XBLA - Bionic Commando Rearmed - 800pts - New Challenge Rooms w/Codes

[quote name='foxdvd']I hope this game makes millions. It is such a deal, and a blast at 10 bucks, games like Penny Arcade should be ashamed to charge 20 bucks....[/quote]

Penny Arcade Adventures is the only XBLA game where I wanted a refund, and this comes from a person who bought Band of Bugs. Penny Arcade Adventures should have been the standard 800 points. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft pressed them to up the price.

If you're still having trouble Relento on the last stage, I used trial and error a lot. If you're not down with that try watching this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3OWtagCDEw

I played a lot more of this last night...I'm geeking out on BC right now. I too downloaded the soundtrack and it is pretty awesome. The only unfortunate thing is my 360 is starting to fritz out. I just hope I can get in some more play with this and finish it before I have to send in my 360.

Ok I need help .. how do you get through the challenge room titled Zig Zag? I'm thinking you attach to the bottom of the moving platform, drop, and somehow connect to the side of it?

^
whenever i was stuck i used x360a for help, they have a good walkthrough for most of the rooms. I still have a couple to get through.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=86663

Zig Zag:
Really confusing at first, but basically what you have to do here is cross the gate, immediately upgrab as far right on the moving platform as possible and tap B to hoist yourself up. Once clear of the first spike box, drop down and immediately upgrab but don't hoist yourself until past the second spike box. Once you clear the third drop down and walk into the gate.

Has anyone had Bionic Commando freeze on them? I picked it up yesterday and it keeps freezing. In fact, now other XBLA games are freezing up as well.

[quote name='GamerChris']Has anyone had Bionic Commando freeze on them? I picked it up yesterday and it keeps freezing. In fact, now other XBLA games are freezing up as well.[/quote]

Yes, it froze up on me once. Here's the prescribed thing to try out, if games are freezing up on you too much:

[quote name='"http://my-xbox360.blogspot.com"']If your xbox 360 sometimes freeze while you playing games. Try to clean its memory cache by go to the system blade and then select memory. Press Y on the HD symbol and then press X,X,Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X. Once you do this a messsage will appear saying: Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?[/quote]
Source: http://my-xbox360.blogspot.com/2008/05/cleaning-xbox-360-memory-cache.html

Note that this deletes all "title updates" from your system, so when you start your games, you might have to re-download some title updates. It's not a big deal; They don't take long at all. But sometimes memory gets fragmented and stuck in your XBOX360 cache, and this makes system performance clunky.

It's also said that if you hold down the A button while starting a game, it should clear the Cache space for that game. So try holding A while you're booting Bionic Commando, as well.

[quote name='GamerChris']Has anyone had Bionic Commando freeze on them? I picked it up yesterday and it keeps freezing. In fact, now other XBLA games are freezing up as well.[/quote]

Never had that issue with Bionic Commando.

My first time playing 2-player co-op and it's great. It's so much easier with 2 people, it took 15 minutes to beat the first two levels.

[quote name='SAB-CA']Yes, it froze up on me once. Here's the prescribed thing to try out, if games are freezing up on you too much:

Source: http://my-xbox360.blogspot.com/2008/05/cleaning-xbox-360-memory-cache.html

Note that this deletes all "title updates" from your system, so when you start your games, you might have to re-download some title updates. It's not a big deal; They don't take long at all. But sometimes memory gets fragmented and stuck in your XBOX360 cache, and this makes system performance clunky.

It's also said that if you hold down the A button while starting a game, it should clear the Cache space for that game. So try holding A while you're booting Bionic Commando, as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, this is very helpful. I'll try them out and see if it fixes my issue.

man that guy in the youtube video at the top of this page is pretty shitty. he makes the outside part look drastically harder than it is.

[quote name='defiance_17']Am I missing something, or is there no co-op over Live? I guess I should pay more attention to these things before I pay for them.[/quote]

Yep, no online co-op. This was a big surprise for me when I first heard. Still, without the online feature I think it's well worth the 800 points.

[quote name='GamerChris']Thanks, this is very helpful. I'll try them out and see if it fixes my issue.[/QUOTE]

Welp, it looks like i just got the 3 red rings.

I had never played the original, but I got this at 400 points last night. I've put in an hour or so. Really good game. I wouldn't have given it a second glance had it not been for the Deal of the Week.

bread's done
Back