XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rollobobo']I have to say with the release of "The Baconing," I was surprised we didnt see the other Deathspank games discounted.[/QUOTE]

I used to think like this but then I realised why. If Deathspank 1 and 2 were 600 points in the same week Deathspank 3 was released, what do you think people would have bought?

Same reason why Exit wasn't discounted when Exit 2 came out, or why the other Sonics weren't when Sonic 4 launched, or why Splosion Man wasn't when Ms. Splosion Man launched.

Discounting a predecessor the same week as a sequel could only hurt the sequel's sales.

[quote name='Exu']I used to think like this but then I realised why. If Deathspank 1 and 2 were 600 points in the same week Deathspank 3 was released, what do you think people would have bought?

Same reason why Exit wasn't discounted when Exit 2 came out, or why the other Sonics weren't when Sonic 4 launched, or why Splosion Man wasn't when Ms. Splosion Man launched.

Discounting a predecessor the same week as a sequel could only hurt the sequel's sales.[/QUOTE]

But it would have made sense to discount their predecessor 2-4 (or more) weeks prior to the new ones release. That way they could create some more interest in the new title, but still be far enough away that it shouldn't hurt its sales.

Man, anxiously waiting to see what the DotW will be. Hopefully not discounted avatar crap to match the September xbl rewards thing......no Labor day sale kinda stunk though. If nothing good ttomorrow, then I can save my msp for the Gears pass. fuck, there goes 2400 msp points :(

ROFL @ this month's XBL Rewards Survey: "Have you ever made a purchase from the XBox LIVE Marketplace?" Yes or No. Click for Next Question. End of survey. 20 points.

[quote name='Kerig']ROFL @ this month's XBL Rewards Survey: "Have you ever made a purchase from the XBox LIVE Marketplace?" Yes or No. Click for Next Question. End of survey. 20 points.[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one that can take it over and over again? I get the feeling it's not registering my answer and I won't get my points...

Holding off on Minerva's Den and Borderlands DLC. Have a backlog that is ridiculous and hopefully disc versions will be available for Bioshock later on after Infinite.

Hoping for somergood finally. Still waiting on Bastion (even if that means christmas)

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Am I the only one that can take it over and over again? I get the feeling it's not registering my answer and I won't get my points...[/QUOTE]
I just checked and I was able to take the survey again as well. No word on whether or not it's counting for multiple surveys taken or none at all.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Am I the only one that can take it over and over again? I get the feeling it's not registering my answer and I won't get my points...[/QUOTE]
I've "taken" it everyday, and it never seems to register or recognize it.

Yesterday, I intentionally said I never purchased anything and gave every false answer I could, hoping that it would at least give me credit for answering.

Thanks Doctor Who,

I updated the OP with the list. I will add the links when the US/NA pages update with the same info.

I also need to stick the old info in the FAQ.

[quote name='Doctor Who']Whole load of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 DLC as DOTW this week: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Promotion/dealoftheweek

Includes Onslaught mode, Vietnam, SPECACT Bundle, Kit Upgrade, VIP and two themes, all 50% off.[/QUOTE]
Should've known not to get my hopes up. Screw you Microsoft. What's next, more Borderlands crap on sale next week? Oh wait that was last week. How bout more Bioshock 2 stuff? That's right, it was last week too. So it'll prolly be RISK Factions for the umpteenth time *rolls eyes*

[quote name='Exu']I used to think like this but then I realised why. If Deathspank 1 and 2 were 600 points in the same week Deathspank 3 was released, what do you think people would have bought?

Discounting a predecessor the same week as a sequel could only hurt the sequel's sales.[/QUOTE]

That makes a little sense, but I don't think there are many people who are waiting for the first two games to go on sale that will go ahead and buy the new one at full price.

at least they are on streak on discounting the themes...

Call of Duty themes...Bad Company themes...Good chance next game that has themes will be discounted next week.

[quote name='Kerig']ROFL @ this month's XBL Rewards Survey: "Have you ever made a purchase from the XBox LIVE Marketplace?" Yes or No. Click for Next Question. End of survey. 20 points.[/QUOTE]
I logged in and took it on my wifes account. I said no and my next question was something about why I have not then it asked if I was a gold member. I think there was another question in there too.

