We had to import RPG Thread XII from Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='voltanis99']I'd be interested in doing a Dark Souls run for the PS3 when I get it. Got frustrated with New Game+ in Demon Souls in the swamp area so I never actually finished it a second time.[/QUOTE]

Haha, same here. Was flying through NG+, got to the swamp, and was all "oh yeah, I fucking hate this part..." haven't played since.

Better spoiler tag this in case no one's gotten this far in Final Fantasy IV, but

Yang is much more useful for the end game in the PSP version than Edge

Playing through the PSP version, I believe it is the definitive version of the game. The DS version was way too hard and I'd never play it again.

and we all know it's not his best sword. =)

Really?! I thought it was. I guess it depends on what version you play? On the original SNES version, it was his best, right?

his best sword is the crystal sword, which you find in the last dungeon, you have to fight the wyvern to get it

[quote name='2DMention']Better spoiler tag this in case no one's gotten this far in Final Fantasy IV, but

Yang is much more useful for the end game in the PSP version than Edge

Playing through the PSP version, I believe it is the definitive version of the game. The DS version was way too hard and I'd never play it again.

Really?! I thought it was. I guess it depends on what version you play? On the original SNES version, it was his best, right?[/QUOTE]

The DS version is miserable. It's telling that the game includes nothing new, yet takes literally twice as long to finish as the other versions of the game. Battles take too long, the difficulty curve necessitates endless grinding, and it's ugly.

The PSP version? Glorious.

[quote name='Chacrana']The DS version is miserable. It's telling that the game includes nothing new, yet takes literally twice as long to finish as the other versions of the game. Battles take too long, the difficulty curve necessitates endless grinding, and it's ugly.

The PSP version? Glorious.[/QUOTE]

Now I remember the crystal sword. It's been awhile since I've played this game, or I'm getting old lol

And I agree wholeheartedly - the DS was miserable. That's why I sold it. I liked the voice acting to some extent. And it's the first time I learned how to prounce "Cecil" :lol:

[quote name='Chacrana']The DS version is miserable. It's telling that the game includes nothing new, yet takes literally twice as long to finish as the other versions of the game. Battles take too long, the difficulty curve necessitates endless grinding, and it's ugly.

The PSP version? Glorious.[/QUOTE]

The DS version was difficulty,but I never had to grind once in it,and the battles didn't really take long,with the exception of that really stupid part in the end where every encounter was a Behemoth or a Deathmask.

[quote name='Chacrana']The DS version is miserable. It's telling that the game includes nothing new[/QUOTE]
Huh? I thought they added bits of story?

Now I'm stuck on the last boss in final fantasy IV,
(Zeromus). How much do I need to grind? Kain is a 60, everybody else is around 57. Rydia doesn't have Meteor or the strongest Ice Spell yet and almost gets wiped by Big Bang.

I don't think the Europe special edition is much better than the American considering you have to order it directly from Ghostlight to get the shirt (and I'm not sure if they'll ship to the US). I'm just going to wait until the game goes on sale. I got Persona 1 over a year after it came out for $15 and it sill had the CD.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I don't think the Europe special edition is much better than the American considering you have to order it directly from Ghostlight to get the shirt (and I'm not sure if they'll ship to the US). I'm just going to wait until the game goes on sale. I got Persona 1 over a year after it came out for $15 and it sill had the CD.[/QUOTE]

Is the only way to get the shirt to import it from Europe?

I'm sure this'll get a deal of the day or something down the road.

[quote name='2DMention']Is the only way to get the shirt to import it from Europe?

I'm sure this'll get a deal of the day or something down the road.[/QUOTE]
As far as I know, the US only gets the CD.

[quote name='2DMention']Is the only way to get the shirt to import it from Europe?

I'm sure this'll get a deal of the day or something down the road.[/QUOTE]

or it could be like Devil Survivor Overclocked and be out of stock at every major online website in less than a month

[quote name='Chacrana']Eternal Punishment is fucking amazing. Innocent Sin is supposed to be better.[/QUOTE]

But it isn't as fucking amazing as Persona 3!

Well, I just picked up Deus Ex for $35, along with Phantom Brave PSP for $12. I was going back and forth on Deus Ex, still not sure if I'm really going to like it, but for that price and given all of the raves it's getting from everywhere, I guess it's worth checking out.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Well, I just picked up Deus Ex for $35, along with Phantom Brave PSP for $12. I was going back and forth on Deus Ex, still not sure if I'm really going to like it, but for that price and given all of the raves it's getting from everywhere, I guess it's worth checking out.[/QUOTE]

You'll like it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Well, I just picked up Deus Ex for $35, along with Phantom Brave PSP for $12. I was going back and forth on Deus Ex, still not sure if I'm really going to like it, but for that price and given all of the raves it's getting from everywhere, I guess it's worth checking out.[/QUOTE]

I still need to pick up Deus Ex, been meaning to. I'll probably find it cheap near Christmas time anyways

