What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

Could be.

My favorite DLC? Not unlock codes, because those are just silly. Consumers know better than that.

My favorite DLC are $5-10 "add-on content" files that are like 128KB in size. Or whatever's an acceptable file size that screams "content's on the disc."

Holy crap, FEAR 2 demo scared me. :( :( :(

And, I didn't realize I had the volume so loud until I got into the
mech
. Each step it takes has a ridiculous amount of bass and my apartment was rattling.

[quote name='Richlough']What a bunch of lazy asses .

This shit should happen at midnight .

Go ahead defend them now .[/quote]Just pretend the update days are on Fridays, that way, it's always really early for you.

Haha.

I need to check out that Fear 2 demo. I liked the first one apart from the constant fighting through office buildings. This seems to fix that to a degree. Unfortunately my internet connection is dropping something like 12% of its packets which apparently translates to "running at 10% of its normal speed". It's getting fixed soon.

Some ps one games like wipeout xl would be most welcome. Any word on what ps one classics might be squirted out next.

Is it just the PS3 version of FEAR 2's demo that has horrible slow-down? I can hardly even play this demo the slow-down is so bad, not to mention the controls are clunky and I stick to objects too much when I try to walk through narrow doorways and such. This feels nothing like the first FEAR...feels unfinished.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Of what I've played:

Cuboid's not worth $10 as it's just one mode and has broken leaderboards, so there's not much replayability to it.

Magic Ball is pretty good. I've been playing it and it's a nice 3D arkanoid game with co-op and MP, though I haven't tried the MP yet.

Soldner-X is a good, challenging shmup and worth the $10.

SARPBC is fun and a good value at $10. If we could get a weekly, or just regular, game going, it would be nice.

I enjoyed Soldner-X the most of those four, but SARPBC and Magic Ball aren't bad choices either. Cuboid would be best when it goes on sale for $5.[/QUOTE]Thanks, that really helps.:) SARPBC is probably what I'll get, but Solder-X is pretty appealing to me (since I don't have a single game like it on my PS3).

I downloaded the FEAR 2 demo on the Xbox 360. It runs silky smooth and has much nicer textures. There is a massive obviously gap in quality between the ps3 and 360 demos, so if I was any of you who have both systems, I would steer clear of the ps3 version.

[quote name='cheezisgoooood']I downloaded the FEAR 2 demo on the Xbox 360. It runs silky smooth and has much nicer textures. There is a massive obviously gap in quality between the ps3 and 360 demos, so if I was any of you who have both systems, I would steer clear of the ps3 version.[/QUOTE]Actually, there's a visual comparison on PSU:
http://www.psu.com/FEAR-2-visual-comparison-Xbox-360-vs-PS3-News--a0006223-p0.php

For the most part, they are quite similar in ways with the 360 one being a bit darker. I have both consoles, but I'd still buy on PS3 since it looks good (Condemned 2 was near identical on PS3/360 also, which Monolith made).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Actually, there's a visual comparison on PSU:
http://www.psu.com/FEAR-2-visual-comparison-Xbox-360-vs-PS3-News--a0006223-p0.php

For the most part, they are quite similar in ways with the 360 one being a bit darker. I have both consoles, but I'd still buy on PS3 since it looks good (Condemned 2 was near identical on PS3/360 also, which Monolith made).[/quote]
The pictures illustrate the textures, sure, but not the framerate, which is my main beef with the PS3 demo. I didn't even want to play it after I saw it slow down every time the ghost girl appeared in the first scene. No such slow down occurred on the 360 version. I fully expect the ps3 version to be docked points because of framerate issues.

[quote name='cheezisgoooood']I downloaded the FEAR 2 demo on the Xbox 360. It runs silky smooth and has much nicer textures. There is a massive obviously gap in quality between the ps3 and 360 demos, so if I was any of you who have both systems, I would steer clear of the ps3 version.[/quote]

I generally prefer a game on the 360 if it's a multi-platform game unfortunately if not because of graphics, then because of the controller. Take for instance RSV2, no contest 360. I don't care if it makes me look like a fanboy or whatever, it not only played better, but looked better on the 360 vs the PS3. To be honest I think most of the time the PS3 just gets shafted via porting.

