XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the person who talked about being banned on neoGAF turned out to be a pirate (he admitted to this eventually). Some impressive detective work from the people on those forums revealed this piracy and that he was attempting to sell his banned Xbox as well. So far no one has been banned for all of the Oman related stuff that I've seen anywhere. At least not explicitly for that.
This is like that one scene from goodfellas when karen flushes all of the coke in the toilet because they think the cops are after them everyone here scattered like roaches over nothing.

Were these purchases "legitimate"?  Let's see, people found a workaround by misrepresenting their location and DL'd games for no cost whatsoever knowing full well that they were never intended to be free for their market.  Oh yeah, that seems perfectly "legitimate".  The amount of rationalization to justify one's actions by some of these people is amazing.

Were these purchases "legitimate"? Let's see, people found a workaround by misrepresenting their location and DL'd games for no cost whatsoever knowing full well that they were never intended to be free for their market. Oh yeah, that seems perfectly "legitimate". The amount of rationalization to justify one's actions by some of these people is amazing.
You're just mad you missed out on free sonic adventures

Wow. I missed ban gate?

You have to remember one thing: Microsoft is a business. All their decisions hinge on what makes them the most money.

The two scenarios here are:

1) They ban a customer who grabbed a few games due to a glitch. They gain absolutely nothing by doing this. This does not serve as a deterrent to others, the vast majority of who didn't even know about this. And they lose out on current and future revenue by telling a customer essentially: we don't want your money through XBLA purchases and Gold subscription.

2) They do nothing. They keep their paying customer both for this and -hopefully- the next generation.

Seems like an easy choice to me. Even Microsoft is not that foolish. I think you can all relax.

People are understandably worried about bans.  I'm sure we've all seen the banhammer slammed down on people who didn't deserve it before in games, on Xbox Live/PSN or in forums.  But there seems to be no reason to worry about things in this case.  I don't think it would've even blown up in this thread had there been a decent, non-repeat sale on Xbox Live this week.  I hope Tuesday morning will bring some good deals for us all.

And also...Sonic Adventure was great.  Big the Cat levels were better than the entirety of some of the Sonic games we've gotten this gen. 

I was taking you seriously until that last sentence.
Just trying to dispel some of the tension in the thread about bans and such. :p

And has anyone heard anything about a release date for Soul Calibur 2 HD Online beyond the vague estimate of "sometime this fall"?

Were these purchases "legitimate"? Let's see, people found a workaround by misrepresenting their location and DL'd games for no cost whatsoever knowing full well that they were never intended to be free for their market. Oh yeah, that seems perfectly "legitimate". The amount of rationalization to justify one's actions by some of these people is amazing.
Um legitimate is a legal term. And yes legally these were legitimate purchases. There was no hacking or illegal usage of MS' marketplace. People logged in, saw an item listed for free and purchased a license to use it. How is that illegitimate by any stretch of the imagination?

Is it fair? I don't know. Is it ethical? Well again that's up for debate. It certainly isn't piracy as these are legitimate licenses that were gained through legitimate ways. And of course it isn't theft because you can't steal software you can only pirate it. This is not a justification, it's just facts. You assume a lot - staying that I should know what Microsoft intended. So if a guy puts a sign on his front lawn and underneath is a pile of wood and the sign says "free" am I not to understand that the intention is that he's giving away free wood? I am not a mind reader and can only go by what information Microsoft gave me. The product showed as free on their system so I assumed that their intention was for it to be free. How is that a crazy assumption on my part?

Again I won't get into ethics as I know some people who feel that all video games are ethically immoral so I won't open that can of worms. I just wanted to say that these were legal and legitimate purchases even by Microsoft terms and conditions and code of conduct. If you can show me where it violates those above documents to engage in this behaviour then please feel free to educate me. But I've gone through those documents numerous times and they would not bar anyone from this sort of behaviour.

