XBLA - Castle Crashers - 1200pts - Necromatic DLC 160pts 8/26

Anyone buy any of the figurines? I'm itching to buy the set of 4 knights.

On a side note, I literally drive by the place where they ship from on my way to work, weird.

I only played for about thirty minutes but, even though I was falling asleep during play due to the lovely, entrancing music, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I can hardly wait to play it when I'm awake. :mrgreen:

[quote name='zewone']I can't support bullshit DLC that was made prior to a game's release.[/quote]

Hey now the game was completely completed back in May and had to go through all the fancy MS cert and stuff. Chances are they started working on DLC after the game was finished. Then someone shot and accidently leaked footage of the DLC while the DLC was being tested on the test servers. Fun stuff.

[quote name='bs000']Hey now the game was completely completed back in May and had to go through all the fancy MS cert and stuff. Chances are they started working on DLC after the game was finished. Then someone shot and accidently leaked footage of the DLC while the DLC was being tested on the test servers. Fun stuff.[/quote]
Point is, the DLC was fully created and being tested at the same time as the full game was as well...meaning the DLC was created before the game was completed. As much as i would like to use the Necromancer and the Chainsaw, i'll pass. Just like Lost odyssey and other games, DLC should be made after the game has gone gold. Not to mention some games ship DLC on the disc and then require you to 'buy' it again...absolute BS.

This DLC should be free. With the online problems they owe it to us. Also having a high cost of 1200 points. I demand free :)

I'm with Zewone as well I don't support the EA way of doing DLC.

It still takes extra development time to make these goodies whether they are on-disk or not. If they want to release extra stuff for extra money that cost them money to make, I don't see a problem.

I'll only buy DLC if it includes:

- new weapons
- new characters / enemies
- new levels
- new Achievements

[quote name='SpiderLocMTGO']It still takes extra development time to make these goodies whether they are on-disk or not. If they want to release extra stuff for extra money that cost them money to make, I don't see a problem.[/QUOTE]

You're missing the point. The problem is that this shit could've easily been included in the game when it got released. Instead, either MS or Behemoth or both decided to hold it back and charge gamers more money for an already expensive XBLA title. I don't think $15 is too much at all, I've put in probably 15 or so hours into the game already, but I recognize $15 is slowly becoming the new $10 and that's bullshit.

If DLC comes out a few months later for a game and charges money, sure. But in this case, the stuff they want to release has been seen by people as being in the game a long time before the game hit XBLA.

Secret Dig spot?

When you get transferred back to the "Party Room" when you beat the game and the credit ends, there is an "X" that looks like a dig spot which is in front of the archer hitting the target repeatedly. The "X" isn't there when you first begin the game. I tried to get close to the "X" with Mr. Buddy but not sure if anything is on it.. If I get any closer, the archer repeatedly flinging his arrows will bump me out.

Anyone confirm? Is there anything in it or no?

A Happy Panda, I just beat the game with one of the unlocked characters and I didn't get another one.

[quote name='SynGamer']Point is, the DLC was fully created and being tested at the same time as the full game was as well...meaning the DLC was created before the game was completed. As much as i would like to use the Necromancer and the Chainsaw, i'll pass. Just like Lost odyssey and other games, DLC should be made after the game has gone gold. Not to mention some games ship DLC on the disc and then require you to 'buy' it again...absolute BS.[/quote]

I think he may be talking about games that were released at the sametime world wide, or in america first.

Lost oddessey came out months prior in japan.. thus they had more time to work with the DLC.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I should have bought those figures at Comic Con...now they are sold out at the Behemoth store. I'm sure they'll get more later though.[/quote]

Just in case anyone is looking for the figurines, they are back in the behemoth store. The limited barbarian is added too.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Secret Dig spot?

When you get transferred back to the "Party Room" when you beat the game and the credit ends, there is an "X" that looks like a dig spot which is in front of the archer hitting the target repeatedly. The "X" isn't there when you first begin the game. I tried to get close to the "X" with Mr. Buddy but not sure if anything is on it.. If I get any closer, the archer repeatedly flinging his arrows will bump me out.

[/quote]

Haven't seen that but if you are playing with someone, have the person block the arrows while you dig. Might try it later.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Secret Dig spot?

A Happy Panda, I just beat the game with one of the unlocked characters and I didn't get another one.[/QUOTE]
Whoa. I'm gonna have to check that out with a second player.

