XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Blade3D']I was so hoping those leaked XBLA game cover art included Shenmue...[/QUOTE]

+1.

I really want Shenmue too.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this in the thread. I'm really excited to see how it plays out, especially since it's Xbox Live's first online F2P XBLA game. :D[/QUOTE]

What I've heard so far has not been very pleasant.

I thought the tutorials were fun, I didn't even bother taking it to Live though. If there's no real incentive to play it during the beta other than playing it early, AND I can play it for free when it releases, I don't have any inclination to fire it up now.

I've got one more suggestion for the OP: Alphabetize each list in that post, as that would make it a lot easier to read them than when they're all jumbled up.

Well, got my XBox Live Rewards Birthday Gift and an e-mail virtual card.

Congratulations! This month you'll be another year wiser. But what's a birthday without a sweet surprise? Try this: Enjoy 20 Microsoft Points as our gift to you. Use it toward anything you wish in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Your birthday Microsoft Points will be automatically deposited into your Xbox LIVE account by the 15th of the month.

It's just one of the fun extras you get for reaching
CONTENDER, CHAMPION or LEGEND status on MyAchievements from Xbox LIVE Rewards. Now, take a deep breath and blow out those candles!

Hoping your birthday wishes come true,

Xbox LIVE Rewards Squad

I'll gladly take 25 cents over getting raped, so I'm not going to complain.

[quote name='bardockkun']Well, got my XBox Live Rewards Birthday Gift and an e-mail virtual card.

I'll gladly take 25 cents over getting raped, so I'm not going to complain.[/QUOTE]

Happy Birthday. Don't spend them all in one place. Actually I guess you'll have to.

[quote name='louiedog']Happy Birthday. Don't spend them all in one place. Actually I guess you'll have to.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! It isn't until next week, but I look forward to...uh, staying at home and looking on CAG for deals instead of telling friends or family what to get me because I'm always afraid of them overspending.

A whole 25 cents!?

Eric-makes-it-rain.gif

I like how they say you can use it on anything in the marketplace. Assuming you have more points. It would have been nice of them to at least give us 80 MSP. At least you can actually buy something with that.

[quote name='eastx']NiGHTS is definitely missing the playable Sonic feature from Christmas NiGHTS. Sad face, as that would've been so easy to include.[/QUOTE]
From what I've seen in this thread, the release seems to be a port of the PS2 version, which explains the lack of Sonic and two-player mode.

Still buying trying the demo day 1.

[quote name='bardockkun']Well, got my XBox Live Rewards Birthday Gift and an e-mail virtual card.

I'll gladly take 25 cents over getting raped, so I'm not going to complain.[/QUOTE]

There is some DLC for 20 MSP in Bullet Witch... I actually bought one of those some time LOL

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']There is some DLC for 20 MSP in Bullet Witch... I actually bought one of those some time LOL[/QUOTE]

Worth every penny. :applause:

[quote name='c2thaj']Worth every penny. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Man, I played like 2 levels of that game and couldn't stand it. Does it get any better later on?

[quote name='Gosha']Man, I played like 2 levels of that game and couldn't stand it. Does it get any better later on?[/QUOTE]

I actually Gamestop-rented it and beat it recently. No, it doesn't get any better. The final boss is glitchy and infuriating, if that's your cup o' tea.

Regarding Happy Wars: The time I've spent with it has been quite enjoyable. If you enjoyed Fat Princess I feel it's safe to say you'll enjoy this.

[quote name='bardockkun']Well, got my XBox Live Rewards Birthday Gift and an e-mail virtual card.[/QUOTE]
Got mine too. At least it could have been an avatar hat or something. Just as worthwhile/worthless but at least it would feel like a present. :p

My BDay was yesterday and I got my 20 MSP today. I'm like, I dunno, thanks? It's like being hungry and someone has a huge bag of chips, and they break off a tiny piece of one singular chip and give it to you. Of course you're going to eat it, but it isn't even anything to chew on.

[quote name='ooga']???[/QUOTE]

Don't remember the mass discounts on GoD games several weeks back, I take it? (Many but not all of them being licensed kiddie fare, if that helps jog your memory.)

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Don't remember the mass discounts on GoD games several weeks back, I take it? (Many but not all of them being licensed kiddie fare, if that helps jog your memory.)[/QUOTE]

Oh that. I thought he was talking about something more recent.

Cannot decide on Transformers:WFC. You can get it for $16 with the B2G1 at BBY right now and then eventually I can trade it again. Seems to be holding its value also.

Why wouldn't Microsoft just cut a deal on a few of the xbla games and offer one of them on your birthday or anniversary date. 20 points is worthless. I can't imagine a deal like that would cost them much more. PSN is killing them on value lately.

[quote name='louiedog']Yup, but with Amazon credit as an option I'm not sure why you would.[/QUOTE]

That's your opinion. Not everyone supports Amazon

[quote name='Goodbyemrcool']Picked up transformers 800pts is just to hard to pass up.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up as well. Enjoyed the first two chapters...can't wait to try the multiplayer.

Just want to throw my $0.02 on the OP. I already love how the OP looks even without hiding anything behind spoiler tags. I like having all the information presented in its already neat fashion. However unfortunate the incident of the OP at one time being called "vandalism," it could have been avoidable after the edit a new posting in the thread to indicate the changes being made. Something along the lines of "I felt the OP was too cluttered so I tried placing the information under spoiler buttons to improve the appearance. How does everyone like the changes?" would have eased the situation over much easier. There is nothing wrong with the OP being a wiki, and at least I am thankful for everyone who does contribute in editing the OP, as I actually do read that along with the posts in this thread.