I'm so tired of people on this thread treating those who take advantage of deals in other regions as criminals, thieves of scumbags. If you have a moral issue with it fine. But that's your choice. I don't eat pork but that's my choice and I don't take it out on people go choose to feast down on bacon or ham sandwiches. And for the record I do not a misrepresent where I live to Microsoft. For each account I give Microsoft my address, name and in some cases credit card number or Paypal account. Then I migrate that account. But even if I didn't shall I ask you this: have you never used false info on an Internet site to gain access when it asks your proper date of birth - perhaps you don't trust websites securities and don't want that information stolen or shared? Have you ever tried to watch a mature rated video on IGN or Gamespot and been asked to input your date of birth and just selected something at random? How can you live with yourself for accessing a website by using false information? How you can even sleep at night astounds me!

In fact I want to finally put this to bed so if you can clearly prove that these were illegitimate purchases then just prove it to me and I'll happily send you $50 USD through Paypal. You seem so quick to say that these were illegal actions - please feel free to actually prove your statements and you get my money. Hope that ends this argument so we can go back to discussing games rather than this shit.

I'd just like to say that I for one appreciate TylerH and whoever else works on this thread.  So thank you.

On a side note....count me as one of those that deeply regrets buying sonic adventure and the DLC...game just isn't entertaining for me.

This account was permanently suspended for the theft or attempted theft of marketplace assets, specifically by attempting to utilize or share fraudulent methods in order to obtain content or redemption codes.

The specific conduct that caused this suspension may include, but is not limited to:

- Promotion or distribution of fraudulent methods in order to obtain marketplace content

- Utilizing fraudulent methods in order to obtain region-specific marketplace content or circumvent regional pricing

- Illegitimate acquisition of marketplace content

- Illegitimate acquisition of redemption codes

To help avoid future account suspensions, please review the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct and the Terms of Use here:
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/2366/t/1589405.aspx

was just posted on the xbox forums

I'd just like to say that I for one appreciate TylerH and whoever else works on this thread. So thank you.

On a side note....count me as one of those that deeply regrets buying sonic adventure and the DLC...game just isn't entertaining for me.
I think it's one of those games that you had to play on Dreamcast to still enjoy it today.

I think it's one of those games that you had to play on Dreamcast to still enjoy it today.
That may very well be the case. I had it for my Dreamcast back in the day and loved it. Played it on XBLA and enjoyed it a ton, but it felt a little clunky. It is almost 15 years old so it's bound to not be as fun to people who didn't experience it near release. Nostalgia can be powerful. I also enjoyed the arcade release of Soul Calibur. But I wonder if I'd enjoy going back and playing Power Stone, Plasma Sword or House of The Dead 2 again.

Skonson, changing your location to access other countries promotions cant be seen as legal. If they wanted Americans to have it, it would of been free in America.

Sonic Adventure was one of the games I was excited to play when I got my Dreamcast, but it was a huge disappointment due to the dumb Adventure stages. It was easy for me to get lost and be unable to figure out how to get back to where I should be, which is probably due to the lack of standards for that stuff 14 years ago. If they made a version of that game with just the action stages, it would probably be a much better game to play now.

Well MS apparently thinks It's illegal/again TOS otherwise they wouldn't have been banned. This one right here even states:

- Utilizing fraudulent methods in order to obtain region-specific marketplace content or circumvent regional pricing

MS considers switching regions/making accounts to download foreign content for free against their TOS.It's explicitly stated in this link and the reason why this guy was banned. It will be the first of many.

Hopefully they will not be looking into previous cases of using an account from a different region to acquire games. Last and only time I ever bothered to do anything like that was for AC3, which I still haven't and likely never will play :razz:

It will be the first of many.
Or it won't.

People on GAF looked into the gamertag history and found no history of the 'free' games being on there.

MS lists a few things that a banned account could have done, but they never get specific. Maybe he did do the region stuff, maybe he didn't.

I wish people would stop treating single incidents as the coming of the rapture.

Or it won't.

People on GAF looked into the gamertag history and found no history of the 'free' games being on there.

MS lists a few things that a banned account could have done, but they never get specific. Maybe he did do the region stuff, maybe he didn't.

I wish people would stop treating single incidents as the coming of the rapture.
I like your optimism and see the logic on why you have it, but I'm legit scared.

