CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking tomb raider collection, even if i would prefer it for $10. I assume the black market sellers ;) can't get it for cheaper?

So the non-dailies say they end tomorrow, but the frontpage says "New Deals" tomorrow. Hmm.
I demand new dailies and flash sales everyday until january!

I'm thinking tomb raider collection, even if i would prefer it for $10. I assume the black market sellers ;) can't get it for cheaper?

I demand new dailies and flash sales everyday until january!
Excellent. Hope you don't already own Magicka.

The mechanics are fairly different. AoE III introduced the "home city" concept that Robot later tweaked when developing AoEO. AoE III had a story that ran through a single campaign, while AoE II had four campaigns in the base game that were based on actual historical figures (not a few made-up people that were in the Americas during Revolutionary times). I haven't played the tweaked HD version yet but I can tell you that AoE II remains one of my favorite RTS games of all time. If you've never played it, it's worth checking out at this ridiculous price (especially for that 4-pack).

I will add that, although it took some getting used to, I eventually played and enjoyed AoE III and its expansions. I still liked AoE II better though.
Thanks, Warren, for the input. I guess the real question though is how the mechanics hold up for a new player. I remember reading some reviews when AOE2HD came out that said it was difficult to get back into with the dated mechanics. I remember a couple years back I tried to pick up Starcraft 1 again and despite it being my favorite game of all time I had gotten too used to the rts mechanics introduced since Warcraft 3 and found it difficult to go back to. AOE3 was fine though...but that was a much more recent game.

Also, I unfortunately had to give up on the AOE3 campaign after six or seven missions because there is no way to increase the game speed during the campaign. I got tired of waiting for forever for my units to walk across the map. So now I'm playing CnC 3...and my tanks take forever to cross the map.

I guess I just want every game to be Starcraft 2...

So so far this sale I've bought the Wolf Among Us from Krugozor.  That's it.  I got Divekick the day before the sale (which is awesome, by the way), and nothing from Amazon yet.

I think I've bought far more during non-sale, non-holiday weeks...

Thanks, Warren, for the input. I guess the real question though is how the mechanics hold up for a new player. I remember reading some reviews when AOE2HD came out that said it was difficult to get back into with the dated mechanics. I remember a couple years back I tried to pick up Starcraft 1 again and despite it being my favorite game of all time I had gotten too used to the rts mechanics introduced since Warcraft 3 and found it difficult to go back to. AOE3 was fine though...but that was a much more recent game.

Also, I unfortunately had to give up on the AOE3 campaign after six or seven missions because there is no way to increase the game speed during the campaign. I got tired of waiting for forever for my units to walk across the map. So now I'm playing CnC 3...and my tanks take forever to cross the map.

I guess I just want every game to be Starcraft 2...
Sorry, I can't provide much insight there. If SC 2 is your yardstick, though, you may find AoE II's pace a bit slow for you.

I went ahead and bought the two tomb raider preorder skins I didn't have at .19 each, the skin pack 2 (3 skins) at .39, and the tomb for .59. Great deal to get all that for 1.36, and that was vince carter money.

All the rest of the DLC is either early unlocks or multiplayer stuff.
Or some single player skins... but none that really make you think of the Tomb Raiders of old. (Which is a missed opportunity, IMO, as I know I would buy a throwback skin or two.)

As for the daily sales... I'm guessing that steam really doesn't want money in their pockets?

Hey all,  I got an old computer I bought in college but recently I had to get a new graphics card. I have had some other minor updates in it over the years and I decided to get a new processor too. Basically this is the most advanced PC I Have ever had now and I can actually play some games from this millenium. Now I am still very low end, can't play anything new or close to cutting edge but I am now able to play all those games between the late 90's to maybe 2008 I haven't been able to on PC.

Any recomendations on PC games that are either low requirment or came out around 2008 and lower? Want to get some deals while the sale is going on and enjoy my PC.

So far I already purchases:

Papers Please

To the moon

Gemini Rue

Vampire Masquerade

Deus Ex

Thinking of getting Medieval Total War II

I went ahead and bought the two tomb raider preorder skins I didn't have at .19 each, the skin pack 2 (3 skins) at .39, and the tomb for .59. Great deal to get all that for 1.36, and that was vince carter money.
Yeah, I guess there are those skins. At least the price is right.

