XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Has anyone played Matt Hazard? It's been over two years and no sale, is it worth $15?[/QUOTE]

Ridiculous, campy tone. Duke Nukem feel to it. Worth a rental but not a purchase at $15.

[quote name='Outinthedark']Ridiculous, campy tone. Duke Nukem feel to it. Worth a rental but not a purchase at $15.[/QUOTE]

naw naw, the XBLA game is what i think he means, blood bath and beyond. i tried the demo and wasnt that into it, and they took away the Will Arnet voice over, so -10 points right there!

[quote name='yamayama']I think the only things that need spoiler tags are the music game stuff.[/QUOTE]

Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father.

tylerh1701 and frisky: + 1 to you both. I really appreciate the amazing group effort that has captured and organized all the sales, markdowns, app deals, and publisher deals that have been offered ever since Reddjoey wikied up the op (Cornelius and Bobbytastic in particular have put a metric crapton of work and care into it, which is incredibly gracious of them). However a new thread with one owner and perhaps a copilot seems to make sense (especially when the title can only be edited by the thread owner...popcap anyone?)

FWIW, I'd like to nominate Tyler for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='silverrat23']For any Australians out there, Transformers: WFC is 640MSP on the Australian marketplace.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: Can confirm that its 640MSP, just purchased it. Thanks again.

[quote name='silverrat23']For any Australians out there, Transformers: WFC is 640MSP on the Australian marketplace.[/QUOTE]

its good that we get a game on demand this cheap, even cheaper than america. usually we would be paying a little bit more

Aw man, I just made my first accidental purchase on Xbox Live. I was checking out the Toy Soldiers Invasion DLC 'cause I was planning to buy it next week. I absentmindedly clicked through to purchase while distracted by the presidential debate. I feel like such an idiot right now. I guess at the least I'm only out 200 points.

[quote name='xbox_man']its good that we get a game on demand this cheap, even cheaper than america. usually we would be paying a little bit more[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Prototype is $20+ for us at the moment.

Ok so here's a question that I'll probably get some heat for...

Are the MW2 DLC's worth it at all? Which one or both?

I hated MW3 and recently stumbled upon my old MW2 disc. 600 points a pop is horrible, sure, but the MW1 maps seem like they could be great on MW2. Considering that MW1 is hacked to smithereens these days, I'd love to play those maps again in MW2....

Anyone?

I agree that there needs to be a new OP. RJ is busy with school.

The thread title doesn't need to be changed every week. Sometimes things come up and people are busy with real life. Keep it simple, like "Xbox Live Weekly Deals" or something and leave the first couple pages wikified. Or can you only wiki the frist post?

[quote name='masterd919']Ok so here's a question that I'll probably get some heat for...

I hated MW3 and recently stumbled upon my old MW2 disc. 600 points a pop is horrible, sure, but the MW1 maps seem like they could be great on MW2. Considering that MW1 is hacked to smithereens these days, I'd love to play those maps again in MW2....

Anyone?[/QUOTE]

I only own the stimulus pack, and it has crash, if you liked that map from cod 4. Can't say anything about the resurgence pack though.

[quote name='rapsodist']Aw man, I just made my first accidental purchase on Xbox Live. I was checking out the Toy Soldiers Invasion DLC 'cause I was planning to buy it next week. I absentmindedly clicked through to purchase while distracted by the presidential debate. I feel like such an idiot right now. I guess at the least I'm only out 200 points.[/QUOTE]

LOL. I had that moment while in a full party awhile back. I was browsing the XBLIG section and downloading a bunch of demos but accidentally bought one of the worst titles ever! And here's the kicker... It was one of the $3 XBLIG games... *pain*

DO NOT BUY ANGRY WIZARDS!!!! ***WARNING*** DO NOT BUY ANGRY WIZARDS!!!

so much fail in this title, I don't know where to begin.. how about you can't save your game progress? how about having one of the worst combat systems ever? how about being as boring as possible? how about having huge maps that take forever to traverse??? and did I say that you can't save your progress while traversing this vast distance?

