The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
So uh.. I think the free Steam key Gun Monkeys experiment may backfire..

2uoa.jpg

So uh.. I think the free Steam key Gun Monkeys experiment may backfire..
2uoa.jpg

A new type of multiplayer griefer has emerged. The guy that always makes sure you aren't the only one in a server so you can't get a free key for a game you already own and you just want to add it to your secondary account for CARDZ.

I like this type. Much better than those damn Spies.

Oh yeah, I have Quicken 2013 from Amazon. I forgot the deal, but I think it was like $20 after a credit when I bought Turbo Tax which I do every year.

I like quicken, you can import everything from all your accounts, and then it shames you by making a pie chart of the stupid shit you wasted your money on.  I think it does have some future planning type stuff in there too, but I sort of left after the shaming.  I should get back to it.  No steam achievements. 

So, I bought the Tomb Raider collection during the summer sale. Which means I now own all the Tomb Raider games on steam.

Disregarding graphics considerations (because old graphics don't really bother me) which game should I play first? The original? The recent reboot? Or maybe start with the games from 5-6 years ago?

I think you should first finish that burger.  I mean, I understand the need to savor, but it's been in your hands over a month now.

I think you should first finish that burger. I mean, I understand the need to savor, but it's been in your hands over a month now.
lol dpsyco

Go easy on The End, he misses sunasun -- that's why he's shouting at that burger.
he can always chat with sunasun on status. there party theere me ashkitty idiot and nuero

So, I bought the Tomb Raider collection during the summer sale. Which means I now own all the Tomb Raider games on steam.

Disregarding graphics considerations (because old graphics don't really bother me) which game should I play first? The original? The recent reboot? Or maybe start with the games from 5-6 years ago?
i would go the oldest first if it was me

Perhaps boot up the first game for a few hours, and if it's feeling too dated jump forward to Anniversary, which (I believe) is largely a remake of the first game?

There's a required order for playing Tomb Raider?

It's not Mass Effect. She has big breasts, she jumps over stuff and she shoots shit.

There's a required order for playing Tomb Raider?

It's not Mass Effect. She has big breasts, she jumps over stuff and she shoots shit.

you know dat skinny Olive Oyl-lookin' bitch got dat pancake ass doe I should pour some warm maple sirrup on it and toss dat salad doe

Perhaps boot up the first game for a few hours, and if it's feeling too dated jump forward to Anniversary, which (I believe) is largely a remake of the first game?
I'd say play Legend before Anniversary, that's how they were released and they're part of the same trilogy along with Underworld. They were intended to be played in release order.

Fallout: Lanius
 ​
 ​
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCrM1_7wnDU[/youtube]​
 ​
 ​
New Release - Straight to Youtube

I'd say play Legend before Anniversary, that's how they were released and they're part of the same trilogy along with Underworld. They were intended to be played in release order.
It doesn't really matter if you play Anniversary before Legend, since Anniversary is a remake of the first Tomb Raider. It happens before Legend, storywise anyway.

Anniversary is the best to start with IMO, because puzzles were done best in that game, out of the trilogy. I think it'd leave the best impression.

Sometimes the time difference between the UK and the US doesn't really bother me. I get my daily deals at 6pm, bundles often release at a decent time of day (so there's not much chance of me sleeping through it), that kinda stuff.

Then there's the other times. When I have to stay up tip 5.30am to watch the Superbowl. When I miss out on a full (and incredibly awesome) fantasy football draft because it was at teatime. And now I'm going to add "Dishing out yellow and red cards for relentless grumbling in the Steam thread" to that list.

I bought :yellowcard: and :redcard: emotes for this exact reason. Damn you international timezones. Damn you for holding me back from issuing some Pierliugi Collina style justice on you all.

Pierluigi+Collina+reuters.jpg

I bought :yellowcard: and :redcard: emotes for this exact reason. Damn you international timezones. Damn you for holding me back from issuing some Pierliugi Collina style justice on you all.
And when someone gets a good zinger in make sure you yell GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!

Also...

*** REGIONAL PRICING KLAXON ***

You Need A Budget 4 is £7.49 in the UK. That's quite a bit cheaper (30%?) than in the US.
Hmm ~ $11.61 USD. Almost enough to make me consider it but I don't want to need a budget. :p

I don't own it but I did play with the demo for a month. No, it's not natively a replacement for Quicken. Quicken is your transaction and account management tool and gives you reports on the history of your spending.

YNAB is a forecasting tool that helps you plan future spending and track your performance to that plan and adjust accordingly. When the transactions occur, they still need to be "entered" as transaction events to provide account balance and history in Quicken (or whatever register you use).

It seems like they could work well together, Quicken (consumer level) doesn't help users with budgets or forecasts much (at least back in the day it didn't) so YNAB fills a nice niche.
Yeah, I'm really trying to get away from Quicken because Intuit pisses me off with their planned obsolescence: every few years they arbitrarily cut off old versions from doing online updates with your financial institution and that's the primary reason that I use the bloody thing. If YNAB allowed me to do what I do with Quicken I'd dump Intuit in a heartbeat.

