UPDATED BestBuy B1G1Free on Sony TV Seasons starts 1/1-2/11, Stargate, more

chalalite

CAGiversary!
DATES CONFIRMED Promotion will run through 2/11

THIS IS AVAILABLE ONLINE
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&cmp=&id=pcmcat79000050018

I cut this off the website:
Offer applies only to the select titles listed. DVDs must be purchased in multiples of two (2) within the same transaction. You will receive the lower priced of the DVDs for free. Offer does not apply to prior purchases.
Should work the same in the store, but I'll check once the registers open up this morning.

It looks like a lot of the Sony TV seasons are going to be buy one get one free at Best Buy starting tomorrow. Sadly I don't have complete information about this, just a sign that says buy one get one free and a planogram with the titles that are to go with it. I won't know for sure how they ring out until tomorrow, when I can test them at a register. They will most likely either both ring out at half price, or the cheaper of the two will ring out for free.

There should be a cart on the racetrack set up in the stores with these on it. I don't know if it includes the seasons of the shows that aren't listed on the planogram, but it is likely that the rest of the seasons of these shows would also be included with this. As I said, I can't completely verify any of this until tomorrow. The cart this is planoed on usually only changes once every two months or so. It is likely that this promotion would run the full length of this, and also sure to be advertised sometime in this time span, but the signage and the planogram are supposed to be set up tomorrow.

Anyway, I know this is what you want to see:

All in the Family 1 - 4
Dawsons Creek 1-5
Good Times 5
King of Queens 1-4
Married with Children 1-4
Newsradio 1
Outer Limits 1
Rescue Me 1
Sanford and Son 1, 2, 3, 6
Seinfeld 1&2 - 6
Soap 1 - 4
Stargate 2 - 8

I see some of the seasons on the website that aren't listed here are available for this deal, but it doesn't look like season 1 of Stargate is... I'll edit this to the exact list when I can later today, until then I would go off the list from the link to the website above.

[quote name='alongx']I almost hope this isn't true, otherwise I may purchase all seinfelds + rescue me[/QUOTE]

I finally broke down and bought all the Seinfelds this past week. I know your pain.

I just bought Seinfeld 5 and 6 from Amazon, but those can be returned if this deal is running.

Also, are you sure Stargate season 1 isn't included? I wanted to pick up 1 and 2 after missing out on them in the DDD sale.

[quote name='chalalite']It looks like a lot of the Sony TV seasons are going to be buy one get one free at Best Buy starting tomorrow. Sadly I don't have complete information about this, just a sign that says buy one get one free and a planogram with the titles that are to go with it. I won't know for sure how they ring out until tomorrow, when I can test them at a register. They will most likely either both ring out at half price, or the cheaper of the two will ring out for free.

There should be a cart on the racetrack set up in the stores with these on it. I don't know if it includes the seasons of the shows that aren't listed on the planogram, but it is likely that the rest of the seasons of these shows would also be included with this. As I said, I can't completely verify any of this until tomorrow. The cart this is planoed on usually only changes once every two months or so. It is likely that this promotion would run the full length of this, and also sure to be advertised sometime in this time span, but the signage and the planogram are supposed to be set up tomorrow.

Anyway, I know this is what you want to see:

All in the Family 1, 2, and 4
Dawsons Creek 1-5
Good Times 5
King of Queens 1-4
Married with Children 1-4
Newsradio 1
Outer Limits 1
Rescue Me 1
Sanford and Son 1, 2, 3, 6
Seinfeld 1&2 - 6
Soap 1 - 4
Stargate 2 - 8

I will verify as soon as I can tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

still not worth it cause last i looked BB wants 60 per set for stargate.. compair to DDD who only wanted 32

Like I said, I believe the other seasons of these shows probably are included, but I have no way to verify this until tomorrow.

[quote name='slidecage']still not worth it cause last i looked BB wants 60 per set for stargate.. compair to DDD who only wanted 32[/QUOTE]

Damn! I was thinking this would be nice for anyone that missed the DDD sale, but I guess not.

[quote name='Hardware']I finally broke down and bought all the Seinfelds this past week. I know your pain.[/QUOTE]

I love Seinfeld, and I have the money from Christmas, but I just A) Don't want to spend it quite yet, and B) don't have the room for storage. It's going to put a serious cramp on my already low space situation.

I have to go by BB tomorrow anyway, may pick up Shaun of the Dead, if this is true, I may walk out with Seinfeld 1-6 + Rescue Me S1 as well...

[quote name='slidecage']still not worth it cause last i looked BB wants 60 per set for stargate.. compair to DDD who only wanted 32[/QUOTE]

Not True.

Best Buy charges 43.99 for sets 1-5; S6 and S7 are $50 each and S8 is only $40. Not as good as DDD, but still pretty good deals with B1G1. Just have to make sure to buy S6 and S7 on a separate ticket to maximize the discount.

Hopefully this sale is for two months like the OP said.. want to get Seinfeld Seasons 3 - 6 but don't have the cash ATM.

God do I wish the Battlestar Galactica Season 2.0 was in this. That and Rescue Me s1 are the only real pulls I'd like.

[quote name='sman113']Not True.

