XBLA - Bionic Commando Rearmed - 800pts - New Challenge Rooms w/Codes

I fucking hate the world map.

Go to area 8. Shit it went right. Area 8. No! it went up and I have to fight in one of those top down missions. Alright asshole go diagonally, I want to go to area 8. fuck! I went to area 5 and now I have to fight in the top down mode again. Finally area 8—oh fuck, not another top down piece of shit!

Use the Analog Stick.
Use the Analog Stick.

:D
I think the view is a bit confusing, since it's at an angle now, rather than top down. And I do personally wish they kept the "pick the direction, then press a button to move on" way from the original. But once getting used to it, I've really had almost no issues at all with it.

Anyway, I hope we get a good Digital Pad from Capcom (or anyone) one of these days, for 360. As much as people seem to complain about it, I find it funny peripheral manufacturers aren't jumping at the chance to provide options. I mean, they even made "arcade joysticks" that where like Atari controllers... Why isn't there some form of dedicated Dpad, yet? :roll::drool: Or maybe even a controller that replaces the left analog with a 2nd Dpad, to give you the option of different diagonal sensitivity on different games...

Anyone having trouble with the D-pad needs to order the Hori controller, though it's getting hard to find these days. You'll never have d-pad issues again. The turbo function helps in this game too.

This games achievements are tough, and I can't seem to find any upgrades. Anyone wanna hook me up with a list of some the earlier upgrades or items that I may have missed? I only got the regular Rifle one so far...

I found the Reflect upgrade. I forgot what Area number that stage is though. When you go indoors there are a lot of gun turrets to start.

[quote name='hohez']No Gun Tips

Once you get super claw, go back to stage 1 and do it. awesome note that makes it much easier, grenades don't count so use em to your hearts content.

I just went through slowly and surely using my claw for all kills, if done right, theres a path left once inside with a blue guy you can grab and throw to break a barrier, then at the end, you can grab the rocket launcher guy and tos him to break that barrier to the boss door.

The boss use grenades once you get him on the ground.
[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, I was wondering why all the forums I read said to
throw the guys and I don't have the super claw

This game seems like it is not getting that much attention...

I am enjoying the game. It is difficult but the bionic arm is awesome so that does not make me feel so bad when I die a bunch of times.

Right now I am going around getting all the collectibles before I go to the Albatross.

[quote name='SoulReaver']Loving the game, only major gripe is I wished the controls for controlling the arm was a bit easier[/quote]

The only problems I have with the arm is that I will mess up the timing sometimes and then fall to my death, other than that it's smooth swinging.

I really do hate the top down missions though. Except for that one achievement for destroying all the stuff in one of the missions there is no reason whatsoever to have them in the game. They just slow me down and waste my time.

WHAT THE fuck! I just hit three top down missions in a row AND I DIDN'T EVEN MOVE THE HELICOPTER. Bastards.

[quote name='Razzuel']The only problems I have with the arm is that I will mess up the timing sometimes and then fall to my death, other than that it's smooth swinging.
My gripe with it is sometimes I swing straight instead of diagonally or vice versa.

[quote name='SoulReaver']My gripe with it is sometimes I swing straight instead of diagonally or vice versa.[/quote]

Did you know that if you press B without any directional input then you shoot your arm diagonally? I did not know that until I did the tutorial in Area 00.

Oh and I fucking finally fucking completed fucking challenge 40 after fucking 218 fucking tries. Damn challenges.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']well, I'm on the last level. I'm glad the game dosn't pull any punches. takes me back to when alot of capcom games were skill based.[/quote]

I beat the game earlier and that falling platform level on the Albatross was a bitch at first. Initially I had trouble separating the background from the foreground so I ended up jumping to my death a lot. Then I ran into a couple areas that required trial and error to get through—well I thought so—which was frustrating overall.

Though at the end
blowing up Hitler's head was kind of cool.

I think the game is pretty good. It is just that the difficulty of the game prevented it from being great, although I did collect everything.

I am striving for 200/200 achievement points because I like having complete games but I doubt I can beat it on super hard.

woooo hoooo... I'm currently ranked #1 for challenge room #48(ThePieIsALie)

looks like #2 is trying to get his spot back though... his time is like a half second better than it was yesterday and within 8 tenths of mine.

oh, and i love love love this game. it's waaaay easier than the NES version, and the only thing better than making
Hitler's head explode, is making Zombie Hitler's head explode

Just beat it and I finally see why it's rated "M". I feel very satisfied with this $10 game. I don't think I'll go for a perfect 200/200 on this one. I have 120/200 and that feels pretty good considering the achievements aren't all that easy in the first place.