Borderlands 2 GOTY has finally been announced. In addition to the four season pass DLC's, it also includes the Mechromancer pack, Psycho pack, Creature Slaughter Dome, Collector's Edition pack, and Ultimate Vault Hunters upgrade pack. So basically nothing is excluded except the $.99 cosmetic crap. Sounds like the most patient of us (a group I am most certainly not in) will be well rewarded with this one.

Borderlands 2 GOTY has finally been announced. In addition to the four season pass DLC's, it also includes the Mechromancer pack, Psycho pack, Creature Slaughter Dome, Collector's Edition pack, and Ultimate Vault Hunters upgrade pack. So basically nothing is excluded except the $.99 cosmetic crap. Sounds like the most patient of us (a group I am most certainly not in) will be well rewarded with this one.
now to wait for it to hit $10 ;) (I waited this long already)

Borderlands 2 GOTY has finally been announced. In addition to the four season pass DLC's, it also includes the Mechromancer pack, Psycho pack, Creature Slaughter Dome, Collector's Edition pack, and Ultimate Vault Hunters upgrade pack. So basically nothing is excluded except the $.99 cosmetic crap. Sounds like the most patient of us (a group I am most certainly not in) will be well rewarded with this one.
Yes, but there's no mention of the yet to be released DLC, which is supposed to include another level cap of 72.

True, I guess that means the ultra-CAGs will have to wait for the obligatory 2K-trademark GOTY Deluxe Gold Moon Emperor edition to get everything.

Can't complain considering how low the price on this game has dropped over the past year for all platforms. I got the PC version for $12.50 w/season pass, just waiting for the character DLCs to go on sale later.

The fact that I have yet to play Borderlands 1 kept me firmly in the $10 or less with all most DLC or GTFO camp for BL2 so it's good that they are doing a Sorta But Not Really Complete Edition.

2K's habit for doing that is getting annoying but I guess it's still better than pulling an EA and never bundling the DLC at all or doing a Triology Collection without all the DLC.

I don't think I have the patience to wait for the Platinum Game of the Century Gold Silver Uber Extra Everything For Real This time but not really Edition of BL2. And that sort of 2K shenanigans has certainly worked on me with Civ because I keep buying their DLC and expansions instead of waiting years for it all to be bundled.

*sigh* I'm so proud of my CAG card yet I feel I might have to turn it in....or at least be disciplined in some way. 

I figured out why EA offered up this Origin bundle. They sucked me in with the SIMS and am now downloading an overpriced expansion....and I don't feel as if it will be the last one I download.

Sims > Crack

True, I guess that means the ultra-CAGs will have to wait for the obligatory 2K-trademark GOTY Deluxe Gold Moon Emperor edition to get everything.

Thanks. Now I remember how much I want to play Emperor: Battle for Dune again :(

I miss that game

*sigh* I'm so proud of my CAG card yet I feel I might have to turn it in....or at least be disciplined in some way.

I figured out why EA offered up this Origin bundle. They sucked me in with the SIMS and am now downloading an overpriced expansion....and I don't feel as if it will be the last one I download.

Sims > Crack
Man I won't even say how much money EA has squeezed out of my over the Sims. Most CAGs would shit a brick boulder.

Let's just say that however bad you feel for how much you just spent there are people who have spent a lot more. :p
Good lord now I just shit a brick boulder. It's Indie Christmas!

Really glad I bought a good portion of those in indie bundles. I know people poo-poo the non-Steam games in bundles but you never know what will get in eventually.

True, I guess that means the ultra-CAGs will have to wait for the obligatory 2K-trademark GOTY Deluxe Gold Moon Emperor edition to get everything.
Eh, I'll just wait for the 2K humble bundle.

What bored CAG wants to make a list of which of these have been in which bundles? I probably don't have more than a couple of these myself as I try to avoid non-Steam keys and only buy bundles with at least a couple games I know I'll definitely play.

What bored CAG wants to make a list of which of these have been in which bundles? I probably don't have more than a couple of these myself as I try to avoid non-Steam keys and only buy bundles with at least a couple games I know I'll definitely play.
Taken from another site but this is mostly complete I think:

• A Walk in the Dark (Greenlight Bundle)
  • Bloody Trapland (Indie Royal Spiral Groove Bundle)
  • Bridge It (Indie Face Kick and Indiefort Countdown)
  • Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils (Indie Royale The Back to School Bundle)
  • Call of Cthulhu (Ingie Gala Mobile 2, Indie Gala 9)
  • Constant C (Groupees Be Mine 8)
  • Croixleur (Groupees Build a Doujin)
  • Darkout (Groupees Build A Greenlight 2)
  • Depth Hunter (Groupees Build a Bundle 2 and Greenlight Bundle)
  • Dino Run SE (Indie Royale Summer bundle)
  • Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos (Groupees Build a Doujin Bundle)
  • Eleusis (Groupees Be Mine 8)
  • Escape Goat (Greenlight Bundle)
  • Exoplanet First Contact (Groupees Adventure Role Playing)
  • Gravi (Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle 2)
  • Megabyte Punch (Greenlight Bundle 3)
  • Mutant Mudds (Indie Royale Harvest Bundle)
  • NEO Scavenger (Groupees Be Mine 5)
  • Omegalodon (Indie Gala 10)
  • Oniken (Indiegala Summertide)
  • Paranautical Activity (Groupees Be Mine 8)
  • Rawbots (Greenlight Bundle)
  • Reprisal (Indie Royale Fall Bundle)
  • The Cat Lady (Groupees Be Mine Aniversary)
  • Underrail (Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle)
  • Zafehouse Diaries (Groupees Undead Bundle)

Oh and DTP better get off their ass and release Grey Matter for Steam. They still haven't released Venetica in spite of it being Greenlit some time ago. Also the OOPS thing with Valve making them put Drakensang: The River of Time (Eldrepe loves when I bring this game up) on Greenlight was resolved back in January with Valve realizing it was already on Steam in the US region thus they said they would talk with DTP about getting it on for the ROW but AFAIK DTP still has not put that game up in the other regions.

Maybe someone outside NA can confirm if shows for them or not but I don't think they've listed it yet.

Man I won't even say how much money EA has squeezed out of my over the Sims. Most CAGs would shit a brick boulder.

Let's just say that however bad you feel for how much you just spent there are people who have spent a lot more. :p
You seem like a good person to ask Motoki. I like the feel of Sunset Valley alot. When I install Late Night and the newly purchased Ambitions does it add the buildings like the bars and things to Sunset Valley or do I have to do it myself?

Taken from another site but this is mostly complete I think:

• A Walk in the Dark (Greenlight Bundle)
  • Bloody Trapland (Indie Royal Spiral Groove Bundle)
  • Bridge It (Indie Face Kick and Indiefort Countdown)
  • Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils (Indie Royale The Back to School Bundle)
  • Call of Cthulhu (Ingie Gala Mobile 2, Indie Gala 9)
  • Constant C (Groupees Be Mine 8)
  • Croixleur (Groupees Build a Doujin)
  • Darkout (Groupees Build A Greenlight 2)
  • Depth Hunter (Groupees Build a Bundle 2 and Greenlight Bundle)
  • Dino Run SE (Indie Royale Summer bundle)
  • Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos (Groupees Build a Doujin Bundle)
  • Eleusis (Groupees Be Mine 8)
  • Escape Goat (Greenlight Bundle)
  • Exoplanet First Contact (Groupees Adventure Role Playing)
  • Gravi (Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle 2)
  • Megabyte Punch (Greenlight Bundle 3)
  • Mutant Mudds (Indie Royale Harvest Bundle)
  • NEO Scavenger (Groupees Be Mine 5)
  • Omegalodon (Indie Gala 10)
  • Oniken (Indiegala Summertide)
  • Paranautical Activity (Groupees Be Mine 8)
  • Rawbots (Greenlight Bundle)
  • Reprisal (Indie Royale Fall Bundle)
  • The Cat Lady (Groupees Be Mine Aniversary)
  • Underrail (Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle)
  • Zafehouse Diaries (Groupees Undead Bundle)
Also, Super Amazing Wagon Adventure was in the IR Getaway Bundle and Signal Ops was in the recent IR Prairie Dog Bundle.

Bridge Constructor is in the current Groupees Meridian4 BaB.

You seem like a good person to ask Motoki. I like the feel of Sunset Valley alot. When I install Late Night and the newly purchased Ambitions does it add the buildings like the bars and things to Sunset Valley or do I have to do it myself?
The new venues will be added to create-a-world and you'll have to drop them in yourself. Takes a minute or two. It only gets complicated when you're trying to shoehorn half a dozen different types of clubs, a horse ranch, a couple gigantic seasons/showtime parks, and the 42 custom made lots you downloaded of the internet.

Thanks guys.  I'm not sure I own any of these, actually.  I guess I've been stingier with my indie bundle purchases than I thought.  Most of my money goes to Humble.

holy crap, ive been in on 13 of those greenlit games! yay free games! hopefully...

the only ones id probably play though are Paranautical Activity and definitely Signal Ops. maybe Underrail too, but that looks like itll be a long game.

Call of Cthulhu (Ingie Gala Mobile 2, Indie Gala 9)

Constant C (Groupees Be Mine 8)

Dino Run SE (Indie Royale Summer bundle)

Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos (Groupees Build a Doujin Bundle)

Eleusis (Groupees Be Mine 8)

Exoplanet First Contact (Groupees Adventure Role Playing)

Omegalodon (Indie Gala 10)

Oniken (Indiegala Summertide)

Paranautical Activity (Groupees Be Mine 8)

Reprisal (Indie Royale Fall Bundle)

The Cat Lady (Groupees Be Mine Aniversary)

Underrail (Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle)

Signal Ops (latest royale)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back