[quote name='HuppSav']Some ps one games like wipeout xl would be most welcome. Any word on what ps one classics might be squirted out next.[/quote]
wipeoutHD doesn't feed your need???
nice avatar pic

[quote name='VipFREAK']I generally prefer a game on the 360 if it's a multi-platform game unfortunately if not because of graphics, then because of the controller. Take for instance RSV2, no contest 360. I don't care if it makes me look like a fanboy or whatever, it not only played better, but looked better on the 360 vs the PS3. To be honest I think most of the time the PS3 just gets shafted via porting.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the graphics are so much fuckin' different from 360 to PS3. :lol:

I didn't like the FEAR 2 demo. :p

Also, no one mentioned the LBP Kung Hee Fat Choy update yesterday either, so I suppose the "regulars" were just busy doing other things beside trying to post "scoops".

[quote name='mykevermin']Yeah, the graphics are so much fuckin' different from 360 to PS3. :lol:[/QUOTE]

To be fair Unreal Engine 3 games run better on the 360 .

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Bruce Springsteen GHWT DLC and LBP Chinese New Year Costumes are up on the PS Store now. Both are free.[/quote]

I'm not the biggest "Boss" fan, but Born to Run is a blast to play. I also like My Lucky Day as well.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Bruce Springsteen GHWT DLC and LBP Chinese New Year Costumes are up on the PS Store now. Both are free.[/quote]
Nice, they updated two days early for Richlough.

4 new PSX games in the JPN store: One of those 3 trillion puzzle bobble/puyo pop games with the cute dinosaurs, and three others: Farland (can't remember the rest), and two others that got the best of my literacy, but one looked like a tecmo Kagero game (didn't they just release that though?).

Also, 1200 Yen for Namco Museum. I bought it. Booya.

God of War LBP pack was up.

Ryu Ga Gotoku 3 final trailer.

Some other stuff. G1 Jockey addons?

Thanks myke. I'll get that Yakuza 3 trailer.

I liked those old Namco collections. I had them all so I could spell out N A M C O. :)

Here's the Euro update: (FFXIII trailer!)

GAMES

► Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars (£7.99)

► PSP
○ Buzz! Master Quiz (£19.99)
○ Fight Night Round 3 (£15.99)

ADD-ONS

► Guitar Hero World Tour
○ Bruce Springsteen Track Pack (Free)
♪ "Born to Run" - Bruce Springsteen
♪ "My Lucky Day" - Bruce Springsteen

► Rock Band
○ Grateful DeadPack 02 (£4.99 | £0.99 per song)
♪ "Don't Ease Me In" - Grateful Dead
♪ "Hell in a Bucket" - Grateful Dead
♪ "Uncle John's Band" - Grateful Dead
♪ "Cold Rain and Snow" - Grateful Dead
♪ "Doin' That Rag" - Grateful Dead
♪ "Fire on the Mountain" - Grateful Dead

► LittleBigPlanet
○ Chinese New Years Costumes (Free)
○ Groundhog Day Costume (Free)
○ Ape Escape Costume (£1.59)
○ Kratos Costume (£1.59)
○ Toro Costume (£1.59)
○ God of War - Level Kit (£2.39)

► Mirror's Edge
○ Exclusive Map (Free)

► Skate 2
○ Filmer Pack (£4.79)

► Lord of the Rings: Conquest
○ Hero Arena Bonus (Free)

VIDEOS

► Final Fantasy XIII
○ Official Trailer 1

► High Velocity Bowling
○ Additional Characters Trailer

► Magic Ball
○ Trailer

THEMES

► Crash Commando
○ Maps Theme (Free)

Is the Mirror's Edge time trial map free temporarily (like the springsteen tracks), or will it always be free?

I don't own ME, but if I can score it at $10-15, I'll probably pay that much for a few hours of whitewashed motion sickness.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's free, so it's not like you'll be spending money for it.[/QUOTE]

And you can just 'buy' it, to put it in your downloads list, and download it if you ever get the game.

image_97x97.jpg

Free LocoRoco stuff ....