Question about the last level:
Does it make any difference to kill the last enemy while escaping the Albatross? I just bypassed him and escaped without fighting.

finally got it. I love it. The controls are tough but not bad. Perfect balance of old--skill and difficulty and new--music, graphics, and gameplay.

After E4 this is my favorite XBLA game I have. I got to 165/200 and am not going to push myself to get the last 3 as I see the frustration overbalancing the fun I would have. I haven't really played a tough skill based arcadey game like this in a long time and it's good to know that when pushed, I still have some of the platforming chops of my youth.

I tried playing this on Super Hard and that difficulty is fucking impossible.

I couldn't even get to the area 01 boss because I always got a mission failed before reaching it.

[quote name='akilshohen']Still on the fence about this. I like it, but I'm not sure if I can tolerate the arm mechanic over a whole game.[/quote]

But, that's like saying "I'm not sure I can take more of this Delicious Cake, please, no more!" (THE CAKE IS A LIE!)

:cool:

Seriously, I think the payoff of this games controls is definitely worth the price of admission. I finally beat it myself, and yeah, they truly lived up to the original games ending!

I like the depth of controls in Bionic Commando. It really does make me think that modern games are childish cakewalks in comparison, lol. I think, once you get used to it, you can see and understand all the awkward control decisions, because they actually make more sense to be done that way, for the sake of gameplay. And the developers have such an acute understanding of their mechanic... the stage designs are so expertly woven around them, that it's uncanny.

This really makes GRIN shoot up there as a list of developers to watch, I'd say. One of the best recreations of classic, skill-driven gameplay you're likely to ever see...

Anyone:

Does it make any difference to kill the last enemy while escaping the Albatross? I just bypassed him and escaped without fighting.

The clunky controls have me on the fence as well.

I have little patience for clunky controls. I'd much prefer it play more like the swinging portions in say, Super Metroid which controlled flawessly, than like the clunky original NES BC. I may pick it up down the road if I'm bored and need something to play, but it won't be a high priority.

Maybe I'm an idiot but how the hell do I get to Area 04? I cleared Area 01, and it won't let me move the helicopter to Area 04. What gives?

EDIT: I am an idiot - I figured it out. Jeez.

Is there some secret to getting to Area 11? I've cleared all the prior stages, and the line of access from 10 to 11 displays but doesn't light up for me....

[quote name='Rodimus']Anyone:

[/quote]

Just to let you know you're not being ignored... I'm sorry, but I have no idea if it matters of not!:drool: After the "exploding Pinata" bit, we tried to kill that fool multiple times, but alas, he lasted too long for us to kill and escape in time.

since nobody is helping in the PSN thread of this game:

I'm stuck on the last level...
I'm at the part where you first go outside on the Albatross after shutting off the 3 gates blocking the way... I go outside and I see the ledge to the far right (away from the platform with the interchanging ones below it), but every time I swing over there, I barely make it... am I doing something wrong?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']since nobody is helping in the PSN thread of this game:

I'm stuck on the last level...
I'm at the part where you first go outside on the Albatross after shutting off the 3 gates blocking the way... I go outside and I see the ledge to the far right (away from the platform with the interchanging ones below it), but every time I swing over there, I barely make it... am I doing something wrong?
[/quote]

If I had a visual I could help you. Is there anything you can swing on above you? This part seemed annoy at first but my second run through wasn't so bad.

Why does Nathan Spencer look like Eddy Gordo in the next Bionic Commando? I think I'll be using the code for his orginal look.

I hope this game makes millions. It is such a deal, and a blast at 10 bucks, games like Penny Arcade should be ashamed to charge 20 bucks....

Made this in like 5 seconds on paint:

eddyjc6.png

[quote name='Rodimus']If I had a visual I could help you. Is there anything you can swing on above you? This part seemed annoy at first but my second run through wasn't so bad.

Why does Nathan Spencer look like Eddy Gordo in the next Bionic Commando? I think I'll be using the code for his orginal look.[/quote]

it's basically the first outside area that's purple everwhere where you have three platforms to the left that flip up and down. does that help?

you need to work your way left using the flipping platforms, then when you get all the way left, you follow it up and then go right at the top. You'll get to a point where theres no obvious swing and you fall off the right edge to a platform. After that to the right is a bunch of smaller flipping platforms and you have to just kind of luck into them and work to the right then back up to the center.

It's pretty tough, but if you are decent at the hang stationary, quick release then reswing before falling technique, you can do the small platforms relativly easily. Just always get on top of them asap, and they go in beats of two..ie flipped up, up, down, up up down, up up down.

