Wii Shop Channel Thread - 12/29 StarTropics II, Maboshi's Arcade, Cue Sports: Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cho Aniki might be the BEST GAME EVER

Just the music....oh my tendrils.

(I believe it is 179 blocks by the way.)

Edit: HAY LILBOO CHECK 4 TEH STEALH EDITZZZZZZZZ

Cho Aniki has violated my brain. Am I really shooting babies while listening to electro-space opera music?

just make the storage space a non-issue nintendo, there are perfectly fine solutions already without needing to better anything

[quote name='Strell']Really? Can you give me proof? GC cards can't easily be read on a PC like SD cards can, unless you bought a special device (which I'm not even sure are legal, or at the VERY LEAST are difficult to come by).

On top of that, a lot of games didn't let you transfer data off the card it was originally written to. So it's exactly the same thing with the Wii.

Let's use facts here instead of useless hyperbole please.[/quote]

Well it has been awhile since I've played most of my GC games, but the my main point stands. Nintendo isn't nearly concerned enough about fixing basic system issues.

[quote name='leveskikesko']Well it has been awhile since I've played most of my GC games, but the my main point stands. Nintendo isn't nearly concerned enough about fixing basic system issues.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing - for the GameCube, it WASN'T an issue. There were legitimate reasons for not copying the locked save files then (usually to prevent breaking the game or cheating), and you could get a new memory card if you needed one.

With the Wii, on the other hand, a much higher percentage of content is locked to your system, and you can't swap out the memory anymore, or run it off of removable media...like, say, a memory card.

[quote name='leveskikesko']I wouldn't want to meet the man or woman that feels comfortable playing said game....[/QUOTE]

Aw, shit. I'm sold. Where can a man get cheap-o Wii Points these days?

I'm still amazed that Cho Aniki even got released. Whenever I pick up points for Paper Mario on Wednesday, I think I'm gonna have to go ahead and download both.

(Sidenote: how many blocks is Paper Mario? Methinks I'll have to delete more channels. Buh-bye Check Mii Out and Everybody Votes.)

... finished SMRPG today. I'm absolutely horrified that I never got around to playing it before. Fantastic.

[quote name='Strell']
WiiStorage2.jpg

Reggie says DON'T COPY THAT FLOPPY.[/QUOTE]

Floppies? P'shaw, I say!

*Cassette Tapes FTW*

[quote name='007']I'm still amazed that Cho Aniki even got released. Whenever I pick up points for Paper Mario on Wednesday, I think I'm gonna have to go ahead and download both.

(Sidenote: how many blocks is Paper Mario? Methinks I'll have to delete more channels. Buh-bye Check Mii Out and Everybody Votes.)

... finished SMRPG today. I'm absolutely horrified that I never got around to playing it before. Fantastic.[/quote]

I believe Paper Mario is around 250 blocks.

I still need to get SMRPG, like you I've never played it before. I'm sure I'll like it since I like Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi games.

:rofl: I only got to about the second level..and it's more weird then it is homoerotic. The game over screen was pretty fuckin gay, but everything else is just REALLY insane. It's like being high...without actually being high..:whistle2:k
I can't comment on if it's worth 900 points, but I can say it's always a good idea to download these import titles: It could potentially lead to more interest imports coming to us.
It's also a very good game to show people how insane games used to be....well, at least in Japan. :lol:

---

Playing SMRPG now and I'm at Booster's Castle ^_^ Oh God I just love this place.
My bride-to-be is chanting, "MARIOHELPMEMARIOHELPME". Is she showing her happiness?
Hey, wait a second! Maybe "MARIO" is another guy! What if you're this "MARIO" she keeps talking about ::pulls out bomb:: Trying to take my bride away? Why don't you take THIS, instead!
That didn't do it?
Well, so long!
::leaves on train crying::

:rofl: :rofl:

[quote name='leveskikesko']Well it has been awhile since I've played most of my GC games, but the my main point stands. Nintendo isn't nearly concerned enough about fixing basic system issues.[/QUOTE]

Gothic already said what I was planning on saying.

Just wanted to add that Nintendo being a market "leader" this time around (note the quotation marks, people) would have absolutely no bearing on their decisions concerning DRM. If the Wii had proven to be an utter failure, they'd still be lockin' ish down and so on. That's all.

Re: Cho Aniki

Finally, a game that really rewards you for playing well, with fly-bys of hot muscley bald men at the end of the level if you can make them survive until then.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

You wouldn't think this could drag me away from SMRPG....and yet it does. With supple wrists that have clearly had proper lotions applied to maintain smoothness.

*scratches head about Cho Aniki...

i had to wiki and youtube this game before buying it....as surprisingly ive never heard of this game until ya guys started talking about it....

THIS GAME IS fucking WIERD!

i may have to buy this just to experience the wierdness....i wonder if they will release the sequels to this game.

Japan got Secret of Mana today. Does this bode well for the US? If we get it, I'll download it even though I recently found a nice boxed, complete copy of it at a thrift store recently. I'll get it so I can play on my LCD (analog SNES looks better on my smaller CRT) and play with my Super Famicom Classic Controller wirelessly. I'll also get it to cast my dollar vote for RPGs on the Virtual Console.

Had it not been released on the Japan VC list, I would say our chances were slim to none, but it looks somewhat hopeful now. Given that we just got SMRPG however, I wouldn't expect to see it for another few months, at the very least. Maybe by Christmas?

Yeah, I think we will see Secret of Mana on there. I think as long as the games have no issues with licenses, the games should come out. With the exception of Earthbound, :lol:, any game Japan/Europe get SHOULD come here as long as the game originally came out here.

