We had to import RPG Thread XII from Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iunno, they all look at least teenage except for that first one. Just flat for the most part.

[quote name='icebeast']Fairly sure it is: "I walk into your well lit face."[/quote]

Found what I think is an official lyric for the line:

"I walk into your world". I guess that's plausible enough, but I'll never, ever be able to un-hear "I barbecue your family" much like the "burnt lasagna" line in P3's dorm music :lol:

And now for the Persona character most likely to actually barbecue your family or fill your body with a burnt lasagna:

2lt0b6b.jpg

Translation reads "skillfully baked", hah.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']What did you settle on? I hear it as "Sorry, can you make the music louder. I can't help it 'cause of my dream."[/QUOTE]

I've always heard the end as "I get kind of dizzy because of my dream" or something along those lines. I don't believe they've ever released official lyrics, so it may be the great unanswerable question. It's definitely the most indecipherable line in the game.

I don't think that we ever actually came to a consensus on the Rise lyrics. Here's my take:

Sorry, could you please ignore her
You can't diss the birth of my dream
Sorry, can you make the music louder
You can't diss the birth of my dream

Not that any of this makes any sense, it's just what I hear, hah.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Old enough to pee, old enough for me.[/QUOTE]
it's a picture, so it won't!

man i hate lolis, they ruin everything.
i really hate the real life lolis too! wtf is this crap!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGV8_jGo49k

(but since the japanese music industry moves at 9999 km/h, you can blink twice and then they turn into full fledged sexy adults. life is great.)

[quote name='Hell Monkey']How it goes.

They start with

misha.jpg

Then about half-way through go to

MISHA.jpg

Least this one is stable

ar_tonelico_07_thumb.jpg

Though in Phrase 3 they go complete loli

Shurelia_Standard.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Wait, what is this? I must not have made it that far into the game. They get younger as it goes on? Jesus.

Well you start with Jailbait Misha and regular Aurica. Then you get older big boob MIsha and regualr Aurcia.

And then
Shurelia
takes off her armor and joins and well looks 5.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']So what is the deal with EP and IS again? Which is the "main series" and which is the "alternate timeline" version?[/QUOTE]

They both are part of the 'main' series.
EP is a timeline reboot of IS. There's numerous references and spoilers in EP about IS.

If you haven't played EP before and you plan to play both, play IS first, then EP.

[quote name='fwbweux'] We had such fun trying to decipher Rise's stripper dungeon lyrics in the past. Some of the giant masses of indecipherable Engrish in Persona PSP put everything in P4 to shame, hah.[/QUOTE]

I know there are lyrics there, but all I hear is OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ

[quote name='whoknows']Was it as good as everyone in this thread is making it out to be?[/QUOTE]

No, it was mediocre at best. I'm glad I got my play through over with though so I don't have another unplayed game hanging over my head.

[quote name='whoknows']Sounds like it's not worth stopping my Alone In The Dark playthrough for.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how much better Alone in the Dark is, but you should stop it and play Disgaea 4 when it comes out!

[quote name='Cheska19']I don't know how much better Alone in the Dark is, but you should stop it and play Disgaea 4 when it comes out![/QUOTE]

Or just play Disgaea 3 right now!

Or any NIS game, really.

They're all the same.

[quote name='Cheska19']I don't know how much better Alone in the Dark is, but you should stop it and play Disgaea 4 when it comes out![/QUOTE]

Alone In The Dark has a button dedicated to blinking, so it's pretty great.

Getting Disgaea 4 and Resistance 3 on the same day sounds dangerous.

media only pays attention to mainstream gaming like Mass Effect and its 0.5 seconds of bare ass.

god help us all if they found out highschool kids shoot themselves in the face to summon magical beasts.

[quote name='panzerfaust']god help us all if they found out highschool kids shoot themselves in the face to summon magical beasts.[/QUOTE]

Didn't they?

[quote name='bvharris']The US media is going to LOVE this one.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that a single media organization created even the tiniest fuss about things like Catherine even though some feared it would get lots of bad PR from family groups and the like, so this'll be fine. A game generally has to have some level of mainstream recognition before there are Hot Coffee/No Russian/etc moral panics, fortunately.

I've finally made my peace with digital distribution for niche Japanese games so I'm not ruling out buying Corpse Party. I just hope it's $20 instead of $30 when it comes out (especially since I'll need a new memory stick, mine's almost full :bomb:)

[quote name='Indignate']I think I remember there being a little buzz about it.

No where near Mass Effect on Fox news
or wherever it was.
[/QUOTE]

If it wasn't on CNN/Fox/MSNBC/reputable newspaper/evening news/etc. it's within my acceptable limits of "no coverage" :p Plenty of smaller organizations troll for hits with tabloid pieces on games; I'm pretty sure that some British news site recently had a minor freakout about the character viewer in No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise, for instance, even though that's about as obscure as it gets.

Oh yeah, the Mass Effect thing on Fox. That was hilarious. I'm pretty sure they went after Bulletstorm for being generically "offensive" a while back, too.

[quote name='whoknows']Alone In The Dark has a button dedicated to blinking, so it's pretty great.

Getting Disgaea 4 and Resistance 3 on the same day sounds dangerous.[/QUOTE]

I thought you laughed in the face of danger? :p

Corpse Party makes my stomach curl, it just looks damn creepy.

[quote name='Cheska19']
Corpse Party makes my stomach curl, it just looks damn creepy.[/QUOTE]

I believe that's the intended reaction. :D

[quote name='panzerfaust']god help us all if they found out highschool kids shoot themselves in the face to summon magical beasts.[/QUOTE]
well, god didn't help us all.

in fact, you had to slay god.

