What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

Thanks Frisky.

I don't wanna make a thread, and didn't know where else to put this, but that C&C Red Alert 3 Ultimate Edition mentioned in the blog looks very cool. Sadly I'd pick that up only once it hits the current platform price of $30 or less, though. :p

Valentines day Costume for LBP article: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/04/littlebigplanet-valentines-pack/
And from Official Site: "Our solution, celebrate your holiday this year with the free LittleBigPlanet Valentines Day Theme pack! In addition to our McLovin SackBoy costume, the theme pack comes equipped with a full array of stickers and decorations that will surely inspire some wild and crazy creations."

But I dont see it on the PSN yet. I guess it will be tomorrow as suggested as Thursdays are the update days.

Metaly it looks like Battlefield 1943 is coming to PSN this summer

Also it appears that Qore EP 9 will have a voucher that gets you Syphon Filter PS classic. Seems odd but I guess it is in celebration of Bend studios 10th anniversary

Party Pack for Burnout Paradise is available via in-game store (install new patch first), but not appearing on PS Store yet.

Also, just FYI, those Killzone 2 demo codes should start working at some point today (presumably when the store updates; maybe sooner, I haven't tried yet this morning).

Killzone 2 demo is out now on the UK PS Store, so if you're impatient, it's there for the downloadin'. It's about 1200 MB if you're womdering the size.

They got a shit ton of games today:

Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box
3 on 3 NHL Arcade
Lumines Supernova
Cuboid
GRAW 2 PSP
Bliss Island PSP

I know SCEE's a bit constipated with PSN releases, but that's still a lot to put out for one week. I do wonder if we'll get a second version of BP for bundle purposes with the Party DLC since Sony likes to have bundles in store.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']It's nice that the Valentine pack is free instead of $3 like the Christmas pack.[/quote]

I'd like to interject here. In the Euro store, it's 2.39. What gives on this?

[quote name='KingBroly']I'd like to interject here. In the Euro store, it's 2.39. What gives on this?[/quote]

Maybe because our economy is doing worse? :roll:

I have mixed feelings about BF1943. On one hand, it's Battlefield on the PC again. On the other, it sounds like it's still not a proper BF2/2142 sequel since they only mention three maps and it's 12v12. It's great to see Wake Island again but it's going to be pretty empty with only 24 people running around.

Hopefully they'll leave out crossplatform play so I can get the PC version and then never play it with anyone, just like UT3.

I never expected it to be free, and whoever did is pretty naive. All previous packs have been charged for, so why change on V-day? Sony/MM are gonna milk that puppy for all its worth

Games
3 on 3 NHL Arcade - $9.99
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Bundle - $29.99

Demos
Killzone 2 - via GameStop pre-order codes only
MLB 09: The Show
3 on 3 NHL Arcade
Resident Evil 5

Add-ons
Burnout Paradise - Party Pack - $9.99
LittleBigPlanet - Valentine's Day Mini-Pack - $2.99
High Velocity Bowling - Candy - $0.99
High Velocity Bowling - Dwayne - $0.99
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds - Golfasaurus-Rex B.C.C. Course - $4.99
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm - Storm Pack 8 - Free
Rock Band - Thin Lizzy Pack 1 - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Rock Band - "Boys are Back in Town (live)" by Thin Lizzy - $1.99
Rock Band - "Cowboy Song (live)" by Thin Lizzy - $1.99
Rock Band - "Jailbreak (live)" by Thin Lizzy - $1.99
Rock Band - "Hit Me with Your Best Shot" by Pat Benatar - $1.99
Rock Band - "Precious" by The Pretenders - $1.99
Rock Band - "Don't Tell Me" by Nikko - $1.99
Rock Band - "Break My Heart" by Nikko - $1.99
Guitar Hero World Tour - Southern Rock Track Pack - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Guitar Hero World Tour - "Black Betty" as made famous by Ram Jam - $1.99
Guitar Hero World Tour - "Commotion" as made famous by Credence Clearwater Revival - $1.99
Guitar Hero World Tour - "Gimme All Your Lovin'" as made famous by ZZ Top - $1.99

Videos
LocoRoco 2 Pre-Launch Trailer
FEAR 2: Project Origin EPA Trailer
PAIN: Darts Trailer
PAIN Fortress Trailer
Winter Dew Tour: Breckenridge Ahtletes
Winter Dew Tour: Breckenridge Freeskiing Thrills
Winter Dew Tour: Breckenridge Recap
Winter Dew Tour: Breckenridge Ridin' Highlights
Winter Dew Tour: Colby West
Winter Dew Tour: Kevin Pearce in Japan
Winter Dew Tour: PlayStation Pro Moments Breckenridge
2012 Trailer
Open Season 2 Trailer

Premium Themes
Evil Clowns - $1.49
Gothic Girlz - $1.49
Polar Bears - $1.49

Themes
LocoRoco 2

PSP Demo
Phantasy Star Portable - 272 MB

Phantasy Star Portable and MLB09 demos? Coolio.

