CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone who did not buy the Humble WB Bundle and who does not already own FEAR try out the gift link found in my profile status (hover over my name to see the link)?  I sent the gift URL to someone who attempted to redeem the gift but already owned the game on Steam and I would like to know if the gift link will work for someone else since it did not get added to the gift recipients account.  Thanks and please let me know what happens!

Can someone who did not buy the Humble WB Bundle and who does not already own FEAR try out the gift link found in my profile status (hover over my name to see the link)? I sent the gift URL to someone who attempted to redeem the gift but already owned the game on Steam and I would like to know if the gift link will work for someone else since it did not get added to the gift recipients account. Thanks and please let me know what happens!
... wouldn't the link show up as redeemed in your profile if it had been used up?

This is actually part of a storewide Bohemia sale with lots of Steamworks/Steam versions of products. Nice find, Carlmundo.

According to Reddit, this is on until 11/27.

Hm. I wonder why Take on Helicopters gives you a "non-Steam" warning when the BI store doesn't appear to sell a Steam version.
... FREAKIN FINALLY.

Pound of Ground for $3.50? About time!

... wouldn't the link show up as redeemed in your profile if it had been used up?
I don't know as I haven't gifted before. My account says "Give this link to your friend". Does that change once the game has actually been redeemed on the recipient's Steam account?

Probably in for Tiny Tina. I think that's the only DLC I'm interested in. I might actually play the game at some point in the near future now.
Tiny Tina is the one must-have, for sure. Particularly if you're interested in the continuation of the main story.

If you ever do get around to playing it and find you enjoy the game, I'd also recommend the Torgue DLC. It's humorous, there are some good fights, has some invaluable vending machines, and there are also some good farmable mini/bosses.

The other two are worth playing, provided you've enjoyed the rest. The stories are mostly unrelated to the main game (though Hammerlock does have a rather funny call-back once you've completed the main story).

I don't know as I haven't gifted before. My account says "Give this link to your friend". Does that change once the game has actually been redeemed on the recipient's Steam account?
I think so. This seems to suggest it. http://support.humblebundle.com/customer/portal/articles/1356336-gifting-steam-keys

Anybody else having issues trying to register at the BI site? I never got an activation email and it's been a good half-hour.

I created a forum account a while back and the store said I couldn't use Foxhack again (the name is in use.) You have to create a store account via your dashboard first.

Less than one day left for the Bundle-In-A-Box Indie Strategy Bundle if anyone was still thinking about picking it up. They've had a couple of $0.99 "happy hours" for the non-BTA level and they might do that again. I've heard some really good things about The Trouble With Robots but haven't had a chance to play it yet (of course).
I actually beat The Trouble With Robots, and it's alright but has some problems. Mainly there are about five great cards, and then a bunch of useless filler that makes it seem there are more options for your deck than there actually is. The writing isn't very good either, but I guess you could skip it without too much trouble. I can't remember many more specifics, but I guess for the price it might be worth checking out if you think the idea of Plants vs. Zombies crossed with Magic: TG sounds interesting. Personally I wasn't very impressed.

I wish the Bohemian I store was in in English.  Anyone play Arma II Czech Republic?  Is it worth it?  I have my Arma II from not retail not steam but Amazon.com direct download with an activation key as follows:  12345-12345-12345-12345-12345

I would think this version would work with non-steam from BI?

Also, can't wait to take on helicopters when it is on Steam for sale cheap too.  The BI site says it is 3.70 croutons, I can only imagine that might be around $5 or less American?

I know it was mentioned a page back, but the D&D Master Bundle goes on sale every few months for $5...just keep checking the site :)

I missed the first sale in April than picked it up in June when it went on sale again.

I wish the Bohemian I store was in in English. Anyone play Arma II Czech Republic? Is it worth it? I have my Arma II from not retail not steam but Amazon.com direct download with an activation key as follows: 12345-12345-12345-12345-12345

I would think this version would work with non-steam from BI?

Also, can't wait to take on helicopters when it is on Steam for sale cheap too. The BI site says it is 3.70 croutons, I can only imagine that might be around $5 or less American?
... uh. The Bohemia store is in English.

Make an account. Once it knows your country it'll adjust the prices accordingly, AND FAIRLY, no One Dollar = One Euro BS.

... uh. The Bohemia store is in English.

Make an account. Once it knows your country it'll adjust the prices accordingly, AND FAIRLY, no One Dollar = One Euro BS.
I think the world should default to America. All sites should show up in American for me. Why should I have to sign up or do anything to see a real price.

If I wanted to live in Bohemia and use Bohemian rubles then I would hop on a trash barge and sail over there.

So why has no one mentioned this GOTY contender that was just released on Steam? I'm sure you were all frothing at the mouth waiting for it, and what a bargain price too!
You joke, but that game is probably keeping the impulses of several serial killers in check and has probably prevented countless murders. Why go risk getting caught when you can play virtual dress up and have make up parties from the comfort of your Steam account?

I think the world should default to America. All sites should show up in American for me. Why should I have to sign up or do anything to see a real price.

If I wanted to live in Bohemia and use Bohemian rubles then I would hop on a trash barge and sail over there.
Currently it's about $5.00 USD.

However, I can't see the prices because BI won't send me a frickin' activation email! I just tried creating a new account again, thinking I somehow fumbled my email entry but the form is telling me that there is already a user with that email address. Is somebody sending these emails out manually and it's 2:00 AM in Czechoslovakia? I've rarely had to wait over an hour for something like this.

