XBLA - Bionic Commando Rearmed - 800pts - New Challenge Rooms w/Codes

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Features

Bionic Commando® Rearmed sees a return of the intense 2-D side-scrolling, shooting, and grappling action from the much-loved 1988 Bionic Commando. Bionic Commando Rearmed brings the amazing gameplay up to date with stunning new visuals, new weapons, online rankings, and a reworked musical score just for starters.
Bionic Commando Rearmed delivers two-player co-op, a frenetic multiplayer mode for up to four players, and a series of over 50 devious challenge rooms to test your swinging skills.
Wire-tapping the enemy communication in Bionic Commando Rearmed will give you access to information about weaknesses for the newly-designed Imperial bosses in the game. Play Bionic Commando Rearmed to unlock the original NES character costume and use it in Bionic Commando.

• Classic gameplay: Experience the classic Bionic Commando gameplay focused around the use of the bionic arm.
  • Multiplayer modes: Team up or go All vs. All in multiplayer modes, including Last Man Standing, Death Match, and the intriguingly named Don't Touch the Floor.
  • Updated graphics: The game has received a total modern visual revamp, including dynamic shadows, particle effects, and environmental damage.
  • Cross-game interoperability: Complete specific parts of Bionic Commando Rearmed to unlock new content and hints for the Bionic Commando sequel.
  • Visual style: The in-game art was designed by one of Capcom's most talented artists, Toshiaki Mori.
Achivements:http://www.achieve360points.com/game/bioniccommandorearmed/

New Challenge Rooms:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.bioniccommando.com/us/blog_entries/view/347

Extra challenge rooms to unlock for those that want some more to play through:
To access the hidden Challenge Room, just enter the following code at the title screen, where the BCR logo is shown, before the intro starts again. You can use the D-pad or the analogue stick for the directions, and they'll work on the PC version too, provided you have a controller.

Aaron Sedillo's Room

Xbox 360: Right, Down, Left, Up, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, Y, Y, X, X, Start
PS3: Right, Down, Left, Up, L1, R1, Triangle, Triangle, Square, Square, Start

We've also hooked up (hah!) with several different websites and games publications to offer their own exclusive rooms too - and whereas I could beat Aaron's room without too much fuss, these have the difficulty level pumped all the way up to "Devil May Cry 3". Downloadable content? Bah! This is how we used to give away extra content back in the day! Be warned: you'll have to re-input the code when you restart your system, and these work in English language only.

Eurogamer Challenge Room
Xbox 360: Down, Up, Down, Up, Left, Left Bumper, X, Left Bumper, X, Y, Start
PS3: Down, Up, Down, Up, Left, L1, Square, L1, Square, Triangle, Start

GamesRadar Challenge Room
Xbox 360: Right Bumper, Y, X, X, Up, Down, Left Bumper, Left Bumper, Up, Down, Start
PS3: R1, Triangle, Square, Square, Up, Down, L1, L1, Up, Down, Start

IGN Challenge Room
Xbox 360: Up, Down, Y, X, X, Y, Down, Up, Left Bumper, Left Bumper, Start
PS3: Up, Down, Triangle, Square, Square, Triangle, Down, Up, L1, L1, Start
[/quote]

Thanks Frisky!

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=cqECtTE4Opk[/media]

Game Overview

Classic side-scrolling gameplay is reporting back for duty with Bionic Commando Rearmed, a remake of the classic NES game, coming to Xbox LIVE® Arcade, PlayStation® Network and PC in spring 2008.​
20 years after the 8-bit classic was released, Bionic Commando Rearmed recreates the world of the original with a complete "2.5D" visual revamp. Bionic Commando Rearmed preserves the original's mix of swinging and shooting in an intense 2D side-scroller, all to the tune of a brand-new soundtrack based on the classic 8-bit music from the NES masterpiece,​
But Rearmed is far more than just a remake - it features all-new modes such as the 2-player co-op play, smarter enemy AI, new bionic arm abilities, new weapons, bigger bosses and online rankings. Faithfully sticking to the story of the NES game, Bionic Commando Rearmed tells the story of Nathan "R.A.D." Spencer's first mission, sent in to retrieve captured agent Super Joe from the hands of the Imperials. Fans of the original story can expect to see all the characters from the NES version, as well as the memorable moments that made the title so popular with fans. Rearmed will also link-up to its 3D "big brother" coming to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, with unlockable content, in-game hints and a story that spans both games.​
Game Features:
  • Classic Bionic Commando side-scrolling gameplay, updated with new abilities, weapons and bosses
  • 2-player co-op mode
  • Total modern visual and audio revamp
  • Cross-game interoperability - complete specific parts of Bionic Commando Rearmed to unlock new content and hints for the Bionic Commando sequel
  • In-game art designed by one of Capcom's most talented artists, Toshiaki Mori
http://www.bioniccommando.com/us/pages/BCR_Game_Overview