Also, NHL Arcade is kinda fun. The demo's too short to tell if it's a good NBA JAM style fun game, though.

NHL Arcade demo was fun enough, but damn are the menu sounds annoying ,its a guy doing all the noises going "click" and "whoosh" when you go forward and back or something pops up on the screen.

Downloaded the RE 5 demo. Very cool although I need to get used to the controls a little better. I haven't seen the NHL 3 on 3 demo but if it's like NHL Open Ice for the PS1 then I'm in!

EDIT: Gotta try out the MLB 09 demo as well!

I think i'd like the 3-on-3 demo, but I'd like it better if you could switch the camera to the side rather than the top down view. It looks like you can but you can't touch any of the options to do so in the demo

Argh, stupid KZ2 demo...I have like 4 things to DL and it's gonna....take....forever.....

.....and ever.....

.....and....

....ever....

...er....

So, Flower this week? I will wait until someone gives their impressions. I feel like I got burned by Linger in Shadows last time a "non-game" on PSN came out. :p

[quote name='gunm']So, Flower this week? I will wait until someone gives their impressions. I feel like I got burned by Linger in Shadows last time a "non-game" on PSN came out. :p[/quote]
You can check out my review here.

I was thinking of getting Wipeout HD, but is there any planned DLC for it anytime soon? I'd rather hope for a bundle discount than buy it now and see some kind of deal for it in a couple weeks.

It always happens to me :(

[quote name='Arakias']Flower review: http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3172687 "A"[/quote]

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You can check out my review here.[/quote]

Thanks guys, Flower does seem to surpass Linger as far as what I'm expecting out of a "non-game game". I might pick it up at $10 as I have a little PSN credit available, but I'm not sure yet.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I was thinking of getting Wipeout HD, but is there any planned DLC for it anytime soon? I'd rather hope for a bundle discount than buy it now and see some kind of deal for it in a couple weeks.

It always happens to me :([/quote]

I believe something was/is in the works, but no official announcements have been made as far as exactly what content, what kind of pricing, or a release date. I doubt you'll see a game plus DLC bundle any time soon, but perhaps Frisky or someone can better answer that.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/11/close-out-the-winter-with-psns-spring-fever/

It looks like Sony's took notes on Microsoft's Summer of Arcade last year to start their own Spring Fever campaign for the next few months, I think. At least, we get an idea of what titles are coming in the near future now:
3272448242_9bdde272fe.jpg

In addition to current PSN exclusive hits like PixelJunk Eden, PAIN and flOw, you can look forward to several other highly anticipated games such as Flower, Noby Noby Boy, Burn Zombie Burn and The Punisher: No Mercy to name a few. And with these exclusive blockbusters launching on a weekly basis, we’ll offer the best downloadable games lineup around. A few of the titles include:
  • Flower
  • Noby Noby Boy
  • No Gravity
  • Wheel of Fortune
  • Burn Zombie Burn
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic
  • The Punisher: No Mercy
  • In addition to these titles, PlayStation Network will also be launching Bomberman Ultra, Celfactor Ignition, Flock, Texas Cheat-em, Diner Dash, Comet Crash, Hammer Fall, Underfire, Watchmen, Worms, Zen Pimball and many more during this timeframe.
  • Plus the existing blockbuster, exclusive titles already on PlayStation Network such as Crash Commando, Savage Moon, Echochrome, Pixel Junk Eden, PAIN, Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty and more!
PlayStation Store is launching a dedicated “PSN Spring Fever” section featuring games, trailers, and themes available for download with the launch of Flower. And the PlayStation Blog will have weekly posts of developer diaries to show a behind-the-scenes look at some of these great titles.

Check out the dedicated “PSN Spring Fever” section on the PlayStation Store or catch additional PlayStation updates in an upcoming bi-weekly edition of PULSE.
A few new or unknown games up there for me are No Gravity, Texas Cheat-em, Diner Dash (I know what this is, but didn't know it was coming to PSN), Comet Crash, Hammer Fall, Underfire, and Zen Pinball.

Edit 1: A quick search reveals No Gravity as a PSP Homebrew game that's being released on PSN now, so that's PSP exclusive, I believe.
Edit 2: Texas Cheat-em is a Texas Hold 'em game with an emphasis on cheating to win.
Edit 3: Comet Crash is an RTS/Tower Defense game and all I could find is a Facebook group of the developers with some screens and info.
Edit 4: Not much about Hammer Fall from google (lots of Rock Band items), but I found this from a GameSetWatch article.
Edit 5: Underfire is from the same developer as Burn Zombie Burn and is a modern day turn-based tactics game.
Edit 6: Zen Pinball is an iPhone game that I'm guessing is being ported over to PSN from the same guys that made Pinball FX on XBLA.

That's all the info I can find on the games I didn't know of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I wonder what No Gravity is. Also pinball could be sweet. Texas Cheat-em is Texas Hold Em but you are supposed to cheat. There are like powerups and weird things. There are previews out there for it....

bread's done
Back