We had to import RPG Thread XII from Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bvharris']If by sweet you mean "weird as all hell" then very. :D[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, yeah.

[quote name='bvharris']Sounds like Corpse Party to me (the few comments on the video seem to agree).[/QUOTE]

From what I can gather, the official name of the Japanese game is "Corpse Party: Blood Covered... Repeated Fear." How awesome would it be if it held onto that name for NA. :lol:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']
From what I can gather, the official name of the Japanese game is "Corpse Party: Blood Covered... Repeated Fear." How awesome would it be if it held onto that name for NA. :lol:[/QUOTE]

From the little I've heard about it over the past couple days, I think that's the sequel, but I could be wrong. I don't even know what kind of game it is, is it an RPG?

[quote name='ChibiJosh']From the little I've heard about it over the past couple days, I think that's the sequel, but I could be wrong. I don't even know what kind of game it is, is it an RPG?[/QUOTE]
It looks like an adventure game/visual novel, played like a top-down JRPG, and apparently it was initially created as an indie project in one of those RPG Maker programs.

It's pretty confusing since there seem to be a bunch of versions of the original game, plus a PSP sequel called "Book of Shadows" that's played from a first-person perspective. I think that "Blood Covered Repeated Fear" is the PSP version of the first game, and that's what XSeed is bringing over. I am piecing all of this together from various Siliconera articles; I can't believe there's no Wikipedia page for this series since it seems to be fairly popular.

[quote name='panzerfaust']best place to download the nihongo version?[/QUOTE]
hongfire.

the name corpse party reminds me of monster party, which is a super whack game on the NES where you fight tempura.

Whoever decided to not include an onscreen map in Ar Tonelico 3 is the biggest moron in this industry. Spent two hours trying to find my way out of a tower because there's absolutely no sense of direction.

Got my Xenoblade today. Put about 30 minutes into it so far. The combat seems very FF XIIish but I will need to play more. Overall I don't have much thoughts on it yet but it seems pretty good. Hopefully it picks up fast.

Also traded in some games for Disgaea 4 on Tuesday. The nice man at BB gave me a gift card with the 40% bonus since I told him I would preorder a game. Since they didn't have Disgaea 4 in the system I just walked out without preordering anything :lol:. Still though I will use that credit on Disgaea.

[quote name='kainzero']hongfire.

the name corpse party reminds me of monster party, which is a super whack game on the NES where you fight tempura.[/QUOTE]

You also fought that really hard boss that told you he was dead before you have a chance to fight him.
sorry_im_dead+monster+party.png

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Gross, Ar Tonelico 3.[/QUOTE]
I like how the first two Ar tonelico games let you choose between an older-looking, better endowed girl and a loli, and then in Ar tonelico III-- two lolis. Guess they know their audience.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I like how the first two Ar tonelico games let you choose between an older-looking, better endowed girl and a loli, and then in Ar tonelico III-- two lolis. Guess they know their audience.[/QUOTE]

One of the biggest turn offs to the game. You can choose an older personae after you unclock it, but you still have to deal with the lolis during cutscenes :roll:

Also, lulz http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/persona2tsumi/review.html

[quote name='jello44']Dem thighhighs.[/QUOTE]
you can be cool and pretend to be japanese and say zettai ryouiki instead!

i listened to some japanese guy rap about it! then i said fml why am i watching this crap!

and now i sound like jekki!

[quote name='Hell Monkey']And she can take off her hat. You can't take off your stupid! :shame:[/QUOTE]

Isn't it a turn off when she reveals her bald spot though?

I'm assuming that's why she wears a hat.

Ches: lol @ Gamespot. I stopped reading their reviews after they gave Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn a 6.0 for not having Mii support. I'll admit that I found Persona PSP too archaic for my tastes, but I'm pretty sure that I'll enjoy Innocent Sin.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I like how the first two Ar tonelico games let you choose between an older-looking, better endowed girl and a loli, and then in Ar tonelico III-- two lolis. Guess they know their audience.[/QUOTE]

Boobs are extremely difficult to render in HD, and you know how behind the curve JRPG developers are technologically.

User review for it is 9 so far :bouncy: I have a feeling this chick hasn't played many SMT games. They all pretty much have a high encounter rate.

The biggest problem with Radiant Dawn is that it proves just how firmly rooted Fire Emblem is in its ways; it makes absolutely no effort at all to adapt and change from its predecessors. Despite being a Wii game, it doesn't make any attempt to use any of the system's strengths, such as Mii support, online support, or motion controls and pointing, even though the advantages of such integration should be plainly obvious.

69qqaa.jpg

[quote name='Cheska19']User review for it is 9 so far :bouncy: I have a feeling this chick hasn't played many SMT games. They all pretty much have a high encounter rate.[/QUOTE]

I can imagine that anyone who's played Persona 3 and 4 and then plays Persona 1 and 2 expecting them to be the same thing might come away disappointed.

Edit: Discerning gamers always demand Mii support.

