CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
What's all in JC2 dlc? Anything good?

Also, boo, no good regional pricing on Godus.
Why da fuq would you want this game?

Edit: Overall, this sale hasn't been too bad (for me)

It's just everythang I wanted from it went on sale like, the first day

Hasn't been any excitement since. At least outside of the Dishonored glitch I missed...grumble grumble blargghlesauce

What's all in JC2 dlc? Anything good?
Nothing terribly important, guns and cars. You have to call up da choppa and have them delivered in game, which usually makes it not worth the time.

But I bought it anyway, because JC2 might be my favorite game of all time, and I felt a little guilty for not owning the DLC.

...not guilty enough to have paid more than a handful of gabenpennies though.

I know I shouldn't... but for $5 or less I'd give it a whirl. Monlyneaux is the great deceiver.
If you want a good god game you could go w/any of the newer populuses or black and white

Or reus

I wouldn't touch any early access from Molyneux. Wait til the game's done to see if it's any good

If you want a good god game you could go w/any of the newer populuses or black and white

Or reus

I wouldn't touch any early access from Molyneux. Wait til the game's done to see if it's any good
I'm actually looking forward to that upcoming 'Banished' game -- if it's $15 or less I'd probably preorder.

Is Brave New World worth pulling the trigger on at $10? I hate playing a game knowing there's a critical expansion out that I don't have. Chances it goes 75% off for the Winter Culling.... errrr, Sale?

Is Brave New World worth pulling the trigger on at $10? I hate playing a game knowing there's a critical expansion out that I don't have. Chances it goes 75% off for the Winter Culling.... errrr, Sale?
Pretty sure Amazon has had some deals/bundles for Civ5 you might want to check in the Amazon thread.

Think GMG had it for $10 before voucher, which would have put it at around $8. I'm sure you'll see that deal again during the winter sales, if not $7.50 or maybe less...good chance it hits Editor's Choice if you have Amazon credits also...but we won't know that list until after the sales are over.

It's definitely worth $7.50. Trade Routes add lots of functionality.

Any idea if there will be a recap day on this sale?  I was out of the country for the first couple days so missed out on some games I was hoping to pick up.

Some price comparisons, courtesy of Enhanced Steam:

Daily

Payday 2 - has been cheaper ($9.99) on Amazon

Fez - never cheaper, but has been bundled once

Godus - never cheaper

Far Cry 3 - never cheaper

Metro LL - never cheaper

Civ V - has been cheaper ($4.31) at Nuuvem

The Wolf Among Us - has never been cheaper

Torchlight 2 - has never been cheaper

Portal 2 - has never been cheaper

Flash

Darksiders 2 - has been cheaper ($7.49) at GameTap and bundled twice

NBA 2K14 - has never been cheaper

Just Cause 2 - has never been cheaper

Rocksmith 2014 - has been cheaper ($39.99) at Amazon

Would be hilarious but fitting.  Recap day on 4 day sale.  Anyway, the entire Holiday sale in three weeks will recap 90% of these deals.

it should be $20 max.
And then it would be 50% off.

Apparently the bundles DS2 has been in didn't devalue it much for anyone who doesn't watch deals like we do.

They have the sales data, so they know if selling the game at $10 is working or not, and as it keeps showing up at $8-$12 it clearly is.

We're a niche crowd that publishers/retailers aren't very interested in placating.

Except for Tony.

He's an anomaly and probably cares about the work he does too much.

Grabbed Brave New World which was the main thing I was wanting from the sale. Probably done except for a few odds or ends I might pick up before the last day.

or that, although thats the price fo the 1st one, and ds 2 just came out a year ago

Yeah but it sucked ass. First game was good but it's so old and bare bones that it should be $15 max. 2 could be up to $25 I guess. I was so disappointed with it.

I know this probably isn't too big of a deal for most everyone but the Civ 5 scrambled map packs are both 75% off ($1.24 each) even though the main game page lists one at 50% off and the other at full price.

According to SteamPrices, the MSRP dropped to $40 last December, but went back up to $50 in January. Nordic Games is really trying to get back the money they spent buying up THQ's properties.
Given how well Darksiders II did at the initial auction, I'm guessing Nordic only has to sell three copies at MSRP to start turning a profit ;)

Yeah but it sucked ass. First game was good but it's so old and bare bones that it should be $15 max. 2 could be up to $25 I guess. I was so disappointed with it.
Darksiders 1 had the better story, but Darksiders 2's gameplay was leaps and bounds better. The biggest problem with 2 is that Vigil wanted to make the game too large, and then didn't have the time/money for it, so the second half of the game is very linear.

Remember during the Summer sale they had those cards, and even though there were fifty thousand of each card, they still sold for around thirty cents each? Imagine if they did something like that now. The price of the cards would sink like a stone to three cents and you'd list it but you'd still be behind thousands of other people who listed it first and then when, OR IF, it finally sold, you'd only make one penny and then Gaben would laugh at you as he collects his Steam tax and then he'd do a sick 1080 backflip into his money bin a la Scrooge McDuck.
There are still that many (fnot more) in circulation, despite there not being any more generated (supposedly), and there's still mid-double-digits of each card being sold every hour. Meanwhile, I have crappy emotes and backgrounds still up since July.

There are still that many (fnot more) in circulation, despite there not being any more generated (supposedly), and there's still mid-double-digits of each card being sold every hour. Meanwhile, I have crappy emotes and backgrounds still up since July.
:spacepony:

Fack. What didn't you like about it? Have it for xbox, haven't gotten around to it yet

the loot/gear system felt half assed, most areas were empty, every quest was find 3 items, Death of the 4 horsemen was nothing but a pathetic errand boy for the whole game... The two things the game got right were dungeon design and combat, that wasn't enough for me when so many other areas felt unfinished or half baked. One time there was a sub-find 3 quest inside of a find 3 quest, that really had my eyes rolling. And another thing was it doesn't move the story forward in any way, it takes place simultaneously with the first game.

the loot/gear system felt half assed, most areas were empty, every quest was find 3 items, Death of the 4 horsemen was nothing but a pathetic errand boy for the whole game... The two things the game got right were dungeon design and combat, that wasn't enough for me when so many other areas felt unfinished or half baked. One time there was a sub-find 3 quest inside of a find 3 quest, that really had my eyes rolling. And another thing was it doesn't move the story forward in any way, it takes place simultaneously with the first game.
FACK

I would like to note, Payday has an amazing OST. There is even a really cool intro to kick it all off.
I like the way it's given to you.

You have MP3 version + WAV version.

Another version of MP3 + WAV versions, but without FX in some tracks.

And a version for remixing purposes w/ all of the tracks separately as stems.

thank you was interested in those at 75%
I've been looking at these bundles, too. The Cradle of Civ pack is $2.49, and the additional packs (Korea + Wonders of the Ancient World Pack, Netherlands + Map Pack) are $1.86 each. But with Civ games, there's always the chance that Amazon will offer all of the DLC in a big bundle for like $5 total.

Makes me really hate buying the vanilla editions of games early.

I like the way it's given to you.

You have MP3 version + WAV version.
Another version of MP3 + WAV versions, but without FX in some tracks.
And a version for remixing purposes w/ all of the tracks separately as stems.
A shining example of how an OST should be released.

Can anyone tell me why Dustforce isnt on sale at all? Its been in bundles before. I need it :(    Oh and im still waiting for Dust: An Elysian Tail to hit $3.75

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back