The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
You seem like a good person to ask Motoki. I like the feel of Sunset Valley alot. When I install Late Night and the newly purchased Ambitions does it add the buildings like the bars and things to Sunset Valley or do I have to do it myself?
Indef replied:

The new venues will be added to create-a-world and you'll have to drop them in yourself. Takes a minute or two. It only gets complicated when you're trying to shoehorn half a dozen different types of clubs, a horse ranch, a couple gigantic seasons/showtime parks, and the 42 custom made lots you downloaded of the internet.

What Indef said. You have to add them but they give you pre-made buildings in your lot bin that you can just drop in so it's easy.

Also, Bridge Constructor is in the current Groupees Build a Meridian4 Megabundle. Steam key status is unconfirmed.
Crap, now I'm going to have to buy that too. Damn you Meridian4, I thought I was done with you!

Hmm, The Greenlight page just mentions Headup Games, nothing about Meridian 4. Someone just asked though. Hope they respond sooon. :p

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=100398757

holy crap, ive been in on 13 of those greenlit games! yay free games! hopefully...

the only ones id probably play though are Paranautical Activity and definitely Signal Ops. maybe Underrail too, but that looks like itll be a long game.

Call of Cthulhu (Ingie Gala Mobile 2, Indie Gala 9)

Constant C (Groupees Be Mine 8)

Dino Run SE (Indie Royale Summer bundle)

Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos (Groupees Build a Doujin Bundle)

Eleusis (Groupees Be Mine 8)

Exoplanet First Contact (Groupees Adventure Role Playing)

Omegalodon (Indie Gala 10)

Oniken (Indiegala Summertide)

Paranautical Activity (Groupees Be Mine 8)

Reprisal (Indie Royale Fall Bundle)

The Cat Lady (Groupees Be Mine Aniversary)

Underrail (Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle)

Signal Ops (latest royale)
I don't think people will get Steam keys for Call of Cthulhu from Gala. Besides that fact that Gala isn't always so great about getting Steam keys after the fact, they only gave away the Android version in their bundles.

Holy crap at that Greenlight list. This is how it should have been from the start, but better late than never.

I think I have bought at least 20 of these in bundles and there are probably quite a few more I don't even remember buying.

I don't think people will get Steam keys for Call of Cthulhu from Gala. Besides that fact that Gala isn't always so great about getting Steam keys after the fact, they only gave away the Android version in their bundles.
its ok, i dont really care about that game

Sorry if this is a newbie question. I know that Amazon price-matches some of the deals that Steam makes on their site. Do they only do that on midweek madness and week-end deals, or is there also a chance they might do it on a 2-day deal like the Dungeon Siege Complete bundle?

Holy crap at that Greenlight list. This is how it should have been from the start, but better late than never.

I think I have bought at least 20 of these in bundles and there are probably quite a few more I don't even remember buying.
There's a good list of games in bundles that gave keys after the fact here.

He updates it pretty regularly too.

its ok, i dont really care about that game
I did care about it for a while, but then I played it on Android. That game is hard as balls right out of the gate. Literally the first battle that you get into seconds after loading the game you get attacked by wave after wave of enemies. I gave up on it pretty quickly. It's too bad too. The combat system itself was rather well-done and the premise was interesting (Lovecraft mythos in a World War I setting).

Unfortunately, I have a number of those games in the list from IndieFort bundles (I'm the guy who bought those) and I doubt those will get Steam keys retro-added.

I did care about it for a while, but then I played it on Android. That game is hard as balls right out of the gate. Literally the first battle that you get into seconds after loading the game you get attacked by wave after wave of enemies. I gave up on it pretty quickly. It's too bad too. The combat system itself was rather well-done and the premise was interesting (Lovecraft mythos in a World War I setting).

Unfortunately, I have a number of those games in the list from IndieFort bundles (I'm the guy who bought those) and I doubt those will get Steam keys retro-added.
I like the idea of CoC too but agreed, I don't know about the implementation. I didn't get very far in. Part of it for me was that I didn't think it worked very well as a mobile game with touch controls so I was kind of looking forward to trying the PC version but eh, maybe it will get bundled later with Steam keys.

And yeah I wouldn't get my hopes up for IndieFort giving Steam keys, though maybe if you asked nicely to some of the devs directly that might work. *shrug*

Uh...what now?

Hey there!

We have an all-new bundle that's guaranteed to have you laughing until you fall out of your chair: the Humble Comedy Bundle!

Get Live at the Beacon Theater by Louis C.K. and Unreleased and Mr. P by Patrice O'Neal if you pay over the average price! And pay any amount to get The Special Special Special by Maria Bamford, Live by Tig Notaro, My Name is Hannibal by Hannibal Buress, and Please Be Offended by Jim Norton!