So why has no one mentioned this GOTY contender that was just released on Steam? I'm sure you were all frothing at the mouth waiting for it, and what a bargain price too!
YES. I'm not buying though, at that price I feel guilty.

They should be asking for things like:

• First born child
  • Both your testicles
  • A kidney
  • A signed contract stating you agree to play Bad Rats for 2 days straight without food and just 6 ounces of water

Edit: It's got a killer plot, to boot:

After Raquelle accidentally switches the helpful house butler "Closet" to "Party Game" mode, Barbie and her friends must party and play their way through the Dreamhouse to switch Closet back to "Normal" mode.

Can someone who did not buy the Humble WB Bundle and who does not already own FEAR try out the gift link found in my profile status (hover over my name to see the link)? I sent the gift URL to someone who attempted to redeem the gift but already owned the game on Steam and I would like to know if the gift link will work for someone else since it did not get added to the gift recipients account. Thanks and please let me know what happens!
In case no one has resolved this for you, I clicked on it and it told me that the key had already been redeemed. Too bad. I've been trying to win FEAR on steamgifts for a week...but they never pick me, lol.

In case no one has resolved this for you, I clicked on it and it told me that the key had already been redeemed. Too bad. I've been trying to win FEAR on steamgifts for a week...but they never pick me, lol.
Thanks for the update! That's a bummer though. I was hoping the link would still work since the game does not show up on my original recipient's Humble account and my page still makes it look like I have a gift link to give out.

Thanks for the update! That's a bummer though. I was hoping the link would still work since the game does not show up on my original recipient's Humble account and my page still makes it look like I have a gift link to give out.
Let's not ignore the possibility somebody else lurked it from your profile before he tried it.

Let's not ignore the possibility somebody else lurked it from your profile before he tried it.
You are one smart fox. Can lurkers lurk my profile or just signed on members? I have slept since this question was last answered. Of course I could just sign out and see what I see so never mind.

Edited: I can see my link even when signed out. I thought that area was supposed to be a safe place for posting non-lurkable codes. Whatevah!

Currently it's about $5.00 USD.

However, I can't see the prices because BI won't send me a frickin' activation email! I just tried creating a new account again, thinking I somehow fumbled my email entry but the form is telling me that there is already a user with that email address. Is somebody sending these emails out manually and it's 2:00 AM in Czechoslovakia? I've rarely had to wait over an hour for something like this.
... I got my password reset email instantly. Check your spam folder.

Your original recipient should received a email that has a url link to that gifted game, on that url link it will state if the game has been redeemed and to which steam profile it was redeemed to. However that url link will not be attached to the original recipient's account page, it works the same way as indie gala gifted bundles.

You joke, but that game is probably keeping the impulses of several serial killers in check and has probably prevented countless murders. Why go risk getting caught when you can play virtual dress up and have make up parties from the comfort of your Steam account?

You really concern me sometimes...

For anyone who likes *reading* about video & computer games (isn't that what we do here anyway?), the second Video Game ebook Bundle is up:

http://storybundle.com/

$3 minimum, $10 BTA.

I bought the first one a few months ago (BTA level) and it was worth it.

63527_al-bundy_180311100504_591w.jpg

So I bit on the Huge Seal

I dont know if this has been posted BUT...the 80% off coupon works on the Giana Sisters Bundle...when you buy that the Huge Seal site views that as you buying TWO games...so I went with a cheapy for my last game and bought Rush.  I got Anitchamber as my free game

Not bad for 4.85 in Gaben bucks

with more card money coming in from both Giana sisters games

edit: apparently you need the coupons for both Giana Sisters games in order for it to register as you buying both games.  You dont need to use the coupon for the expandalone...you just need to have selected it

You are one smart fox. Can lurkers lurk my profile or just signed on members? I have slept since this question was last answered. Of course I could just sign out and see what I see so never mind.

Edited: I can see my link even when signed out. I thought that area was supposed to be a safe place for posting non-lurkable codes. Whatevah!
I wouldn't doubt most of the code lurking that happens here is from registered members anyway.

Also....not that I condone this for the Huge Seal deal

BUT if you have extra bundle keys say for like Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds Survivor and like Sword and Soldiers HD or any of the games....and you have a spare Steam account.  If you log onto that spare account....request the coupons...then add the keys it views it as you buying a game

Dont know if you need to redeem the coupon codes on the account but on this said test account they were added and it worked.

It does work...not that I did it....but....I can confirm it does work.

So I bit on the Huge Seal

I dont know if this has been posted BUT...the 80% off coupon works on the Giana Sisters Bundle...when you buy that the Huge Seal site views that as you buying TWO games...so I went with a cheapy for my last game and bought Rush. I got Anitchamber as my free game

Not bad for 4.85 in Gaben bucks

with more card money coming in from both Giana sisters games
Sadly, I think they might have fixed it :(

Tried the Giana Sisters bundle and one more game and it is only registering s 2 games :/

Sadly, I think they might have fixed it :(

Tried the Giana Sisters bundle and one more game and it is only registering s 2 games :/
I just did it

I bought the Giana sisters bundle first. Then refreshed the Huge Seal page...it registered as two games

After that I bought Rush....

I also had the coupon for the Giana sisters expandalone....that might be the key

I just did it

I bought the Giana sisters bundle first. Then refreshed the Huge Seal page...it registered as two games

After that I bought Rush....

I also had the coupon for the Giana sisters expandalone....that might be the key
Ah, I don't have that coupon. I also bought the bundle and the other game and then refreshed. Oh well. I'm almost stubbornly thinking about buying a third one just to say I got something free now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back