What do people think about AOE2HD vs AOE3? I was just introduced to AOE3 recently (by my girlfriend, of all people), and I liked it quite a bit. Any reason to go back to AOE2? What about the Legacy pack?

(and boo for 75% off on 2 but not 3)
i have both aoe3 i idling should play soon but mutliplayer sucks i can play with friend in kuwait but friend in cnaada i cant wtf

i dont want to look at my purchase it still ongoing need to finish some stuff up i moving some games winter sale.

y steam y u do dis

really doe am i the only one who thought this sale didnt blow monkey balls?

it was weird, the days were either

A) Craptastic deals I wanted no part of

or 

B) A day where I bought like 3 or 4 things

Edit: I also didn't realize tomb raider was 70 dollars MSRP now

Dubble Edit Action: Only thing I'm debating is age of empires II hd. 

Why da fuq is its metascore just 68?

Or some single player skins... but none that really make you think of the Tomb Raiders of old. (Which is a missed opportunity, IMO, as I know I would buy a throwback skin or two.)

The hunter skin is pretty cool and could fit with the old games if you wanted to think of it that way. Some classic skins would be a cool idea, maybe even a classic model of Lara from Tomb Raider Underworld, just for fun.

You will be brutalized by both the game mechanics and the interface system. They updated neither and continue to say they will not change the game other than bug fixes, graphics, and additional civs/scenarios. No autobuild, no attack move, no patrol, huge micro-management. I found my old discs for AoE2+expansion and gave it a whirl. *blargh* I wanted to shoot myself the game moved at a snails pace. Everything you say about SC1 will apply to this as well. Just don't even bother. The HD upgrade is cash grab at old farts wanting to relive the good ol days.

y steam y u do dis

really doe am i the only one who thought this sale didnt blow monkey balls?

it was weird, the days were either

A) Craptastic deals I wanted no part of

or

B) A day where I bought like 3 or 4 things

Edit: I also didn't realize tomb raider was 70 dollars MSRP now

Dubble Edit Action: Only thing I'm debating is age of empires II hd.

Why da fuq is its metascore just 68?
cause people hates i have friend who has it and lvoe it

Hey all, I got an old computer I bought in college but recently I had to get a new graphics card. I have had some other minor updates in it over the years and I decided to get a new processor too. Basically this is the most advanced PC I Have ever had now and I can actually play some games from this millenium. Now I am still very low end, can't play anything new or close to cutting edge but I am now able to play all those games between the late 90's to maybe 2008 I haven't been able to on PC.

Any recomendations on PC games that are either low requirment or came out around 2008 and lower? Want to get some deals while the sale is going on and enjoy my PC.

So far I already purchases:

Papers Please

To the moon

Gemini Rue

Vampire Masquerade

Deus Ex

Thinking of getting Medieval Total War II
The system requirements for Dust aren't particularly high (though more so than what you listed so I couldn't say for sure if it would run), and is one of my favorite games in recent years. Highly recommend to anyone who enjoys Metroidvania style games.

You will be brutalized by both the game mechanics and the interface system. They updated neither and continue to say they will not change the game other than bug fixes, graphics, and additional civs/scenarios. No autobuild, no attack move, no patrol, huge micro-management. I found my old discs for AoE2+expansion and gave it a whirl. *blargh* I wanted to shoot myself the game moved at a snails pace. Everything you say about SC1 will apply to this as well. Just don't even bother. The HD upgrade is cash grab at old farts wanting to relive the good ol days.
Yup, that's what I was afraid of. Okay, good to know. Thanks!!!

The system requirements for Dust aren't particularly high (though more so than what you listed so I couldn't say for sure if it would run), and is one of my favorite games in recent years. Highly recommend to anyone who enjoys Metroidvania style games.
Sold me on Dust. In total, only grabbed Spelunky, Dust, and the Wizardry pack from this sale. Steam wanted far less of my money than expected, but that's a good thing.

