CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 5 of these useless coupons too. own everything but broken age.

some news about cheating on steam

Company tries to thwart cheat developers by making it financially unfeasible
In response to a Reddit thread claiming that the Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) program records users’ browsing history, Valve co-founder Gabe Newell replied that it isn’t the case. Newell broached the subject on his own Reddit thread to provide an explanation of how VAC works in order to refute these claims.

Newell brought up the topic of cheat developers who, according to Newell, have difficulty in getting users to pay them. This has resulted in cheat developers programming DRM and anti-cheat codes for their product creations in order to get paid. To do this, however, the cheat program will send out a call to a DRM server in order to authenticate whether or not it was actually paid for.

What VAC does, Newell said, is check “for the presence of such cheats.” He explained, “If they were detected VAC then checked to see which cheat DRM server was being contacted. This second check was done by looking for a partial match to those (non-web) cheat DRM servers in the DNS cache. If found, then hashes of the matching DNS entries were sent to the VAC servers. The match was double checked on our servers and then that client was marked for a future ban. Less than a tenth of one percent of clients triggered the second check. 570 cheaters are being banned as a result.”

csgo.png

For Valve, trust is an important part of the multiplayer community and, according to Newell, “Cheat versus trust is an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. New cheats are created all the time, detected, banned, and tweaked. This specific VAC test for this specific round of cheats was effective for 13 days, which is fairly typical. It is now no longer active as the cheat providers have worked around it by manipulating the DNS cache of their customers' client machines.”

Because kernel-level cheats are expensive to create, Valve’s goal, Newell said, “is to make them (cheats) more expensive for cheaters and cheat creators than the economic benefits they can reasonably expect to gain.”

Newell went on to explain that the accusations made against Valve are a form of attack from cheat developers hoping to cause mistrust between Valve and its consumers. He ended his post saying, “Our response is to make it clear what we were actually doing and why with enough transparency that people can make their own judgments as to whether or not we are trustworthy.”
kalashz+rolls+33+_a7e157d38469aae592be1cea5b5d87a9.gif

I was just noticing that the Aqua Kitty coupon doesn't have the usual disclaimer of not stacking. C'mon sale!

(fat chance, it's new. It's on my wishlist). :(
It's a mobile port and bundle fodder anyway, I'd wait for a bundle. I played it on my vita for free and it was.. alright.

Ermm... somehow I pushed a button and Guacamelee is in French. Can't seem to find any language options to change it back, either. Any thoughts?
It's supposed to be in French. Guacamelee is heavily influenced by French culture, idiot. Including the language.

Maybe you should learn French before you play it?

PSA: A shit ton of people got Double Fine and Milk Kitty coupons. WE KNOW

I had to check because I don't pay attention to what the hell I own on Origin but yeah I have Battlefield 3 and 2 and 1942 there. I guess I should give it a shot some time just to say I did.
Battlefield 2 and 2142 are multiplayer only I believe.

If no one wants their Aqua Kitty coupon, could I have it ?

Naked Snake Eyes was kind enough to give me his.

I hear they're stackable and I really want that game lol.

I'm a crazy cat lady.

Thanks Naked!

If no one wants their Aqua Kitty coupon, could I have it ?

Naked Snake Eyes was kind enough to give me his.

I hear they're stackable and I really want that game lol.

I'm a crazy cat lady.
By stackable they meant it stacks with sale prices, not that you can use multiple coupons to get a better price.

By stackable it means stackable with sales.  You can't use multiple coupons together.

Beaten.

Ah cool. Thanks a lot for that!

I like twitchy!

I pretty sure I haven't played Ninja Gaiden in over 20 years... I'm not sure I've recovered from that bit of childhood trauma.

Aww sorry.

Reminds me why I don't like puppies. ;) Kitties rarely destroy anything.
My cats destroyed 2 or 3 of my headphones and Wii bar cable.

Although I'm sure puppies would have destroyed them faster with more severe destruction.