I understand we have "import titles", but I really don't know what they will consider releasing.. :whistle2:k

[quote name='lilboo']Yeah, I think we will see Secret of Mana on there. I think as long as the games have no issues with licenses, the games should come out. With the exception of Earthbound, :lol:, any game Japan/Europe get SHOULD come here as long as the game originally came out here.

I understand we have "import titles", but I really don't know what they will consider releasing.. :whistle2:k[/quote]

To agree with Strell , as much as I would love to see Square release Bahamut Lagoon and Seiken Densetsu 3 on the VC , if they aren't translated (and I wouldn't bet on Square translating them for the VC) then it means nothing.

I want to point out that SMRPG is now at the top of the "Popular Titles" list.

Also, what are some good 2-player co-op games on the VC? I have Toejam and Earl (

I'll go with the obvious choice and say River City Ransom. Legend of the Mystical Ninja would also be a good choice if you want an adventure style beat 'em up.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I remember the Golden Axe games being pretty good as well.[/quote]Watch out for number 2 - it's probably the most hated among fans. I recommend number 3 despite its unfortunate lack of the dwarf that kicked so much ass in the original.

yeah so i went out and bought Cho Aniki.

This has to be the gayest game ever produced. I mean seriously.....guy shoots balls out of his crotch. Im laughing too much to play this game seriously.

the one for the SNES looks interesting. 1v1 fighting involving the characters. Looks fun but still wierd.

[quote name='integralsmatic']yeah so i went out and bought Cho Aniki.

This has to be the gayest game ever produced. I mean seriously.....guy shoots balls out of his crotch. Im laughing too much to play this game seriously.

the one for the SNES looks interesting. 1v1 fighting involving the characters. Looks fun but still wierd.[/quote]
Per Arne's overview of Cho Aniki SNES]In life said:
Cho Aniki[/I]. Cho Aniki is a very unique game. Very unique.
http://encyclopedia-obscura.com/gamescho.html

Also on that site:
gameschoani2.gif

[quote name='KingBroly']RUMOR: Mega Man 9 on the 22nd: http://wii.kombo.com/article.php?artid=12682

Some interesting stuff there. Probably bias stuff, but it seems the big difference is the PS3/360 d-pads both suck.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='that site']-Capcom plans to upload new content every so often. Possibility DLC won't be available until two to three weeks after the game releases. (speaking of the game's release, Wii users can look forward towards the 22nd of this month...although they've discussed delaying it till the following week due to a BIG Virtual Console title that might take the attention away from RM9)[/QUOTE]

Wonder what that could be? Earthbound? Arcade Super Mario Bros (Whatever that is)? Starfox2?!?!? SMG!?!?!?!?

Arcade Super Mario Bros as a big title? :whistle2:s No, that can't be it.

IF this is true, I'm going to say Secret of Mana. I really don't think it'll be Earthbound. I'd love to see Zombies At My Neighbores :drool:

...Also, Mega Man 9 will have DLC? :whistle2:s

I tried to play SMRPG last night, and realized (again) how much I hate the GC controller for nearly any SNES titles. Guess I'll need to either get a classic controller, or see if I can snag one of those spiffy Club Nintendo Super Famicom controllers.

Do you have an SNES, Lobstah?
If you do, I'd say look to get one of them SNES->Wii/GCN converters so you can use your SNES controllers to play SNES games :bouncy:

I don't have it, but I def want to eventually get it!

No, haven't been able to find one for sale around here. I've actually been rummaging through yard sales/pawn shops to see if I could find some SNES controllers to do this. Although using the GCN->SNES or the Club Nintendo controller would probably be much easier.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']No, haven't been able to find one for sale around here. I've actually been rummaging through yard sales/pawn shops to see if I could find some SNES controllers to do this. Although using the GCN->SNES or the Club Nintendo controller would probably be much easier.[/quote]

Thats fuckin' cool.

tut-tut boo. you dont often misspell words, but this is the second time you spelled neighbor (well, its neighbour to me, but thats how you americans spell it, right?)

[quote name='lilboo']Arcade Super Mario Bros as a big title? :whistle2:s No, that can't be it.

IF this is true, I'm going to say Secret of Mana. I really don't think it'll be Earthbound. I'd love to see Zombies At My Neighbores :drool:

...Also, Mega Man 9 will have DLC? :whistle2:s[/quote]

What's with the talk about Arcade Super Mario Bros. (aka VS. Super Mario Bros.)? If I remember correctly it's basically a hybrid of the original SMB and the Lost Levels. Harder than the original , not as broken as Lost Levels , and no poison mushrooms. I remember playing it a lot at my local aracde.

Also , Zombies ate my Neighbors is still stuck in licensing hell to to the best of my knowledge. So heres hoping for Secret of Mana or Earthbound.

[quote name='StarKnightX']
Also , Zombies ate my Neighbors is still stuck in licensing hell to to the best of my knowledge. [/quote]

Wait, what? :cry:

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Wait, what? :cry:[/quote]

I tried to find an article about it but wasn't able to. The general idea though is that ZamN was on the ESRB rated list for the VC last year , then was pulled off later in the year because of rights issues. Apparently there is a conflict between Lucasarts , Konami , and the original develpment team (which I think no longer works for Lucasarts) over the game , and is keeping it from being released for download.

This may have been cleared up by now though , I'm just going by what I remember. If it is eventually cleared , expect it to have a "licensing tax" ala TMNT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back