Yeah.  I mean, I like Louis CK as much as the next guy, but I was waiting for Origin bundle 2 or something.  Plus I think I already own Live at the Beacon Theater.

Uh...what now?

Hey there!

We have an all-new bundle that's guaranteed to have you laughing until you fall out of your chair: the Humble Comedy Bundle!

Get Live at the Beacon Theater by Louis C.K. and Unreleased and Mr. P by Patrice O'Neal if you pay over the average price! And pay any amount to get The Special Special Special by Maria Bamford, Live by Tig Notaro, My Name is Hannibal by Hannibal Buress, and Please Be Offended by Jim Norton!
I'm in for a penny.

Ive already seen all the Louis Ck stuff, including Lucky Louie. 

id possibly dip on all the music/random stuff bundles if they were redeemable somewhere, like amazon or something.

Really glad I bought a good portion of those in indie bundles. I know people poo-poo the non-Steam games in bundles but you never know what will get in eventually.
And by people you mean, er, you? ;)

Also, Bridge Constructor is in the current Groupees Build a Meridian4 Megabundle. Steam key status is unconfirmed.
Also was in Indiegala Sim. Not sure we'll see keys there.

Right. The PC version was in the Greenlight Bundle 2, and I would expect that to get keys. Not sure if anyone really grabbed that one, though. I know I skipped it.

I'm relatively optimistic that at least the Indiefort Countdown Bundle will provide keys, given that the greenlight status of many of the games was a big aspect of that bundle. I also expect that Gamersgate might need to be nudged a time or two to get moving on those keys. I still have screencaps and emails from the first go-round on that, and will get on Gamersgate about this, if needed

So who's going to get on Indiegala about providing steam keys?

I bet the greenlight update today is making people regret missing the CAG Amazon Indie Bundles even more now.. since Blockland got greenlit (the key will activate on Steam) ;)

Love all the greenlit games.  Cynic in me says Steam ran out of devs willing to do cards so this is the result of it.  "Hey you willing to do cards if we greenlight you?"  "Of course!" "Greenlit!"

Uh...what now?

Hey there!

We have an all-new bundle that's guaranteed to have you laughing until you fall out of your chair: the Humble Comedy Bundle!
Get Live at the Beacon Theater by Louis C.K. and Unreleased and Mr. P by Patrice O'Neal if you pay over the average price! And pay any amount to get The Special Special Special by Maria Bamford, Live by Tig Notaro, My Name is Hannibal by Hannibal Buress, and Please Be Offended by Jim Norton!

FFFFFFFFFFFFuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Patrice O'Neal had to be BTA... Although, that cat wasn't average so it makes sense.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vGBvzbpvug[/youtube]

Not much of him in there but you get me for reasons unknown to me.

I bet the greenlight update today is making people regret missing the CAG Amazon Indie Bundles even more now.. since Blockland got greenlit (the key will activate on Steam) ;)

The Blockland Dev gifted your boy a key, like, like, years ago on CAG, man. I wonder if I still have an account and if it's bound to a key...

Words cannot express the joy and happiness currently being experienced by compulsive Indie Royale purchasers.

:whee:

Both of us.

:whee: :whee:

This is why its so hard to quit the addiction! I passed on this last one since all I wanted was RetroVirus and Signal Ops... Signal Ops gets greenlit... instant regret. Must remain strong. Tell myself I would have never played it anyway.

Ive already seen all the Louis Ck stuff, including Lucky Louie.

id possibly dip on all the music/random stuff bundles if they were redeemable somewhere, like amazon or something.

I'm content with that shit being in my Humble account. It feels the same as Amazon to me.

The Blockland Dev gifted your boy a key, like, like, years ago on CAG, man. I wonder if I still have an account and if it's bound to a key...
Oh yeah, that's right. I got one of those too. I never bothered to set up an account on the site though.... I wonder if i still can? I'll check it out later I guess.

I up-voted Blockland on greelight though because of the dev's generosity. Glad to see they got in.

Oh yeah, that's right. I got one of those too. I never bothered to set up an account on the site though.... I wonder if i still can? I'll check it out later I guess.

I up-voted Blockland on greelight though because of the dev's generosity. Glad to see they got in.
Blockland

Greenlight page

Q: This game costs too much.

A: All the more reason to be on Steam! With a wider audience, reduced prices, sales, and bundles are much more viable.

Q: Is there a demo?
A: Yes, a demo is available at http://Blockland.us/Download.html The demo allows you to play in single player mode. Additionally, if you start a LAN game with the full version of Blockland, other people on the LAN will be able to join with the demo version and you will all be playing the full version together.

Q: I already own Blockland. Will my Blockland key work on steam?
A: Yes. If Blockland is released on steam your current key will work.

Depth Hunter

Greenlight page

Q: Will the Steam version of Depth Hunter be updated in anyway?