Thanks for the rec, I will check it out! Yea all the games I got so far are well wthin my range, some of these I bought before the card upgrade and could still play then. Just I have only been able to play very few games, now with the modest upgrades I am opened up to a lot more. Thinking the high end of what I could run is probably like Oblivion.... Well suposedly, according to a test  Ishould be able to run Oblivion fairly well. Might have to see if I can find a demo to test it out.

Dust is amazing! Easy a highlight in gaming from the past few years. :)

Thanks for the rec, I will check it out! Yea all the games I got so far are well wthin my range, some of these I bought before the card upgrade and could still play then. Just I have only been able to play very few games, now with the modest upgrades I am opened up to a lot more. Thinking the high end of what I could run is probably like Oblivion.... Well suposedly, according to a test Ishould be able to run Oblivion fairly well. Might have to see if I can find a demo to test it out.
Honestly, Oblivion isn't worth running unless you can overhaul it with mods

Hang on a tick. There is a patrol command. I just verified my rusty memory here: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/115290/is-there-a-way-to-attack-move-in-age-of-empires-ii-hd

ANTICHAMBER Y U SO CONFUZZLING

tumblr_lrccbeECqI1qg4z7a.gif

Overlord is a very, very, very poor-man's Pikmin.
If you dont buy consoles tho it doesnt matter

That being said, not buying dis shit. Already have both overlords and have zero interest in the rest of the games

Actually... for $1, I'm in.

I loved Clive Barker's Undying and, even though Jericho didn't get good reviews, I've always wanted to try it. If nothing else than for the art and atmosphere. I very nearly pulled the trigger on it last night on Amazon.

I played and reviewed the UT2004 mod Damnation before it went retail and I've always been very curious to see what becamove of it. I've read the reviews, which weren't too kind.

Curiosity > $1, for me.

Another Indie Gala bundle, another bunch of games I already own (Overlords + Jericho), but with a happy hour I'll probably be picking it up anyway.

Question for the seasoned Steam shoppers...

The autumn sale and the winter sale are stacked up pretty close. Are the sales usually much different in terms of games on sale, discount percents, etc., or is it usually a rehash?

The autumn sale and the winter sale are stacked up pretty close. Are the sales usually much different in terms of games on sale, discount percents, etc., or is it usually a rehash?
I don't know about usually, but the Christmas sale is supposed to have some (if not all) of the deals from this sale repeated. Presumably, it's going to include others as well.

Actually... for $1, I'm in.

I loved Clive Barker's Undying and, even though Jericho didn't get good reviews, I've always wanted to try it. If nothing else than for the art and atmosphere. I very nearly pulled the trigger on it last night on Amazon.

I played and reviewed the UT2004 mod Damnation before it went retail and I've always been very curious to see what becamove of it. I've read the reviews, which weren't too kind.

Curiosity > $1, for me.
Yeah. I've actually been eyeing Jericho and Damnation for awhile. Totally in at the $1 tier.

[customspoiler=Yes.]Some repeats, some new. Some better prices, some worse.[/customspoiler]

If the leaked email about the sale is to be believed, it will be entirely a rehash.

I have my doubts about the veracity of that email, however.

Wow. NONE of the Namco Bandai discounts they announced would go live today on Steam showed up. Bloody hell. Someone fucked it up.

If the leaked email about the sale is to be believed, it will be entirely a rehash.

The dates on the email matched the actual dates on this sale so it looks like it was legit all along.

What to do, what to do... buy FF7 on PC so I can sell my PS1 copy and get 25 bucks...?

It says that "duration discounts" will be the same during both sales, but doesn't say this about daily/flash/community(?) discounts.

Wow. NONE of the Namco Bandai discounts they announced would go live today on Steam showed up. Bloody hell. Someone fucked it up.

The dates on the email matched the actual dates on this sale so it looks like it was legit all along.

What to do, what to do... buy FF7 on PC so I can sell my PS1 copy and get 25 bucks...?
yes

It also seems smart to leak the dates to build hype, and throw some weird verbiage about sale prices staying the same out to get people to buy things in the Fall sale rather than waiting for the Winter sale. I think the email is legit. I'm just unsure if it was telling the truth. And like Detruire said, it might just be talking about duration sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back