The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought so to, but when I went to sell my cards, the sell button is greyed out. A message comes up saying I had logged into a new device and can't use the market for 15 days. Very odd as I didn't use any new devices. I'll have to see if it is affecting just my laptop or my desktop as well.
It's a new security measure, but its implementation seems to be affecting many people that shouldn't have had to have their Steamguard reset.

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/864977563920604588/

Basically any new device that gets activated with Steamguard will individually require 15 days before you can trade on that device. That basically means if your account info gets phished, it still takes 15 days before they can trade away stuff from your account.

My extremely large Desura collection would disagree with you.
True enough.

We can pretty much guarantee that we won't be getting Paranautical Activity keys from BM8, since the devs were bitching about not being paid by Groupees.

Or The Cat Lady keys from BMA (iirc the dev said the publisher put the game in the bundle without their permission.) Edit: I was thinking of JULIA from the Groupees KISS bundle.
From what I remember of both of those situations, neither reflected all that well on the developers.

I think you're probably right and they haven't done any work on the PC port - not sure about the "abandoned the idea" part though. If they do decide to do it at all, it'll probably be a while since I can think of several projects Wayforward is already known to be working on, plus the fact that with Ducktales (for whatever reason) the company's profile seems to have gone up a bit, to the point that they might not want to waste time porting an old-ass DSi game to PC.
I think that's part of the problem with Greenlight, some of these projects were probably waiting for the go ahead from Valve to really move forward and if they sit on it for a year before deciding to finally Greenlight a game well yeah those developers may have had to move on.

New Indie Royale bundle is up chaps, Debut 4 (I think).

More greenlight titles. Features lots of filler and BOLLYWOOD WANNABE.

:whee:
Bollywood wannabe is a fun quirky little game though though it has a couple of points where I think it really could be improved. For one it really (imo) needs controller support. It feels odd playing a rhythm game on a keyboard but that may just be me.

For another thing where they place the movements you are supposed to do as down at the very bottom of the screen in a black bar so most of the time I wasn't actually getting to see what was going on, which is the best part of the game watching all the cute funny quirky cartoon Bollywood action going on on screen. They do have an instant replay of a level though once you complete it.

Also I haven't played in quite some time so possibly they've addressed those issues. I did give that feedback on Desura when it was release.

Games on Greenlight should be at a stage where they can be released within a couple months of being greenlit. Finish your game and then get on Steam instead of using Steam as an advertising platform for a game that may never be finished.

Games on Greenlight should be at a stage where they can be released within a couple months of being greenlit. Finish your game and then get on Steam instead of using Steam as an advertising platform for a game that may never be finished.
I think it's reasonable for a developer to want to know if they'll be able to get their project on the single largest by far digital game store in the world before they invest in it.

Wayforward isn't some indie guy working out of his apartment living on ramen for years. They have other projects they can be working on rather than spending resources on something that hardly anyone will ever buy because it's not up somewhere that gets the bulk of the digital game buying traffic.

Edit: That being said, Valve did change their requirements to make everyone have to list an estimated release date but Shantae was listed a long time ago before they added that in.

Valve could have checked in with all the 100 devs to see what their current status and interest was for all the 100 games they just Greenlit but it looks like they didn't have the time or inclination to do that and they just picked a large number of them probably knowing some wouldn't release for a long time or at all in order to stress test their software.

From the Paradox Forum August Newsletter:

The Humble Paradox Bundle Has Begun!

You’ve been demanding it for months, but we were too modest to make it happen… until now! The Humble Paradox Bundle will go live today, 8 p.m. CEST (11 a.m. PDT), and you can make a donation to your choice of worthy charities while picking up a bundle of Paradox favorites!

Of course, some of our fans aren’t very humble at all, and they’ll want to make a bigger donation. Which is why, if you donate more than $125, you get The Big Kahuna package… a copy of EVERY SINGLE PARADOX GAME on Steam (not including Europa Universalis IV or DLC packages)!

