W: Nintendoland (Wii U-Digital Download) H: Paypal/Amazon GC

I think someone had $12 for Ninja Gaiden down at some point, but I don't know whether it was before or after you posted that....

[quote name='Shady3011']Yeah. Goomba said it ended at 59 and not when it rolls over.[/QUOTE]

That was my impression, but I'm assuming he will go with the option that makes more money (who wouldn't?). Oh well, at least I get in on some Mario Sunshine action!

[quote name='WHFinest187']pretty sure i won
sniped at 11:59
o well good show if u won sir[/quote]
I was under the impression I had to have my post on before it rolled to 11:59, hence why mine was earlier than that.

[quote name='distgfx']everything past post #431 was too late, sorry![/QUOTE]
I'm new to this auction business so hopefully you're right
Persona 4 and Nocturne :)

[quote name='IvanHood']That was my impression, but I'm assuming he will go with the option that makes more money (who wouldn't?). Oh well, at least I get in on some Mario Sunshine action![/quote]

I'm assuming he would take that option too--the clock is too inaccurate a measure for taking in bids. This auction method needs to change in order for ridiculous bids/out-bids in the last 1:00-1:15 of every auction in this forum.

[quote name='Placebo']I think someone had $12 for Ninja Gaiden down at some point, but I don't know whether it was before or after you posted that....[/quote]

Well, I have been looking since around 11pm and since then it wasn't passed that I hope, or it should have been updated.

Edit: Looked from yesterdays posts and most was $10.50

Regardless of who won, all is fair in love and war. We'll wait for Goomba for official rulings and whatnot, but I'm not going to be extremely pissy or anything like that if I lose the auction. That would be childish.

[quote name='distgfx']everything past post #431 was too late, sorry![/quote]

That REALLY sucks...I'm #432!!! The CAG time + send times have screwed me 2x now. :cry:

[quote name='ethwang']That REALLY sucks...I'm #432!!! The CAG time + send times have screwed me 2x now. :cry:[/quote]
Again, wait for Goomba to post before you have actually thought that you lost. In my opinion those who posted at 11:59:01 should not win (because it ends at 11:59:00, not 11:59:59), but again, the cutoff is whatever Goomba would like to say it is and nothing else.

Every other lowball auction with 11:59PM as the time limit meant it ended at 11:59:59 PM. I don't see why this one would be any different.

My times were really close luckily. And yeah, I assumed it was a cut-off time of 11:59:59pm, not 11:59:00pm. That would just be random.

[quote name='distgfx']Every other lowball auction with 11:59PM as the time limit meant it ended at 11:59:59 PM. I don't see why this one would be any different.[/quote]
Well the clock doesn't measure in seconds on the forum, so why on earth would it end at that point in time. Again, that doesn't make any sense, and you should wait until the OP posts to deny people their bids.

I'm happy with what I got. The main one I wanted was Mario Kart Ive really been wanting to play it lately and at a sick good price at that,
Goomba to save you some trouble I will move all my winning bids to this post for easy referencing
* Mario Kart Double Dash!! (a few light scratches) - $10
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (PC/GH) - $5
Sonic Mega Collection - (light scratches, no manual) - $3.00
onic Gems Collection - Great Condition (a few VERY light scratches) - $4.00
let me know what the shipping costs will be

[quote name='Placebo']Well the clock doesn't measure in seconds on the forum, so why on earth would it end at that point in time. Again, that doesn't make any sense, and you should wait until the OP posts to deny people their bids.[/quote]

Synchronization, that's how you can do it.

I don't see what's not to make sense about it, it still shows 11:59 regardless...

this is madness!!!! LOL
lowball auction gone out of hand!

since it does say ends at 11:59.... and since forum does not track seconds, i'd say every1 that put in their bids at 11:59 should be ok.

but who know. it is really up to goomba.

I guess whoever runs next auction should write the auction end date in detail to the seconds.

[quote name='pr3mium']My times were really close luckily. And yeah, I assumed it was a cut-off time of 11:59:59pm, not 11:59:00pm. That would just be random.[/quote]

That NG will be mine! j/k it was fun...even if I lost.

[quote name='pr3mium']My times were really close luckily. And yeah, I assumed it was a cut-off time of 11:59:59pm, not 11:59:00pm. That would just be random.[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely gonna 2nd this and I dont even think its up for debate

Regardless of what happens, congratulations to those that have won, and obviously no hard feelings between any CAGers I should hope.

[quote name='Placebo']Regardless of what happens, congratulations to those that have won, and obviously no hard feelings between any CAGers I should hope.[/quote]

But of course, all is fair in love and war, like it was stated last page.

[quote name='distgfx']Synchronization, that's how you can do it.

I don't see what's not to make sense about it, it still shows 11:59 regardless...[/quote]
No it doesn't because there is a 45 second delay on the forum clock

I'm going off eBay standards since 11:59 would mean at that time and not when it's not 11:59 anymore. Otherwise, you might as well say it ends at midnight.

[quote name='DAWG26']That NG will be mine! j/k it was fun...even if I lost.[/quote]

Yeah. There'll be other sales like this coming too.

[quote name='Placebo']No it doesn't because there is a 45 second delay on the forum clock[/quote]

Is there? let's find out *tests*

EDIT: Nope, not for me.

[quote name='Shady3011']I'm going off eBay standards since 11:59 would mean at that time and not when it's not 11:59 anymore. Otherwise, you might as well say it ends at midnight.[/quote]

That's what it looked like. But when you think about it for a minute it's kind of obvious that it's not 11:59 on the dot.

tis a shame that he's asleep lol
if i won, please send total ASAP so that i can clear payment ASAP and hopefully get it mailed tomorrow
THANKS GUYS! :)

Haha, ironic isn't it?

