CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, the deal has been going on for a while (since this morning) -- didn't really think to post it here until now.  Seems like they have decent stock in most states, though.  I've heard people are having success price matching through phone orders or internet via Staples.com but it's spotty.  I doubt I'd have much success with that consider: 1) there are no Microcenters in my state; and 2) there are no Staples here, either!

Also, going to post this here: Microcenter is having a crazy sale on i7-4770k processors at $200. Unfortunately it's in-store only and the nearest Microcenter is a six hour drive. But if you live near one and are building a system you won't be seeing a price like this for a good while. They sell for $320+ everywhere else and i5-4670k's sell for $230+
The mobs on SD were able to PM to Staples and combine with a $20 coupon. I was able to score one this way for around $180 before tax.

MC in Tustin, CA will always show OOS because they have higher prices.

Also, going to post this here: Microcenter is having a crazy sale on i7-4770k processors at $200. Unfortunately it's in-store only and the nearest Microcenter is a six hour drive. But if you live near one and are building a system you won't be seeing a price like this for a good while. They sell for $320+ everywhere else and i5-4670k's sell for $230+
The i5s are going for $150 as well, I believe. I got my $200 i7 from Microcenter a couple years back. :)

I'm pretty sure I got Shadowgrounds in a humble bundle a billion years back.

Yeah, it was the Frozenbyte bundle I got to get Trine.

So check, you might already have it and not know.
Quite possibly when they gave both it and Shadowgrounds: Survivor away with the random slot "Summer Seal" thing they did, that's how I picked mine up.

There were only four games that I didn't own from the ones they were offering coupons for. 

Obviously I picked the cheapest three and will get the last one free.

The Giana Sisters huge seal coupon works on the twisted bundle, $3.60 for the game +dlc looks like a good deal to me, also bought Rush and Time Gentleman, Please! for $1 each. I got an Element4l steam key for buying those three games, I was hoping for The Swapper or Antichamber but I'll take whatever I can get (at least it wasn't shadowgrounds or universe sandbox)

The mobs on SD were able to PM to Staples and combine with a $20 coupon. I was able to score one this way for around $180 before tax.

MC in Tustin, CA will always show OOS because they have higher prices.

Question: Would Staples care where I lived? Wondering if I got them on the phone would they sell me one and ship it to an area where there is no Microcenter or physical Staples store.

Question: Would Staples care where I lived? Wondering if I got them on the phone would they sell me one and ship it to an area where there is no Microcenter or physical Staples store.
magic-8-ball1.jpg

Syntax Error said:
I've been out of the loop for the past 8 weeks or more... are cards still a thing or has that cratered completely? I haven't even looked to see what games of mine offer them now since I assume there's a triljillion.
I'm still mining cards, they're still worth it if you hold on to your steam bucks until a major sale.

also just received this pm
stoned99 said:
Dude, I'm on the verge of blocking you because of that stupid long winded post sig. Seriously I'm probably not the only one annoyed by having to read through it.
I don't see how it's long winded since it's devoid of any verbiage whatsoever.

This seems like a really cool idea to me, though I'm kinda wondering what to get. I have 19/35, most of the ones I would be interested in, but does anyone have an opinion on:
I only own 6/24... Ahh the joys of being new to bundles! (Trine 2, Mark of the Ninja, Jamestown, Awesomenauts, FTL, The Swapper.)

So there's got to be something in there worthy of this deal... but I'm just not sure what those games are.

Also, I think any bundle provider (using steam) should be required by law, BY LAW I SAY!!! to link to the steam page for the game in question...

Lastly, am I the only one who sees Twisted Sister when they look at the Giana Sister Twisted Dreams panel coupon?

I'm still mining cards, they're still worth it if you hold on to your steam bucks until a major sale.

also just received this pm
It says "tebowdragon15 likes this."

I can also see the words "midnight moon" on that moonshine bottle

I'm so sick of reading all five of those words it hurts my brain

I hate you

I only own 6/24... Ahh the joys of being new to bundles!
It is a sweet sweet feeling amirite? As for what's worthwhile: If you can find three games you want for like 65-70 percent off or more, you're golden. It might not meet that CAG 75% rule, but you get a free game, so it's worth it fo sho.

Yep, the deal has been going on for a while (since this morning) -- didn't really think to post it here until now. Seems like they have decent stock in most states, though. I've heard people are having success price matching through phone orders or internet via Staples.com but it's spotty. I doubt I'd have much success with that consider: 1) there are no Microcenters in my state; and 2) there are no Staples here, either!
Still have 10 plus in my area... Its not too far away also. Though I'm rather tight on cash right now so to buy the motherboard I need to go with it is likely too much of an issue to do... But that is the processor I want for my next build, which I hope (and need) to do soon.

Edit: Even with taxes its still a 100 dollars cheaper than the next best price at pcpartpicker.com... Anyone expecting a better or similar sale sooner rather than later...?

There is also the fact you can just hide individual signatures, so I don't see why he isn't just doing that :oldman:

Also, I think any bundle provider (using steam) should be required by law, BY LAW I SAY!!! to link to the steam page for the game in question...
Well consider The Great Seal completely legit, since if you switch the list view there are links for every game (also prices after coupons) ^_~

Still have 10 plus in my area... Its not too far away also. Though I'm rather tight on cash right now so to buy the motherboard I need to go with it is likely too much of an issue to do... But that is the processor I want for my next build, which I hope (and need) to do soon.