[quote name='fwbweux']Boobs are extremely difficult to render in HD, and you know how behind the curve JRPG developers are technologically.[/QUOTE]
Ah, the Final Fantasy XIII defense. Houses are also extremely difficult to render in HD, don't you know.

[quote name='bvharris']Edit: Discerning gamers always demand Mii support.[/QUOTE]

I remember that the whole time I was playing Metroid Prime 3, it was so immersion-breaking to always see that faint reflection of Samus' face staring back at me in the visor when I really wanted to see those hilarious Batman and Peter Griffin Miis that I learned how to make from a Mii gallery site. Thanks to Nintendo's stubborn insistence on shoving their own characters down your throat the game was a 4 at best, and I'm honestly being generous.

Gimme the older and better endowed girls over the "looks like a young Japanese boy" lolis any day. :cool:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Wasn't Radiant Dawn developed for GameCube and ported to Wii, like Twilight Princess?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like pretty much every Nintendo-developed Wii game pre-MKWii.

Speaking of which, I was at Wal-Mart today and finally saw the budget reprint of Super Paper Mario on shelves. Time to pick up a white label one used at Gamestop before they all disappear.

[quote name='Cheska19']User review for it is 9 so far :bouncy: I have a feeling this chick hasn't played many SMT games. They all pretty much have a high encounter rate.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, like bvharris said I think someone coming from Persona 3 and Persona 4 back to 1 and 2 might be in for a shock, especially since 3 and 4 don't have random encounters. Personally I couldn't even really get into Persona 1 and thought the encounter rate was too high, especially on the overworld map. However I own and have played Persona 2: Eternal Punishment on the PS1 so I'm not too worried about Innocent Sin turning me off.

[quote name='jello44']Dem thighhighs.[/QUOTE]

Them legs go on forever

I forgot that P2 comes out next week. I'm not sure when I'll even find the time to play it.

I'm still glad that I played part of Persona PSP because the redone OST was so great.

School Days

(except for the one line which I SWEAR sounds like "I barbecue your family")

A Lone Prayer

Bloody Destiny

...and so on. It's all fantastic, even the stuff I didn't actually manage to make it to in the game :lol:

Clearly not me! Fan o dem titties

First one was a trap though. You started with the obviously underage girl and the late teen girl. Then about half-way through the pull the flip and the jailbait is suddently the one with the huge endowments.

[quote name='bvharris']You just put School Days back into my head for another month. Thanks. ;)[/QUOTE]

It was stuck there for months for me. Not continuously, but pretty damned frequently.

PLEASE tell me what you think they're saying at 0:43 in the video. Hearing "I barbecue your family" is the only blot that mars this otherwise-perfect piece of music for me :lol:

[quote name='fwbweux']
PLEASE tell me what you think they're saying at 0:43 in the video. Hearing "I barbecue your family" is the only blot that mars this otherwise-perfect piece of music for me :lol:[/QUOTE]

No sir, I'm not going down the rabbit hole of trying to make out Persona OST Engrish lyrics with you. ;)

Now excuse me while I go fill my body with some burning lasagna.

[quote name='bvharris']No sir, I'm not going down the rabbit hole of trying to make out Persona OST Engrish lyrics with you. ;)

Now excuse me while I go fill my body with some burning lasagna.[/QUOTE]

You won't even entertain this discussion a little? :lol: We had such fun trying to decipher Rise's stripper dungeon lyrics in the past. Some of the giant masses of indecipherable Engrish in Persona PSP put everything in P4 to shame, hah.

[quote name='Cheska19']I dunno, maybe it's "I want to be part of your family?"[/QUOTE]

It's "I walk into your world pleased to be with you."

Like I said, don't even try. :roll:

[quote name='Hell Monkey']First one was a trap though. You started with the obviously underage girl and the late teen girl. Then about half-way through the pull the flip and the jailbait is suddently the one with the huge endowments.[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:k. . .

Gross.

[quote name='fwbweux']PLEASE tell me what you think they're saying at 0:43 in the video. Hearing "I barbecue your family" is the only blot that mars this otherwise-perfect piece of music for me :lol:[/QUOTE]

Fairly sure it is: "I walk into your well lit face."

[quote name='hankmecrankme']:whistle2:k. . .

Gross.
[/QUOTE]

How it goes.

They start with

misha.jpg

Then about half-way through go to

MISHA.jpg

Least this one is stable

ar_tonelico_07_thumb.jpg

Though in Phrase 3 they go complete loli

Shurelia_Standard.jpg

[quote name='hankmecrankme']All I see is lolis.[/QUOTE]

It's degrees. Which of course explains Ar Tonelico III where they don't even pretend anymore.

[quote name='Cheska19']None of them, and I mean none of them are as bad as this one:

4175528491_5c29269f3a.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Everything in ATIII makes me feel like a potential pedophile for playing it.

[quote name='fwbweux']We had such fun trying to decipher Rise's stripper dungeon lyrics in the past.[/QUOTE]
What did you settle on? I hear it as "Sorry, can you make the music louder. I can't help it 'cause of my dream."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back