Let the humility commence! Find out all the details and pick up your bundle at https://www.humblebundle.com

Of course, some of our fans aren’t very humble at all, and they’ll want to make a bigger donation. Which is why, if you donate more than $125, you get The Big Kahuna package… a copy of EVERY SINGLE PARADOX GAME on Steam (not including Europa Universalis IV or DLC packages)!

Let the humility commence! Find out all the details and pick up your bundle at https://www.humblebundle.com
Humility is right. I can pay $125 to feel humiliated by a hundred Paradox strategy games I need a masters degree to understand and play :D

This is more a statement of my own brainpower than a criticism against Paradox.

Humility is right. I can pay $125 to feel humiliated by a hundred Paradox strategy games I need a masters degree to understand and play :D

Oh, please, Paradox games aren't that hard. I just had to watch 20 hours of youtube tutorials and playthroughs, but I totally know what's going on in CKII now. I just married off my wenchmaid to my chancellor to guarantee peace on the milkfarm for the next two score. Your move good man.

Mooby's a strong proponent of the barter system and pays for games primarily in bales of hay and bushels of soybeans.
lol

It got locked out due to inactivity. Apparently he hasn't liked a game enough to log into Paypal and buy it since 2006.
lol

Mooby's password isn't working for you, either?
lol mindlink u mean mysterd and idiot password. try them it might work better

lol fuck europa unversalis gold it hard and evil it mysterd fault

I love the part where you pay $125 for dry and overly complicated Paradox games (and Magicka let's not forget Magicka) that are on sale dirt cheap every 5 minutes anyway but you still don't get the DLC (for the most part). But hey, you get Paradox forum registration keys.

PS- I wonder if Tebowdragon will lolreply to this post.

Today's deal is Cities in Motion 2 at 75% off ($4.99). No DLC on sale. It's Paradox, so wait at least an hour to buy if you're interested.

Also, Greenlight sale. Prices aren't great, but many games are pretty new.
Headline: 50+ Greenlight games up to 75% off

Reality: Games 75% off are McPixel and DLC Quest.

*Edit: More prices are stating to populate. There's a couple more 75%ers. Giana and Postal 2. Still way more 66% than I would care for.

I hate that 66% has become a thing now. Like a last ditch let's try to shake a few more pennies before we just give up and go to 75% attempt. And some games are even stubbornly refusing to go below 66%. :bomb:

And a bunch of the 66%ers have been in bundles before even.

On a totally unrelated note, I think 'murrica's Army needs cardz and emoticonz.

Today's deal is Cities in Motion 2 at 75% off ($4.99). No DLC on sale. It's Paradox, so wait at least an hour to buy if you're interested.

Also, Greenlight sale. Prices aren't great, but many games are pretty new.
Ooh, 25% off Rogue Legacy. I might just go for that one. I've been kicking myself for not picking it up sooner...was even debating paying full price at one point. This isn't going to be part of the Amazon sale, right?

Didn't see any great deals in that Greenlight sale either. Bah.

Well, I'm guessing the $2.49 or so I spent on the Full Package from Amazon at the end of last year was worth it just for me to get ALL of the missing DLC (which was almost ALL of it). ;)

How long is all of the main content DLC's - Gangstas in Space, GenkiBowl, and Trouble with Clones?
It's been too long since I've played them to give a definitive answer, but I recall my reaction after playing them being... that's it?

It's a new security measure, but its implementation seems to be affecting many people that shouldn't have had to have their Steamguard reset.

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/864977563920604588/

Basically any new device that gets activated with Steamguard will individually require 15 days before you can trade on that device. That basically means if your account info gets phished, it still takes 15 days before they can trade away stuff from your account.
I've suddenly been unable to sell anything while I'm simultaneously logged in via Enhanced Steam. I've had to close that window and restart Steam and then everything works as expected.

That really sucks as ES puts the Steam client to shame when dealing with the clunky Marketplace.

Well, I'm guessing the $2.49 or so I spent on the Full Package from Amazon at the end of last year was worth it just for me to get ALL of the missing DLC (which was almost ALL of it). ;)

How long is all of the main content DLC's - Gangstas in Space, GenkiBowl, and Trouble with Clones?
Maybe an hour for each, at most.. IMO Gangstas in Space is the best one, it feels like a proper DLC, a cohesive set of missions with a story and different environments. GenkiBowl is a new set of side missions, can't remember much of Clones.. I'd say Gangstas at least is definitely worth a play, if you're only going to do one. If you do all 3, keep Gangstas for last, it will feel like a good wrap-up for your entire SR3 playthrough.