[quote name='LondonGaijin']Has anyone been brave enough to download the Australian WFC offer, for use on another profile/region (does it work?)?[/QUOTE]

You can create an Australian account and buy AUS-only MSP (mind you, they are WAY too expensive). Load that into the account and then buy Transformers. After downloading it, you should be able to switch to your main account and play it from there.

Damn a complete ninja turtle costume for your avatar is 640 if you want the weapon too. Wish xbox would go down in price for avatar stuff. The nfl helmets are pretty cool tho

[quote name='silverrat23']You can create an Australian account and buy AUS-only MSP (mind you, they are WAY too expensive). Load that into the account and then buy Transformers. After downloading it, you should be able to switch to your main account and play it from there.[/QUOTE]

yeah our points over here are expensive. bing points do work too. if anybody has a hungarian account already i think i remember that it was also 640 msp. but i dont know if the transformers game is region locked.

[quote name='yamayama']I agree that there needs to be a new OP. RJ is busy with school. The thread title doesn't need to be changed every week. Sometimes things come up and people are busy with real life. Keep it simple, like "Xbox Live Weekly Deals" or something and leave the first couple pages wikified. Or can you only wiki the frist post?[/QUOTE]
Agreed on the thread title, but I think the OP is working fine ... as long as we keep the non-sale items (like permanent markdowns) either collapsed and/or trim them quicker. I personally don't need to separate GoD from XBLA/DLC, except for what's GOLD-only vs. open to everyone, since not everyone would be eligible. I'd even collapse/trim the "mystery wheel" in the S&S+ app, as long as it only produces avatar fluff.

[quote name='Cornelius']Agreed on the thread title, but I think the OP is working fine ... as long as we keep the non-sale items (like permanent markdowns) either collapsed and/or trim them quicker. I personally don't need to separate GoD from XBLA/DLC, except for what's GOLD-only vs. open to everyone, since not everyone would be eligible. I'd even collapse/trim the "mystery wheel" in the S&S+ app, as long as it only produces avatar fluff.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Totally agree. Price drops are not deals and paid avatar items are worthless lol...

Also XBLA deal related, something weird happend to me. I had the VF5 demo download already and went to buy the full version. Usually that will unlock a XBLA game instantly. But upon adding it to my download queue, it started to download the entire 1.91 GB download. So I think I'm going to delete the demo then restart my download. :confused:

As someone who is sorta a newbie to this thread, I have to say I think the OP is just fine. I like the color coding and I'm able to find what I need quickly. I think the Dance Central and Rock Band stuff should be put behind spoiler tags. Simply b/c they're a large list of items on their own, and not everyone who owns a 360 has those peripherals (like me, I'm guitar and kinect free atm).

I also like the fact that it's a wiki where one sole person is not in charge. It can be quite frustrating when a great thread gets started and then the OP disappears after 6 mos, or is too busy to keep up w/ it on a daily basis. Though it's good to have a few ppl keeping up w/ the updates, a structure needs to be maintained, and some consensus among them of who is going to do what. Cuz as the saying goes too many cooks spoil the soup, and I'm starting to see a little bit of that here w/in the last couple of days.

For those advocating for a new thread, keep in mind this is a year long thread and the year is almost up. Why go through the trouble of that? I've looked at the links for the previous years' threads and the OPs pretty much retained the same format. Again as someone new to it, I didn't find it that hard to get what I needed from them.

Just my 2¢

NiGHTS is definitely missing the playable Sonic feature from Christmas NiGHTS. Sad face, as that would've been so easy to include.

"While the dreams from Christmas NiGHTS are featured in the game, we were unfortunately unable to include all of the bonus features and modes. Hopefully players won't miss them too much while they're playing the holiday levels in high-definition!"
-SEGA

[quote name='eastx']NiGHTS is definitely missing the playable Sonic feature from Christmas NiGHTS. Sad face, as that would've been so easy to include.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know what else is missing, having never played it I guess I won't notice but if something really good was cut that will bother me for some reason.:)

[quote name='benjamouth']Does anyone know what else is missing, having never played it I guess I won't notice but if something really good was cut that will bother me for some reason.:)[/QUOTE]

I'm not far enough along to know every little aspect, but it's important to keep in mind that Christmas NiGHTS was a separate bonus disc and not part of the main NiGHTS game. Every little part of the original game except for the 2-player versus mode (which sucked) is included, plus a few new bonus features that weren't in the original game like a video gallery, A-life tracking utility, etc.

