The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

The Target in South Bay Plaza in Boston, MA had

-XBOX Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Rings $11 and some change.
That's it.

They had a whole mess of games on the clerance racks but they still rung up at $18-20.

Someone pointed out Crash 5 for $5.

So, I found a Greatest Hits edition of Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex for $4.98. I checked the GC was $20 . . . but the PS2 was a "secret" discount

Not a great game, but I traded my GC $10 copy in for $12.50 toward Halo 2. But I had some "trade-in remorse" . . . but I needed one more "non-excluded" to turn the trick.

So, a PS2 version for $5! Cool!

I swore there was a sticky on this where a page on this thread someone had made a list of some prices people have been getting since around mid-january of the games for all systems...If anyone could please tell me what page on this thread would be on?.....

[quote name='Ebraum']LOTR was $8.48 yesterday. Today I noticed the clearence stickers have been removed so I go and scan one .....$16.99. WTF?[/quote]

Every once in a while Target will raise prices, usually at the time a game becomes a greatest hit. For example I bought Enter The Matrix for the GC 3 weeks ago for $7.48. Almost 3 weeks later, at the exact same Target, the game scanned $19.99. Both were the Player's Choice version. I've also seen it happen to Test Drive 6 for the XBox about 6 months ago. One day it was $4.98, the next it was $16.99.

[quote name='sirinam']I saw Breakdown (XBox) for $19.99 at a couple of Target in So. California[/quote]

Picked it up at Target in Austin. The dude said, wow, its on clearance from 49.99. Pretty crazy since it came out like last month. Checked some places, eb gives 20 and gamestop gives 18 for it. Gamecrazy probably gives 25 for it, so its like a free rental.

[quote name='swetooth9']which "endcaps" do u guys check for clearance items....electronics, clothes, toys, toiletries, food?

cuz i got no good deals...[/quote]

I check all endcaps with clearence, as most of the time people will change their minds and just dump it on the closest one.

[quote name='JibbaJabba'][quote name='swetooth9']which "endcaps" do u guys check for clearance items....electronics, clothes, toys, toiletries, food?

cuz i got no good deals...[/quote]

I check all endcaps with clearence, as most of the time people will change their minds and just dump it on the closest one.[/quote]

o, i usually check the endcaps around the electronics, toys, food, and computer section...im too lazy to check the clothes section and other ones...do u guys find any in the clothes section?

[quote name='pinoy530'][quote name='sirinam']I saw Breakdown (XBox) for $19.99 at a couple of Target in So. California[/quote]

Picked it up at Target in Austin. The dude said, wow, its on clearance from 49.99. Pretty crazy since it came out like last month. Checked some places, eb gives 20 and gamestop gives 18 for it. Gamecrazy probably gives 25 for it, so its like a free rental.[/quote]

It's not on clearance, but on a temp price cut, basically, a sale that lasts for about 2 weeks. It goes back up to $49.99 on 5-10.

Haunted Mansion for Xbox is down to 4.98. Don't know if its really worth it, but its worth 3.00 trade in at EB which is effectively 6.33 (if you trade in 3 and get $10 extra, 3.33 added to each game).

Anyone looking for Silent Hill 3 for PS2? I picked up two extras for trade.

I would trade a new sealed copy of SH3 for Dark Cloud 2, Brute Force, I-Ninja, Wolfenstein Xbox or Midnight Club 2 for Xbox . . .

Send me an offer if you have some other cheap games . . . or if your Target has extras of something but no Silent Hill 3s.

I also have a Special Edition Robotech Battlecry (GC game, T-shirt, and bonus materials) or Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex PS2.

Don't know if these have been posted but...

PC games at the Brighton, MI Target:

MS classic flight collection $2.54
Crusades - Quest for Power $2.54
Diablo - best seller series $1.24
Empires - Dawn of the modern world $3.74
Wolverines revenge $4.38
Jurassic Park III-Danger Zone $2.54
The Hulk $2.54
Neverwinter Nights (Large box) $3.74

And some people should save their trading solicitations for the Trading Board!!!!!

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Haunted Mansion for Xbox is down to 4.98. Don't know if its really worth it, but its worth 3.00 trade in at EB which is effectively 6.33 (if you trade in 3 and get $10 extra, 3.33 added to each game).[/quote]Game Crazy is $12.50 I beleive.

tony hawk 3 for xbox - $4.98
ff origins/anthology for ps1 - $4.98

some guy told me they were getting rid of all their PS1 games so everything on the shelf was cheap which made sense since they all rang up for $0 on the scanner and the shelf was pretty bare only a few copies of all the FF games left and like 1 copy of a monopoly game.

this was at the target in watchung square mall in NJ

Went to three targets today and zip zero just about nada.....I saw that freakin' NCAA Gamebreaker 2004 listed as $20.98 but didn't really feel like pricing it....Got the Ninja Gaiden on clearance and also got a raincheck since I got the last one...How would I use the raincheck on another game if it says Ninja Gaiden on it and if Ninja Gaiden is in stock??.....

