Toys R Us Coupon mailer: $10 off two games 19.99 or less

Yeahman

CAGiversary!
Got a R-Zone holiday gift guide in the mail today. A couple of good coupns in there:

Save $10 on Sega 2 packs

$10 off an Nintendo purchase $100 or more

Save $5 off any Disney Video Game

The most interesting is one that is $10 off any two Video games $19.99 or LESS. Obviously a misprint but it will be interesting to see if they will honor it. Probably not.

Anyone else get these? The coupons are good starting Dec 3rd

most of the good 19.99 games for xbox and GC were gone..ended up getting mario golf and soul calibur 2 for xbox, for $20 total...might go back tomorrow and get fzero and animal crossing for $20...the only clearance games i saw out in that section for real cheap were XIII (4.95) and hitman 2 (1.98), got both for free..what other games are real cheap under $5 that i could uyse the $10 coupon? thanks

Went today and picked up Metroid Prime and SSX 3 for $10 a piece. No problems at the checkout. The girl who rang me up did say she wished she had one of those coupons. I made no response. This is the first deal I got in on here so thanks to the topic creator and everyone who has provided info.

Oh, and I think all the green tag games were gone. I saw a single copy of that Mickey Mouse game that had a green tag but I wasn't interested. Huntsville, Alabama TRU for anyone who wants to know.

anyone go to the TRU in san francisco? i went to the TRU on geary, didnt have much of a selection, probably had more games in the back..most of the good 19.99 games for GC were gone..not much of a selection on green tags..i'll probably try again tomorrow or later this week, to see if they have the games on the TRU clearance list

there is a ninja type game here that is selling for 5.48 Just picked up 4 copies for Trading and tossed in a few junk ps1 games. NOt bad 8 games for 2 bucks... They really must have or HAD tons of stuff around south bend area. My cousin is showing me Recepts what says SHe saved ready for this on 4 trips

TRIP 1 SAVE 189.94 spent 4.96
TRIP 2 Save 224.95 spent 5.15
TRIP 3 Saved 199.53 spent 9.98
TRIP 4 Saved 245.94 spent 2.10

everything on it just says Green tag and 2 for 10 off so dont know what they picked up (They wont freaking tell me either)

EDIT they also have here

Gladius for 8.48
Xenosaga for 9.98
Resident evil code x 5.98
Hitman 2 for 6.48 (i picked up 2 copies )
Golden nugget GBA 9.98
Texas holdem 9.98
project eden FREE

Dude in front of me had `18 copies of primal for ps2 in front of me . You should saw the dudes face the other day when 18 games total 0 ... Its just too bad this coupon didnt hit as soon as green tag came out. That would been insane.

I might go Friday (last day of sale) and BUY every game that is free. even if that means buying 30 copies of the same game . I will post here Friday if i will do it (i will sell them to CAG for around 3 each (if free) cd only since i will be using the cases for back up cases for my ps2 games. I doubt anything will be left but i think Friday is the soonest i can get over there again. Love to pick up 2 animal crossings for 20 and sell one on ebay for 20 Free animal crossing :)

If i do go over i will try to write down all the cheap games and see if anything wants them

[quote name='jngx80']CouRageouS - Which TRU do you go to? I'm in SF and the one here barely has any good games on sale.[/quote]
The one I went to the last couple days is the Emeryville location. I also went to the Hayward one recently and that only had BG&E for $8. I'm probably going ot check out the one in Fremont tomorrow.

You know, I once saw in a thread here that someone thought TRU had one foot in the grave, and that person was willing to give them a push to help get them the rest of the way in. It just made me think:

If that one guy taking advantage of the deal was like a "push," then this whole coupon/green tag fiasco has gotta be like the population of New York and California combining to make one giant lynch mob.

How many people have walked out of a TRU now with MULTIPLE games that cost absolutely NOTHING? :D

[quote name='darkwingduck13']You know, I once saw in a thread here that someone thought TRU had one foot in the grave, and that person was willing to give them a push to help get them the rest of the way in. It just made me think:

If that one guy taking advantage of the deal was like a "push," then this whole coupon/green tag fiasco has gotta be like the population of New York and California combining to make one giant lynch mob.