I'm almost positive someone noticed that spot earlier in the thread and said he tried with 2 players and couldn't dig it up.

I'm not going to do online until there's a patch, I think...

I'd buy DLC depending on the price, of just characters/weapons.

When you're starting out a new guy, use the boomerang trick on the first boss. You'll be at level 15-20 in no time. Then you can breeze through till the Catfish and boost some more if you wish. Its an easy way to hit level 30 (what I believe should be high enough to beat the game) and unlock characters.

....it's whenever you use the Boomerang weapon against bosses. There's a bug that if you throw your boomerang and then line up with the boss, when the boomerang comes back, it will start doing "1 damage" repeatedly to the boss. Since EXP is calculated based on hits and not damage, you rack up EXP tons fast. People call it boosting.

Example:
1. [You] ----> [Boomerang] Toss boomerang out of boss' way so it will get caught on boss.
______[Boss] Boss is under you.

2. [You][Boss][Boomerang] Boomerang comes back, but you're lined up with boss, Boomerang tries to get back to you but can't. Does damage.

Boosting is essentially cheating, considering you can level up 10x faster than normal. I highly recommend that if you haven't beaten the game yet, that you beat it without boosting. I boosted my Ice Knight after I defeated the game just to get some strength to play insane mode. I ditched that and started a new "legit" character from start all the way to insane mode, which I'm currently at right now (one of my unlockables).

===
By the way, it is perfectly easy to beat the game without boosting. I beat the game in less than 2 hours with one of the unlockables just fine.. it was way easier than my Ice Knight since he was pure magic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah...it's not there...my Red Knight is level 22 (i've already been through the area).

EDIT: I see i need the cardinal to get it.

Yeah, I beat the game without boosting the first time. I'm going through it again with another character and I have boosted with it a few levels. Boosting is not something you have to do unless you want to beat Insane, but beating Insane doesn't get you much. Just a mark of your accomplishment, nothing more.

[quote name='zewone']I can't support bullshit DLC that was made prior to a game's release.[/QUOTE]

Almost all XBLA DLC was either finished or mostly done before the game came out.

Most companies plan DLC before they even release a game. I just hate when they have the content already on the disc and they make you pay to unlock it.

Littlefields, Forest Entrance is seriously the hardest map -- the black haired monster thing, jesus christ. I replayed that level at least 6-7 times. After that, it's a breeze.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Littlefields, Forest Entrance is seriously the hardest map -- the black haired monster thing, jesus christ. I replayed that level at least 6-7 times. After that, it's a breeze.[/quote]

Really? I found it to be easy. None of the levels were honestly a challenge in the first run thru, except maybe the bosses before the final boss.. the one in the trash sucked -_-V

So i bought the game. I got to the level where you fight the bears in the tall grass while it rains. But i wasnt strong enough to open the cave door. So i quit for now.

So far the game is pretty fun, only thing that annoys me is everyone has bow and arrows, and sometimes its impossible to get up, or move out of the way from those arrows.

[quote name='yukine']I just hate when they have the content already on the disc and they make you pay to unlock it.[/QUOTE]

Wow, guess what, I bet half the time you buy DLC it's already there, you just didn't realize it. So do you hate yourself for being such a fool? Or are you gonna let it go and stop "hating" something you can't control?

[quote name='zewone']I can't support bullshit DLC that was made prior to a game's release.[/QUOTE]

Oh and you, I've got some advice for you. Don't buy it, I doubt anyone will even notice. Thanks for making yourself look like an ass though. That part we did notice.

[quote name='SteveGo']Wow, guess what, I bet half the time you buy DLC it's already there, you just didn't realize it. So do you hate yourself for being such a fool? Or are you gonna let it go and stop "hating" something you can't control?

Oh and you, I've got some advice for you. Don't buy it, I doubt anyone will even notice. Thanks for making yourself look like an ass though. That part we did notice.[/QUOTE]

Who are you?

Out of curiosity, I had to check his profile to see how old he was... Needless to say: :lol:

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Really? I found it to be easy. None of the levels were honestly a challenge in the first run thru, except maybe the bosses before the final boss.. the one in the trash sucked -_-V[/quote]

Yeah, my pure magic ice knight had a hell of a lot of trouble with the black hair thing. For me, sometimes after I landed, I would get pummeled by like 2000 of his black minions and couldn't defend myself lol.