[quote name='2DMention']Now I'm stuck on the last boss in final fantasy IV,
(Zeromus). How much do I need to grind? Kain is a 60, everybody else is around 57. Rydia doesn't have Meteor or the strongest Ice Spell yet and almost gets wiped by Big Bang.
[/QUOTE]
i think you should be fine.
rydia's not really necessary, just make sure you cure4 after each big bang and you'll be fine.

at least that's how it was in ff2snes =)

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I don't think the Europe special edition is much better than the American considering you have to order it directly from Ghostlight to get the shirt (and I'm not sure if they'll ship to the US). I'm just going to wait until the game goes on sale. I got Persona 1 over a year after it came out for $15 and it sill had the CD.[/QUOTE]

I think that Ghostlight ships to every English-speaking country except the United States :| Freedom-hating terrorists!

I'll still stick with the US edition of Persona 2 because it still has the oversize box, I think. I know from the several UK PSP LEs that I own that art cards are an incredibly lazy bonus, and I just haven't been able to bring myself to wear gaming attire of any sort since I graduated high school.

Is there a company that regularly brings Aksys stuff out in Europe? I'd hate to buy Fate/Extra and Hakuouki only for Europe to get better LE stuff eventually.

[quote name='fwbweux']I just haven't been able to bring myself to wear gaming attire of any sort since I graduated high school.[/QUOTE]

I still wear gaming shirts, but not any pre-order ones since they always assume they can just go with one size fits all which never fits me because I'm fairly small. I've picked up some shirts at PAX that I liked, and ordered some from Fangamer. At PAX East 2010 I was fairly impressed when Rockstar gave out shirts in a bunch of different sizes so I actually got a shirt that fit me (it was a nice gift for waiting in line for 2 hours to play a Red Dead Redemption demo because one of my friends really wanted to try it).

[quote name='icebeast']I still wear gaming shirts, but not any pre-order ones since they always assume they can just go with one size fits all which never fits me because I'm fairly small. I've picked up some shirts at PAX that I liked, and ordered some from Fangamer. At PAX East 2010 I was fairly impressed when Rockstar gave out shirts in a bunch of different sizes so I actually got a shirt that fit me (it was a nice gift for waiting in line for 2 hours to play a Red Dead Redemption demo because one of my friends really wanted to try it).[/QUOTE]

Fortunately I've never had a problem with preorder shirts just because I'm 6'4, pretty broad-shouldered, and prefer baggier clothing anyway, but they're inconvenient for a lot of people. A lot of the stuff I owned was terrible retro poser stuff from Hot Topic that I bought around 2003 - 04 and just realized how lame it looked as I aged, so it's all sitting in a dark closet waiting for the next time I can work up the energy to ebay it all.

[quote name='fwbweux']Fortunately I've never had a problem with preorder shirts just because I'm 6'4, pretty broad-shouldered, and prefer baggier clothing anyway, but they're inconvenient for a lot of people. A lot of the stuff I owned was terrible retro poser stuff from Hot Topic that I bought around 2003 - 04 and just realized how lame it looked as I aged, so it's all sitting in a dark closet waiting for the next time I can work up the energy to ebay it all.[/QUOTE]

Ya you're really tall, haha. I'm like 5'10" and my frame isn't very large. With regards to style I tend to wear fairly cute and silly things. I have some bioware stuff, as well as some pokemon stuff, and an earthbound shirt that I wear (in addition to some non-RPG related stuff).

i only own some uniform apparel (hoodie, t-shirt) from my favorite pro-korean brood war teams. fits well, looks baller.

i have nothing against gaming attire, it's just nothing has ever looked good or made with quality fits. i want one of those shirts from shoryuken.com though, they aren't tacky and it's all printed on American Apparel tees (aka best t-shirts ever).

I've got some shirts from Penny Arcade and a couple of those retro game shirts they sell at Kohl's. I've got the same problem though, anything from a preorder or other swag, it's always assumed that a gamer must need an XL or XXL and the stuff looks like a tent on me.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I've got some shirts from Penny Arcade and a couple of those retro game shirts they sell at Kohl's. I've got the same problem though, anything from a preorder or other swag, it's always assumed that a gamer must need an XL or XXL and the stuff looks like a tent on me.[/QUOTE]

Send it to me! I'm 6'2 and it's hard to find anything long enough to fit me.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']it's always assumed that a gamer must need an XL or XXL and the stuff looks like a tent on me.[/QUOTE]
every time i go to gamer events i see why

heck, even if they're not fat they wear oversized clothes anyway

I like gamer clothing that has some degree of subtlety and isn't just official art plastered on a tee. For instance, the Pokemon 151 line of shirts always interested me, but like most Japanese clothing it was a.) nigh impossible to import, b.) expensive as fuck, and c.) only made for tiny stick-figure Japanese bodies. I'd probably be an XXXXXXXXXXXXXL there.

