CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
You forgot: With Russian pricing! Also you guys and your crazy HD requirements. I rarely have more than three or four games installed at once.
Well, word documents containing your 1000s upon 1000s of pages of manifestos about why all game suck would take up considerably less space than games.

Wat?!?!

1389059955931.jpg

Waaaat?!?!

Gigabyte-WindForce-GTX-760.jpg

If I could get a ~$250 Steam Machine with an APU running Steam OS I'd probably get one. A nicely built machine that was compact, quiet, and cool for local indies, streamed games from my desktop, and MythTV (I already use a HTPC DVR setup) sounds great to me.

So you're saying the game passed him a note that said, "DO U LIKE ME? Y / N" and he felt so bad, he circled "Y"?
No, I'm saying the game turned to him mid-intercourse and said "I like you" and he said "I like you too" because it was the least awkward thing to say and also, he didn't want to stop.

So you're saying...I own a delisted game?

:pray: :whee: :D/

Actually that's not quite true. The Steam versions of Rayman Origins, Call of Juarez, and now Rocksmith 2014 don't require uPlay to run, so at least a few (typically their smaller games or franchises) are exception to the general ubisoft/uplay rule.

eQ7VBxn.png
Most of their old games doesn't require uPlay, Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes was the first Ubisoft game I bought from steam that doesn't require uPlay, the same goes for Heroes of Might & Magic V.

Wat?!?!

1389059955931.jpg
That is around the size of OUYA except that OUYA has a slicker design.

ouyahedimg620x340px.jpg

Just popping in real quick to say:

If you're ever feeling down, play Pinball FX

That is all.
Certainly quite the FPS, I must say. ;)

EDIT:

I'm also in the Elder Scrolls Beta. And I'm not excited.
That's b/c everybody probably really wants Fallout 4. ;)

I know that's what I want.

And for it to be moddable and offline-only, too. ;)

So you're saying...I own a delisted game?

:pray: :whee: :D/

Actually that's not quite true. The Steam versions of Rayman Origins, Call of Juarez, and now Rocksmith 2014 don't require uPlay to run, so at least a few (typically their smaller games or franchises) are exception to the general ubisoft/uplay rule.

eQ7VBxn.png
And this flag will likely be waved by everybody who probably bought Aliens: CM + London 2012 for $2 each last month. ;)

Oh, huh. Just realized I never bought Savant Ascent on the final day of the sale as planned. Derp.

Also, I continue to be disappointed I missed the Build A Doujin Bundle. Left it for the last day, and then ended up away from the computer too long. Grumble.

I played that for about ten hours before I realized it's just life in fast motion. I can just redecorate my own house versus doing it in a game!
The last time I enjoyed a The SIms game was back in college where friends asked me to add them to my neighborhood and wanted to know how they were getting by. Without the social aspect, the next iteration felt alarmingly uninteresting.

Fortunately, now there's Facebook which, in a sense, functions in the same way as the original game. Just with slightly fewer house fires.

Certainly quite the FPS, I must say. ;)

EDIT:

That's b/c everybody probably really wants Fallout 4. ;)

I know that's what I want.

And for it to be moddable and offline-only, too. ;)
Remember the Fallout 4 Hoax?

[youtube]http://youtu.be/IAKZPPHdeOo[/youtube]

However there are some leaked documents that suggest Fallout 4 is real.

original.png

original.png

Oh, huh. Just realized I never bought Savant Ascent on the final day of the sale as planned. Derp.
If it makes you feel any better, since Savant is out on the Humble Store with versions available for PC, Mac, Linux, and Android, it's a very likely candidate for their next Humble Mobile Bundle.

Great game with an awesome soundtrack. Easily worth the $1 I paid for it and then some.

If it makes you feel any better, since Savant is out on the Humble Store with versions available for PC, Mac, Linux, and Android, it's a very likely candidate for their next Humble Mobile Bundle.

Great game with an awesome soundtrack. Easily worth the $1 I paid for it and then some.

Yeah, I figured the chances for bundling were good, but that it was worth the buck to have now. I did grab Unholy Heights at only half off by similar reasoning, though. Maybe I'll throw some time at that one soon instead.

y cant war change?
War has changed.

It's not about nations, or ideologies.
It's not even about profit, resources, or ethnicity.

It's an endless series of proxy battles,
fought by mercenaries and machines.

War, and its vast consumption of human life,
has become a rational, well-oiled business transaction.

War has changed.

ID-tagged soldiers carry ID-tagged weapons,
use ID-tagged gear.

Nanomachines inside their bodies
enhance and regulate their actions.

Genetic control.. Information control..
Emotion control.. Battlefield control.

Everything is monitored, and kept under control.

War has changed.

The age of deterrence is now the age of control,
averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction.

And he who controls the battlefield, controls history.

War has changed.

When the battlefield is under total control,

War becomes routine.