Best Buy charges 43.99 for sets 1-5; S6 and S7 are $50 each and S8 is only $40. Not as good as DDD, but still pretty good deals with B1G1. Just have to make sure to buy S6 and S7 on a separate ticket to maximize the discount.[/QUOTE]

still not worth it... they was barly worth 16 each

Man I'm thinking about using that BB giftcard and the money i got for Christmas on the Seinfeld sets but I've already got such a backlog on DVD's that I may just wait. Is there any ad to confirm this or do you just have to ring them up at the register?

How much are the Seinfeld seasons normally? $30? If it was a B1G1, it'd come out to around $45 for 2 of them, right? You can get seasons 1-6 at Amazon for $125 shipped. I'm just trying to figure out which is the better deal.

[quote name='chalalite']Like I said, I believe the other seasons of these shows probably are included, but I have no way to verify this until tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
AHEM

And since this is exactly the same as the DDD and the Amazon sale (except from BB's prices, not as good), I can guarantee that it'll only be seasons 1-4 of Seinfeld, unless there's a misprint or something.

Moviestop (if you have one in your area) is also running 50% off ALL TV sets if your BB is out. Just thought I'd throw that one out there.

[quote name='Trakan']How much are the Seinfeld seasons normally? $30? If it was a B1G1, it'd come out to around $45 for 2 of them, right? You can get seasons 1-6 at Amazon for $125 shipped. I'm just trying to figure out which is the better deal.[/QUOTE]

If they are $30 each, it'd be $30 for 2, wouldn't it?

[quote name='wubb']If they are $30 each, it'd be $30 for 2, wouldn't it?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

See? That's why I had to ask. :lol:

Thanks wubb.

[quote name='slidecage']still not worth it... they was barly worth 16 each[/QUOTE]

i'd have to respectfully disagree, 5 discs for $20 and nearly 20 hours of entertainment is quite worth it. This show is great, especially in its early years.

[quote name='sman113']i'd have to respectfully disagree, 5 discs for $20 and nearly 20 hours of entertainment is quite worth it. This show is great, especially in its early years.[/QUOTE]

Definitely worth it - personally, I can't even relate to someone who says Stargate isn't any good. That's like saying Lord of the Rings or Seinfeld sucks. I'm sure people are out there who think that - but I'm also pretty sure something's wrong with them. ;)

EDIT: Well, I gotta thank CAG for helping me really stretch a BB gift card. I ended up with Rise of the Kasai & Seinfeld seasons 5&6, all out of a $50 gift card. I only had to pay a few bucks tax. :)

Great success!

Works in store, though you have to have only the two items on the receipt. Also, some of the Seinfelds are a few dollars more in store than they are online, though the difference is negligable.

Darn, nothing I see that I really want. Maybe Outer Limits and something else like Married with Children, but nothing really spectacular.

So how much are the Seinfeld sets usually in the store? They are listed as $39.99-41.99 online right now.....

That makes it $20 plus tax each for 4 sets and then you are still missing 1 set with this deal since seasons 1&2 are one set.

[quote name='$hady']So how much are the Seinfeld sets usually in the store? They are listed as $39.99-41.99 online right now.....

That makes it $20 plus tax each for 4 sets and then you are still missing 1 set with this deal since seasons 1&2 are one set.[/QUOTE]

Seasons 1&2 and Season 3 are $39.99. The rest are $41.99. I personally picked up Rescue Me season 1 at $41.99 to come to an even 6 box sets. Oh well, that's what Christmas money is for.

do they have to be purchased 2 at a time cuz everytime i add them all only one gets shown as free?

This is being advertised in the stores. Most stores should have a cart set up with all the titles on it, and there should be smaller signs in front of the individual titles. However, if the store doesn't have anything set up to promote this I believe it should still work at the register.

I went to one in Arlington, VA today and they had them all on a shelf together with a big B1G1 sign over top of them. Got my S5&6 Seinfeld today, they were a couple of dollars cheaper doing the in-store pick up ($41.99 in store, $39.99 online).

Just picked up Seinfeld S4 and Rescue me S1.

I was going to pick up 5,6 of seinfeld but I got 1,2,3 box set and I like the 5,6 one as well.

None of that is interesting BUT I did notice they had a few seasons of Freinds on the shelf as well. Didnt try but It had seas 1,2,6,7 all on the rack with the other byg1 sets.

Im just wondering if maybe other sets ar eon sale and I didn tnotice them. It said"sony box set" sale so who knows.

i went yesterday to best buy in Maple Grove, MN and there was nothing about it. The employees knew nothing about it and the sets rung up at full price. This runs long enough for me to go back and try in a week or so.

Do it online and do in store pickup, saves a couple of bucks and they don't have to know anything about it, just give you your DVDs.

I'd be all over this on the Seinfelds ... but ... I got the first 2 volumes (s1,2,3) for 19.99 each with the Hollywood Video ad goof up ... and the 5th and 6th seasons with the misleading Sears ad for 9.99 each. I think s4 I got for 29.99 somewhere ...

But, if I can scrounge up some cash, I'm all over Married With Children.

FYI if nobody has checked next week's ads, but Best Buy is having a sale on all these box sets next week.

All Seinfeld seasons are $34.99, while all of King of Queens and Married With Children are $24.99...

that even makes the buy 1 get one deals better. The married with children seasons were around 35$ in store. Thats $10 off and buy 1 get one free!!! Insane!

bread's done
Back