A: Yes. It will include new content, like additional tasks and levels. Also we plan integrate new game features and tune game mechanics. We will be looking into other updates after its release. Do you like crabs?

Q: If I own Depth Hunter elsewhere, can I get a free Steam Key?

A: We can't promise that at this point. But we will try to provide you redeem code, if Valve allow this.

FAQ Depth Hunter Greenlight page

Q: Will the Steam version of Depth Hunter be updated in anyway?

A: Yes. It will include new content, like additional tasks and levels. Also we plan integrate new game features and tune game mechanics. We will be looking into other updates after its release. Do you like crabs?

Q: If I own Depth Hunter elsewhere, can I get a free Steam Key?

A: We can't promise that at this point. But we will try to provide you redeem code, if Valve allow this.
You left out the best Q&A from that page:

Q: I don't like girls and covers with girls. Please remove girl from your cover! It's a wrong tactic.
A: Sorry man, but she is our main character and you will find her in cutscenes. And we like girls, diving, boobs, fish and rock-n-roll.

Omegalodon is Greenlit!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/92942876/1377717202

Wow, okay. That was unexpected.

I'm going to start working on Steam integration ASAP. I have no idea how to do that, but I'll figure it out. As you may know, Omegalodon was Greenlit along with 100 other games as a 'stress test' for Valve's new self-publishing tech. Many of these games aren't finished, so you'll see them roll out slowly over the coming months. Omegalodon is finished. Therefore, I assume, it will be one of the first. Maybe?

In addition to Steam integration I'll be updating the game with network code improvements, bug fixes, and MAYBE a bit of new content depending on popularity - a sort of "STEAM Edition" thing.

This creates a problem, however: As the standalone game has no patcher, anyone who purchased from a bundle or uses the downloadable ZIP from Desura will be unable to update and join servers running the new version.
To remedy this, I'll be offering ONE FREE STEAM KEY to anyone who purchased the game BEFORE THIS ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN.

You must email me with proof of purchase. A bundle receipt or a Desura key is acceptable. DON'T DO THIS YET. I'll keep you informed.

-Alex

Holy crap, Gray Matter FINALLY got put through?  DTP better get on it and take my money already (on multiple fronts).

Looking through the list, it's astounding how many of them look much better than the stuff that's already made it through.

Also: Think I might snag that Dungeon Siege collection.  Why?  75%, $5, Funbucks, that's why.

Also, also: Talisman, bitches!

What kind of flower doesn't sleep at night?

The Day-ZZZ

Was actually a joke on the popsicle I just ate...wonder if the the Day-Z devs know they named their game after an insomniac flower. 

Taken from another site but this is mostly complete I think:

• A Walk in the Dark (Greenlight Bundle)
  • Bloody Trapland (Indie Royal Spiral Groove Bundle)
  • Bridge It (Indie Face Kick and Indiefort Countdown)
  • Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils (Indie Royale The Back to School Bundle)
  • Call of Cthulhu (Ingie Gala Mobile 2, Indie Gala 9)
  • Constant C (Groupees Be Mine 8)
  • Croixleur (Groupees Build a Doujin)
  • Darkout (Groupees Build A Greenlight 2)
  • Depth Hunter (Groupees Build a Bundle 2 and Greenlight Bundle)
  • Dino Run SE (Indie Royale Summer bundle)
  • Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos (Groupees Build a Doujin Bundle)
  • Eleusis (Groupees Be Mine 8)
  • Escape Goat (Greenlight Bundle)
  • Exoplanet First Contact (Groupees Adventure Role Playing)
  • Gravi (Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle 2)
  • Megabyte Punch (Greenlight Bundle 3)
  • Mutant Mudds (Indie Royale Harvest Bundle)
  • NEO Scavenger (Groupees Be Mine 5)
  • Omegalodon (Indie Gala 10)
  • Oniken (Indiegala Summertide)
  • Paranautical Activity (Groupees Be Mine 8)
  • Rawbots (Greenlight Bundle)
  • Reprisal (Indie Royale Fall Bundle)
  • The Cat Lady (Groupees Be Mine Aniversary)
  • Underrail (Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle)
  • Zafehouse Diaries (Groupees Undead Bundle)
We can pretty much guarantee that we won't be getting Paranautical Activity keys from BM8, since the devs were bitching about not being paid by Groupees.

Or The Cat Lady keys from BMA (iirc the dev said the publisher put the game in the bundle without their permission.) Edit: I was thinking of JULIA from the Groupees KISS bundle.

This is why its so hard to quit the addiction! I passed on this last one since all I wanted was RetroVirus and Signal Ops... Signal Ops gets greenlit... instant regret. Must remain strong. Tell myself I would have never played it anyway.
No time to play bundle games when you're reviewing kickstarter games for us.

