XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
I kinda thought MS should put some AMAZING deals out there for Gold members as we ramp up to the XBOX One. It would get people excited and get some positive attention for them. Imagine gamers talking about how MS is going all out putting multiple new games up free for gold members. Gte people excited to see what they do next gen. But no, Rainbow Six Vegas....

I believe the big issue is about the foreign free games thing is that it's happening for countries that are not officially supported by Xbox Live, so they don't have their own marketplace or anything like that. It's a glitch that's somehow caused for these unsupported regions. It's not some person accidentally setting the prices as free or anything like that.

I haven't downloaded anything from other marketplaces, so I guess that It's been for the best in the end (though I would've liked to get those free games).

They could put those other maketplace's free games here through Gold offers (injustice, mars war logs...), and not those shitty games they are offering us through g4g.
They're not offers in those regions, so you won't see them offered here.

Because one person gets banned? Seriously?

They'd be doing me a favor if they banned me. I can finally stop caring about gamerscore and then go 'eyepatch' in full force.
Haha, the more I think about it, the more I realize a wouldn't really care about a ban either. I think all of my XBLA/Games on Demand I haven't played yet are currently downloaded, so I could still play them offline. The only thing that would suck is losing my Gamerscore, but with the next gen nearing and me buying an Xbox One way down the line, that really wouldn't even be too big of a deal at this point.

sigh....got gamertag AND console banned today for "marketplace theft"

anyone else get hit with this?
Have you ever shared downloaded games or dlc with other people (instructions on how to do what I'm talking about listed here http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/84597-shipwreck%E2%80%99s-guide-to-half-priced-xbox-live-arcade-games-and-marketplace-content/ ) Duplication is the first thing listed in the form email they send you for a marketplace theft ban email. All the people I've ever seen pop up from time to time saying they've gotten banned after downloading free games have also done this. If they banned for the free games I'd think forums all over would be getting flooded with hundreds of posts about bans.

Wow lots of bans on there for "altering your avatar." Not only do I wonder how or why someone could alter their avatar "beyond legitimate parameters," but why the heck that qualifies for a permanent ban.

So if MS was a state, half their citizens would get executed for jaywalking?

Wow lots of bans on there for "altering your avatar." Not only do I wonder how or why someone could alter their avatar "beyond legitimate parameters," but why the heck that qualifies for a permanent ban.

they use a computer program to edit the files,its basically so they can change their characters to a color thats not available and stuff like that.

i dont know why anyone would wanna do that either but im guessing its mostly little kids who do it.

modding is a pretty serious breach of their terms of use

So apparently this exists and came out on Friday for $15:

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death

I'm pretty good at staying up to date on all types of video game news. I have no idea what this is, I've never heard of it before.
Glad you posted this. We all must've hit the trailer near the same time. It looks like some raucous fun. Being a CAG, I may have to wait. I'm feeling a bit jetlogged w/ all these titles I've been trying to knock out. However, I'm eagerly awaiting anybody's impressions w/ the game!!

Edit: NVM. I don't know wth I dld'd as I'm sure it had the demo label. It wasn't in my games so I went to game page for access to Free Trial. It's 2.03GB. I must've click on wrong tab before.

Glad you posted this. We all must've hit the trailer near the same time. It looks like some raucous fun. Being a CAG, I may have to wait. I'm feeling a bit jetlogged w/ all these titles I've been trying to knock out. However, I'm eagerly awaiting anybody's impressions w/ the game!!

Edit: NVM. I don't know wth I dld'd as I'm sure it had the demo label. It wasn't in my games so I went to game page for access to Free Trial. It's 2.03GB. I must've click on wrong tab before.
I guess another game from 505 games (which published Marlow Briggs) called Takedown: Red Sabre was supposed to release yesterday but some bugs made MS pull it. It was a Kickstarter game and is a tactical shooter. Looks like STEAM got it though.

Marlow Briggs was developed by the Slovenian company ZootFly. Previous claims to fame include Prison Break, Toy Wars, and various Panzer games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZootFly

It requires altering files using external software, which is expressly prohibited by Microsoft's ToS.

Is there any way to know when Halo 3 is going to be free? I've been wanting to play it so I'm just wondering if I can wait that long.
As luck has it I just finished building my time machine moments after you posted this and as the portal to the future can only be used one time I thought it my duty to aid humanity as best as I could by travelling to the future - all the way to January 2014 to gather this info for you, At that point I was able to sift through the rubble and nuclear waste, fight off mutants and morlocks long enough to gain access to the recent archives of a local newspaper. After going through reams of something involving Syria, an asteroid and some surprise alien invasion or something (boring - no wonder print media is dead!). I came across a note that Halo 3 was successfully released to Xbox Live Gold members for free on November 14th of the previous year. Then some bearded straggler came up to me, recognizing me as someone from the past and tried to mumble something about an important message to take back to save humanity. So I did what anyone would have done in my shoes and I kicked him in the junk, double-tapped his nards for safety sake and got back into my time machine and returned to the present: mission accomplished.

