this OTT sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the VATS system work in Fallout 3? I'm thinking of getting the game for my dad, but he's not the greatest at faster paced FPS games (he plays stuff like the original ghost recon, america's army, etc.) I've read that it slows down the game into a turn based sort of affair?

[quote name='crystalklear64']How does the VATS system work in Fallout 3? I'm thinking of getting the game for my dad, but he's not the greatest at faster paced FPS games (he plays stuff like the original ghost recon, america's army, etc.) I've read that it slows down the game into a turn based sort of affair?[/QUOTE]

It's like a real-time game you can pause to make more strategic shots. Each shot is so many "points" (more the more damage the weapon does). Like, a hunting rifle you can choose 4 shots to different body parts, while a chainsaw you get 1 swing). If you run out, you can go back to real time, but it's much less accurate and more difficult.

[quote name='crystalklear64']How does the VATS system work in Fallout 3? I'm thinking of getting the game for my dad, but he's not the greatest at faster paced FPS games (he plays stuff like the original ghost recon, america's army, etc.) I've read that it slows down the game into a turn based sort of affair?[/QUOTE]

You push the Right Trigger and it pauses the action, lets you select your target and then your guy fires off his shots, then it is back to regular when your guy is done.

CK, it stops everything and allows you to aim at a limb, the head, the body or their weapon. A percentage is shown of how likely you'll be able to hit that spot, and you can also see how much damage you'll do.

You can obtain perks that increase your accuracy too.

How fast is the game when you're playing it normally? Like.. is there a game that you could compare it to? Something like Unreal Tournament would be too fast for him I know.

"Listening to the hardcore was dooming the industry. At some point, Nintendo's competitors are going to have to come up with a viable business model. The companies arent going to kill themselves subsidizing your fancy bells and whistles forever." -- ???

[quote name='crystalklear64']How fast is the game when you're playing it normally? Like.. is there a game that you could compare it to? Something like Unreal Tournament would be too fast for him I know.[/quote]

More like Resident Evil 4 pace than UT3...Just my $.02.

Perfect example would be Oblivion...for obvious reasons.

Well there really isn't much point in me taking this Chem final as my test average is like a 55. They are replacing our lowest test score with our final test score, but since my average sucks, I doubt I'll pull more than a 70 on this shit. I guess that would help me out, but I doubt it would be enough for me to get the required C+ to pass the course.

That's one more thing I don't understand. If you need a C+ to pass the course, why not just make a 75 an F? Whatever. Off to fail chemistry!

I should create a blog post on the good community games. There are a few worth 200 points. And I bought one for 400 the other day. But the problemw ith the community games is I can never find anyone for mulriplayer.

There's a starship one that's sorta like the bike game from tron that's really good. simple gameplay, good graphics, annd multiplayer. only 400 points so it's worth the price. But there's nobody playing. And on anothe rgame there were around 7 players on the leaderboard when I looked at the rankings.

[quote name='Eviltude']Well there really isn't much point in me taking this Chem final as my test average is like a 55. They are replacing our lowest test score with our final test score, but since my average sucks, I doubt I'll pull more than a 70 on this shit. I guess that would help me out, but I doubt it would be enough for me to get the required C+ to pass the course.

That's one more thing I don't understand. If you need a C+ to pass the course, why not just make a 75 an F? Whatever. Off to fail chemistry![/QUOTE]

Probably for your university-wide GPA. A C is a 2.0, whereas an F is a 0.0

[quote name='Brak']Shut-up the Hell up and make your old lady send me a dowry of Chex-Mix and peanut butter fudge. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll get right on that. Though I'm not sure what special ingredients she'll be adding... especially after you referred to her as "my old lady". :shame:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Why are you so mean to me Mojimbo? All I do is love you :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
It's his schtick. It's what he does.

[quote name='seanr1221']I hope the DLC for Fallout is 400pts :][/QUOTE]
:rofl:
Fat chance, buddy.
[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ugh...almost tax season :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

Tax season is good. I needs my fucking refund.

They're not motion pictures.

They're moving pictures.

Rush-Moving-Pictures-1-124883.jpg

Waka, waka, waka!

fozzie.jpg

[quote name='munch']Wow. I'm going to call my brother. I would have rather gotten in on this than the boringstation.[/QUOTE]

I'll trade you.

[quote name='seanr1221']I hope the DLC for Fallout is 400pts :][/quote]

Considering Horse Armor was 400 points, I really think this not going to happen.

I'm going to get a ridiculous tax refund this year. I hope they decide to give us a little economic stimulus while they're at it.

[quote name='lordwow']I'm going to get a ridiculous tax refund this year. I hope they decide to give us a little economic stimulus while they're at it.[/quote]

:high five:

[quote name='lordwow']I'm going to get a ridiculous tax refund this year. I hope they decide to give us a little economic stimulus while they're at it.[/QUOTE]

You won't know the meaning of ridiculous until you own a house.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']You won't know the meaning of ridiculous until you own a house.[/quote]

:high five:

And let me add: 3 Deductions...I mean Children.

[quote name='lordwow']I'm going to get a ridiculous tax refund this year. I hope they decide to give us a little economic stimulus while they're at it.[/quote]

This.

I might buy a TV bigger than 42" if we do

:whistle2:#

But in all honesty, big tax refunds are bad! It means an interest free loan to the government, and less money in your pocket all year around.

[quote name='manthing']This.

I might buy a TV bigger than 42" if we do

:whistle2:#[/quote]

I am really glad that you told me to get the biggest possible TV. At first I thought the 42" was huge and now I wish I had something even bigger. :lol:

But I know that is impractical.

You didn't know manthing was gay, Sean? He said something about pitching for lilboob's team a while back.

Anyway, I got next!

Man, I most likely wont get jack back. Plus this year I have to file both Michigan and North Carolina state taxes.

I hope that doesnt screw me over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back