Edit: Even with taxes its still a 100 dollars cheaper than the next best price at pcpartpicker.com... Anyone expecting a better or similar sale sooner rather than later...?
I'd say get the CPU now. These sales only come once or twice a year if that. And I haven't checked, but doesn't Microcenter usually do bonus discounts when you bundle a MB with the CPU?

Anyway, you should get it. You'll need the extra horsepower to run the latest bundled 2D retro indie games.

I'd say get the CPU now. These sales only come once or twice a year if that. And I haven't checked, but doesn't Microcenter usually do bonus discounts when you bundle a MB with the CPU?

Anyway, you should get it. You'll need the extra horsepower to run the latest bundled 2D retro indie games.
I think it might just be on the ones they showed me... Which didn't include the one I was eyeing but I will have to look around their site...

Right now I have to get the wife up, dressed, and dropped off at a street corner so she can make me some extra money tonight.

Finally got the site to load, and I already have 26/35 of these games. I chose my coupons for the ones I don't own, but they're all at least $5 apiece after this promo. Would rather wait for bundles than use up my Gabenbux to potentially get a key for a game I already have. I ain't givin' no smack money to these jive turkeys!

IWdmEnH.gif

There is also the fact you can just hide individual signatures, so I don't see why he isn't just doing that :oldman:

Well consider The Great Seal completely legit, since if you switch the list view there are links for every game (also prices after coupons) ^_~
bad squirrel didnt do ur job i paid mysterd shall now eat u andd put u in this tummy

Skullgirls was $4.10 via Jake Nome 4-pack. It pays out 7 cards that go for about $0.25 each.

You guys knew about that doe, right?

PC threads are languishing in news-purgatory.

They do offer a discount when you buy a MB too... Seem to be 30 bucks off or 20% (as it was a 149 and now its 119)

Anyhow, I got approval to order! :lol:

CPU and MB for 347 after tax... That seems really insane.

Thanks for the heads up on this deal.  I was planning on getting an i5 4670k + Asus Z87-A MB in the next couple of months anyways.  With this deal, I can get the same MB + an i7 4770k for the exact same price as what I'd have paid for the i5.  Pretty psyched... this is my first purchase toward my next computer (which incidentally will be my first ever build, wish me luck!).

Again, thanks for the heads up... I'm super happy about this deal, which I consider a pretty nice score.  :D

Re: the card. There will probably be other deals like it. AMD seems keen on moving the 7970's now that 280x is out. I've seen similar deals in recent days.
Yeah, video card prices are in the process of dropping... So no need to stretch the budget for this deal.

Also, I've pretty much always been an ATI and AMD user myself... And I'm actually going Intel and NVIDIA this time. I'm not hugely into brand loyalty but I don't normally change when I've had good luck with certain manufactures.

This is actually part of a storewide Bohemia sale with lots of Steamworks/Steam versions of products. Nice find, Carlmundo.

According to Reddit, this is on until 11/27.

Hm. I wonder why Take on Helicopters gives you a "non-Steam" warning when the BI store doesn't appear to sell a Steam version.

Also if your a completionist they have the full Arma X on sale as well for 9.98$ (when you login from US it converts to usd)

https://store.bistudio.com/armax-aniversary-edition-steam-version
Actually just to add to this. The arma X anniversary pack is not completely complete, its just supposed to be the first 10 years, as such its missing the ACR dlc for armaII. The arma II complete pack does have that. So I guess it depends if you want more of the full arma series or just arma II

Probably in for Tiny Tina. I think that's the only DLC I'm interested in. I might actually play the game at some point in the near future now.

Actually just to add to this. The arma X anniversary pack is not completely complete, its just supposed to be the first 10 years, as such its missing the ACR dlc for armaII. The arma II complete pack does have that. So I guess it depends if you want more of the full arma series or just arma II
The Army of the Czech Republic DLC you mentioned here appears to be the only one that's missing from X. It does also include soundtracks, avatars, artwork, et cetera if you're into that sort of thing, so that's worth bearing in mind as well.

Is it just me or did the MSRPs on the helicopters games drop dramatically? Is this a sign that Bohemia is in trouble after the legal woes in Greece and brutal reviews of Arma III?

Less than one day left for the Bundle-In-A-Box Indie Strategy Bundle if anyone was still thinking about picking it up. They've had a couple of $0.99 "happy hours" for the non-BTA level and they might do that again. I've heard some really good things about The Trouble With Robots but haven't had a chance to play it yet (of course).

For those that are wondering, if purchased individually, the BL2 GOTY content comes to about $21 vs $28 for the actual current GOTY version.  That is assuming GMG's 20% off voucher works on each item.  It won't include the "Premiere Club" content, but you won't miss it.

Edit: Check that, about $18 for it all individually.  On the main sale page the MSRP for the Season Pass is $39.95, but the item page (for NA at least) is showing $29.95, making it $7.9x after discount.

After all the time waiting, I'll wait for BL 2 GOTY complete platinum full gold version
with every damn dlc yo it be gamersgates 5bucks glitch sale next year or steam glitch next year! then i buy aint got time for non-complete bs goty give me all dlc and humble bundle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back