Um legitimate is a legal term. And yes legally these were legitimate purchases. There was no hacking or illegal usage of MS' marketplace. People logged in, saw an item listed for free and purchased a license to use it. How is that illegitimate by any stretch of the imagination?

Is it fair? I don't know. Is it ethical? Well again that's up for debate. It certainly isn't piracy as these are legitimate licenses that were gained through legitimate ways. And of course it isn't theft because you can't steal software you can only pirate it. This is not a justification, it's just facts. You assume a lot - staying that I should know what Microsoft intended. So if a guy puts a sign on his front lawn and underneath is a pile of wood and the sign says "free" am I not to understand that the intention is that he's giving away free wood? I am not a mind reader and can only go by what information Microsoft gave me. The product showed as free on their system so I assumed that their intention was for it to be free. How is that a crazy assumption on my part?

Again I won't get into ethics as I know some people who feel that all video games are ethically immoral so I won't open that can of worms. I just wanted to say that these were legal and legitimate purchases even by Microsoft terms and conditions and code of conduct. If you can show me where it violates those above documents to engage in this behaviour then please feel free to educate me. But I've gone through those documents numerous times and they would not bar anyone from this sort of behaviour.

I'm so tired of people on this thread treating those who take advantage of deals in other regions as criminals, thieves of scumbags. If you have a moral issue with it fine. But that's your choice. I don't eat pork but that's my choice and I don't take it out on people go choose to feast down on bacon or ham sandwiches. And for the record I do not a misrepresent where I live to Microsoft. For each account I give Microsoft my address, name and in some cases credit card number or Paypal account. Then I migrate that account. But even if I didn't shall I ask you this: have you never used false info on an Internet site to gain access when it asks your proper date of birth - perhaps you don't trust websites securities and don't want that information stolen or shared? Have you ever tried to watch a mature rated video on IGN or Gamespot and been asked to input your date of birth and just selected something at random? How can you live with yourself for accessing a website by using false information? How you can even sleep at night astounds me!

In fact I want to finally put this to bed so if you can clearly prove that these were illegitimate purchases then just prove it to me and I'll happily send you $50 USD through Paypal. You seem so quick to say that these were illegal actions - please feel free to actually prove your statements and you get my money. Hope that ends this argument so we can go back to discussing games rather than this shit.

Intentional deceit to obtain goods is not seen as legitimate. If you claim to live someone else to obtain services that would have otherwise been denied to you, then you are not conducting a legitimate purchase.

How about we all play nice and act civil towards one another. We don't need anymore "cocksucker" comments or the promotion of actions that are against TOS

This account was permanently suspended for the theft or attempted theft of marketplace assets, specifically by attempting to utilize or share fraudulent methods in order to obtain content or redemption codes.

The specific conduct that caused this suspension may include, but is not limited to:

- Promotion or distribution of fraudulent methods in order to obtain marketplace content

- Illegitimate acquisition of redemption codes

To help avoid future account suspensions, please review the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct and the Terms of Use here:

http://www.xbox.com/Legal/CodeOfConduct

http://www.xbox.com/Legal/LiveTOU

I'll PM you my Paypal information shortly. I can assume you're a man of your word, right?

The sad realization that no matter how much people white knight them, Micro$oft has never and will never give a shit nor reward you any money for your crusades.

The sad realization that no matter how much people white knight them, Micro$oft has never and will never give a shit nor reward you any money for your crusades.
So people who don't equate Microsoft with Satan and call for their downfall are on a crusade for them? Suuuure.

Uh oh. That "Utilizing fraudulent methods in order to obtain region-specific marketplace content or circumvent regional pricing" is kind of scary.

Does anyone know, can I still play any games I have downloaded on my hard drive if I am actually banned? Or do I lose access to those as well?
Yep. You can still play anything on your hard drive. You just have zero access to anything via Xbox Live. So no re-downloading stuff you may have deleted.

Yep. You can still play anything on your hard drive. You just have zero access to anything via Xbox Live. So no re-downloading stuff you may have deleted.
Thanks. That's what I figured. I may want to browse my download history and make sure I have everything that I will want to play downloaded.