[quote name='airco']From what I've seen in this thread, the release seems to be a port of the PS2 version, which explains the lack of Sonic and two-player mode.

Still buying trying the demo day 1.[/QUOTE]

A very informative web site which points out changes I had no idea about, since I have never played the PS2 version. I guess I can adapt to the changes, but to me all the changes listed on the site sound like they make the gameplay worse. However, the positive end of these changes does say my original Saturn versions still have some unique factor to them and are still worth having. Thanks for the link, it was informative for me, like the Double Dragon imports article by eastx.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']There is some DLC for 20 MSP in Bullet Witch... I actually bought one of those some time LOL[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Bulletwitch was one of those early titles on the 360 before they had a firm grasp on a consistent pricing model for the games marketplace items. The costumes were free, and the stage remixes cost only 20MSP each, which sounds reasonable to me. Not even avatar parts now has a price that low (lowest priced non-free avatar parts I can find are 40MSP). I actually did enjoy the game enough and the price for the stage remixes were low enough for me to just throw money at it (plus I purchased them during a month with the 5% rebate on purchased items from the rewards program). I'd think a pricing model for game content where it is easy for one to just throw money at such that there is no real regrets given the price (remixed stages for Bulletwitch) opposed to pricing something where I start thinking about not bothering and deciding to go on without (Weapon X Arena for X-men Origins: Wolverine). The 20MSP birthday money, is just something one has to save unless you have an eclectically odd taste in games as I (and even I bought all the Bulletwitch DLC already, so when my birthday month rolls along, I'll just have to combine it with the rest of my Microsoft points for hopefully something nice ^^).

Soon, XBLA NiGHTS: Into Dreams will be blind-purchased by me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Outinthedark']1:1 Amazon is always cheaper for MS points.[/QUOTE]

So what? There are things that are cheaper when purchased from Gamestop yet you still hear people say "I refuse to shop at Gamestop." or "I hate Best Buy." etc. I am simply stating that there are people that avoid retailers for their own reasons. Therefore, it's pretty easy to see why someone might take advantage of the coinstar direct deal if that were the case.

Rather enjoyed the demo for Renegade Ops when it came out and I'd probably bite on half off, but the DLC strangely isn't listed on sale which is silly because all of the Toy Soldiers DLC is on sale. Should I grab it and wait for the DLC someday or just wait all together. I'll pick up the TS: Cold War DLC in the meantime.

I'm guessing Sonic Adventure 2 and nights werent put up yet? Nights is nowhere to be found and SA2 has an ad but gives you an error. Same with the Trials add-on

[quote name='biledriver']So what? There are things that are cheaper when purchased from Gamestop yet you still hear people say "I refuse to shop at Gamestop." or "I hate Best Buy." etc. I am simply stating that there are people that avoid retailers for their own reasons. Therefore, it's pretty easy to see why someone might take advantage of the coinstar direct deal if that were the case.[/QUOTE]

They also may just want to get their code immediately and not have to bother with the process on Amazon. That's what I would do if I was goin to buy MSP or a subscription anyway.

[quote name='garrett007']I'm guessing Sonic Adventure 2 and nights werent put up yet? Nights is nowhere to be found and SA2 has an ad but gives you an error. Same with the Trials add-on[/QUOTE]

Nights is listed now, but it's giving the same error SA2 is giving. You should be able to get around the problems by buying them from Xbox.com though.

wanted to get the new trials dlc, but it's still not updated which is odd because live has always been updated by friday afternoon

anybody know when the newest pinball arcade tables are coming? they're already out on psn

[quote name='biledriver']There are things that are cheaper when purchased from Gamestop yet you still hear people say "I refuse to shop at Gamestop." or "I hate Best Buy." etc. I am simply stating that there are people that avoid retailers for their own reasons. Therefore, it's pretty easy to see why someone might take advantage of the coinstar direct deal if that were the case.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Outinthedark']Don't get your feelers all hurt.[/QUOTE]
Aren't you that guy that rage quitted a thread a few weeks ago cause you got YOUR feelers all hurt because of Microsoft's handling of WP games? Yeah, that's you :applause: Keep on trucking dude

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9982765&postcount=1756

OT: might get Arkadian Warriors since that's so cheap, but I gotta demo it after hearing other's opinions recently. Nothing else for me as I either have it from previous sales or don't want it. My wallet is pretty much safe till mid October

[quote name='Dustinator']Aren't you that guy that rage quitted a thread a few weeks ago cause you got YOUR feelers all hurt because of Microsoft's handling of WP games? Yeah, that's you :applause: Keep on trucking dude

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9982765&postcount=1756

OT: might get Arkadian Warriors since that's so cheap, but I gotta demo it after hearing other's opinions recently. Nothing else for me as I either have it from previous sales or don't want it. My wallet is pretty much safe till mid October[/QUOTE]

lol...I got a new phone from my job (GS3) and sold my HD7.

What an exaggerated stretch.

[quote name='locolukah']I picked it up as well. Enjoyed the first two chapters...can't wait to try the multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

I didn't care for the multiplayer, but the co-op is solid. Gotta love a game with campaign co-op. Plus, if you're a fan of old-school Transformers, this game will make you giggle with delight. So much nerdy goodness in it. Megatron is gleefully evil and the Decepticon campaign was more enjoyable because of it.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Nights is listed now, but it's giving the same error SA2 is giving. You should be able to get around the problems by buying them from Xbox.com though.[/QUOTE]
Yep, had to do this earlier this morning. I wanted to first day NiGHTS because one of the people behind the port tweeted that if NiGHTS sells well enough, he can pitch a port of Burning Rangers.

I have no idea if the games actually started downloading. Did your download complete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back