Sidenote: After finishing the campaign to BL2 I searched for what order to play the DLC. So many different opinions. What I also didn't understand was the sidequest mission carry over from playthrough 2 to 2.5. It seemed like the consensus was to skip the sidequest in TVH then do them in UVH, so the rewards are scaled higher. What doesn't make sense to me is that most say to play the DLC in the 2nd play through which seems contradicting to the previous advice. I haven't started TVH yet.

I'm thinking about playing the DLC in my first playthrough. Running through the main story skipping the side missions and DLC in TVH and then doing everything again in UVH. How did the rest of you do it?

Sidenote: After finishing the campaign to BL2 I searched for what order to play the DLC. So many different opinions. What I also didn't understand was the sidequest mission carry over from playthrough 2 to 2.5. It seemed like the consensus was to skip the sidequest in TVH then do them in UVH, so the rewards are scaled higher. What doesn't make sense to me is that most say to play the DLC in the 2nd play through which seems contradicting to the previous advice. I haven't started TVH yet.

I'm thinking about playing the DLC in my first playthrough. Running through the main story skipping the side missions and DLC in TVH and then doing everything again in UVH. How did the rest of you do it?
I think some of that do/don't do side quests/DLC in TVHM was prior to the release of UVHM. You can reset everything in UVHM. It's more like playthrough 3+. I didn't do any sidequests/DLC for 5 out the 6 characters in normal mode. I may do some in TVHM if I feel I need the additional levels. Of course, this is with my intent of reaching the level cap with everyone.

We can pretty much guarantee that we won't be getting Paranautical Activity keys from BM8, since the devs were bitching about not being paid by Groupees.

Or The Cat Lady keys from BMA (iirc the dev said the publisher put the game in the bundle without their permission.)
The Paranautical Activity dev was probably lying about not getting paid, I don't think they wouldn't give us keys, people would rage too much at them, and they've already gotten enough hate as it is.

As for The Cat Lady keys.. I could've sworn I saw the dev in the Groupees chat, promoting the game and hinting that it would be the mystery game in BMA. Are you sure its not a different game you're thinking of? AFAIK Screen 7 are the dev AND publisher for The Cat Lady. It wouldn't make sense that it was bundled without their permission.. cuz it's self published by the dev.

Bad News: The key recovery tool did NOT recognize my e-mail address. https://blockland.us/keyRecovery.php

Good News: I still have the Blockland CAG PM e-mail from late 2012 (calendar).

Bad News: IF you didn't launch Blockland and associate your e-mail with the access key AND you deleted your 10-month-old CAG PM from the debonair fella AND you deleted your 10-month-old CAG PM e-mail notice -- you might be fucked.

Other Info:

• Blockland commands an unreasonable 4.2 MB of free storage.

System Requirements:

• 800mhz cpu
  • 512mb ram
  • 32mb openGL compatible video card
  • Latest drivers for your video card
  • Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or higher; OSX 10.5 or higher

The game may run on a system with lower specs, but don't be surprised if it doesn't.

I don't understand this technology. The requirements must be nebulously anachronistic because the sandboxes look dynamically enormous and very busy -- servers can hold 32 to 100 players zipping all over with jet-packs (not common to have 100 but it's been done).

I registered my key and everything and the key resender still did not work.  Pretty sure I have my key saved somewhere on my back up drive, but still a little annoying. 

The Paranautical Activity dev was probably lying about not getting paid, I don't think they wouldn't give us keys, people would rage too much at them, and they've already gotten enough hate as it is.

As for The Cat Lady keys.. I could've sworn I saw the dev in the Groupees chat, promoting the game and hinting that it would be the mystery game in BMA. Are you sure its not a different game you're thinking of? AFAIK Screen 7 are the dev AND publisher for The Cat Lady. It wouldn't make sense that it was bundled without their permission.. cuz it's self published by the dev.
Wasn't there something going on similar to this with J.U.L.I.A. in the Groupees KISS bundle?

That KISS had put it in without the dev's permission?

Or at least that was the talk at the time.

Holy crap, Gray Matter FINALLY got put through? DTP better get on it and take my money already (on multiple fronts).

Looking through the list, it's astounding how many of them look much better than the stuff that's already made it through.

Also: Think I might snag that Dungeon Siege collection. Why? 75%, $5, Funbucks, that's why.

Also, also: Talisman, bitches!
Meh I'm not holding my breath for DTP.

Also supposedly Talisman Prologue (the one bundled) is different than Talisman Digital Edition :roll: so we're not getting keys probably.

Or The Cat Lady keys from BMA (iirc the dev said the publisher put the game in the bundle without their permission.)

Cat Lady Dev and someone from Screen 7 was in Groupees chat and they had permission to to put it in their bundle so we should be getting keys for it.

Actually the Screen 7 dude has posted here a couple of times too.

I think Detruire is thinking of another game. Maybe JULIA and all that KISS nonsense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back