When I saw the DoTW this week, I laughed. Not because of, what many of you will perceive as a poor sale, but because I can feel how pissed most of you are going to be for the rest of the week.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I logged in and took it on my wifes account. I said no and my next question was something about why I have not then it asked if I was a gold member. I think there was another question in there too.[/QUOTE]
At least you guys are able to read your survey. For the last couple months the rewards page has somehow been stuck in Spanish mode for me.

[quote name='victimsofadown']Is there really no other games that are willing to go on sale? Jesus christ.[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to wonder if they're even allowed to put other games on sale.
My guess for next weeks DotW: Lara Croft Guardians of Light

[quote name='Doctor Who']Anyone know what the family gold pack deal is?[/QUOTE]
Tetris Splash? I haven't had a chance to check the dashboard but the drops for this month may be up also:

http://xbldb.com/offer-highlights/

Is Tetris Splash good? I enjoy Tetris, though I'm not a huge fan, just like it on occasion. i enjoyed the Wii download version for the different modes available and the multiplayer online and local play. Does Tetris Splash have any unique (and good) modes, or is it just straight up Tetris?

I like Splash, fun game.

On the DOTW front: Repeat sales are great! I wish every sale could be a repeat. I also wish the repeat sales could be for mutliplayer stuff that will eventually get turned off and prevent me from being able to play what I spent extra money on!

[quote name='ShinSolidus']When I saw the DoTW this week, I laughed. Not because of, what many of you will perceive as a poor sale, but because I can feel how pissed most of you are going to be for the rest of the week.[/QUOTE]
You read my my mind, and you are right. I was hoping for a sale... I don't think you can even count this weeks "DotW" as a sale at all. I was hoping for something decent with it being the day after my birthday but nope, leave it to Microsoft to have another lemon of a sale.

[quote name='crunchewy']Is Tetris Splash good? I enjoy Tetris, though I'm not a huge fan, just like it on occasion. i enjoyed the Wii download version for the different modes available and the multiplayer online and local play. Does Tetris Splash have any unique (and good) modes, or is it just straight up Tetris?[/QUOTE]
I'm curious about this too, I'm on the fence for this and was wondering what people think? I have the trial already downloaded from ages ago and almost bought it for 800 but was waiting for it to go on sale. Now that it's 400 I might get it but I was curious if any of the DLC adds ANYTHING to the game? There is over 900 points worth of DLC for this game alone so is any of it worth anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Spylon']Tetris Splash? I haven't had a chance to check the dashboard but the drops for this month may be up also:

http://xbldb.com/offer-highlights/[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that might be a permanent or random price drop. Doesn't the family gold pack deal usually say gold exclusive? IIRC the last few had a gold only discount label on them. Either way this has caught my attention because I am also starved for a new arcade game.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I'm guessing that might be a permanent or random price drop. Doesn't the family gold pack deal usually say gold exclusive? IIRC the last few had a gold only discount label on them. Either way this has caught my attention because I am also starved for a new arcade game.[/QUOTE]

You are correct. I checked the dash but nothing is up yet. I really need to add a gold status to my site. To much to do so little time.

The drops on my site must be the Sept. permanent price drops.

Next week's DotW is...

L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass September 13 – 19 640 (33% off)

If you enjoyed the game that's a lot of good content for $8.

And there's a special sale to go along with it. Maybe open to everyone?

Rockstar Games Publisher Sale – Games, Add-ons, and Avatars September 13- 19 Up to 50% off

The GoD games that dropped today are confirmed as drops and not sales.

Shaun White Skateboarding
Sonic & SEGA All Star Racing
Aliens vs. Predator
Virtua Tennis 2009
Vanquish
R.U.S.E
Fable III [Mexico only]
Halo: Reach [Mexico only]

Not so much shit as stuff that's worthless to me because I own BFBC2 on PS3.

Still, I should get MK Kollection before the horrible online vanishes entirely.

[quote name='louiedog']Next week's DotW is...

