CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Poker Night 2 will be my first purchase of this sale. Monaco is tempting too, but it's quite possibly the humblest, bundlest game I've ever laid eyes on.

Still nothing I really wanted at the right sale prices. Tempted to grab Monaco but that game screams bundle and I know I wouldn't play it before it hits a bundle, unlike Papers, Please which I would play as soon as I got it.

Something about the Monaco discount jump (wasn't the last one around 66% off?) I can't help but feel that it's going to be bundled soon....

Chimichanga.

Chimichangaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

I'm not sure if I should bite on the deal. That's what she said, ho ho ho ho! Quiet you. You don't get to choose.

I'm at a crossroads.  I really want Reus, in a play it as soon I purchase kind of way, but  is it worth it to you guys?  66% off was the same price as the Huge Seal coupon and I didn't bite then.  Think it is safe to say it's worth the 3.39?

I'm at a crossroads. I really want Reus, in a play it as soon I purchase kind of way, but is it worth it to you guys? 66% off was the same price as the Huge Seal coupon and I didn't bite then. Think it is safe to say it's worth the 3.39?
I think I paid $5 and I found it to be worth the price. So I'd say it's worth $3.39. I enjoyed the giants you get to control and the balancing act you have to do between the villages you create and the different challanges there are to complete. For that price you can certainly get your moneys worth out of it.

I'm at a crossroads. I really want Reus, in a play it as soon I purchase kind of way, but is it worth it to you guys? 66% off was the same price as the Huge Seal coupon and I didn't bite then. Think it is safe to say it's worth the 3.39?
no

wait til winter sales are over and see if it hits 75%

I haven't been able to view my steam inventory for a couple weeks now. I did a google search for an answer- no luck. Decided to contact steam support- no luck. I can't remember what email I used the first time to contact them. For some reason steam has a separate login for customer support. So, I'm completely blocked from ever using steam support and I can't view my inventory. Good stuff. Good stuff. 

I think I paid $5 and I found it to be worth the price. So I'd say it's worth $3.39. I enjoyed the giants you get to control and the balancing act you have to do between the villages you create and the different challanges there are to complete. For that price you can certainly get your moneys worth out of it.

no

wait til winter sales are over and see if it hits 75%
Lol two sides. Logically I need to wait until the last day of the sale, but it looks like a very cool game and I am glad to know that it is a game that doesn't lose it's playability very quickly. I'll see if I can hold out, but I am definitely getting it this sale. Thank you both!

Monaco 80% off?  Means it'll be in the Humble during the Winter sale.  I'm waiting for a bundle cuz the graphics are crappy in that one.  That said, good round of flash deals this time around.  

I haven't been able to view my steam inventory for a couple weeks now. I did a google search for an answer- no luck. Decided to contact steam support- no luck. I can't remember what email I used the first time to contact them. For some reason steam has a separate login for customer support. So, I'm completely blocked from ever using steam support and I can't view my inventory. Good stuff. Good stuff.
A few weeks? Wow. It has happened to me twice where it just loads a blank page but each time it resolved itself about a day later. Normally I would just say to let it resolve itself but being this long I'm not sure it will resolve itself at this rate.

I was going to look at your inventory after reading your message but your profile is private.

A few weeks? Wow. It has happened to me twice where it just loads a blank page but each time it resolved itself about a day later. Normally I would just say to let it resolve itself but being this long I'm not sure it will resolve itself at this rate.

I was going to look at your inventory after reading your message but your profile is private.
My bad. I switched all my inventory settings around in a desperate attempt to see if that might solve the problem. I now reset it back to public. What I read on google most people that experienced the problem had your luck. It worked itself out after a few hours or a couple days. For me it's been over two weeks. The worst part of it all is I'm missing out on card money.

It'll probably be the same price during the winter sale, but all the same Deadpool for $10 hit my buy point.

Unrelated, finally played through Gunpoint. Really enjoyable, great writing, fun level design, just really wish there was more of it.
It either has or will soon have Steam Workshop support. So there should be a lot of support for fan made levels.

That said, it is amazing, and it is short in a way that is tragic rather than disappointing. I just want more of you, Gunpoint...

That's the worst bundle I've ever seen, and I was there for IndieFaceKick.

On a related note, how about we stop with the fad of getting Youtubers nobody cares about to sponsor bundles full of crap?
A lot of people care about Yogscast. Like, a ton of people.

Just like a ton of people care about PewDiePie.

I'm not one of those people.

But I'm sure Humble is making bank on their endorsements.