I tried that boomerang trick with the bat... might have to try it again with a different boss since the bat would always fly up and dodge the boomerang. What's the best boss to do it with? I'd like to level my Red Knight up some more so I can beat some of the arena s with ease and do Insane.

Rocko:

The bat. lol. Go to the very far end of the map and let him walk to you. most of the time he won't fly away. If he does, run to the other side and do the "A,A" spin attack when the small bats come.

Second best.. I'd say it's the corn boss, since you can get up to 5000 exp. However, it always goes back into the ground after like 4-5 seconds. So, it takes like 8-9 minutes to beat.

I believe any other boss pretty much sucks, and catfish as well as barbarian boss can crash your game, or at least fuck it up. I tried it on the Barbarian Boss, and my screen got all screwed up until I reloaded game again.

Adding to what ^ said:
I think you guys are forgetting you can BLOCK. If you block against the bat, he should be licking you the whole time (err, that doesn't sound right, haha) and shouldn't be flying away at all. Same with the catfish. Throw the boomerang, hit his hairball, stay in front of the ship, block.. it shouldn't crash this way. It only crashes when the canonball kills it when the boomerang is on its back

That should be more helpful.. :bouncy:

...I do always forget about blocking. :[

Thanks for the tips, I'll give it a go in a little bit.

Edit: Well, that certainly works well. Unfortunately it goes super slow once you get into the 40s... but I'm not strong enough to beat the annoying troll boss on Insane, let alone reach the Bat to do it on Insane mode. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
When you level your magic to the 4th bar, what can you do? I know about that combo, but is there something after that?

Thanks Shin! You just helped me figure out what I had been doing wrong...who remembers to block :bomb:?? Now I may actually be able to accrue some Exp points .... now to wait for the patch ...:roll:

The bat is much harder with the boomerang trick.
I find that the catfish is much easier. Sometimes you kill the catfish with just 1 throw. Charge up the boomerang before he comes out the water. Just before he does, release it and try to stay still. It would be ideal to just stay in the middle. Oh and of course, block. I find it to be much easier than the bat. No poop, no midget bats.

I definitely like the bat more. The cat kept getting out of the boomerang and I didn't get as much EXP to boot.

I just beat the game for the second time, with the Blue Knight this time. I'll probably go Orange next.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Almost all XBLA DLC was either finished or mostly done before the game came out.[/QUOTE]
I can't think of any DLC I've bought for arcade games. So, that's a good thing.
[quote name='SteveGo']Wow, guess what, I bet half the time you buy DLC it's already there, you just didn't realize it. So do you hate yourself for being such a fool? Or are you gonna let it go and stop "hating" something you can't control?

Oh and you, I've got some advice for you. Don't buy it, I doubt anyone will even notice. Thanks for making yourself look like an ass though. That part we did notice.[/QUOTE]

Shut up, stupid.

Ok so I beat the game with my nephew earlier today and I was the Blue Knight. I didn't get anyone unlocked after beating the end boss. I did realize I started with him on Tall Grass Field. Now If I go back with my Blue Knight and Beat the previous 6,7,8 stages will I unlock my secret character then or do I have to re beat the game all over again?

Rumor has it if a character is there to save all 4 princesses', it unlocks a character. So you wouldn't have to traverse the whole game if that's true.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Ok so I beat the game with my nephew earlier today and I was the Blue Knight. I didn't get anyone unlocked after beating the end boss. I did realize I started with him on Tall Grass Field. Now If I go back with my Blue Knight and Beat the previous 6,7,8 stages will I unlock my secret character then or do I have to re beat the game all over again?[/quote]

I may be wrong, and someone correct me if I am, but I think if you want to unlock a character, it has to be you playing it by yourself (single player). Again, someone correct me if I am wrong, since I'm bullshitting out my ass.

Edit: Also, I would dream, one day, of multiplayer Capture The Flag on Castle Crashers. However, I know it's not going to happen on new DLC pack since its development is almost done. If only Castle Crashers supported up to 16 people, CTF would be so badass.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']I may be wrong, and someone correct me if I am, but I think if you want to unlock a character, it has to be you playing it by yourself (single player). Again, someone correct me if I am wrong, since I'm bullshitting out my ass.

Edit: Also, I would dream, one day, of multiplayer Capture The Flag on Castle Crashers. However, I know it's not going to happen on new DLC pack since its development is almost done. If only Castle Crashers supported up to 16 people, CTF would be so badass.[/QUOTE]

Nope, you just have to complete every level.

CTF in any game is win :D

bread's done
Back