XBLA - Castle Crashers - 1200pts - Necromatic DLC 160pts 8/26

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Just air juggle the guys from left to right. Do your best to avoid their fireballs because they can catch you into a juggle of their own.[/quote]Yeah they can kill you quick, although I had a first happen to me tonight. I was the level where the weird black fuzzy/smokey? thing came out and I'm attacking teh big one as he keeps spawning his little guys. everything was going fine until I got knocked down. There were so many of his little guys that I couldn't get up.

They killed me, but the swaming was so intense that they proceeded to destroy my dead body for 5 minutes. Seriously, 5 minutes, I kept trying to make it move me or something but I had no life, couldn't move, but it wouldn't end the level. Finally they stopped long enough.

[quote name='yukafls']Has anyone used the catfish glitch and then had their screen go crazy with colors???[/QUOTE]
that happens if the boomerang kills the catfish while it is stunned from the cannon ball. so if he is close to death and stunned, move to get the boomerang back so that doesnt happen. (and if you forget, press start, up twice, A, down once, A; then you should hear exiting. then go back to dashboard)

Woot, I beat the game yesterday and scored the awesome sword at the end. I beat it with the blue knight, but what does the mechanic look like?? I heard he is supposed to have a chainsaw or something, but he doesn't have one when I unlocked him.

Crap, I think I beat the game with the wrong knight. He doesn't have a wrench...is he the guy that is your home base where your weapons are???

[quote name='yukafls']Crap, I think I beat the game with the wrong knight. He doesn't have a wrench...is he the guy that is your home base where your weapons are???[/quote]

No, I haven't unlocked him but I think its those blue guys that show up on that castle that you need a sandwich to break through the door, there's teh purple guys with the saws and then the blue ninja looking dudes with wrenches.

[quote name='yukafls']Oh, ok then I must have him. I can't beat the peasant arena, I come all the way to the 10th round then die.[/quote]

I found it harder with the Blue Knight...his magic sucks.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I found it harder with the Blue Knight...his magic sucks.[/quote]

I know, Red guys is awesome I think I got almost all the animals, but I am not sure how to tell. When you are playin guys 2 at once the animals you unlock carry over from both.

[quote name='yukafls']I know, Red guys is awesome I think I got almost all the animals, but I am not sure how to tell. When you are playin guys 2 at once the animals you unlock carry over from both.[/quote]

Yeah, they carry over as long as both players touch the new orb...so if one player gets it, make sure that he or she drops it by picking up the other orb that he or she was carrying and then grab it as well. Check the OP here for a link to a site with locations of all the orbs.

I thought the only way to lose all your stuff was to play online? I have played a lot, both single and multiplayer, but I just now went to level up my green knight and all animals/stats were gone. The 4original knights were at level 1, as though I had never played the game before.

Yikes.

That's why I really haven't invested much time into Castle Crashers yet, still waiting for some patches. I'd be pissed if I lost all my progress like that.

[quote name='Matt Young']I thought the only way to lose all your stuff was to play online? I have played a lot, both single and multiplayer, but I just now went to level up my green knight and all animals/stats were gone. The 4original knights were at level 1, as though I had never played the game before.[/quote]

That happens if you do the campaign multiplayer, I already made that mistake

[quote name='Matt Young']I thought the only way to lose all your stuff was to play online? I have played a lot, both single and multiplayer, but I just now went to level up my green knight and all animals/stats were gone. The 4original knights were at level 1, as though I had never played the game before.[/quote]

I just played yesterday with my nephew, and the same thing had happened to me. And I had also been avoiding the online aspects.

I signed out and signed back in while in-game, and it recovered all of my levels/animals/weapons. Definitely try that if you haven't already.

And for the kid in all of us there's Banjo Kazooie (and the Free original one!) and Fable 2!! (and all the ones you just mentioned Yukine! ... adding in Gears 2 of course ;) ).

I

Damn i beat the game with grey knight knowing i would unlock black knight, but the black knight turned out to be something other then what i thought it would be. Thought it would be just like one of the main characters. I guess thats still better than beating the game with bear and not getting anything. :(

I have a question, is Medusa's comb a weapon? I was fighting her last night and thought maybe i needed an animal to grab it, then unlock it as a weapon.