I was really hoping that this was in the works, glad to know its coming, one of the my favorite NES titles!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would pick it up for 400 points, not 800 though. As much as I love bionic commando, on-line multi-player is not worth 10 dollars.

I never would have guessed this would happen. Awesome news!

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']Despite the screenshot, nowhere in that text does it say it's the NES version.
I'll buy it either way, but my bet's on an arcade remake.[/quote]

I originally had this and replaced it with what's on the OP because it had more detailed info:

The latest issue of Famitsu has revealed that Capcom plans to release a remake of the NES Bionic Commando on Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation Network.

The original Japanese version of Bionic Commando for the NES was called Top Secret: Hitler's Revival and had you fighting futuristic Nazis, with the final boss being Adolf Hitler. In the U.S., the game was renamed Bionic Commando: Master D Revival Plan
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15471/Bionic-Commando-Remake-Coming-to-Xbox-Live-Arcade/

Now I realized I should have kept this up as well...

I'm really impressed with the way it looks after that trailer. Probably going to be a day 1 purchase now for me even though I never played the original Bionic Commando.

Trailer had me sold. And co-op? Wow. It just looks amazing. OP title should be updated to say BC:Re-Armed. I wonder if they'll release a remake on DS or PSP too.

Wow that is a must have now I must add to the list of games I want, I just got Omega 5 so now im waiting for this and Ikuraga way to go with the video

omfg, that trailer was so freaking awesome. and I can't believe they threw in "Get out of here you nerd!" :lol: Good to see they're pandering to old school gamers with it.

[quote name='PyroGamer']I'm much more excited about this than about the 3D remake.[/quote]

This

[quote name='Apossum']omfg, that trailer was so freaking awesome. and I can't believe they threw in "Get out of here you nerd!" :lol: Good to see they're pandering to old school gamers with it.[/QUOTE]

I know! I totally forgot about that part until I saw it. Freaking sweet nod to the original. I'm psyched. Mostly because this could be the start of an awesome trend if this does well. It makes perfect sense to release them near one another for the hype and the retro fix. Plus a total remake? As long as the new game doesn't suck I'm sold.

Wow, that looks really fucking awesome. Unless for some reason they totally fucked up the gameplay, it's a definite buy.

Hah, sorry for the double-post, but I started laughing at the amount of posts that start with "Wow."

Speaks volumes for the fans of 2D games that rarely get what they want.

[quote name='Agent_BBJ']I would pick it up for 400 points, not 800 though. As much as I love bionic commando, on-line multi-player is not worth 10 dollars.[/quote]

$$$$a you ain't a true gamer...

I'll be getting this. Been forever and a day since I last played it

That is just pure sweetness. I've been playing Bionic Commando on my DS. One of my all time favorite NES games. I can't wait.

The developers are asking for feedback on what price they should sell the game for - $10 or $15.
Poll on the main page: http://www.bioniccommando.com/en
Blog, for comments: http://bioniccommando.com/us/blog_entries/view/96

You CAGs know what to do ;)

While I can understand their desire to properly represent a title of high quality and to "legitimize" 2D gaming in the current generation, the reality is that a $15 price point would turn off way too many gamers to make it worthwhile. I imagine that would shut out a large portion of those borderline curiosity buys... those who would have probably bit at $10.

bread's done
Back