I've suddenly been unable to sell anything while I'm simultaneously logged in via Enhanced Steam. I've had to close that window and restart Steam and then everything works as expected.

That really sucks as ES puts the Steam client to shame when dealing with the clunky Marketplace.
A lot of users are reporting that they're not able to sell using a browser at all, regardless of Enhanced Steam. Enhanced Steam doesn't affect Steamguard status at all - as browser extensions don't even have access to edit site-specific cookies.

Ummm, where's your response?

Your post replying to my quote = blank!

A lot of users are reporting that they're not able to sell using a browser at all, regardless of Enhanced Steam. Enhanced Steam doesn't affect Steamguard status at all - as browser extensions don't even have access to edit site-specific cookies.
Perhaps it's to block some of the tools people have created for automated buying/selling?

Maybe an hour for each, at most.. IMO Gangstas in Space is the best one, it feels like a proper DLC, a cohesive set of missions with a story and different environments. GenkiBowl is a new set of side missions, can't remember much of Clones.. I'd say Gangstas at least is definitely worth a play, if you're only going to do one. If you do all 3, keep Gangstas for last, it will feel like a good wrap-up for your entire SR3 playthrough.
Thanks for the info! Appreciate it. :D

so, anyone wanna buy some steam cards 2 for 30? i'll give you guys 1st crack before i go to CL or ebay. i have a bunch 

t2x68rv.jpg

i guess you'll have to take my word there's nothing fishy about it. i've been posting on this site for years and never ripped anyone off. i would probably question it myself if i were you.

but they are in fact legitimate and work fine, i just tested one out myself. 

Yeah, I sometimes wonder if anyone there at Valve knows what they're doing. I wasn't blaming ES in any way, in fact I wish you'd get that job and straighten them out a bit. :)

if you are actually interested in buying some shoot me a PM and i'll explain
The real question will be whether having more Steam wallet money will make me buy worse deals just because it is there. I need to go test some self-control. Maybe buy a cake and see how long it take me to cave on eating it.

i guess you'll have to take my word there's nothing fishy about it. i've been posting on this site for years and never ripped anyone off. i would probably question it myself if i were you.

but they are in fact legitimate and work fine, i just tested one out myself.
if you are actually interested in buying some shoot me a PM and i'll explain
The young kids won't get this reference but

hqdefault.jpg

so, anyone wanna buy some steam cards 2 for 30? i'll give you guys 1st crack before i go to CL or ebay. i have a bunch

Considering the season you just put in with the Mavs, I decided to give you the benefit of the doubt.

I can confirm that the codes work fine and give you $20 bucks to your steam wallet.

These cards are sort of difficult to "steal" since they have to be activated at the register individually and the transaction is then approved through Steam or whatever. I guess Vince_Carter could have all of sudden gotten into the gift card thieving business, but he's been here long enough that I trust he just got a super deal and is passing it along to us at a slight fee.

Yeah, I sometimes wonder if anyone there at Valve knows what they're doing. I wasn't blaming ES in any way, in fact I wish you'd get that job and straighten them out a bit. :)
No worries. I'm kind of torn on this particular issue though. In one way, it's good that they tradeban users that haven't had their Steamguard activated for 15 days, as it should cut down significantly on the number of support tickets that they get regularly. On the other hand, the change itself has probably generated WAY more tickets (at least in the short-term) and frustrates a lot of users.

In my dealings with Valve employees I seem to run across a central theme: everyone there uses Steam (the client, and the web store) in exactly the same way. This obviously becomes problematic when implementing something like this. In this case, it's obvious that nobody at Valve clears their cookies or has ever had to re-install a browser (or their operating system).

Wish I worked there so I could try and spare you guys from at least a few of these kinds of decisions. Or, at the very least, be able to explain the decisions to users in somewhat more human terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back