At this point i still like the game, but it seems like when i hit lava world i start to dread playing the rest of the game. I dunno what it is, maybe level design, or enemies?

I'm definitely regretting my purchase...to the point that i really want a refund. I know i would never get one but they promised online co-op and i have yet to play through without getting disconnected. Tried with countless people as i'm sure the rest of you have and it's very hit or miss. What's funny is i can easily see MS/TB putting the patch out along with DLC (that won't be free)...

[quote name='yukafls']That happens if you do the campaign multiplayer, I already made that mistake[/QUOTE]

That's the weird thing. I played a lot of online multiplayer and lost nothing. This happened immediately when I started single player.

Thanks for the suggestion, Rig. I'll try that.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM'].... still ..... no .... patch ....

It just sucks because it is keeping me from playing multiplayer.[/quote]

And I still won't buy it until there is a patch and it's confirmed that it works. I wish more people would have done the same, they might feel it was a priority issue then.

I wish more people would have done the same, they might feel it was a priority issue then.
Many of us bought the game day one. While I have not had any problems, I do feel for people that do. For those that own the game and are affected I suggest calling the Xbox 360 Customer Service number and demanding your points back. This has worked for other people. If they say no, escalate it - MS hates getting complaints from the Better Business Bureau.

[quote name='Zyzomys']Many of us bought the game day one. While I have not had any problems, I do feel for people that do. For those that own the game and are affected I suggest calling the Xbox 360 Customer Service number and demanding your points back. This has worked for other people. If they say no, escalate it - MS hates getting complaints from the Better Business Bureau.[/quote]

I don't think that would work. I recommend an internet petition instead.

Damn still no patch yet? I bought this game on release day looking forward to the co-op, but just stopped when all my data was reset. What a disappointment for such a great game...I hope they patch it soon though...:bomb:

bought the game this weekend, theres some serious issues... i've twice had to restart the game because of a level glitch, once i got stuck in a rock, could not jump out of it or walk out if it, i tried for 4 minutes... issue 2, the little black leafy guys... one was floating not moving, i could hit him 100 times and he wouldn't die so i couldn't progress through the level.

other than that its a really fun game, even though me and my buddy had disconnecting issues every 3rd level...

i really hope they fix that crap

[quote name='dkreegz515']bought the game this weekend, theres some serious issues... i've twice had to restart the game because of a level glitch, once i got stuck in a rock, could not jump out of it or walk out if it, i tried for 4 minutes... issue 2, the little black leafy guys... one was floating not moving, i could hit him 100 times and he wouldn't die so i couldn't progress through the level.

other than that its a really fun game, even though me and my buddy had disconnecting issues every 3rd level...

i really hope they fix that crap[/quote]

I actually had that same problem once, me and my brother got past it somehow but I cant remember how.

[quote name='life.exe']I actually had that same problem once, me and my brother got past it somehow but I cant remember how.[/quote]

For that, you stop throwing him, and start regularly hitting him from the ground. He should come down...eventually.

I just finally got around to downloading the demo for this and loved it. Was about to buy it, only to come here and read about so many problems with it.
I guess I will wait a little longer to see if the patch will fix the game or not. So disappointed. It looks like a lot of fun.

I stopped playing this game for fear of the dreaded data loss (I have to reload my game every time because my data doesn't load the first time). I just realized that it STILL isn't patched. fucking rediculous. Seriously. A crippling bug and it isn't fixed 3 months after released?

the dreaded reset happened to me last week...i was VERY pissed and sad at the same time. I dont know how many resets there are, but mine was the one where you lose all your weapons, animals, and gold. At least it didnt reset my character unlocks/levels, cuz then i'd truly be pissed. It took me a while to get most of my weapons/animals, but i know ill eventually get them all again.

[quote name='yukafls']Well, I just didn't play co op after I found that glitch the first time[/quote]

Yeah, turned me right off the game, too. It was really a shame. If they ever got the patch out, it might bring back interest. But that might is pretty big unless they offered up free DLC to make up for it.

Their incompetence ruined this game. Same story as with Alien Hominid, they release it broken and by the time they fix it everybody moved on...way on.

bread's done
Back