Why do you guys like scaring yourself jesus christ panicking petes over here

Look at his games played nothing of recent from any foreign MP he was obviously banned for something other then using an Oman account now go play some rayman legends

I don't think this is correct. According to the Xbox code of conduct page "UPON RECEIVING A PERMANENT SUSPENSION ALL CONTENT LICENSES, GOLD MEMBERSHIP TIME, AND MICROSOFT POINTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SUSPENDED ACCOUNT ARE FORFEIT."

I believe content licenses=any downloaded game if I'm not mistaken.

However I have still seen 0 evidence that anyone has ever been banned for using an account from another country. It's obviously against the ToS, it's fraud, I've never understood why some try to argue otherwise but the post linked earlier doesn't say he was banned for it. It listed multiple possibilities and of course the always present "but not limited to". If you check his GT's game history he has no recently free games played recently other than Bloodforge and it was played before it was free. If there were bans going out I think forums all over would be flooded with ban stories not a tiny handful. I could always be completely wrong and this is just the first of many but I personally don't think so.

Re the linked ban post on the support forums: is it possible that was because of using something like a VPN? I remember seeing a lot of mentioning about that was know to be against xbox ToS, so maybe he used it to grab one of the free gold games in another country and got banned for that.

I don't know, it just seems like a possibility perhaps.

I don't think this is correct. According to the Xbox code of conduct page "UPON RECEIVING A PERMANENT SUSPENSION ALL CONTENT LICENSES, GOLD MEMBERSHIP TIME, AND MICROSOFT POINTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SUSPENDED ACCOUNT ARE FORFEIT."

However I have still seen 0 evidence that anyone has ever been banned for using an account from another country. It's obviously against the ToS, it's fraud, I've never understood why some try to argue otherwise but the post linked earlier doesn't say he was banned for it. It listed multiple possibilities and of course the always present "but not limited to". If you check his GT's game history he has no recently free games played recently other than Bloodforge and it was played before it was free. If there were bans going out I think forums all over would be flooded with ban stories not a tiny handful. I could always be completely wrong and this is just the first of many but I personally don't think so.
Is this about the guy from NeoGaf?

They found out (and he later confessed) that he was pirating games on top of using other accounts to get games. So he could've been banned for either, although I would place my bet on the former more than the latter.

Is this about the guy from NeoGaf?

They found out (and he later confessed) that he was pirating games on top of using other accounts to get games. So he could've been banned for either, although I would place my bet on the former more than the latter.
No I'm talking about this topic on the Xbox forums http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/2366/t/1589405.aspx

but ya the guy on Gaf admitted to both piracy and sharing accounts both of which will get you banned and were probably the reason for his ban.

If they ban us, then who can complain about how awful their deals are?! WHO?

And I don't feel too worried, it isn't widespread enough for me to feel like I have to prepare my butthole. Though it would suck ass if I get banned over Sonic Adventure and other mediocre titles.

No I'm talking about this topic on the Xbox forums http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/2366/t/1589405.aspx

but ya the guy on Gaf admitted to both piracy and sharing accounts both of which will get you banned and were probably the reason for his ban.
It's the same guy.

GAF detectives investigated all this and it turned out to be the same guy who is listed on the GAF post as well.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=683505&page=45

You may be right there as it relates to Games on Demand and such. If so, I'm sorry for spreading false information. It's really difficult to discern what's restricted when your console and account get banned other than not being able to access Xbox Live. Apparently there haven't been too many widespread console bans over the last couple of years so most of the posts and such are anecdotal at best and I don't know anyone personally who has had a full console ban (just a couple who had 2 week live bans and such).

Either way, I wonder if there's any reason to be alarmed. So far we've gotten (I think) two reports of people being banned who changed regions to get free games and one of them was likely more about piracy than "marketplace fraud".

Damn you, Microsoft! Give us some sales to talk about instead!

Ah yes i totally called for their downfall, death to MS! herp derp
Your use of the terms "white knight" and "crusade" certainly fall in line with that of a downfall. Besides, you can hardly be defensive about an assumption being made about your statement when you make assumptions yourself about people's intentions when they're not full blown anti-Microsoft. BTW, excellent retort with "herp derp". Very well thought out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back