XBLA - Castle Crashers - 1200pts - Necromatic DLC 160pts 8/26

I'm not sure if this was answered, but to anyone who has beaten it, how long does the overall single-player experience last? If you haven't beaten it and you're halfway such as Rig, how long have you guys spent playing so far? If this question was already asked, sorry. I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth buying. If the whole single-player only takes 1-2 hours to beat, I will probably not get it.. although the demo was enjoyable.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']I'm not sure if this was answered, but to anyone who has beaten it, how long does the overall single-player experience last? If you haven't beaten it and you're halfway such as Rig, how long have you guys spent playing so far? If this question was already asked, sorry. I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth buying. If the whole single-player only takes 1-2 hours to beat, I will probably not get it.. although the demo was enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

It took about 4 and 1/2 hours on 2 player co-op. But in my opinion, it is more than worth replaying with various characters. It's like old SNES games in that respect- short, yet infinitely replayable. Only this game has much more than just the gameplay quality going for it as far as replay value goes.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']I'm not sure if this was answered, but to anyone who has beaten it, how long does the overall single-player experience last? If you haven't beaten it and you're halfway such as Rig, how long have you guys spent playing so far? If this question was already asked, sorry. I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth buying. If the whole single-player only takes 1-2 hours to beat, I will probably not get it.. although the demo was enjoyable.[/quote]

1-2 hours isn't too likely unless you're just plowing through it. I think my first play through, which granted was 2-player co-op with a friend thus involving plenty of dicking around, was probably well over 3 hours long. 3-5 is probably a safe guess. But the thing about that is it's like asking how long it takes to beat all the levels in Tony Hawk 2 or how long it would take to beat all the stages in Rez - this is a game designed to be replayed over and over. Even if you're just counting it as a 'single-player' experience. You'll spend quite a bit of time finding weapons and animal orbs early on, plus the bonus characters you get from the Arenas and from completing the game are fun additions.

I have to say though, I've played a metric-shitton of Arcade games thus far. And so far the only other game I've played nearly this much is probably Lumines Live. I've already beaten the game over 10 times now (granted, I've been bored as all hell this week). Even with the online bugs (and I know all about em - I've been hit by every damn one of them, from Aliens with pitchforks to losing all your items/orbs), the game is still well worth it. Especially if you end up wanting to stick with 2-player online co-op...that's worked like a charm and I've never had any problems playing with my friend in it at all.

I'd say about 4-6 hours if you're playing by yourself. I started playing the day it came out, in maybe 1-2 hour sit-ins, and finished yesterday. I didn't collect all the extra stuff until the end. I just let the weapons/animals orbs come to me rather than going back and looking for them extensively.

As for replay value, I guess. After I get all the unlockables, I don't see myself playing it unless someone invites me or something. That's just me though, as this was the case for other XBLA titles I've purchased.

I was wrong about being halfway done. :lol: I'm at the last area now. 4-5 hours alone is probably a safe bet.

Just finished the game on single player with my green knight at level 29, thoroughly enjoyed it and it was worth the 1200 points to me! Last boss wasn't too bad once you figure out the patterns, it was probably the easiest boss for me compared to all the others. I plan to go through and collect all of the animals next. Need to start grinding as well. Haven't tried the online yet, but if anyone wants to play, feel free to send me an invite!

Finished the game single-handedly a little earlier. Fantastic. I got all of the animal orbs, but will probably not bother trying to get all of the weapons.

I'm undecided about what to do next. I started insane but I imagine it'll be quite a bitch. I kind of want to unlock some more characters, but that involves a lot of playing, so I'm not sure what I'll do.

I think it's worth the money, but I might be biased now about to go into the industry and wanting to support the developer of the game, and have gotten pretty far by myself. I haven't tried multiplayer but I have heard that there are connection problems. Behemoth is said to be working on a patch and this http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169696 talks about it.

I will also echo that anyone up for co-op when it actually works, please add me. I'll go back and start adding people from the last few pages who aren't already on my list.