[quote name='fwbweux']I like gamer clothing that has some degree of subtlety and isn't just official art plastered on a tee. For instance, the Pokemon 151 line of shirts always interested me, but like most Japanese clothing it was a.) nigh impossible to import, b.) expensive as fuck, and c.) only made for tiny stick-figure Japanese bodies. I'd probably be an XXXXXXXXXXXXXL there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hate plastered logo/art tees of any sort. I don't really wear t-shirts very often, but I do occasionally buy some, and I wouldn't mind some gamer shirts with subtlety.

[quote name='fwbweux']I like gamer clothing that has some degree of subtlety and isn't just official art plastered on a tee. For instance, the Pokemon 151 line of shirts always interested me, but like most Japanese clothing it was a.) nigh impossible to import, b.) expensive as fuck, and c.) only made for tiny stick-figure Japanese bodies. I'd probably be an XXXXXXXXXXXXXL there.[/QUOTE]

Those are actually pretty sweet, despite me not being a big fan of pokemon. I tend to like more subtle designs, too. You are right about one thing, though. The last time I bought a shirt similar to that one online, it ended up being too small. I got an XL just because I would rather have it be too big instead of too small. Well, it was big alright, but it wasn't long enough! So basically I had a shirt that was like a tent, but came up far above my butt.

Those don't actually look bad. Look more like school/team logos than anything else.

This is my favorite one I own. People always want to come up close and read the find print. No one else ever seems to find it as hilarious as I do though...

Looking through those Pokemon 151 shirts on google image search lead me to this. It's sometimes better not to know that something exists, as I'll always be sad that I'll never own it now. Dammit, Japan. Even if it was in stock, $63.90 + some ungodly S&H rate? Barring formalwear I don't think I've ever paid that much for a single piece of clothing, lol.

[quote name='panzerfaust']ahhh terra running through sunleth waterscape

sold[/QUOTE]

But her hair isn't green again, sigh.

I know I've mentioned it before, but I've always loved her green hair. Probably because green is a color I like. I mean they've left Rydia's hair color alone, why do they feel the need to make Terra not look like she does in the game she's from.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']This is my favorite one I own. People always want to come up close and read the find print. No one else ever seems to find it as hilarious as I do though...[/QUOTE]

I own this one. I've had a couple people comment on it, haha. I'm not a huge fan of Gears, but I thought the comic this shirt references was hilarious, and I liked the color and the fact it has a rainbow on it.

And this is the Pokemon one I own. It fits my style well.

[quote name='icebeast']
I own this one. I've had a couple people comment on it, haha. I'm not a huge fan of Gears, but I thought the comic this shirt references was hilarious, and I liked the color and the fact it has a rainbow on it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I've thought about getting that one, it's hilarious and I actually am a big Gears fan. Maybe if it ever goes on sale/clearance.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I've got some shirts from Penny Arcade and a couple of those retro game shirts they sell at Kohl's. I've got the same problem though, anything from a preorder or other swag, it's always assumed that a gamer must need an XL or XXL and the stuff looks like a tent on me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, That's why I don't waste my money getting LEs with T's. I'm 5'6 and skinny. No way that shit is fitting me.

I don't even have any "gamer" shirts, the only shirts with logos I have are sports team apparel, and even then it's only a few of them. I just mostly wear plain colored T's.

Anybody who bought Deus Ex from Amazon, did the code for the bonus shotgun and sniper rifle come in the game box, or was it emailed?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Anybody who bought Deus Ex from Amazon, did the code for the bonus shotgun and sniper rifle come in the game box, or was it emailed?[/QUOTE]

I think it was in the box.

[quote name='ihadFG']I think it was in the box.[/QUOTE]
Nice, so there's a chance it's still included.

In other news, Final Fantasy XIII-2 awards bonuses for having an FF13 save file. Story length is supposedly a bit shorter than FF13, but with more emphasis on optional content and minigames. The article also says that some of the original FF13 cast will be playable, so maybe Serah and Noel aren't the only possible party members after all. More details coming at TGS next week.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']In other news, Final Fantasy XIII-2 awards bonuses for having an FF13 save file. Story length is supposedly a bit shorter than FF13, but with more emphasis on optional content and minigames. The article also says that some of the original FF13 cast will be playable, so maybe Serah and Noel aren't the only possible party members after all. More details coming at TGS next week.[/QUOTE]

That game keeps sounding more and more like Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World with it's monster characters and Tales of Symphonia party member cameos.

[quote name='icebeast']That game keeps sounding more and more like Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World with it's monster characters and Tales of Symphonia party member cameos.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait.

Playing Mass Effect as chick Shepard. I know she can shack up with Jacob and Garrus, who else is an optional leg spreader?

[quote name='Rodimus']Playing Mass Effect as chick Shepard. I know she can shack up with Jacob and Garrus, who else is an optional leg spreader?[/QUOTE]

Liara

I have a feeling most of the shown XIII-2 gameplay footage is only from the first few hours of the game.

Anyways, they mentioned time-travel in that article so any positive expectations for the narrative have more than disappeared for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back