Those who are banned from making an OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Sleepkyng']wot show?[/QUOTE]

The Dirtbombs. I've loved their records, but they go to a completely different level live. Such a great set-up, frontman who is both an astounding guitarist and with an amazing soul/garage voice, backed by two bassists and two drummers. Highly recommended to EVERYBODY (even dallow - hey, they cover Spark's "Sherlock Holmes" and Eno's "King's Lead Hat," among others. That's got to get your interest, right?).

I played horrible in both of my intramural softball games last night. I only got on base twice, and both times it was due to errors. I also missed a routine flyball--I'm blaming that one on the monsoon winds. I need some more practice.

i like the dirtbombs!

[quote name='tiredfornow']softball?[/QUOTE]

my thoughts exactly.

if you're gonna do it, do it right

180px-Wiffle_bat_and_ball.jpg

Did anyone in the OTT make a NCAA bracket? Mine is pretty messed up. Duke let me down, as did Clemson, but my Final Four is still intact--Memphis, UCLA, UNC, and Wisconsin. I have a UNC/UCLA championship with UCLA winning it all.

What is that called, Sleepy$$$$a?

Whiffleball or some shit?[quote name='munch']That's right nucca. Manly ass softball.[/quote]
YOU ARE A BITCH.

[quote name='tiredfornow']What is that called, Sleepy$$$$a?

Whiffleball or some shit?
YOU ARE A BITCH.[/QUOTE]

Reported. Infraction +1!

[quote name='munch']Did anyone in the OTT make a NCAA bracket? Mine is pretty messed up. Duke let me down, as did Clemson, but my Final Four is still intact--Memphis, UCLA, UNC, and Wisconsin. I have a UNC/UCLA championship with UCLA winning it all.[/QUOTE]

Mines pretty close to that. I have UCLA over UNC with Texas and Kansas

[quote name='lordwow']Mines pretty close to that. I have UCLA over UNC with Texas and Kansas[/QUOTE]

I actually have Texas losing to Stanford in the next round. I actually did that because of all the UT homers around here. Some people in my group have UT making it to the final. I just don't see it happening.

[quote name='tiredfornow']What is that called, Sleepy$$$$a?

Whiffleball or some shit?
[/QUOTE]

I remember summer days back in the day playin' slip n' slide wiffle ball with the hot girls from the other highschool :drool:

then sweet sweet barbeque :drool:

then sweet sweet sex:drool:

[quote name='munch']Did anyone in the OTT make a NCAA bracket? Mine is pretty messed up. Duke let me down, as did Clemson, but my Final Four is still intact--Memphis, UCLA, UNC, and Wisconsin. I have a UNC/UCLA championship with UCLA winning it all.[/QUOTE]

I'm #3 in the CAG tourney.

But I had a Gtown - UCLA championship (UCLA winning it all) so I don't like my overall chances.

I played with the scenario generator and the best chance I have is something like Davidson beating UNC in the final four and UCLA taking it all. If all top seeds (1s or 2s) make the final four I think I'm cooked no matter what.

My true pick would have been UNC winning it all but I figured I'd be lumped in with 40% of the population if I went with that so I took a slight flyer hoping to take it all if I hit. Turned out I did great in the opening rounds and could have gone UNC over UCLA in the championship. Ah well.

[quote name='Maklershed']I bet slidecage wreaks.[/QUOTE]
Havoc?

Oh!

Reeks!

;)

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Is it me, or is 99% of the Campbells Select soups horribly bland? Campbells Chunky FTW[/quote]

I agree. Chunky Soup is the way to go.

I forgot to bring Smarty Pants up to my folks for the weekend. :wall: I brought the case but the Wii Sports disc was inside. :wall: :wall:

However my mom had picked up this electronic Jeopardy game for $12 on clearance at WalMart. I had noticed it at Target a looong time ago and thought it would be awesome to try but too expensive. It uses a base unit that controls your DVD player via an IR controller thingamajig and has 3 wireless controller/buzzers. Sounds great but in practice the DVD bit means there are insufferable delays.

1) Choose a category.
**delay**
2) Choose dollar value for the question.
**delay**
3) Question is read and somebody buzzes in to answer. Sometimes this goes smooth every so often it craps out and goes back to the category selection screen after a looong delay.

repeat.

Also the questions are very easy and being multiple choice doen't exactly up the challenge.

If they had made the base unit simply contain all of the questions (so no DVD) it could have been fast access and a much more enjoyable game. At $60 MSRP it's a horrible product.

[quote name='darthbudge']No.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='darthbudge']I agree. Chunky is the way to go.[/QUOTE]

Don't lie.

you actually got the Jeopardy game to work?

Color me impressed. I could never make it past the calibration screen on three different DVD players.

When I returned it for the last time, the worker at Target said I was the third one this week and even she returned her own edition of the game.

[quote name='terribledeli']you actually got the Jeopardy game to work?

Color me impressed. I could never make it past the calibration screen on three different DVD players.

When I returned it for the last time, the worker at Target said I was the third one this week and even she returned her own edition of the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah when I saw the IR controller I didn't have much hope but I followed the quick start guide and it worked with their DVD player no problem. You're probably lucky it didn't work. Very dissapointing. The topper is the damn thing only has 20 games on the DVD. Made me think about how much nicer a decent Jeopardy game on the Wii would be. No infuriating delays at least. And no clunky interfacing with a DVD player via a stick on sensor.

Damn, the ending of The Mist sucked.

I don't mind unconventional endings but I do have a problem with stupid ones.

[quote name='klwillis45']Damn, the ending of The Mist sucked.

I don't mind unconventional endings but I do have a problem with stupid ones.[/quote]

Mistake #1 was watching The Mist.

[quote name='strummerbs']The Dirtbombs. I've loved their records, but they go to a completely different level live. Such a great set-up, frontman who is both an astounding guitarist and with an amazing soul/garage voice, backed by two bassists and two drummers. Highly recommended to EVERYBODY (even dallow - hey, they cover Spark's "Sherlock Holmes" and Eno's "King's Lead Hat," among others. That's got to get your interest, right?).[/quote]Hmm, I will check them out, thanks.

[quote name='lilboo']:whistle2:(
So what's wrong with that kid? Is that autism or some shit? Or was he just nervous? That was really awkward.[/QUOTE]

No idea I just saw it on the most viewed videos today. He's wearing a suit so it's probably budge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back