The Christmas NiGHTS thing is like they gave us 2/3 of a DLC package, but at least we got some of that content in the XBLA game for free.

I bet 90% of the people here that will complain about the missing features in Christmas Nights, didn't even know about Christmas Nights' existence prior to reading this thread. Its really no big deal.

From first hand experience, playing as Sonic was pretty terrible. It was clunky and awkward, fighting the boss with the eggman skin was pretty cool, but the actual dream level played horrible.

[quote name='eastx']NiGHTS is definitely missing the playable Sonic feature from Christmas NiGHTS. Sad face, as that would've been so easy to include.[/QUOTE]Well that sucks. What about the other stuff, like the music mixer & A-Life?

In any case, I should be glad we even got Xmas Nights in the 1st place, let alone Nights on XBLA/PSN. Wonder if avatar awards got included as well.

[quote name='dirtyvu']I don't think that the wiki part is bad. In fact, I like that part. What I don't like is how the thread has become a megaconglomerate for everything on Xbox Live. People come into this thread to discuss anything and everything related to Xbox Live when the thread is supposed to be about Xbox Live Deals of the Week. This thread is an unwieldy mess. People just camp out in this thread. I guess that's fine for those with the dedication but for other people, we shouldn't have to go through pages of info just to find pertinent info.

With the way the thread is, it should just be called Xbox Live.[/QUOTE]

I disagree completely with this. This thread is the main reason I come to CAG every day. I love that it's turned into discussions of all things XBLA, not just sales. If you're looking for pertinent info on sales, that's what the OP is for.

[quote name='ooga']I bet 90% of the people here that will complain about the missing features in Christmas Nights, didn't even know about Christmas Nights' existence prior to reading this thread. Its really no big deal.[/QUOTE]
WHAT NO SONIC IN NIGHTS? (Never even heard of Nights before about a month ago)

[quote name='masterd919']Ok so here's a question that I'll probably get some heat for...

Anyone?[/QUOTE]Just a warning: the Fuel map in the Resurgence DLC has a glitch where players can hide inside the geometry of the level. That allows them to fire on their opponents while being practically invincible themselves. It's been a very long time since I've played MW2, but last I had heard the developers were not planning on fixing the glitch. That issue aside I still had a lot of fun with both map packs.

[quote name='ooga']I bet 90% of the people here that will complain about the missing features in Christmas Nights, didn't even know about Christmas Nights' existence prior to reading this thread. Its really no big deal.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thenutman69321']WHAT NO SONIC IN NIGHTS? (Never even heard of Nights before about a month ago)[/QUOTE]

I'll jump on this boat.

"Ya Sega is really bending us over on this one. Not including Sonic in the Chirstmas Nights is unforgivable, and I will not be purchasing the game for that reason!" (Only ever seen/heard of Nights because of Sega Superstar Tennis).

[quote name='tylerh1701'](Only ever seen/heard of Nights because of Sega Superstar Tennis).[/QUOTE]

Oh Tyler, you have so much gaming history to catch up on. :p

NiGHTS and his/its rival Reala are also in Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Transformed, which is looking to be an awesome game (played it at two events already).

[quote name='eastx']Oh Tyler, you have so much gaming history to catch up on. :p

NiGHTS and his/its rival Reala are also in Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Transformed, which is looking to be an awesome game (played it at two events already).[/QUOTE]

I was a Nintendo guy my entire childhood, and was never into arcades. So ya, there's a lot of stuff out there I missed out on. :)

I really enjoyed the first Sonic racing game, looking forward to the 2nd one.

Anyone else get screwed over by the sales & specials app this week? Just went to purchase Braid at 240 msp's off. Game showed up for 400 msp's. It errored when i purchased and said i could not purchase or perform this task and it removed 800 msps from my account.

Edit:
Went to check my download history see if it showed up but below is the same error i got before when i purchased the game.

Exact error is Can't retrieve information from Xbox LIVE.
Please try again later.

