CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have an opinion of World of Zoo? I think that was a THQ game. Is it simple enough that kids would have fun with it? Thanks.

Does anyone have an opinion of World of Zoo? I think that was a THQ game. Is it simple enough that kids would have fun with it? Thanks.

I was thinking about it too, maybe my kids will like it

CODE DROP:

The 39 Steps
B8I73-RZ9DI-LMPVM

Lucius
B7QQT-WQE2J-L7TDG

Star Wolves 3
B7CTG-W53Q3-G58XH

Hard Reset Extended Edition
9MATX-LJ0PJ-GXEQ3

Huntsman The Orphanage
3IFYX-N8DBF-LLMJZ

Is Aura worth a buck and a quarter? I know Myst-clones aren't everyone's cuppa, but I enjoy them, so the question is: Is Aura a *good* Myst clone?

CODE DROP:

The 39 Steps
B8I73-RZ9DI-LMPVM

Lucius
B7QQT-WQE2J-L7TDG

Star Wolves 3
B7CTG-W53Q3-G58XH

Hard Reset Extended Edition
9MATX-LJ0PJ-GXEQ3

Huntsman The Orphanage
3IFYX-N8DBF-LLMJZ
Grabbed Lucius thanks.

Dan Marshall (the Ben and Dan guy) tweeted about a sale that started today: Huge Seal.

http://www.hugeseal.com/

There are 35 indie games on sale there. You sign in with your Steam account (the same way you sign into SteamGifts and such) and it lets you grab up to five discount coupons for the games you want. If you buy a game with one of the coupons, it'll take note of it and give you an extra coupon after going back to the site. Once you buy three games with the coupons, the site will give you a free game that you don't own, chosen at random.

There's some good stuff there - La Mulana, Rochard, Gianna Sisters, and such. They're not as cheap as they have been but some of the games have decent discounts.

This is run by Frozenbyte, and I think they had a similar sale last year but it was a lottery type thing.

U B tripp'n fool... (Is that close to teobowish?)

Deep Black I've played the demo on the 360 and undoubtedly its been improved on in this time since they want far more on PC than they ever did on the 360 but what I played really earned that 39 metacrtic score its got...

And do you realize how bad of a game you have to have to get the user score lower than a 39...?

Which all sucks... because its got an interesting concept game play wise but it just doesn't work well to justify 7.50
nah i dont care bout critics i care bout my guts and heart if it say yes yo critics are bser to me as long i like it doesnt matter

Not to detract from another batch of riveting weeklong deals, but World Basketball Tycoon (or World Basketball Manager Tycoon if you want to be pedantic), came out today.  I hope this doesn't make all those leftover World Basketball Manager 2010 steam gifts I have plummet in value.

ss_ce1c692635f08891526ae4a4c10b86dc00d7e962.1920x1080.jpg

Kabe approved! 

Dan Marshall (the Ben and Dan guy) tweeted about a sale that started today: Huge Seal.

http://www.hugeseal.com/

There are 35 indie games on sale there. You sign in with your Steam account (the same way you sign into SteamGifts and such) and it lets you grab up to five discount coupons for the games you want. If you buy a game with one of the coupons, it'll take note of it and give you an extra coupon after going back to the site. Once you buy three games with the coupons, the site will give you a free game that you don't own, chosen at random.

There's some good stuff there - La Mulana, Rochard, Gianna Sisters, and such. They're not as cheap as they have been but some of the games have decent discounts.

This is run by Frozenbyte, and I think they had a similar sale last year but it was a lottery type thing.
This seems like a really cool idea to me, though I'm kinda wondering what to get. I have 19/35, most of the ones I would be interested in, but does anyone have an opinion on:

Reus $3.40

Element4l $4.99

Legend of Grimrock $3.75

Death Rally $2.00

Universe Sandbox $2.49

The cheap part of me says to just buy the lowest priced games and hope I get something more valuable, but the slightly more reasonable gamer side says get games i'd actually play and hope they don't give me shadowgrounds :whistle2:k

This seems like a really cool idea to me, though I'm kinda wondering what to get. I have 19/35, most of the ones I would be interested in, but does anyone have an opinion on:

Reus
Element4l
Legend of Grimrock
Death Rally
Universe Sandbox

The cheap part of me says to just buy the lowest priced games and hope I get something more valuable, but the slightly more reasonable gamer side says get games i'd actually play and hope they don't give me shadowgrounds :whistle2:k
And the more reasonable side of you says to wait for the winter sales and the most reasonable side of you says wait for them to be bundled. ;)

Reus

Element4l

Legend of Grimrock

Death Rally

Universe Sandbox

I purchased Ben There, Edge, and Rush. Received Swords & soldiers as free game :???:

Reus

Element4l

Legend of Grimrock

Death Rally

Universe Sandbox

friend loves legend of grimrock death rally is not bad game it was 90% coupon before but it is fun when i play it i love it since it was only racing game i had lololol but it fun little power up to hit people with espically me hitting u with hehh e

The point of signing into the site is that you don't get a duplicate game. I think.