So earlier today I was messing around playing as the Alien. I maxed out his magic stats only and its funny being able to use his blasts like crazy. I have no other stats so I die pretty fast but it sure will be entertaining to use him in co-op!

Finally had time to post here, love the game.. worth every penny.

The co-op is great (I haven't had a single problem with online co-op, I even did co-op with 3 friends from one console, with me on another over Live).

Honestly though, which I'm surprised by, I think I actually enjoy the single-player more the co-op. Sure, co-op is great and all, but in single, I can see what I'm doing much better, and only have to rely on myself, and not anyone else. Although, CPR is a very nice added bonus to playing co-op, gives you basically free chances to keep playing, where in single, once you die, you die.

The only online problem I've been having, is it doesn't let me join any "Arena" or "All You Can Quaff" matches. It'll always say "Game is no longer available", no matter what I do. I even tried it with a few friends, and got the same message. Like I said though, oddly enough, online co-op story works, but for some reason, those don't for me - and of-course, those are two of the only things I need achievements for right now.

Go figure.

So, uh, wow. Insane Mode definitely lives up to its name. I got to the black Troll lord thing and got my ass kicked by its minions in about 4 seconds. I have no idea how it's even possible. I'm level 42, by the way.

I'm considering just abandoning that and starting the game over with a new knight.

I just beat it too. Really fun, and I can't wait to go through with a friend or two.

I hate games that have color-coded fights and such. Thankfully, the last boss shield wasn't too annoying, since it only had two colors. (I'm partially colorblind, so the color-coded crap sometimes messes me up.)

This is a huge thread and I can't make it through all of it. Did anyone else have a freezing glitch with the boss in Theives' Forrest? I can't get past that even if I best the boss, my game always freezes there. Thanks.

In Medusa's Lair theres a couple staircases that seemingly goes into nowhere. Anything in hidden in there? Like maybe a weapon that requires the Cardinal to pull it out or something?

Thanks RawIsJericho and FrankySox for the weapons/pets earlier. I don't know what happened but I got disconnected after going through that door, so I took that opportunity to hit the showers :lol:

Sorry for being mic-less. I couldn't find my headset at the moment.

The industrial knight is the greatest fucking thing on the planet. Bow down to his saw blades.

I am now looking for all the weapons so if anyone can help me out with that it would be good. I just found the sausage sword...its pretty good but the stats suck.

fuck this game, fuck it raw.

I really really really like this game, I really do.

But I've now lost all my weapons and animals AGAIN!!!.

I give up until this shit is patched.

[quote name='CouRageouS']In Medusa's Lair theres a couple staircases that seemingly goes into nowhere. Anything in hidden in there? Like maybe a weapon that requires the Cardinal to pull it out or something?[/QUOTE]

What about that comb that Medusa uses? It looks like it's an obtainable weapon.

[quote name='joe2187']fuck this game, fuck it raw.

I give up until this shit is patched.[/QUOTE]

Just be cool and focus on unlocking characters with friends, two players is pretty stable and a lot more fun.

[quote name='joe2187']fuck this game, fuck it raw.

I give up until this shit is patched.[/quote]

I read that starting the game, log out, and sign back in and your save would be there again. Not sure if that really works. But this is the reason why im waiting to buy it.

That only works if you lost your levels too. AFAIK, if you lose your animals and weapons, you're SOL. The same thing has happened to me twice as well, so I'm just avoiding online like the plague until a patch comes out.

Offline co-op should be fine. I don't think I've heard of anyone loosing their stats other than playing online. Personally, I've lost my weapons, animals, and some of my "b button items" after getting disconnected from online.

Um, where do I go next?
I only have the Docks and Industrial Castle open but unplayed, and I need relics for the docks and to be "MORE BEEFY" for the Castle.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Um, where do I go next?
I only have the Docks and Industrial Castle open but unplayed, and I need relics for the docks and to be "MORE BEEFY" for the Castle.
[/quote]

Get a extra sandwich from that lava stage then use it to bust down the door at the castle. The sandwich makes you Beefy as they call it.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Can you reset your character's stats?[/quote]

Not stats alone, you have to reset weapons, animals, and story progress. To do this, choose "Character Information" or whatever its called from the main menu. From there, you can reset a character.