Status code: 807B01F4

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'll jump on this boat.

"Ya Sega is really bending us over on this one. Not including Sonic in the Chirstmas Nights is unforgivable, and I will not be purchasing the game for that reason!" (Only ever seen/heard of Nights because of Sega Superstar Tennis).[/QUOTE]

Furthermore, Nights and Christmas Nights are two separate games. Nights is the retail game, CN was a 2 level game given away mostly by a Saturn magazine (there were other ways to get it). So it,s not really part of the game.

Well i just purchased Braid through the sales and specials app and it errored on me, Go to download history and it was there. Tried downloading it through there, errored again.

Now its trying to charge me 400 msp's again, and i already bought it once through their app.

Anyone else having this problem?

And does anyone know how to get a hold of the app owners to get it straighted out?

Try going to account history and past purchases. May show up there as a freebie download.
Avoid going through app.

Would you guys recommend the Transformers: War for Cybertron DLC? I am thinking about buying the GoD version of the game since 800 Microsoft Points is a pretty good deal, but have no idea whether the DLC would be worth it.

I'm really sorry for asking this here but I just bought a 360 slim last week and I can't decide if I should get the Nyko STS intercooler, I really just want it as I have 2 dogs who shed a lot and my PS3 gets really dusty as it is and I'm afraid with the big vent on the side of the Xbox if it will easily trap dust and dog hair inside, anybody with knowledge/experience with this could please help me out? I'd really appreciate, again I'm sorry for posting this here but idk where else to ask as YouTube videos aren't really helping me out. Just PM me

Well xbox live won't even connect now on either xbox's i have. After doing a google search xbox live has been crashing for the past 12-13 hours. Just done it for me 5 mins ago.

Guess i'm stuck playing nfl blitz on the ps3 until live comes back online later tonight.

As for purchase history idea, i went through download history, haven't tried purchase history yet on xbox live website. will try that later tonight when live comes back online.

[quote name='smiley80118']Well xbox live won't even connect now on either xbox's i have. After doing a google search xbox live has been crashing for the past 12-13 hours. Just done it for me 5 mins ago.

Guess i'm stuck playing nfl blitz on the ps3 until live comes back online later tonight.

As for purchase history idea, i went through download history, haven't tried purchase history yet on xbox live website. will try that later tonight when live comes back online.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me, I just reset the console and I was able to connect though.

[quote name='fei33']Would you guys recommend the Transformers: War for Cybertron DLC? I am thinking about buying the GoD version of the game since 800 Microsoft Points is a pretty good deal, but have no idea whether the DLC would be worth it.[/QUOTE]

only if you plan on playing a lot of the escalation "horde" mode, most of the dlc is maps for that i THINK. some MP maps and characters too. if youre really into seeing the OG characters its worth it.

[quote name='JohnWayne']I'm really sorry for asking this here but I just bought a 360 slim last week and I can't decide if I should get the Nyko STS intercooler, I really just want it as I have 2 dogs who shed a lot and my PS3 gets really dusty as it is and I'm afraid with the big vent on the side of the Xbox if it will easily trap dust and dog hair inside, anybody with knowledge/experience with this could please help me out? I'd really appreciate, again I'm sorry for posting this here but idk where else to ask as YouTube videos aren't really helping me out. Just PM me[/QUOTE]

Most dust is dead human skin cells.

Take a bath and shave the dog.

[quote name='eastx']Happy Wars[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this in the thread. I'm really excited to see how it plays out, especially since it's Xbox Live's first online F2P XBLA game. :D

Anyone?[/QUOTE]

If you're still playing MW2 then by all means get both. I especially loved the maps Trailer Park and Carnival...pretty sure those were in Resurgence.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this in the thread. I'm really excited to see how it plays out, especially since it's Xbox Live's first online F2P XBLA game. :D[/QUOTE]

There are probably a lot of people in this thread who have already played it but aren't supposed to really talk about what's in it so they just say nothing.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this in the thread. I'm really excited to see how it plays out, especially since it's Xbox Live's first online F2P XBLA game. :D[/QUOTE]

played it on my friends xbox. i didnt sign an nda he did so dont attack me. played one game and never looked back, pretty boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back