Anyways, I'm glad to be of service. Hope that bit of info helps! Can't wait for November 14th, it's gonna be awesome sauce!!!!

As luck has it I just finished building my time machine moments after you posted this and as the portal to the future can only be used one time I thought it my duty to aid humanity as best as I could by travelling to the future - all the way to January 2014 to gather this info for you, At that point I was able to sift through the rubble and nuclear waste, fight off mutants and morlocks long enough to gain access to the recent archives of a local newspaper. After going through reams of something involving Syria, an asteroid and some surprise alien invasion or something (boring - no wonder print media is dead!). I came across a note that Halo 3 was successfully released to Xbox Live Gold members for free on November 14th of the previous year. Then some bearded straggler came up to me, recognizing me as someone from the past and tried to mumble something about an important message to take back to save humanity. So I did what anyone would have done in my shoes and I kicked him in the junk, double-tapped his nards for safety sake and got back into my time machine and returned to the present: mission accomplished.

Anyways, I'm glad to be of service. Hope that bit of info helps! Can't wait for November 14th, it's gonna be awesome sauce!!!!
Wait until some websites start stating that Halo 3 will be free in November based on your post. x)

So apparently this exists and came out on Friday for $15:

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death

I'm pretty good at staying up to date on all types of video game news. I have no idea what this is, I've never heard of it before.
I heard about it a month ago, only because someone on my friend list apparently got an early code for it. I look forward to it hitting $10 a week from today, since only 15 people in the whole world know that it exists. And that includes the developers.

I miss the good old Redd Joey thread where, you know, we actually mostly about XBL games and stuff.  All this ban talk is bo-friggin-ring. 

they use a computer program to edit the files,its basically so they can change their characters to a color thats not available and stuff like that.

i dont know why anyone would wanna do that either but im guessing its mostly little kids who do it.
It seems like it because the posts usually start "My son's account was banned..."

That seems like a 1 hour ban, at most 24 hr ban, scenario, not permaban. MS = North Korea in training? Executing the account for grafitti?

I miss the good old Redd Joey thread where, you know, we actually mostly about XBL games and stuff. All this ban talk is bo-friggin-ring.
Oh yea, because we have so many games to talk about right now. Seriously, get us started. Mention one thing about this week's terrible deals. How is "Can't wait til tuesday when hopefully deals won't suck" any less boring then people mentioning banning?

Oh and by the way, the old threads were modded all the time for off topic stuff. Your nostalgia is misguided.

Well Marlow seemed pretty fun, except for the fact I was already stuck before I even got to do anything. Damn first platform fell back and I wasn't able to move, had to restart. Then it started stuttering during the first fight. Not good signs.

This is going to be the first of many bans. Throwing a free Rayman Legends out there was probably to see how many illegitimate downloads there were. The game just came out a few weeks ago, why would it be free? Obviously a glitch.or perhaps a way to lure people into downloading it.  Now if you lived in that country it would be a whole different story. I've never seen MS ban people when Fable 2 was free, Ben 10 was free before it de-listed, etc. as long as they lived in the US (which a majority of us do). It sucks that people were banned but they knew the risks going in.

All I can say is I'm glad I skipped the recent freebies. Also got rid of AC3 and the D&D game that were free a while back (yes I know it's a little late for that now), and praying Microsoft doesn't start swinging the ban hammer my way...

I apologize to friends my family and most importantly god for stealing xbox games

All I can say is I'm glad I skipped the recent freebies. Also got rid of AC3 and the D&D game that were free a while back (yes I know it's a little late for that now), and praying Microsoft doesn't start swinging the ban hammer my way...
I have to laugh at the people who delete the games from their hard drive thinking it makes a difference.

What matters most is the purchase history, which is already tied to your console.

I have to laugh at the people who delete the games from their hard drive thinking it makes a difference.

What matters most is the purchase history, which is already tied to your console.
well, i deleted the games and foreign accounts. one of those accounts were banned after deleting it, but not my real account or 360. so i like to think it helped.

This is going to be the first of many bans. Throwing a free Rayman Legends out there was probably to see how many illegitimate downloads there were. The game just came out a few weeks ago, why would it be free? Obviously a glitch.or perhaps a way to lure people into downloading it. Now if you lived in that country it would be a whole different story. I've never seen MS ban people when Fable 2 was free, Ben 10 was free before it de-listed, etc. as long as they lived in the US (which a majority of us do). It sucks that people were banned but they knew the risks going in.
I'm sorry but I can't see the logic in Microsoft deciding to go on a witchhunt by luring people into downloading a new game...that cuts into their profits AND the developer's (which microsoft I'm sure would have to reimburse). That's just horrible business.

"Hey why don't we try to wipe out a bunch of customers right before the new system comes out and force all of them to switch to Sony...oh and let's do it at a loss by putting a brand new friggin game out there and eat that cost but we're too damn cheap to put out a decent game free for our games free gold promotion"

No. Microsoft is not going on a purge. There's so much confusion over whether this whole buying stuff off other markeplaces is actually illegal or inethical that they could easily shut this down by requiring the account to be linked to a paypal or credit card account that matches the profile's country. So many other ways to do this that won't upset a decent chunk of their customer base.