Rockstar Games Publisher Sale – Games, Add-ons, and Avatars September 13- 19 Up to 50% off
[/QUOTE]

Who called another Read Dead/GTA sale? Sigh...

Looks like I have nothing to look forward to next week either.

has anyone else not received their crimson alliance promo code?
i know you are suppose to wait a few weeks for delivery and the game isnt even out yet but it seems like everyone else got theirs a few days ago.

[quote name='drawingboard']I'm starting to wonder if they're even allowed to put other games on sale.
My guess for next weeks DotW: Lara Croft Guardians of Light[/QUOTE]

Well because of the hold that was on during the summer of arcade, we are getting multiple arcade games released for a bit. They seem to want to avoid a sale on the older games until they have nothing new in the backlog.

So basically the summer of arcade ruins any good sales for like two months LoL

[quote name='Gnort']Good news (well, whether it's good or not may depend on your definition of "soon"), Guardian Heroes has been confirmed for 12 October, so it's only a month away.

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/guardian-heroes-xbla-trailer-1[/QUOTE]

fucking hell, I wish it was out this month. That's Guardian Heroes and Dungeon Defenders within a week of each other, right before the rush of November games.

Still, thanks for the news.

[quote name='louiedog']Next week's DotW is...

The GoD games that dropped today are confirmed as drops and not sales.

Shaun White Skateboarding
Sonic & SEGA All Star Racing
Aliens vs. Predator
Virtua Tennis 2009
Vanquish
R.U.S.E
Fable III [Mexico only]
Halo: Reach [Mexico only]
[/QUOTE]

this is great news. i was going to buy the pass this week seeing as this dotw is garbage but now I can save some points. Really enjoying LA noire so far, great game.

OH WOW THIS GUARDIAN HEROES IS REALLY GOOD! #trollface

Seriously though, the game's done. It's ready. There is absolutely no reason for them to wait until then. I want other people to play it with, damn it!

As for the upcoming deals... *sigh*.

Going to actively bitch to MS about this now, not having anything worth mentioning for months is getting stupid. As gold subscribers, we're entitled to good deals which we just aren't getting. I don't care for PSN but their deals have wiped the floor with XBL ones.

[quote name='drStaton']has anyone else not received their crimson alliance promo code?
i know you are suppose to wait a few weeks for delivery and the game isnt even out yet but it seems like everyone else got theirs a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

Nope. I keep asking Xbox Support on Twitter and they're all "oh they haven't all been out yet you should have it by the end of the week".
No, Microsoft. Everyone else I know who should have it either got it on Friday or doesn't have it. There's no middle ground, why do I have to wait?

I know what's going to happen, I'm not going to get what I'm entitled to and I'm going to wait months while I repeatedly prove it. Just like last year's rebate scheme.

fuck YES! I waited and waited and waited for BFBC2 DLC to go on sale. I held on to my 3000+ points for what seems like forever. I'm so glad I waited.

But, it's been on sale before. Several times. At the same prices.

That game's how old now? Should be a perma-cut tbh. And it's an EA game which means they'll rip the servers out at the drop of a hat rendering the DLC useless.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Why is Guardian Heroes coming out so late? It's already out in fucking Mexico.[/QUOTE]
Someone jumped the gun early, it's since been pulled although the trial's still up.

[quote name='Tsel']fuck YES! I waited and waited and waited for BFBC2 DLC to go on sale. I held on to my 3000+ points for what seems like forever. I'm so glad I waited.[/QUOTE]

Since these were all on sale before, I'm guessing you're kidding?

And screw you to RS for putting the "PASS" to LA Noire on sale.

[quote name='Exu']But, it's been on sale before. Several times. At the same prices.

That game's how old now? Should be a perma-cut tbh. And it's an EA game which means they'll rip the servers out at the drop of a hat rendering the DLC useless.

Someone jumped the gun early, it's since been pulled although the trial's still up.[/QUOTE]

Ding. Hence my "sarcasm" post about it before. The servers have until February, just watch.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Ding. Hence my "sarcasm" post about it before. The servers have until February, just watch.[/QUOTE]

I'd give 'em a bit longer since BC1's still up. Maybe... June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back