This is a decent price for the Gianna Sisters games but I'm having a hard time choosing a third game... and with my luck I'll get a game I'll never play, like Universe Sandbox or CubeTractor.

The point of signing into the site is that you don't get a duplicate game. I think.

This is a decent price for the Gianna Sisters games but I'm having a hard time choosing a third game... and with my luck I'll get a game I'll never play, like Universe Sandbox or CubeTractor.
any of it has cards?

Did you already own Swords & Soldiers?
No, I had just forgotten about it when calculating which cheap games to buy. I had assumed (very possibly correctly) that the free games will usually be the bundled and the cheap. I kinda want to get Reus, though, and maybe Element4l. Could pick up Deathtrack as well to bag that "free" game.

Cool idea.  Too bad I own too much.  

Only way it would work for me would be Giana Sisters, Universe Sandbox, and Mutant Blob Attacks.

Then some free game.

But not really worth it even if I get Monaco or Antichamber.

Giana Sisters just feels like it's sucking out a few sales before being bundled.  Mutant Blob has been cheaper.  I don't want to play Universe Sandbox. 

I can find three games in that promo I don't mind paying for, but I know I can get them all the same price or cheaper if I wait for a sale or bundle. It'd only be worth it if I got Monaco, Swapper, or Antichamber as the free game...don't feel like gambling on it.

LOL @ Steam trolling GOG w/ Jade Empire sale.

Now all we need is Gamersgate to troll GOG and put D&D Anthology: Master Collection on sale CHEAP:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection
A few months ago they had that on sale for 5 bucks

This was after I had bought all the games in the anthology on sale from GOG (save baldurs gate, which I already had), for around 15 or 16 dollars.

I was so pissed.

Edit: I have Star Wolves 3 from the Indie Gala Bundle. I already had the game -it was actually given to me, so I feel the need to do the same as CAG karma. So if anybody wants it, send me a PM. BTDubbs - it has cards. So even if you have zero interest in it you can make some Gaben Bux off of it.

Dubble Edit Action: Star Wolves 3 has been taken

A few months ago they had that on sale for 5 bucks

This was after I had bought all the games in the anthology on sale from GOG (save baldurs gate, which I already had), for around 15 or 16 dollars.

I was so pissed.
Oh, man - that's to getting sale-trolled. :(

Sucks when that happens.

Second attempt, received Antichamber this time :) . Decent site, I hope they stick around for a while, after they make the site a bit more stable.

Second attempt, received Antichamber this time :) . Decent site, I hope they stick around for a while, after they make the site a bit more stable.
Damn..you get antichamber, hal gets monaco. This is tempting me...but naturally I'd get shadowgrounds or skulls of the shogun or some game i have no interest in like that.

I'm pretty sure I got Shadowgrounds in a humble bundle a billion years back. 

Yeah, it was the Frozenbyte bundle I got to get Trine.

So check, you might already have it and not know.

Thanks.  Checked out a press release as the site isn't loading on my (temporary) Mac for some reason.  Have basically everything I want from that promo but Reus so guess I'll pass as it looks like you have to buy multiple games to get the good discounts.

Also, going to post this here: Microcenter is having a crazy sale on i7-4770k processors at $200.  Unfortunately it's in-store only and the nearest Microcenter is a six hour drive.  But if you live near one and are building a system you won't be seeing a price like this for a good while.  They sell for $320+ everywhere else and i5-4670k's sell for $230+

Also, going to post this here: Microcenter is having a crazy sale on i7-4770k processors at $200. Unfortunately it's in-store only and the nearest Microcenter is a six hour drive. But if you live near one and are building a system you won't be seeing a price like this for a good while. They sell for $320+ everywhere else and i5-4670k's sell for $230+
And wouldn't you know it, they're out of stock in the only Microcenter in my state. Bah!

Thanks anyway. I'd like your post, but I'm fresh out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back