After the mini update and the unwanted coupons, I can't put any trading cards on the market place. I've restarted Steam about 10 times now, to no avail. Anyone know a fix for this?

Steam spamming me too with coupons

AquaKitti -30% stackable

5x -25% Broken Age non-stackable

-75% Shadow Warrior, stackable

-75% Rise of The Triad, stacabkle
I launched Steam and saw I had 6 new items in my inventory and was super excited. Then I saw they were all Steam coupons... no longer as excited.

I pretty much got the exact same coupons as you, but only 3x -25% Broken Age coupons. I wonder why Steam decided to burp out all of these coupons all of the sudden. Was this Valve's attempt at "making it rain"?

I only got one Broken Age coupon (and one Aqua Kitty coupon, and nothing else), and I own 5 DoubleFine games - including Broken Age ...

I got 2 broken age coupons and 1 aqua kitty coupon. I wish it was the half life gifts instead. I still don't have the original half life or half life 2 episode 1 and 2. One of these days I got to get around to picking them up during one of the sales cause I really enjoyed half life 2.

After the mini update and the unwanted coupons, I can't put any trading cards on the market place. I've restarted Steam about 10 times now, to no avail. Anyone know a fix for this?
Same problem here, it gives me the message about having to make a purchase within a year, which I have.

I for one can't wait to use all 4 of my broken age coupons. I've always wanted to buy a game I was moderately interested in four times at a 25% discount.

I beat AC: Liberation recently.... so here's a montage of bugs:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=229713613
I don't think kneeing a dude off the ledge or getting one guy to accidentally kill the other should be considered bugs.

I had this huge pain in the ass when you have to guard a raft down the river and the entire right side of the raft was unclimbable, but they wanted you to run back and forth off the raft without hitting the water, wtf.

Same problem here, it gives me the message about having to make a purchase within a year, which I have.
Exactly. There's several threads on Valve/Steam's message boards about this same issue. My Steam just took another dump, so I'm hoping it's fixed now, but not holding my breath.

Edit: Just restarted Steam and nope, same bullshit.

Dammit you guys, I go see a movie and I've got four pages of this thread to catch up on when I get back??? I'm supposed to be getting work done right now...

Fake or not, this was the one I had in my Amazon wishlist for a while. I don't know the truth behind it, but have read most of the problem fakes are the ones labeled with Xbox 360 as opposed to Microsoft. Either way, the reviews seem solid enough. I was intending to buy it myself for my HTPC while testing the Steam Streaming but ended up just buying a used controller/receiver combo on eBay.
Okay, I decided to gamble and order it. Turns out mine is labelled "XBOX 360," not "Microsoft," so I most likely got a dud. Hope I get a working one this time.

I pretty sure I haven't played Ninja Gaiden in over 20 years... I'm not sure I've recovered from that bit of childhood trauma.
You missed Black, then. Probably my favorite game on Xbox, it was so rad. For the first time I could fulfill my childhood fantasy in what felt like a true ninja simulator, and it retained all the bonkers demonic elements of the originals.

I have a coupon for 30% off Asheskitty.  I looked in her signature to see what her lowest price has been so far.  What do you think the chances are of her being in a bundle with other CAG racing game enthusiasts in the near future?  Dare I ask whether she's stackable?

I have a coupon for 30% off Asheskitty. I looked in her signature to see what her lowest price has been so far. What do you think the chances are of her being in a bundle with other CAG racing game enthusiasts in the near future? Dare I ask whether she's stackable?
FAKE CAG ALERT!!! A REAL CAG wouldn't pay for Asheskitty. Not one red cent.

I have a coupon for 30% off Asheskitty. I looked in her signature to see what her lowest price has been so far. What do you think the chances are of her being in a bundle with other CAG racing game enthusiasts in the near future? Dare I ask whether she's stackable?
Yeah, but her DLC is never on friggin sale :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back