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...oco-love-with-free-playstation-store-goodies/

This week marks the beginning of a LocoRoco celebration! With LocoRoco 2 hitting PSP’s in just a matter of a weeks, we’ve been reading a lot of great things online with awesome previews on GameInformer.com and cool interviews with LocoRoco-creator, Kouno-san on GameZone.com, and to celebrate all the Loco-Love we are going to offer a ton of awesome LocoRoco Playstation store goodies, and when I say, “awesome” I mean FREE! So be sure to check out the PlayStation Store every week till launch! (Heck..we might even go past launch…who knows?)

To begin, we are kicking-off with some lovely LocoRoco-themed PSP wallpaper!

Whatever mood you are in, these are sure to put a smile on the face and brighten up your PSP system.

Deals
Burnout Paradise - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Shaun White Snowboarding - Mile High Add-on Pack Target Edition - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Shaun White Snowboarding - Mile High Add-on Pack Regular Edition - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop

Games

Savage Moon - $9.99
Bejeweled 2 - $9.99

Bundle
Brain Challenge - PS3+PSP Bundle - $12.99 - Expires 2/26

Demos
Bejweled 2

Add-ons
LittleBigPlanet - Chinese New Year Costume - Free - Available until 2/4
LittleBigPlanet - Kratos Costume - $1.99
LittleBigPlanet - Ape Escape Costume - $1.99
LittleBigPlanet - Toro Costume - $1.99
LittleBigPlanet - Groundhog Day Costume - Free - Available until 2/4
Mirror's Edge - Exclusive Free DLC Map - Free
Lord of the Rings: Conquest - Content Pack - Free
Skate 2 - Filmer Pack - $7.49
Rock Band - Grateful Dead Pack 02 - $9.99 - Includes the six songs below
Rock Band - "Hell in a Bucket" by Grateful Dead - $1.99
Rock Band - "Don't Ease Me In" by Grateful Dead - $1.99
Rock Band - "Cold Rain & Snow" by Grateful Dead - $1.99
Rock Band - "Doin' That Rag" by Grateful Dead - $1.99
Rock Band - "Fire on the Mountain" by Grateful Dead - $1.99
Rock Band - "Uncle John's Band" by Grateful Dead - $1.99
Guitar Hero World Tour - Bruce Springsteen Track Pack - Free
Guitar Hero World Tour - "Dig Out Your Soul" album by Oasis - $18.99 - Includes the 11 songs below
Guitar Hero World Tour - "(Get Off Your" High Horse Lady" by Oasis - $1.99
Guitar Hero World Tour - "Ain't Got Nothin'" by Oasis - $1.99
Guitar Hero World Tour - "Falling Down" by Oasis - $1.99
Guitar Hero World Tour - "I'm Outta Time" by Oasis - $1.99
Guitar Hero World Tour - "Soldier On" by Oasis - $1.99
Guitar Hero World Tour - "The Nature of Reality" by Oasis - $1.99
Guitar Hero World Tour - "The Turning" by Oasis - $1.99
Guitar Hero World Tour - "To Be Where There's Life" by Oasis - $1.99
Guitar Hero World Tour - "Bag It Up" by Oasis - $1.99
Guitar Hero World Tour - "The Shock of the Lightning" by Oasis - $1.99
Guitar Hero World Tour - "Waiting for the Rapture" by Oasis - $1.99
Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2 - Breakaway - $1.49
Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2 - If You Don't Know Me By Now - $1.49
Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2 - Irreplaceable $1.49
Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2 - Killing Me Softly With His Song - $1.49
Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2 - Sister Christian - $1.49
Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2 - Twist & Shout
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Hanako - $1.99
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Character: Taro - $1.99

Videos
Final Fantasy XIII Trailer
Angels & Demons Trailer
The Making of Hulk Vs. Thor
The Making of Hulk Vs. Wolverine
The International Trailer
Wanted Teaser Trailer

Wallpaper
Lord of the Rings: Conquest (3)

Themes
Bejeweled 2
Red Alert 3: Ultimate Edition: Natasha

Pulse
Pulse - 1/29 Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
I've fallen in love with the new ME map. If the game had just been these sort of levels, it would have been GOTY.

bread's done
Back