Windows Vista, because of a timing issue problem in the OS that couldn't handle the new architecture of the AMD chips, but with Windows 7 and Windows 8, it's no longer needed.

I wondered how that got back on my system, I removed it when I upgraded from Vista to Windows 8. Thanks!!!

Steam Deal alert, please disregard

I bought Giana Sisters: Twisted Bundle, so it should be showing up in an indie bundle sometime soon.

I also bought Condemned: Criminal Origins (lost my cd for this :(), Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, and Joe Danger + Joe Danger 2: The Movie from Jake Nome DVG Steam Gifts, Inc. For me, this was a great Halloween sale, picked up some games I've had my eye on.

Count Burgula endorses and approves this message.
I bought Giana Sisters: Twisted Bundle, so it should be showing up in an indie bundle sometime soon.
I also bought Condemned: Criminal Origins (lost my cd for this :(), Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, and Joe Danger + Joe Danger 2: The Movie from Jake Nome DVG Steam Gifts, Inc. For me, this was a great Halloween sale, picked up some games I've had my eye on.
Joe Danger 2 is great fun, I 100% all the main levels on PS3 and would definitely pick up the first on Steam, provided there wasn't other stuff I wanted to spend the money on instead. Good picks ^_^

Got Giana Sisters bundle and Vampire, as well. I've heard a lot of good things about Vampire, really looking forward to giving it a shot. So glad to have a guy like Jake Nome around, paying five bucks for such an old game wasn't something I wanted to do.

After extensive research (visited the No More Room In Hell Steam forum) it turns out that for the moment only those people who activated a key for the game from the dev have been able to get cards.  The devs are working with Steam to make sure everyone is eligible for cards.

Also, Dementium II HD is up for pre-order:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/217100/

I have it for Nintendo DS, but the graphics are obviously a little better in this version.  

After extensive research (visited the No More Room In Hell Steam forum) it turns out that for the moment only those people who activated a key for the game from the dev have been able to get cards. The devs are working with Steam to make sure everyone is eligible for cards.

Also, Dementium II HD is up for pre-order:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/217100/

I have it for Nintendo DS, but the graphics are obviously a little better in this version.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to Dementium II. Good thing it's published by Digital Tribe, it'll probably get indie bundled at some point.

Here's some more steam gifts!

BGCQ Only

Also, because I don't like wasting these on trash bot...PM if anyone wants any of these coupons...
Shadow Warrior -25% (Nov 4)
Space Engineers -25% (Nov 6)
Space Engineers -25% (Nov 6)
Foul Play -33% (Nov 16, but fyi...its 50% off for another 10 hours, so double down!)
Volgarr the Viking -25% (Nov 16)

I'm going to keep the steam deals from other retailers section up-to-date in the OP.  Did the Wiki fail again?

Also, time for a fresh topic?

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but regarding whether you can get in trouble with Steam for buying/trading games outside of your region: Assassin's Creed 4 Russian version got region locked after being on sale for a while, and Steam has been helping people who got screwed by removing the game from their library and putting it in their inventory. So not only did they not get in trouble in this case, they were assisted to some degree. That's more than I would have expected. The email responses from Steam were very polite as well.

If I read it right, my child will be the next ruler of Earth; sounds good to me, maybe I can talk him into getting a good price on a Kingdoms of Amalur Steam key. ;)

Or the secret world at $5

You bought orion dino Horde too! Can you tell us how's the game after all the patches... and how's the player base, after trying it?

So now that I've procrastinated enough that there are only a few hours left in the Halloween sale, what are the can't miss games at prices that aren't likely to go lower or rarely hit their current price point?  I'd also ask about what is likely to be bundled, but with some of the games that have been bundled lately, I'm not sure there's all that much that definitely wouldn't be bundled.

I'll probably pick up Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, since everyone seems to like it.  I'm just not sure if I'm missing anything else in the 75% or 80% off categories, though I figure since it's going in the backlog, most everything will probably hit these price points again or be cheaper.

I saw this asked earlier in the thread: The Gamefly version of Vampires the Masquerade does NOT include a steam key. Gamefly download client was used, and it activated my copy. After that, I never had to have any other client running to play it.