How many people have walked out of a TRU now with MULTIPLE games that cost absolutely NOTHING? :D[/quote]

I think it'll be fair game when it's friday because that's when the coupon expires and by then, everyone would have had their chance at getting a few free games.

edit: but you'll never know who'll fuck up this deal for everyone else too

[quote name='rly723']anyone go to the TRU in san francisco? i went to the TRU on geary, didnt have much of a selection, probably had more games in the back..most of the good 19.99 games for GC were gone..not much of a selection on green tags..i'll probably try again tomorrow or later this week, to see if they have the games on the TRU clearance list[/quote]

I went there last week, but they really don't have much. I've seen some wipeout fusion, a couple of mafia (but I think they're gone now), a bunch of american idol, nothing that stands out. At the beginning of the green tag sale they had a slightly better selection, but now it's mostly kid games or games that belong in the bargain bins.

I may check it out tomorrow if it stops raining and I'll make a note of the games and update it here.

[quote name='ReggAe']does work print out? i mean coupon..
please let me know..[/quote]

Yes, at most places. I mean, it should always scan, but some emplyees might not let you use it.

[quote name='ryosnk']Would the $10 coupon work with the 2 for $30 deal?

Any info would be great thanks. :)[/quote]

I used it before with the 2 for $30 deal.

Coupon itself says it can be used in combination with other deals, which this would qualify for.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='ryosnk']Would the $10 coupon work with the 2 for $30 deal?

Any info would be great thanks. :)[/quote]

I used it before with the 2 for $30 deal.

Coupon itself says it can be used in combination with other deals, which this would qualify for.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, now I can get myself metal gear twin snakes and Sonic collection for the xbox.

770 Rock n Roll

You can also use the coupon to pick up Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow for $15. At the TRU that I was at, it wasn't shown as being clearanced (still 29.95) but it rang up for $19.99- $5 = $15. Also picked up Wold Championship Poker (Xbx) for $12.XX, Katarmari Damacy for $10.24 and Midway Arcade Hits 1 (Xbx) for $3.21!! Thanks to the person who was hosting the coupon!!

Went to TRU in Cary NC and Raleigh NC. Interestingly, I couldn't find any scanners in the store even though the Durham store has at least one outside of R Zone. But I did pick up Jak & Daxter along with Kingdom Hearts for $21. I'd love to pick up Maximo AoZ and Fire Emblem cheap, but I haven't seen FE yet, and AoZ was marked $39.99. :whistle2:(

[quote name='ReggAe']does work print out? i mean coupon..

Yes, but make sure you print it so they can read it. The size doesn't matter because they don't have to scan it. They can just put in the numbers on the barcode and it'll still work.

I combined the two $20 for $30 w/ the $10 off coupon and I got Wario World (non-PC) and Pikmin (PC version) for ~$22. The selection was pretty bad though...

It would've been easier if they had the prices on the items but half of them weren't there and the ones that were there were for a different game.

[quote name='schultzed']Do you want a copy of Xenosaga not GH[/quote]

I would be interested in a copy if your store has afew copies if I may trouble you :D I sent you a PM to see if we could work something out

[quote name='Vinny'][quote name='ReggAe']does work print out? i mean coupon..

Yes, but make sure you print it so they can read it. The size doesn't matter because they don't have to scan it. They can just put in the numbers on the barcode and it'll still work.

I combined the two $20 for $30 w/ the $10 off coupon and I got Wario World (non-PC) and Pikmin (PC version) for ~$22. The selection was pretty bad though...[/quote]

Blame the B2G1 sale, as well as the past times they've done this for the poor stock.

[quote name='schultzed']I would trade a Xenosaga for R-Type Final . . .[/quote]
My TRUs had a few RTypes left, $10 after coupon. If you have anything besides Xenosaga to trade for it let me know.

does anyone make the couppon?
anywayz.. how can make the coupon?
which one is working? i mean ink or lazer?
please let me know...

Yeah the coupon works with the 2 for $30 games as well as all the clearance games, of course. Tonight I got 19 games for $120. That's a little over $6.00 per game. Not a bad way to build your collection. I might go back and get more on Thursday.

i got two games today..if you want decent games you'll be paying 10 bucks a pop

the crappy stuff is under 10 bucks

just wondering what all you guys are planning on doing with all the crappy games?? i've seen some posts about buying 10 or 15 copies of the same game because it was free with the coupon.

crap for free is still crap..this coupon and the sale must be a godsend for the packrats out there :p

[quote name='gsr']i got two games today..if you want decent games you'll be paying 10 bucks a pop

the crappy stuff is under 10 bucks

just wondering what all you guys are planning on doing with all the crappy games?? i've seen some posts about buying 10 or 15 copies of the same game because it was free with the coupon.

crap for free is still crap..this coupon and the sale must be a godsend for the packrats out there :p[/quote]

Devil May Cry is crappy because it's under $10?