Same goes for me, no use arguing over anything. If I've won anything Goomba, please send me a message via PM to verify how much I owe you via PP. Thanks again, and congratulations on what seems to be a successful lowball auction.

Cheers.
Matt

I'm hoping I won the mystery box being that I'm the last person to bid on it before the clock hit 11:59 (assuming it ended right away) but multiple people bid on it AT 11:59...I guess we'll find out tomorrow

Man, I have no chance to compete with these snipers with my crappy dial-up connection
Also I'm pretty sure he stated clearly that only bids before 11:59 would be accepted so XX should have won the mystery box

Well it's hard to tell. Because most people like myself were'nt sure and guessed that it'd be 11:59:59 because ending at 11:58:59 seems alittle strange and the way it was put it makes sense as 11:59:59

Final list (with 11:59 prices in parentheses)

[Super Special Items:]
"Special dv8mad mystery box!" - $36.00 - xxtheycallmedxx (62t with $37)
(It will be a decent sized box full of cool(?) stuff shipped to the winner directly from Japan.
No shipping fee for this item and the money from the winning bid should be paid directly to you!)
----Donated by dv8mad himself----- THANKS!
* 1600 Microsoft Points (Code Sent Via PM) - $17.00 - 8bitwonder
----Donated by hockeystealth13----- I really appreciate your generosity. Thanks!

[Nintendo DS] :ds:
* Advance Wars: Dual Strike -
$11.00 - JohnDoeChan (dinobot with $11.50)
* Children of Mana - $7.00 - IvanHood (dinobot with $8.00)
* Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo Tales - $6.25 - Sky Hawk (Sky Hawk with $7.50)
* Rondo of Swords - $6.00 - bigblock0303 (dinobot with $7.00)
* Gunpey DS -
$2.00 - 8bitwonder
* Point Blank DS - $5.00 - Shady3011
* Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - $10.00 - JohnDoeChan (Sky Hawk with $10.50)
* Master of Illusion with Cards [Brand New/Factory Sealed] - $4.00 - chinezekid1
* Star Wars Lethal Alliance - $2.00 - chakan
* Trauma Center 2 [Brand New/Factory Sealed] - $11.50 - coriimon

[Nintendo Wii] :wii:
* Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition [Brand New/Factory Sealed] - $15.00 - dv8mad

[Xbox 360] :360:
* Ninja Gaiden II [Brand New/Factory Sealed] - $10.50 -
8bitwonder (pr3mium with $11.52) [$12.00 - fazfznz under review]

[Sony PS3] :ps3:
* Uncharted: Drake's Fortune [Brand New/Factory Sealed] -
$28.00 - Missingdata (62t with $29.00)
* Haze [Brand New/Factory Sealed] - $9.00 - johnnyrocker360

[Sony PS2] :ps2:
* Persona 4 [Brand New/Factory Sealed] - $22.00 - JohnDoeChan (WHFinest187 with $23.50)
* Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne - $25.00 - Placebo (WHFinest187 with $25.50)

[Sony PSP] :pSP:
* R-Type Command
- $6.00 - IvanHood (the_punisher with $6.50)

[Nintendo Gamecube] :gc:
* Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (PC/GH) -
$5.00 - iamryanstover
* Sonic Gems Collection - Great Condition (a few VERY light scratches) - $4.00 - iamryanstover
* Tales of Symphonia (2-Discs) - $15.50 - Mako1215
* Luigi's Mansion (Black Label) (a few VERY light scratches) - $10.00 - Shady3011
* Super Mario Sunshine (PC/GH) - $12.00 - IvanHood
* Simpsons Road Rage - $6.50 - moetezhab
* Simpsons Hit & Run
- $6.50 - moetezhab
* Mario Kart Double Dash!! (a few light scratches) - $10.00 - iamryanstover
* The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures - (a few light scratches) - Doesn't include GBA Link cable -
$10.00 - Shady3011 (the_punisher with $10.50)
* Sonic Mega Collection - (light scratches, no manual) - $3.00 - iamryanstover
* Resident Evil 4 (Black Label) - MINT - $8.00 - samisdumm
* 2002 FIFA World Cup - $1.00 - moetezhab

[Microsoft Xbox] :xbox:
* Star Wars Battlefront - $1.50 chinezekid1

[DVD Box Sets] :dvd:
* Heroes: Season 1 Box Set -
$16.50 - JohnDoeChan
* Heroes: Season 2 Box Set - $15.50 - JohnDoeChan

Let me know if I missed you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pr3mium']Well it's hard to tell. Because most people like myself were'nt sure and guessed that it'd be 11:59:59 because ending at 11:58:59 seems alittle strange and the way it was put it makes sense as 11:59:59[/quote]

I'm still holding out hope that Goomba recognizes the poor saps with bad internet connections...

[quote name='pr3mium']Well it's hard to tell. Because most people like myself were'nt sure and guessed that it'd be 11:59:59 because ending at 11:58:59 seems alittle strange and the way it was put it makes sense as 11:59:59[/quote]

I'm completely agree with it being hard to tell.I assumed that as soon as it hit 11:59 it was all over,but I can see how people could think that 11:59:59 was the end as well...except post don't display seconds so I think and hope the first scenario is more likely...

[quote name='fazfznz']Shady3011: you forgot about my offer.[/quote]

Sorry. I somehow missed it due to the text color.

Edit: Hm, you edited your post. Now I'll need someone else to verify if you had that up before you edited it.

If a coupon/weekly sale ends on 2/28/09, then it's good through and including 2/28/09. Bids for this auction should be good through and including 11:59 PM. I believe that was what he intended. But it's Goomba's call though.

bread's done
Back