... by shooting yourself in the face.
(i thought yukari's was the worst. it was so hilarious. durr what's this gun BANG)

[quote name='kainzero'](i thought yukari's was the worst. it was so hilarious. durr what's this gun BANG)[/QUOTE]

I don't know about any of you, but when I see a weapon the first thing I do is test it out on myself just in case I'm imbued with some kind of otherworldly power instead of horribly maimed/killed.

[quote name='Cheska19']I thought you laughed in the face of danger? :p[/QUOTE]

You do make a compelling argument. Looks like I might have to get it.

[quote name='Indignate']I think I remember there being a little buzz about it.

No where near Mass Effect on Fox news
or wherever it was.
[/QUOTE]

Remember when they found out about that Rapelay game, I was shocked they found an actual legitimacy disgusting game to complain about.

[quote name='fwbweux']I don't know about any of you, but when I see a weapon the first thing I do is test it out on myself just in case I'm imbued with some kind of otherworldly power instead of horribly maimed/killed.[/QUOTE]
huh?

i just like how she sticks it in between her eyes, she looks so dumb. and she does it every single time!

but she wears a short skirt so i'll forgive her.

[quote name='fwbweux']I don't know about any of you, but when I see a weapon the first thing I do is test it out on myself just in case I'm imbued with some kind of otherworldly power instead of horribly maimed/killed.[/QUOTE]

They were totally rocking blanks. So that second thing could never happen.

My Disgaea 4 shipped yesterday. I'm not sure if I'm going to jump in as soon as it arrives or wait a couple weeks. Especially since I think White Knight Chronicles II comes the week after and then Atelier Totori is the week after that.

Also, I played through Breath of Death VII yesterday and started Cthulu Saves the World today.

[quote name='kainzero']

but she wears a short skirt so i'll forgive her.[/QUOTE]

*while walking up the ladder to the monorail*

Yukari : DON'T LOOK

Me thinking : "well go last bitch!"

She's still cute though. :3

[quote name='kainzero']huh?

i just like how she sticks it in between her eyes, she looks so dumb. and she does it every single time!

but she wears a short skirt so i'll forgive her.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Indignate']They were totally rocking blanks. So that second thing could never happen.[/QUOTE]

I know, I wasn't specifically referencing how Yukari uses her Evoker :lol:

I do wonder what gimmicky thing the characters in P5 will do to summon Personas, though. P3 had guns, P4 had...uhh...crushing a card or something. I think it's time to go back to something freaky.

[quote name='jello44']*while walking up the ladder to the monorail*

Yukari : DON'T LOOK

Me thinking : "well go last bitch!"

She's still cute though. :3[/QUOTE]

It's cuz she want's you to look. That's why she points it out. It immediately becomes the forefront of your attention.

Classic maneuver.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']My Disgaea 4 shipped yesterday. I'm not sure if I'm going to jump in as soon as it arrives or wait a couple weeks. Especially since I think White Knight Chronicles II comes the week after and then Atelier Totori is the week after that.

Also, I played through Breath of Death VII yesterday and started Cthulu Saves the World today.[/QUOTE]

I forgot about WKC II. I'm totally getting it.

[quote name='fwbweux']I do wonder what gimmicky thing the characters in P5 will do to summon Personas, though. P3 had guns, P4 had...uhh...crushing a card or something. I think it's time to go back to something freaky.[/QUOTE]
That's true. Margaret was no Elizabeth, and tarot cards were no Evokers. I mean, it's good that they didn't want to repeat themselves, but the Evokers in P3 were just so iconic and cool. I can't imagine what can top or even match them.

[quote name='whoknows']I forgot about WKC II. I'm totally getting it.[/QUOTE]

Are you really getting it? Because a couple of us are going to have some online gaming sessions after we beat the SP.

Replaying P4 is so much fun, especially coming off of an 80 hour P3P playthrough where it was starting to drag on. Just makes the changes in P4 that much more appreciated.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']That's true. Margaret was no Elizabeth, and tarot cards were no Evokers. I mean, it's good that they didn't want to repeat themselves, but the Evokers in P3 were just so iconic and cool. I can't imagine what can top or even match them.[/QUOTE]

In Persona 5, the Personas shoot themselves in the head to summon you.

*whatatweest.jpg*

Actually, whatever overarching theme P5 has, I'm sure the summoning mechanism will have something to do with that. P3 was all "memento mori" so we had faux-suicide. P4 was...uhh...TVs and stuff and, well, the tarot cards had absolutely nothing to do with that. Should have been remote controls or something. So if P5 is cooking-themed, spatulas. If P5 is medicine-themed, syringes or stethoscopes or something. If it's art-themed, I guess a camera or paintbrush, etc etc.

The tarot cards have been in all the games, I think they used it in P4 just to have a more physical representation of it, like how P3 had with the evokers.

I honestly don't care what they use to summon. They can stick with tarot cards or go with whatever the theme of the game is.

[quote name='fwbweux']In Persona 5, the Personas shoot themselves in the head to summon you.[/QUOTE]
So P5 takes place in Russia? That is a twist.

[quote name='Cheska19']Are you really getting it? Because a couple of us are going to have some online gaming sessions after we beat the SP.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I've been holding off on playing WKC1 because of it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']So P5 takes place in Russia? That is a twist.[/QUOTE]

Communism and/or winter theme confirmed for P5. Main character uses a hammer and sickle, his persona is Baba Yaga, it uses Bufu spells.

[quote name='fwbweux']Yeah, it's not a big issue, I'm just a whore for P5 speculation.[/QUOTE]

I'm way more interested in the color scheme.

Orange & Teal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back