Not all the games are crap. Primal is actually pretty good, IMO, even if just for the character design/voice acting and graphics alone. XIII is good...Parappa the Rapper 2 is good...I like R: Racing Evolution even if it didn't get great reviews...all these I got for no more than $2 at TRU. :p I think most people can find SOMEthing worth keeping for mega-cheap. As for the other games? That's why God made Hastings and the 4-for-1 trade-in deal. :D

[quote name='gsr']

crap for free is still crap..this coupon and the sale must be a godsend for the packrats out there :p[/quote]

While I certainly didn't buy 10 or 15 of the same game, I picked up a few extras to use for the Hastings trade-in deal and hopefully the few EB trade-in deals right now. I don't know...I wanted to pick up the 4-for-1 on Goldeneye and the 3-for-1 on X-Men Legends at EB...I just hope that all these games aren't on the exclusion list. It wouldn't surprise me though.

Oh and my story...went to two TRUs...first one went fine, picked up a couple copies each of Ejay Clubworld and Hitman 2 (which, somehow, ended up costing me like 4 bucks...some weird override thing, either way a good deal). Then trekked out to another TRU, spent like 30 minutes picking through to find stuff, took the games up to the register and everything looked fine...and then had to stand there for 20 minutes while the girl had someone take it back to her manager because it was a printout. I felt bad because they only had 2 registers open and there was a line behind me, but they could have just scanned it and been done with it. Instead they rejected it and the manager tried to tell me I could get the 2 for 30 deal which is "basically the same thing." I asked him how that would help me if all the games I was getting were 5 dollar games, to which he had no response. So I just left instead of bothering further with it. Back to the first one to pick up some more games (after stopping to get a better list of possible sale games from this thread)...picked up a couple each of RE: Code Veronica (PS2), Red Faction II (PS2), Primal (PS2) and XIII (PS2) along with this GBA accessory pack that has like a GBA case, game cases, battery pack, light, screen protector and all this other stuff that was marked down to 3 bucks. YMMV on that one.

Wish I could have found Ballistic, but I'll probably go back tomorrow cause I still wanted to pick up Xbox Mafia and Katamari Damacy. Thanks, by the way, for this deal...it's great!

Just picked up a couple of games that were Green Tag'd at 70% off. The coupon didn't work to take off $5 per game. Should've and I didn't realize it until I made it home. Have to head back to TRU and have them fix it manually.

just got back from toys r us..picked up kingdom hearts and ssx 3...i picked games that were cheaper but didnt get them free w/ the coupon for some reason...i got kingdom hearts for 10.09 and SSX 3 for 9.91..those two games were okay...then ps2 intellivision lives cost 15.99 and fatal frame 2 cost 14.98. after the $10 coupon each game became 10.40 and 9.60, shouldn't more have been taken off? also i was charged 7.48 for mafia xb, shouldnt that have been free? i'll probably return the other 3 games if i was charged then

yeah i was told the manager overided it, so i wouldn't get a free game like last time...also because ps2 intellivision (15.99) and fatal frame 2 (14.98) didnt add up to $30, i was able to get only 5 off each game, not 10 ..i wasnt aware of that...anyone else have this problem? i didnt really understand what the customer service guy was talkin about

SF TRU
a ton of these
XIII - $5
Hitman 2 - $6.50
ResEvil: CV - $6.50
1 Primal - green tag $30
a couple of Manhunt - $20
GT3
a couple of Maximo: Ghosts to Glory - $20
Hardly anything had a green tag on it, most had orange tags or had the cheap sticker price.