I wanted a good MP game. Ended buying Natural Selection 2. I know about the learning curve, but now it seems to have better tutorials.

I also got a couple Plants vs Zombies for both my kids. They used to play it on my account but they wanted a copy for theirs, each.

You bought orion dino Horde too! Can you tell us how's the game after all the patches... and how's the player base, after trying it?
I have it and may touch it again tonight or tomorrow. I need to get rid of the two copies sitting in my inventory at some point too as I'm undecided what to do with them.

I have it and may touch it again tonight or tomorrow. I need to get rid of the two copies sitting in my inventory at some point too as I'm undecided what to do with them.

I was about to buy it, but didn't want to end with a game with too few players online. I had that problem with war of the roses, and I love that game.

Probably because the publishers won't let them. Anyway, the vast majority of Steam users don't know about trading, or simply can't be bothered with it.
I don't think most users even think twice about it. Before I started using CAG, I never even thought about Steam in other regions, and it never crossed my mind that a title might be cheaper somewhere else. Most users probably have the mentality that 1 dollar here = 1 dollar there.

Or the secret world at $5

here it was fun awesome game i love it during free weeekend and i dont have 10,000 games to play with i wouldl have more time to play my bad it fun i just keep forggeting that i install on 29th and havent play it since my bbad is yup it fun but i willl never host cause 180 200+ ping heheh

I have had Woody Two-Legs: Attack of the Zombie Pirates on my wishlist for quite a while. Age of Booty would be there too if it didn't have SecuROM. Was Pirates of Black Cove mentioned? Guild II Pirates of the European Seas? Port Royale 3 has Dawn of Pirates DLC but the game isn't that great.

Speaking of Sid Meier's Pirates, I waited for that game to go on sale (75%off) for YEARS and now it has been $2.49 twice in the last month and a half. Sid must be getting soft in his old age.

Regarding the Assassin's Creed Series, I found AC 3 to be the dullest even though it's actually trying to be different. The game takes a long time to get going so that we can be more invested in the main character and his history (and that of his parents). It's actually quite a bold storytelling decision that Ubisoft made: the way they build the story and the way the character is rarely the catalyst for change, but seems to be stuck in the middle of the American Revolution. It's all deliberate and could have made quite an impact if Connor was more charismatic and if the story were better.

If I were to play AC 1 today I'd probably be very bored, but even though it was indeed repetitive then, the great feeling of running across rooftops and climbing incredibly tall buildings for the first time was quite strong and kept me going through the entire narrative.

I'd probably rank them, considering enjoyment upon release, as AC:B > AC 2 > AC > AC:R > AC 3.

Just noticed Legacy of Kain Blood Omen 2 is now on steam. Not sure how I missed it getting added on. But I grabbed it for the sale price as I can't resist games from that series. Now whoever owns blood omen 1 needs to add that to steam too and all will be well.

As for Arkham Origins, I'm about seven hours in and I'd say that it shares a lot of similarites with Arkham City, and those that enjoyed that game will enjoy this one. probably less so, but they'll still have a good time. I can understand, though not necessarily agree, with the lesser grades the game has been receiving. The city is indeed bigger but there's not much going on that is different than AC. You'll find it littered with Riddler challenges that are quite familar (those effing pressure pads on buidling walls!), sidequests and crimes in progress (which are only groups of thugs you have to beat up). There are Comm towers that need to be disabled to unlock fast travel, but it's basically a fighting challenge and a how-do-I-get-into-this-building puzzle. No sign yet of anything resembling those Saw-like Riddler save-the-hostage challenges in City that were so interesting, or the Scarecrow/Mad Hatter/Ra's Al Ghul hallucionation or other-wordly scenarios. Also, there's much more combat (great as usual) than stealth. As for story, it's not as much of a mess as AC, but I'm still early on.

TL DR, there's a lot of content here and it's enjoyable, but it's nothing new. I can understand someone giving it a lesser grade than AA or AC, but I don't see anyone that liked those games, especially City, thinking Origins is a bad game.

The other night idled 4 games and got 2 foils.  Crazy!  I sold one for $1.45, but the other is the only one of its kind currently so I am trying to sell it for $10.

This thread has been sorely lacking in card talk lately.  That is all. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back