Has anyone beaten "All You Can Quaff At" in single-player? I find it practically impossible. Do you press both X + Y at the same time repeatedly, or one or the other really fast?

[quote name='CouRageouS']Thanks RawIsJericho and FrankySox for the weapons/pets earlier. I don't know what happened but I got disconnected after going through that door, so I took that opportunity to hit the showers :lol:

Sorry for being mic-less. I couldn't find my headset at the moment.[/quote]

Haha no problem. I think the game just dropped you out. It's really bad about doing that. That was the longest game I've played with three players since the game came out though. I can't wait for the patch, the game should be a blast to play with four people.

Found this on GameFaqs, all the weapon locations: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=934458&topic=45200383&page=4

Group 1

- Thin Sword = -1 Strength, +1 Agility | Bought: Castle Keep
- Thicker Sword = +0 Strength | Dig: Desert, An earlier X.
- Barbarian Sword = +2 Strength, -1 Magic, +5 Defense | Bought: Swamp Village Store
- Double Blade Sword = +3 Strength, -2 Magic, +2 Defense |Dig: After the cat statue, in a brown spot of land is an X

Group 2

- Silver Sword = +1 Strength, -1 Magic, +3 Defense (Critical Hit Ability) | Found: Full Moon - In the first hut
- Cleaver = +5 Strength, -2 Magic, +2 Agility | Bought: Snow Store
- Black Razor = -1 Magic, +2 Defense | Found : Industrial Castle - Behind the bushes at entrance
- Carrot = -1 Strength, -2 Magic, +3 Defense | Dig: Home Castle - front of the last burning hut
SPACE
- Rust Sword = -1 Strength, +2 Agility | Found: Forest Entrance - take the cardinal near the first tree OR Dropped by Thieves
- Golden Sword = +4 Magic, +1 Defense | Dig: The Marsh: Dig between the two houses where the green knight peeks out half way through the level.

Group 3

- Two Pronged Sword = +3 Magic, +3 Defense | Given: Unlock the Brute by beating the game with the Eskimo.
- Hook Sword = +3 Magic, +1 Defense, -1 Agility | Dig: Industrial Castle - towards the beginning after first big machine
- Buster Sword = +3 Magic, +3 Defense, -1 Agility | Dropped: Medusa, Medusa's Lair
- Falchion = +1 Strength, +3 Defense | Dropped: Saracen (arabian looking people), Sandcastle Roof
- Spike = +1 Magic, +2 Defense, +2 Agility | Found: Industrial Castle - After you kill the boss, DO NOT grab compass, instead have cardinal with you and go in the area the boss walked out from (north of telescope).
- Square Edged Buster = -1 Magic, +3 Defense, +2 Agility | Dig: Medusa's Lair - Between the two sets of stairs.
- Rapier = +1 Strength, +1 Magic, +1 Agility | Dropped: Gear Knights, Industrial Castle
- Barbarian Axe = -1 Magic, -1 Defense, Critical Hit Ability | Dropped: Barbarians, Castle Keep

Group 4

- Pitchfork = +1 Strength, -1 Agility | Found: Home Castle – First Haystack
- Crescent Sword = +2 Strength, +3 Magic, -1 Defense | Dig: Sand Castle Interior - While on the roof, near the end of the level you'll find an X
- Golden Key = -1 Strength, +3 Magic, +3 Agility | Found: Full Moon - The second cottage, have the cardinal pet with you.
- Bone Saw = -1 Strength, +1 Magic, +3 Defense | Dig: Wedding Crash - Just after the tables the with turkey leg and cookie.
SPACE
- Round Mace = +0 Strength | Given: One of the four knights' starting weapons.
- Wooden Club = +5 Strength, +5 Defense, -5 Agility (Critical Hit Ability) | Dropped: Bears, Tall Grass Field
- Blue Mace = -2 Magic, +6 Defense (Critical Hit Ability) | Dropped: Mechanics, Industrial Castle
- Spiked Club = +1 Strength, +1 Defense, +1 Agility | Dig - Flower Fields - Right after the first batch of bees