Picked up Soul Calibur 2 and Ratchet and Clank for $22. Thinking about returning them cause it doesn't really seem worth it.

i just got back from the SF TRU did your coupon work on the cheap games under $19.99..on mine they only took off 5 instead of 10 and got hitman2 and XIII free the other day, they wouldn't give mafia for free this time

if the cheap ones arent free then its not worth it to spend money on older games...the 2 for 20 is a good deal though...how much was sonic mega collection plus xbox at the TRU's you went to? the slip on mine said 21.95 or 22.95, wouldn't be eligible for the deal then

[quote name='bowsernieb']Then trekked out to another TRU, spent like 30 minutes picking through to find stuff, took the games up to the register and everything looked fine...and then had to stand there for 20 minutes while the girl had someone take it back to her manager because it was a printout. I felt bad because they only had 2 registers open and there was a line behind me, but they could have just scanned it and been done with it. Instead they rejected it and the manager tried to tell me I could get the 2 for 30 deal which is "basically the same thing." I asked him how that would help me if all the games I was getting were 5 dollar games, to which he had no response.[/quote]
This very thing happened at my store, except that they accepted it after I explained the following to my employee: Because it was "the same thing," they were about to reject the coupon. However, I asked for him to just scan up the two $15 games I had with the coupon and see how it would turn out, because even though using each one separately would net the same savings, combining them would bring it down to $20 instead of $30. The machine automatically does it. They considered the combination of offers a bug in the system if the two offers combined, but the manager OKed the attempt.

Sure enough, the 2 for $30 set in and then the $10 off, so I got Chessmaster (PS2) and R-Type Final (PS2) for $21 and change. The selection wasn't too great, but I would've preferred some GH games instead of what I got it. (The GH packaging held me back from purchasing them.) I'll have to make a return trip soon.

[quote name='rly723']if the cheap ones arent free then its not worth it to spend money on older games...the 2 for 20 is a good deal though...how much was sonic mega collection plus xbox at the TRU's you went to? the slip on mine said 21.95 or 22.95, wouldn't be eligible for the deal then[/quote]

It's not worth it to spend like $1 or $2 on a game just because it's "old?" Maybe if you were talking about something like the old Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt cartridge for the NES, I'd halfway agree with you...you can get that for free in a lot of cases, and it's so plentiful even 15 years after its release that you can find it everywhere...but PS2, Gamecube, and XBox games aren't worth $1 or $2? That's just...madness. :p

At the Santa Rosa TRU:

ESPN NFL 2K5- $10.00
Crimson Skies- $10.00
Xenosaga- $4.85
RE: CVX- $4.61
Total: 29.46

They had tons of Xenosagas, RE:CVX, and one Katamari Damacy left.
No PSone LCD combos though....

i meant its worth it if its $1 or $2, but only if they give the additonal $5 off with the coupon...i was able to get hitman 2 and XIII for free the other day, then today i went and the manager did an override in the computer, so i had to pay $8 for mafia and didnt get the additional $5 off from intellivision lives and fatal frame 2...its better if i got the cheaper games for free or less than 5, but if its more than that, i'd rather use the money for a better game

rly723 - I got $10 off with the coupon. When I brought it up the cashier went to ask the manager and he ok'd it. But my games weren't going to come out for free so maybe that's why. It was split accordingly the cheaper soul calibur was - 3.54 and R&C got - 6.46, got a $1 from the 2 for $30 promo, not sure how they got that value.

[quote name='bowsernieb']the 3-for-1 on X-Men Legends at EB...[/quote]

Where does it say that deal? BTW: I just traded in 5 Outlaw Golf XMas editions for Burnout 3 at EB today.

today i got these games:
Outlaw golf 2 (PS2) $10
Ultra bust a move (Xbox) $10
Star Wars Starfighter SE (Xbox) $1
Red Faction 2 (xbox) $1
Xenosaga (PS2) $.70
Arc the Lad (PS2) $.76

Good coupon was that was on page 9 of the post.

I also asked an EB employee about Xenosaga, Red faction 2 and Arc the lad would be valid toward the EB trade for X-men legends and it said it was possible.

I got some "free" games that I don't consider crap . . .

Unreal Championship (xbox)
Morrowind (xbox)
Namco Museum (xbox non PH)

2 others that people claim are gems that no one noticed
The Thing (xbox)
Kinetica

Also a replacement copy of Stuntman (needed an extra game on a 4 for Ninja Gaiden trade in deal last year)

EB will give you $30 trade in credit for 3 select games and then they have the $30 X-Men sale. Unless it's been fixed I think the manager has to manually change it so that it works.

How much was Kinetica and Stuntman at your TRU schultzed? I think mine still has one copy stashed deep within the bargain bins.

[quote name='MICHAE2414']How much was Kinetica and Stuntman at your TRU schultzed? I think mine still has one copy stashed deep within the bargain bins.[/quote]

All of the ones listed were in the soft plastic frames (that you cut off later). They mostly said $19.99 but had green tags (or were considered green tags) so they were $4.98 before the cool coupon.

bread's done
Back