$700 for a 760 card and i3 CPU is pretty meh.
Pairing an i3 with a 760 seem strange to me... I don't know for sure, but I don't think the i3 could keep up with everything the 760 can handle. I'm sometimes CPU-limited with my X3-720 and GTX 660... somewhat rare but it happens (TSW comes to mind... trying to remember which couple single-player games...)

Neither.

I imagine a lot of people will expect these to have a flavor of Windows even if it says it doesn't. People see a computer and they expect Windows, not a Linux variant.
If they're sold as consoles the question is: what games do they have?

If I could get a ~$250 Steam Machine with an APU running Steam OS I'd probably get one. A nicely built machine that was compact, quiet, and cool for local indies, streamed games from my desktop, and MythTV (I already use a HTPC DVR setup) sounds great to me.
This is the segment that makes most sense to me because (1) most of the steam-linux library is graphically undemanding (indie or source-engine) and (2) at higher price points it becomes a normal gaming PC.

And this flag will likely be waved by everybody who probably bought Aliens: CM + London 2012 for $2 each last month. ;)
y u dis London 2012?

y cant war change?
I see someone doesn't have experience with military contracts...

Crazy request I know, but does anyone have a spare Steam key for Metro 2033? I have a friend with an FPS itch, and I figure this will be a good intro to the genre.

Pairing an i3 with a 760 seem strange to me... I don't know for sure, but I don't think the i3 could keep up with everything the 760 can handle. I'm sometimes CPU-limited with my X3-720 and GTX 660... somewhat rare but it happens (TSW comes to mind... trying to remember which couple single-player games...)
nah it should be fine most i3 are much faster than your 720

http://www.anandtech.com/Bench/CPU/2

generally I cant recall a game- that any recent cpu wont reach 60 fps(except civ 5)

and thats the target frames for most(even more so for the budget concsious)

bigger values are mostly for stats and benchmarks

in any way i dont think that 760 would be cpu bound from these i3-

should be sameish to phenom 955

maybe worst case 90-95 % gpu usage in very few scenarios,but thats negligible anyway

30 Under 30 Who Are Changing The World 2014

Some notable names from the video gaming scene. To read the full article, please click on the link above.

• Palmer Luckey, 21, CEO, Oculus VR
Endorsements from game industry icons including Valve's Gabe Newell and id Software's John Carmack helped Luckey raise $2.4 million in a 2012 Kickstarter campaign. The year-old company has  since raised over $91 million from venture capitalists and consumers should be able to buy the Oculus VR headsets for a price of $300 sometime later this year.

• John Graham, 27, Cofounder, Humble Bundle
Creator of Humble Bundle Inc, whose downloadable collections ("bundles") of games are sold for short periods at low prices. They've been embraced by publishers as a way to sell back-catalog games and raise interest in new titles, and the "Humble Indie Bundles" have had a huge impact on independent developers, getting their games into the hands of millions of users.

• Anthony Burch, 25, Lead writer, Gearbox Software
Perhaps best known as the creator and producer of "Hey Ash, Whatcha Playing?", an independently-produced web video series. In his day job at Gearbox Software, he wrote the critically acclaimed and best-selling game Borderlands 2.

• Alexander Bruce, 27, Owner, Demruth
The Australian designer of "Antichamber" created a first-person puzzle-platform video game that sends players exploring strange non-Euclidean landscapes. Released by his own one-man company, it has reached sales of $4 million in just over two years.

• Davey Wreden, 25, Creative mistress, Galactic Cafe
Wreden wrote the critically acclaimed indie game "The Stanley Parable," which parodies and critiques the conventions of modern video games, including itself. As co-founder of publisher Galactic Cafe, he also developed a smart marketing campaign that used YouTube personalities and game industry veterans to develop strong word-of-mouth and drive outsized sales for his unconventional game.

• Terry Cavanagh, 29, Director, Distractionware Limited
Cavanagh is a prolific designer of smart, often experimental game like VVVVVV. His 2012 release Super Hexagon, was a finalist for the Best Design award at the Independent Games Festival, audience choice winner at Fantastic Arcade, and a finalist for Game of the Year on Apple's App Store.

• Matthew Davis, 28, Cofounder, Subset Games
Co-creator of the hit PC game FTL: Faster Than Light, Davis and his partner Justin Ma raised $200,000 to publish the game via a 2012 Kickstarter campaign; since its release, FTL has won numerous accolades.

• Justin Ma, 28, Cofounder, Subset Games
Justin Ma got his break working for 2K Games in Shanghai, China on title such as BioShock 2. In 2011 he started Subset Games with Matthew Davis, and worked as artist and co-designer on FTL: Faster Than Light.

• Tom Jubert, 29, Narrative designer
Jubert is a freelance game writer whose work includes both critically acclaimed indie titles (FTL, The Swapper, and the Penumbra series) and franchise games from major publishers (Driver: San Francisco).

• Amir Rao, 29, Studio director, Supergiant Games
Co-founder of Supergiant Games and co-creator of the action role-playing video game Bastion, which has sold over 2.2 million copies since 2011 and won multiple awards at competitions. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back