Group 5

- Fish = +2 Strength, -1 Magic | Found - Tall Grass Fields - Right before you climb the ladder up the mountain, use a sandwich and lift the boulder out of the cave to the left of the ladder.
- Wrapped Club = -1 Strength, +1 Magic, +1 Defense | Found: Thieves' Forest: Behind Pillar after fighting trolls
- Black Mace = -2 Strength, +3 Defense, +6 Agility | Dropped: Skeletons, Marsh
- Black Paddle = +5 Strength, -2 Agility | Bought: Volcano Store
- Green Mace = +5 Magic, -2 Defense, +3 Agility (Critical Hit Ability) | Dropped: Green Knights, The Marsh
SPACE
- Baseball Bat = +2 Strength, +1 Defense | Dropped: Beekeeper, Flowery Fields
- Black Morning Star = -3 Strength, +6 Magic, +1 Defense (Critical Hit Ability) | Dropped: Red Demon, Lava World
- Tenderizer = +2 Strength, -1 Agility | Found: Thieves Forest - Chest where the first thieves swing in.

Group 6

- Leaf = -1 Strength, +3 Magic, -1 Defense | Dig: Forest Entrance - Second X on map, ambushed by archers (shoot & run)
- Black Rod = +0 Strength | Given: One of the four starting knights' weapons.
- Wizard's Wand = +1 Magic, -1 Defense, +3 Agility | Bought: Church Store
- Branch = -1 Strength, +2 Magic, -1 Defense | Bought: Thieves Store
SPACE
- Vine = -1 Strength, -1 Defense, +2 Agility | Found: Forest Entrance - in a chest where you meet the trolls
- Lightsaber = +1 Agility (Shock Ability) | Dropped: Periwinkle Knights, Cyclops' Castle and Wedding Crash
- Wooden Cane = +4 Magic, -1 Defense | Bought: Church Store
- Spoon = -1 Magic, +2 Agility | Given: Unlock the Peasant
- Skeleton Leg = -2 Strength, +5 Agility | Dig: Snow Store - Need Pazzo

Group 7

- Alien Ray Gun = + Nothing | You must start a new profile where the Pitchfork has NOT been picked found and have two people. Pick the alien as your starting character and go through the beginning of the level till you can grab the pitchfork in the haystack. Have the Alien player grab the pitchfork then have player 2 grab the ray gun which drops from the alien player. At this point you can "trade" the weapon. (***Note if you don't want the alien to never get his ray gun back do not do this***)
- Harpoon = +5 Strength, +2 Magic, -3 Agility | Dropped: Eskimos, Snow World
- Lance: +4 Strength, +2 Defense, -2 Agility | Bought: Snow Store
- Sai = -2 Defense, +6 Agility (Critical Hit Ability) | Dropped: Ninja Pirates, Pirate Ship
- Unicorn Horn = -3 Strength, +6 Magic, +1 Defense | Dropped: Unicorn, Wizard Castle Interior – Kill Painter when there is a unicorn in the room
SPACE
- Steak = +4 Strength, -2 Magic, +4 Agility | Found: Ice Castle - Hanging on the wall on the second screen.
- Sausage = +1 Strength, +1 Magic | Dig - Desert Chase - First X
- Lobster = -1 Strength, +1 Agility | Dig - Tall Grass Fields - On the beach at beginning
- Umbrella = -2 Strength, +3 Defense | Dig - Tall Grass Fields - In front of the rain dancing miniboss hut