Thats just being Paranoid. I got Dungeon and Dragons like a year or two ago when it was first free from Taiwan I believe and I still have not gotten banned. I also got AC3 and the Borderlands 2 Season pass and nothing has happened. *knock on wood*

I miss the good old Redd Joey thread where, you know, we actually mostly about XBL games and stuff. All this ban talk is bo-friggin-ring.

Oh yea, because we have so many games to talk about right now. Seriously, get us started. Mention one thing about this week's terrible deals. How is "Can't wait til tuesday when hopefully deals won't suck" any less boring then people mentioning banning?

Oh and by the way, the old threads were modded all the time for off topic stuff. Your nostalgia is misguided.
Not that it wasn't sloppy and ridiculous "back in the day," but this thread used to be worth keeping up with for fleeting/under-the-radar deals and collaborative OP editing. Now it's just a cesspool of bitching and grade-school insults helmed by a guy who barely has any idea what BBCode is.

Thats just being Paranoid. I got Dungeon and Dragons like a year or two ago when it was first free from Taiwan I believe and I still have not gotten banned. I also got AC3 and the Borderlands 2 Season pass and nothing has happened. *knock on wood*
That would be me alright. I was iffy on the whole free games thing to begin with, and hearing about bans (be they related or not) is only adding to my paranoia, so I'd rather be rid of the whole thing (or as much so as possible). I'm not trying to judge anyone or tell them to do the same, so hopefully nobody took it as such.

Yes I realize that, but I'd rather delete the games and accounts than do nothing. It's a mind game I'm playing with myself to be sure, but at the very least it gives me back some much needed HDD space that was being taken up by games I have little to no desire to even play. It probably makes no difference in the grand scheme of things, but it's not like it can hurt either.

Not that it wasn't sloppy and ridiculous "back in the day," but this thread used to be worth keeping up with for fleeting/under-the-radar deals and collaborative OP editing. Now it's just a cesspool of bitching and grade-school insults helmed by a guy who barely has any idea what BBCode is.
I'm sure Tyler would gladly share the OP duties if wikis were still around. The new editor doesn't always make it easy to format anything either, so any oddities with the way the OP looks is probably related to that.

You guys do realize those who were banned were doing other extramartial things like sharing their account or trying to sell them. So you guys can stop logging on xbox.com every minute making sure your account is still active.

I doubt anyone will get banned for this, the people being banned have done Illegal things on there account they are failing to mention.  You guys have extreme paranoia over nothing lol

Yup. I encouraged many others to start the new thread several times, but everybody pussied out. I guess i was the only one with the balls to actually do it.

Also, im curious how a wikified OP would improve the quality of the discussion here, or make more people want to come to this thread. There aren't any stealth deals to post, i dont understand how a wikified OP would help that at all.

And if you have any sort of feedback for the op, post it. Don't just make passive aggressive insults about me and the other regular thread users.

Finally, nice to see your cocksucker side has returned. Its actually been nice not having you post here as much, so i must be doing something right.

Yup. I encouraged many others to start the new thread several times, but everybody pussied out. I guess i was the only one with the balls to actually do it.

Also, im curious how a wikified OP would improve the quality of the discussion here, or make more people want to come to this thread. There aren't any stealth deals to post, i dont understand how a wikified OP would help that at all.

And if you have any sort of feedback for the op, post it. Don't just make passive aggressive insults about me and the other regular thread users.

Finally, nice to see your cocksucker side has returned. Its actually been nice not having you post here as much, so i must be doing something right.
Agreed. The OP being updated more quickly wouldn't really change much of anything. There was a long period where anybody that wanted to take over with a new thread was free to do it, so there's no reason to get upset about this being the thread that finally happened.

Has more than 1 person even confirmed to be banned yet?
I don't think so.

I remember someone posting a post (here or Neogaf, not sure) saying they had been banned for downloading some game like that. He posted the image that explained why they banned him and it turned out, he later confessed to it as well, he had shared the account to duplicate the content.

I don't think so.

I remember someone posting a post (here or Neogaf, not sure) saying they had been banned for downloading some game like that. He posted the image that explained why they banned him and it turned out, he later confessed to it as well, he had shared the account to duplicate the content.
I believe the person who talked about being banned on neoGAF turned out to be a pirate (he admitted to this eventually). Some impressive detective work from the people on those forums revealed this piracy and that he was attempting to sell his banned Xbox as well. So far no one has been banned for all of the Oman related stuff that I've seen anywhere. At least not explicitly for that.

Can we put this to bed. Every time this happens everyone freaks out that there will be a series of bans. Sorry to go all caps here but i feel like i need to shout this out:

NO ONE WILL BE BANNED FOR LEGITIMATE PURCHASES

All purchases that made use of a glitch on foreign accounts were 100% legitimate. End of story. It's like at a retail shop when a price rings up wrong on their system - it's their fault and not yours and they have to honour the lower price or give you the item free. Don't worry about deleting the games or the profiles. Just enjoy your legitimate purchase as you would any purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back