[quote name='hohez']you need to work your way left using the flipping platforms, then when you get all the way left, you follow it up and then go right at the top. You'll get to a point where theres no obvious swing and you fall off the right edge to a platform. After that to the right is a bunch of smaller flipping platforms and you have to just kind of luck into them and work to the right then back up to the center.

It's pretty tough, but if you are decent at the hang stationary, quick release then reswing before falling technique, you can do the small platforms relativly easily. Just always get on top of them asap, and they go in beats of two..ie flipped up, up, down, up up down, up up down.[/quote]

thx. I shall try >_

I love the soundtrack in this game — so much that I downloaded it on iTunes with some credit I had leftover.

Definitely worth listening too, especially the "Bionic Commando Theme," AKA the track in the first level.

[quote name='RudyPants']I love the soundtrack in this game — so much that I downloaded it on iTunes with some credit I had leftover.

Definitely worth listening too, especially the "Bionic Commando Theme," AKA the track in the first level.[/quote]

The entire thing is great, but the real standouts are "Heat Wave" and "Leap of Faith"... best game OST of the year so far IMHO.

also, on PS3 I beat this last night. I knew what to expect with the ending, but man, they did a good job with it... totally took me by surprise even with me expecting it.

also I know rodimus said something about this earlier
but can you kill the last guy while the albatross is dropping? does it unlock anything? also, anybody have a link to somwhere with all the kiruyashi things locations...

also, I have most of the weapon upgrades but I'm missing 2-3... I also hear of a secret level (not the tunnels)? I think I'm wrong but I might as well ask...

[quote name='KiLL3r']What does success % mean in challenges? Do I have to keep doing them to increase the percentage?[/quote]

It is based on how many times you have tried the challenge and how many times you completed the challenge.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']The entire thing is great, but the real standouts are "Heat Wave" and "Leap of Faith"... best game OST of the year so far IMHO.

also, on PS3 I beat this last night. I knew what to expect with the ending, but man, they did a good job with it... totally took me by surprise even with me expecting it.

also I know rodimus said something about this earlier
but can you kill the last guy while the albatross is dropping? does it unlock anything? also, anybody have a link to somwhere with all the kiruyashi things locations...

also, I have most of the weapon upgrades but I'm missing 2-3... I also hear of a secret level (not the tunnels)? I think I'm wrong but I might as well ask...
[/quote]

WHAT?! Those tracks are awesome but you can't leave out Power Plant and Prologue & Epilogue.

Oh this is how I found all of the Yashichis:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=944602&topic=44865843

This is what I used for all the weapon upgrades:

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-44894602&pid=944602

[quote name='Razzuel']Yeah the whole thing is fucking awesome.

One Man, One Bionic Arm was hilarious the first time I heard it.[/quote]

Go Go Bionic is probably the most epic music I've heard in a while :lol:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Go Go Bionic is probably the most epic music I've heard in a while :lol:[/quote]

Go Go Bionic is so strange. I don't know what to think about it, haha.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I think when it was made it took them 5 min to make >_

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.bioniccommando.com/us/blog_entries/view/347

Extra challenge rooms to unlock for those that want some more to play through:
To access the hidden Challenge Room, just enter the following code at the title screen, where the BCR logo is shown, before the intro starts again. You can use the D-pad or the analogue stick for the directions, and they'll work on the PC version too, provided you have a controller.

Aaron Sedillo's Room

Xbox 360: Right, Down, Left, Up, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, Y, Y, X, X, Start
PS3: Right, Down, Left, Up, L1, R1, Triangle, Triangle, Square, Square, Start

We've also hooked up (hah!) with several different websites and games publications to offer their own exclusive rooms too - and whereas I could beat Aaron's room without too much fuss, these have the difficulty level pumped all the way up to "Devil May Cry 3". Downloadable content? Bah! This is how we used to give away extra content back in the day! Be warned: you'll have to re-input the code when you restart your system, and these work in English language only.

Eurogamer Challenge Room
Xbox 360: Down, Up, Down, Up, Left, Left Bumper, X, Left Bumper, X, Y, Start
PS3: Down, Up, Down, Up, Left, L1, Square, L1, Square, Triangle, Start

GamesRadar Challenge Room
Xbox 360: Right Bumper, Y, X, X, Up, Down, Left Bumper, Left Bumper, Up, Down, Start
PS3: R1, Triangle, Square, Square, Up, Down, L1, L1, Up, Down, Start

IGN Challenge Room
Xbox 360: Up, Down, Y, X, X, Y, Down, Up, Left Bumper, Left Bumper, Start
PS3: Up, Down, Triangle, Square, Square, Triangle, Down, Up, L1, L1, Start

bread's done
Back