Group 8

- Battle Axe = +0 Strength | Given: One of the four knights' starting weapons.
- Black Katana = +2 Magic, +7 Defense | Dropped: Winged Knight, Wizard Castle Interior
- Ice Sword = (Ice Ability) | Dig - Ice Castle - In the screen where the boss appears and disappears with the princess, need Pazzo
- Candlestick = -1 Strength, +1 Magic (Fire Ability) | Dig: The Marsh - After you defeat skeletons and walk past the houses.
- Black Hammer = +1 Strength (Critical Hit Ability) | Found : The Marsh - After you get past the hut, there is a series of gravestones. Break the top left most gravestone after the hut.
SPACE
- Fishing Rod = -1 Strength, -1 Magic, -1 Defense | Found: The Marsh - Take the cardinal into The Marsh. You'll get it in the section after where the flying knight comes in.
- Wrench = +1 Strength, -1 Magic (Critical Hit Ability) | Found: Tall Grass Fields - In the beginning a guy is working on a catapult, behind him.
SPACE

Group 9

SPACE
SPACE
SPACE
SPACE
- Spear = -2 Strength, +4 Agility (Critical Hit Ability) | Found: Medusa's Lair - Break all the fish statues, one of them has the weapon in it
SPACE
- Glowing Red Rod = -4 Strength, +5 Magic, +5 Defense (Critical Hit Ability) | Dropped: Black Mages, Wizard Castle Interior
- Chicken = +2 Magic, -1 Defense, +1 Agility | Dig: Snow World - X under the first set of houses
- Flaming Sword = +2 Strength, +2 Magic, +2 Agility (Fire Ability) | Dropped: Wizard, Final Battle

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Has anyone beaten "All You Can Quaff At" in single-player? I find it practically impossible. Do you press both X + Y at the same time repeatedly, or one or the other really fast?[/quote]

Apparently the Rock Band Drums work wonders in AYCQ...:whistle2:\"

[quote name='moojuice']Apparently the Rock Band Drums work wonders in AYCQ...:whistle2:\"[/QUOTE]

Oh my god, that's brilliant.

Few things :
A) I'm stuck at volcanoworld? First volcano level where u face the resurrected skeletons. I just can't beat it. I'm about level 20 with blue knight.
B) How do you dig?
C) Does anyones wrist hurt from mashing the buttons? I had to stop playing bc my wrist hurt.

[quote name='ivanctorres']Few things :
A) I'm stuck at volcanoworld? First volcano level where u face the resurrected skeletons. I just can't beat it. I'm about level 20 with blue knight.
B) How do you dig?
C) Does anyones wrist hurt from mashing the buttons? I had to stop playing bc my wrist hurt.[/quote]
A. Like every RPG, just do some level grinding and get yourself in a suitable ass whooping level. If not that then learn to block and move constantly and remember to use magic to knock enemies back if overwhelmed.
B. You get a shovel after you help get all the items for the dock.
C. Yes.

A) Pay attention and level up what you need most. Are you not dealing enough damage or are you taking too much damage.
B) You get a shovel soon.
C) You are hitting the buttons too wildly? :lol:

Thanks for the tips guys! I'm just gonna have to grind a little then. I just wasn't sure if the enemies level up with you.

I've been Weapon Hunting a bit today. I'm up to...52 weapons total. There are like...65 in the game I think. I also beat the
Cylcops
with a Level 22 Green Knight. Green Knight is pretty sweet IMO and probably better than Orange Knight because his magic has a more powerful aftershock. But then again, I can't really compare, because it was only until I got to high levels with Orange Knight did I actually start using Magic.

[quote name='KingBroly']I've been Weapon Hunting a bit today. I'm up to...52 weapons total. There are like...65 in the game I think. I also beat the
Cylcops
with a Level 22 Green Knight. Green Knight is pretty sweet IMO and probably better than Orange Knight because his magic has a more powerful aftershock. But then again, I can't really compare, because it was only until I got to high levels with Orange Knight did I actually start using Magic.[/QUOTE]

Sucks though, Green Knights magic damage against skeletons and wizards is piss poor. I was in Normal, doing about 6 damage to skels, and 1 damage to the wizards, with a full magic bar and a +4 item.

I guess it's kind of cool that enemies have different resists, but the Marsh and Wizards Takeoff were ridiculously difficult single player.

bread's done
Back