In this thread, we live in a bubble.

It's a really cool god game that is very puzzley. Most of the challenge comes from maximizing resource gathering through the synergy of different god powers. I think it's a fun and attractive take on the genre.

A lot of people care about Yogscast. Like, a ton of people.

Just like a ton of people care about PewDiePie.

I'm not one of those people.
I don't think Yogscast is anywhere near as popular as PewDiePie, but I could be wrong. I didn't know Yogscast existed until they gave away free Yogscast DLC for Awesomenauts.

Anyway, pretty sure most of the "people" that like these guys aren't from this planet. They're aliens that have invaded us, trying to lower our IQ by making us like stupid videos/streams.

Bought Deadpool. Now of course I wanted Deadpool but the reason I felt the need to buy Deadpool was the 75% off and Activision. I am shocked that Activision actually gave a game people want to play a discount of more than 50% and at a reasonable price. That never happens...

I am shocked that Activision actually gave a game people want to play a discount of more than 50%
I thought exactly the same thing. In fact, I went and checked The Amazing Spiderman, thinking that someone at Activision had lost their mind. No luck... still 25% off.

I don't think Yogscast is anywhere near as popular as PewDiePie, but I could be wrong. I didn't know Yogscast existed until they gave away free Yogscast DLC for Awesomenauts.

Anyway, pretty sure most of the "people" that like these guys aren't from this planet. They're aliens that have invaded us, trying to lower our IQ by making us like stupid videos/streams.
I'm not sure how their fanbase is spread out over the different people, but I wouldn't be surprised if their combined fanbase is greater than PewDiePie's is. If you're comparing the main channel to PewDiePie, I'm sure there's no contest, but the Ypgscast have a dozen or so different people under the brand.

Bought Deadpool. Now of course I wanted Deadpool but the reason I felt the need to buy Deadpool was the 75% off and Activision. I am shocked that Activision actually gave a game people want to play a discount of more than 50% and at a reasonable price. That never happens...
I thought exactly the same thing. In fact, I went and checked The Amazing Spiderman, thinking that someone at Activision had lost their mind. No luck... still 25% off.
I'd be shocked too... if they hadn't already done 75% off the Prototype games earlier in the sale.

I'd be shocked too... if they hadn't already done 75% off the Prototype games earlier in the sale.
Maybe they're experimenting with a couple titles to see if there really is something to this whole 75% discount bringing in more sales thing. Fingers crossed...

I'm sure someone has probably mentioned this on here but I just got around to playing the Mortal Kombat:Kollection that was part of the WB Humble Bundle and it required me to sign into my Xbox account and the game gives you achievements on Xbox.So I guess its one of them Games for Windows.

Maybe they're experimenting with a couple titles to see if there really is something to this whole 75% discount bringing in more sales thing. Fingers crossed...
Fingers crossed that they like the results, and continue to offer discounts of at least 75% off.

no magicka or repeat sale so far
Look at you with your silver linings and almost perfect English...you feeling ok?

I don't truck with percent discounts. It's not like MSRPs never change. All hail the mighty price point.
75% off $40 is a hell of alot different than 75% off $20 a year later. $5 in fact, a full 50% less than paying 75% on the $40 retail MSRP, and from what you save from not paying 100% more than you have too, you can buy the DLC or "special edition" upgrade pack, which would normally cost more than the 75% you saved by not paying 75% off higher retail value, because they themselves are discounted 75% from a higher MSRP and by waiting for MSRP to drop you could also wait for all of the above to be bundled in a GOTY type situation, meaning that you can save even more by all of the above being doscounted more than 75% from the previous retial MSRP. Given a situation where a $40 game with 2 $5 DLC's gets bundled in with the main game a year later at a lower $20 MSRP with the DLC's 50% less than they were a year ago as well, that would mean you ended up paying less than the 75% off all of the above..my brain hurts. All I can say is God Bless You Backlog. You give me the ability to play a game well after its last needed patch, and as cheap as it can be. There are few games I have to absolutely play now, and my backlog has more than I could ask for when the feeling strikes me.

I don't truck with percent discounts. It's not like MSRPs never change. All hail the mighty price point.
This was a 75% off and a hell of a pricepoint kind of deal. Normally I just don't buy something because it's 75% off, I buy something because it's in the pricepoint I want to pay. This was 75% off $40 and just holy shit Activision. Giving us a deal for 75% off original MSRP for a game released this year.

I was eying Deadpool at $20 for consoles but I held off. Glad I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back