CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Humble Bundle X is now live.

Humble Indie Bundle X: Pay what you want for Papo & Yo, BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner 2, To the Moon and Joe Danger 2: The Movie. Pay more than the average price to also unlock Reus and Surgeon Simulator 2013. All these games are available DRM-free for WIndows, Mac and Linux. Steam redemption is available with purchases of $1 or more.

Additionally, the first 1000 purchases of $9.99+ received Starbound, but those were gone in the first minute, it looks like.  It pushed the average up from $7-something to over nine dollars between refreshes.

No, it won't - but the games will sure be cheaper.
Eh, with a $30 to $35 yearly PS Plus subscription and with their 75% off sales every week, PSN games are not significantly more expensive than PC games. There is the lack of bundles, but you won't be breaking the bank on PSN if you shop right.

I think the streaming Steambox might sell adequately, but the mid-to-high end machines are not going to charm the pants off anyone with some PC/linux know-how.

The reason they would possibly want to do so is to hedge against some move by MS that cripples Windows as a gaming OS. That's why Steam is experimenting with SteamOS.
This. The goal from day one with SteamOS has been to take preemptive measures against Microsoft trying to dictate the PC gaming future. I'm hoping this idea and project succeeds to force some good old fashion market competition. If nothing else, GabeN's side jabs at Microsoft have been fun to read.

tumblr_myp7m2xT0i1slv2klo1_500.jpg
I said indie games, not game. Man does not live on Towerfall alone.

I'd say my 'buy rate' for Humble Bundles (excluding weeklies) is probably around 60-70%.  This one, though, is (personally speaking) one of their worst both content and value wise.

I don't think it's necessarily going to fail. Have to start somewhere. The fact that Gabe has gotten these major computer manufacturers to buy into his scheme is a huge step forward in establishing himself. AAA publishers will eventually sign on, it's just a matter of time. I think where they might be successful initially is in the $200ish tier streaming/integrated units for casual gamers who are just happy with indie games. I don't see anyone buying the $600+ units that will actually contain dedicated GPUs. I can't imagine who is going to buy the $1,500 - $2,500 units (lol @ the one with two Titans) other than people with money to burn and little knowledge of computers.
Two points:

1) I don't think Steam is sticking their neck out financially on this... their partners have more to lose imo. The main thing Valve loses it's chance for a successful introduction.

2) I think we're missing the other option... it's a PC so it's upgradable... ship a low end-configuration (AMD APU or i3+GTX 650) that can get a GPU upgrade later... once some games need it.

SteamOS is really just Big Picture mode on Linux.. so if you wanted to use it you could use Big Picture mode and get nearly the same experience.
Yeah, but then you get a working web browser...

For $250 or less you can also get a PS3. Which is capable of playing indies from PSN and Streaming. And also some other stuff I think. Like AAA games.
Excellent point! Much better game selection.

These are the few games that were in bundles before getting greenlit.

• Ethan: Meteor Hunter
  • Farm for your Life
  • MANOS: The Hands of Fate
  • Marvin's Mittens
  • One Way Heroics

I have an extra copy of Surgeon Simulator, Papo & Yo, and Bit Trip Runner 2.  I can recommend all three of these games as I've somehow played them between my Risk of Rain play sessions.  I highly recommend Surgeon Simulator particularly for anyone with an Oculus Rift and Razer Hydra... probably my favorite Steam game to use with those 2 peripherals.

First come first serve to any Steam CAG regulars who answer this question:

Which awesome CAG user created customized Steam trading card profile images for a ton of CAG regulars last year?

Please answer the question then let me know if you want any of the three aforementioned games.  Please number them in order of priority; if your first choice is already gone, I'll give you the next available :)

I have an extra copy of Surgeon Simulator, Papo & Yo, and Bit Trip Runner 2. I can recommend all three of these games as I've somehow played them between my Risk of Rain play sessions. I highly recommend Surgeon Simulator particularly for anyone with an Oculus Rift and Razer Hydra... probably my favorite Steam game to use with those 2 peripherals.

First come first serve to any Steam CAG regulars who answer this question:

Which awesome CAG user created customized Steam trading card profile images for a ton of CAG regulars last year?

Please answer the question then let me know if you want any of the three aforementioned games. Please number them in order of priority; if your first choice is already gone, I'll give you the next available :)
I think I remember right… if I got it wrong it's embarrassing since I'm using one. If it's actually YOU I'd feel even worse. :whistle2:&

I think I remember right… if I got it wrong it's embarrassing since I'm using one. If it's actually YOU I'd feel even worse. :whistle2:&
I was the same way.. I'm glad I guessed it right, or I would have felt terrible. Oh and thanks imac2much for Surgeon Sim!

I told him to undercut you by a penny every three minutes.  It's okay, just take out your 780 card and mail it to me.  You can have my 770.

Giving away copies of Assetto Corsa and other games, if you're interested!
I WON ASSETTO CORSA AND I AM SHOUTING IT OUT TO EVERYONE IN ALL CAAAAPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Thanks Carlmundo! I just figured out how to sign up for Twitch and follow your streams. My lucky day. :bow: :whee: :D/

I WON ASSETTO CORSA AND I AM SHOUTING IT OUT TO EVERYONE IN ALL CAAAAPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Thanks Carlmundo! I just figured out how to sign up for Twitch and follow your streams. My lucky day. :bow: :whee: :D/
Carlmundo's giveaways/playthroughs are great IMO. They just usually fall in the middle of the work day for me so I can't check em out.

Why do they still have Greenlight? It should be called Shitstorm due to all of the bad games being released after approval requirements were lowered. And it retains the water theme, just like Gabe and Steam itself.
Well it's not like all the bad games on Steam come in through Greenlight either.

These are the few games that were in bundles before getting greenlit.

• Ethan: Meteor Hunter
  • Farm for your Life
  • MANOS: The Hands of Fate
  • Marvin's Mittens
  • One Way Heroics
Thanks. Glad to hear that Ethan: Meteor Hunter got greenlit. I picked it up in the Groupees Bundle. From what i've read, the devs have had a rough go of it.

We're going to need a CAG Assetto Corsa group pretty soon.

Actually CAGAC would make for a sweet name.

Giving away copies of Assetto Corsa and other games, if you're interested!

http://twitch.tv/carlmundo

I'm pretty excited! I won a copy as well! I am really looking forward to this one too, I even had it at the top of my wishlist! Thanks Carl for doing these giveaways!

We're going to need a CAG Assetto Corsa group pretty soon.

Actually CAGAC would make for a pretty sweet name.
I've been thinking of a CAG Sim Racing group... and maybe just a CAG Racing (General)

I think eveyone execpt Palinn who owns AC is already on my friends list

Kudos to you on your win. And kudos to you on your excellent new avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back