[quote name='Ebraum']Charlotte, NC Prince of Persia GCN $14.98 !!!!!!!!![/quote]

It was 20.98 here in Florida, but I bought it anyway. I wish I could have found a POP/SC bundle at that price!

Well I saw Midnight Club 2 for $13.94 on PC and GTA: VC on PC for $20.90.

*sigh* my Target never has any good console game clearances... :\

[quote name='red flare graf']Are there any deals on .hack//mutation part 2? I've tried sifting through this thread but it's ungodly..[/quote]

Weird. I saw it just yesterday on clearance, but I can't remember what it cost. It was $20 or less.

[quote name='captainfrizo'][quote name='Ebraum']Charlotte, NC Prince of Persia GCN $14.98 !!!!!!!!![/quote]

Which location and how many did they have?[/quote]

Albermarle Road. Only 2 copies

[quote name='red flare graf']Are there any deals on .hack//mutation part 2? I've tried sifting through this thread but it's ungodly..[/quote]

Try K-Mart. Picked it up for $10

I picked up Starcraft for $2.xx today.

They also had a $12.99 video game clearance. Mostly Greatest hit titles that weren't selling.

Today I got Clock Tower 3 for $4.38, Summer Heat Volleyball for $4.38 and PS2 version of Return to Castle Wolfenstein for $6.58, here in S. Florida on the end cap by the games section

Thanks for the tip Admiral, I'm gonna go try to pick .hack 2 up after work.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='red flare graf']Are there any deals on .hack//mutation part 2? I've tried sifting through this thread but it's ungodly..[/quote]

Try K-Mart. Picked it up for $10

I picked up Starcraft for $2.xx today.

They also had a $12.99 video game clearance. Mostly Greatest hit titles that weren't selling.[/quote]

I picked up Max Payne for the XBox in Indy....4.82
I carried an armful of games over to the self-scanner, but that
was the only one I found on clearance for the Xbox

Alton, IL

Armed and Dangerous (PC) 14.98
Tron 2.0 (PC) 14.98
others I don't remember

Also numerous Gamecube and Xbox games "temp price drops" for 12.99. Won't list because don't know if they apply to this thread.

they are all over every store I have visited today. It includes stuff like Test Drive XB, Corvette, Celebrity Deathmatch PS2, ... There are a bunch; nothing too spectular.

Ok, they might have already been listed, I didn't look through the thread, Carve for Xbox, Tom and Jerry for GCN, Tonka Rescue for GCN, Spyro for GCN, besides the ones already listed in the post right above this one.

Crash Bandicoot: WoC was on sale for $12.99 on GCN. I got it and mi madre (that's "my mother" for you non-Spanish speakers ^_^) a CD for Mother's Day.

Yeah, CB: WoC isn't the greatest game, but it's a decent platformer, so I like it. It reminds me of a CB: Warped v2.0 though. Ah well.

[quote name='BigNick'][quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='hoshi']Not game related, but Target has put on clearance a Lexmark Z705 USB Inkjet Printer / Vivitar Vivicam 2.0 Megapixel Digital Camera w/ 16MB storage Combo package. Wal-Mart had this priced at $150, marked down to about $130. Target has them on clearance for $50. At least, the two near me in Columbia, SC did... Seeing as how I needed both a digital camera and a printer, I couldn't be happer shelling out $25 for each.

-Hoshi[/quote]

wow, that's a sweet price hoshi. nothing great on clearance at my target except test drive (xbox) for $11.98 which isn't that great of a deal at all :lol:[/quote]
Thats the kind of crap I find at my target, although a fellow CAG in WI has told me about some deals at another target. Roadtrip!!![/quote]

yea, same here i gots nuttin at mine tar"J" (target in french) either.. i 2nd road trip, im in So. Cal. can you pick me up.? ill pay for whitecastle boogers and in-n-out boogers along the way.

anyone have So. Cal Deals?

No its bs in socal i price scanned dozens of the ungalssed games and i brought a sheet of skus and even some of the games didn't scan and said item not found. I think they are pulling out any good deals from the system or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back