XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastx']I just don't see how you can whine that much without getting tired of it. You made your complaint, why keep reiterating it?
Adults don't always get everything they want. Kids don't get everything they want either, but at least they're too young to know better. And whoops, now someone will be annoyed with me for calling you out on it.[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is that what I wrote had nothing to do with me specifically complaining about any of the deals. My post was about how the group of you get on this thread to complain about those who were expressing there dissatisfaction with the DOTW. I never complained about anything. I only pointed out that coming to this thread to complain about people wanting lower prices is stupid because this entire site is about wanting to get lower prices on video games. Your insinuation that somehow I am being childish by continued discussion of the topic only shows your true intention of posting on this thread. You want to complain about others without actually contributing anything to the discussion of the thread. People who "complain" about the DOTW are at least on topic. You add nothing by trying to shout them down or make them feel stupid for wanting something. Calling people names is also something a child does but at least they are too young to realize it.

[quote name='reddjoey']Crimson Alliance is a bit of an oddity like Pinball FX. The shell (which acts as a trial) is free, but the content is what costs. If you want 1 class, that is 800 MSP. If you want all 3, that will cost you 1200. Of the 30 minutes I played, it was okay.[/QUOTE]

Could you tell if any achievements could be unlocked in the free game? I'd be in score-whore heaven if companies started releasing free-to-play games that let you unlock a couple achievements before requiring payment for the rest.

[quote name='gepet0']What is a rockstar pass? TIA[/QUOTE]

Rockstar Pass is a bundle of all the DLC content for L.A. Noire. You end up saving a pretty decent bit of cash buying it over buying the content individually.

I too always thought many here are CAGs, and are accepted for typical CAG behavior. I guess I am an exception, because my Gold membership is almost exclusively for the deals. My gamertag's bio even welcomes invites to multiplayer games, but in my 2+ years of gold I can count all the times anyone ever took me up on that with one hand (probably because my schedule for work/life doesn't coincide with many others' schedule).

I buy my Gold membership at a deal for cards in true CAG fashion, thanks to CAG. They are in 1-year increments and I would have loved to put my subscription on hold for a few months because the deals did not appeal to me for some time now. Coupled with the infrequent use of ESPN, party chat, and multiplayer I could have done without Gold. Yet every week I check this thread hoping for a good deal I could partake in. The DotW is one of the features MS uses to sell the subscription.

I have already spent money on the subscriptions, and I'm always re-evaluating the wisdom (or lack thereof) of the purchase. I thought at best, the DotWs would cover the cost of membership. The New Years and major holiday deals tend to be open to Free/Silver members, so the only deals that stand for Gold only have not been beneficial to me with all the repeat deals. I know others may have missed out on some earlier deals and a repeat deal is nice for those persons, but it shouldn't hurt that much to have a new offering once in a while. So I can sympathise with people dissatisfied with the DotW lately.

I am on an iPod at the moment before work so please forgive my misspellings and lack of elaboration. When I get home late tonight, I will edit and fix this post (and be on Live ^^).

I feel bad for those who bought the Rockstar Pass already. The whole idea was that it would save you money, but now it turns out that if you already bought it, it lost you money. I suppose you did get to play the existing DLC already, though. Is all the DLC out or is there still some yet to come?

[quote name='crunchewy']I feel bad for those who bought the Rockstar Pass already. The whole idea was that it would save you money, but now it turns out that if you already bought it, it lost you money. I suppose you did get to play the existing DLC already, though. Is all the DLC out or is there still some yet to come?[/QUOTE]

Why do you feel bad? I bought Splosion man when it was 800 , last year /this year there was a deal for splosion man for 160 ms points. I paid 640 ms points to much.

[quote name='crunchewy']I feel bad for those who bought the Rockstar Pass already. The whole idea was that it would save you money, but now it turns out that if you already bought it, it lost you money. I suppose you did get to play the existing DLC already, though. Is all the DLC out or is there still some yet to come?[/QUOTE]
It actually felt like it was worth the price I paid for it (bought it as soon as it was announced), the DLC is pretty well done and I would've happily paid more for it. All DLC for the game is currently out.

[quote name='Stephan123']Why do you feel bad? I bought Splosion man when it was 800 , last year /this year there was a deal for splosion man for 160 ms points. I paid 640 ms points to much.[/QUOTE]

I didn't like 'Splosion Man, so I paid infinitely too much. I feel bad for myself! :) :)

Damn, I bought my rockstar pass at 960 not more than a month ago... Oh well, still a hell of a lot cheaper than paying for everything separately. I'd advise anyone on the fence about this to snatch it when the time comes. It's a hell of a deal, even at regular price in my opinion.

This is one of the silliest things I've read so far in this thread, and that's saying something. All of the DLC is out and has been for about two months now. Buying it in those first two weeks did save money. It was $10 and then went up to $12.

Guess what, things go on sale after a few months. If you pre-order a retail game for $50 it will be $60 on launch day. Yes, it will eventually hit $40, then $30, etc. but that doesn't mean you fucked up by paying $50. It means you paid less than MSRP without having to wait. Now if you bought this or you pre-order a game and don't play it for months that isn't a good idea, because as I said, things go on sale and get cheaper over time. Rockstar content has been on sale in the past and there was no reason to believe this would be excluded from that.

Just have to say that the whole Crimson Alliance thing is HUGELY misleading and really stupid... You don't put up a "free" "FULL GAME" and it not be free or the full game...

Here's my example for what I thought the Rockstar Pass was and why I will wait next time. I bought it on sale during the first two weeks for 800 literally on the last day at the last second because I thought ok I might have gotten bored with it after the first two case desks, but I liked it and will get back to it eventually. I thought the Rockstar Pass was a special limited time offer like some others here and once the initial sale was over it'd be 1200 for awhile, then it'd be gone and you'd have to buy the DLC like normal.

I guess not. So yes, if I had known I'd have waited til now or perhaps even later because who knows maybe 3-6 months from now it'll be even cheaper.

Yeah, I gotta side with the people who are little disappointed with the Rockstar Pass sale... Yes, everything goes on sale eventually, and I'm glad I bought it when I did, I got my money's worth out of it. But this wasn't just any DLC item that we all know will be cheaper later on, this was a special package deal that was specifically discounted as an incentive for early adopters. For it to be available for an even cheaper price so (relatively) quickly kind of defeats the purpose of why it even existed in the first place.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yeah, I gotta side with the people who are little disappointed with the Rockstar Pass sale... Yes, everything goes on sale eventually, and I'm glad I bought it when I did, I got my money's worth out of it. But this wasn't just any DLC item that we all know will be cheaper later on, this was a special package deal that was specifically discounted as an incentive for early adopters. For it to be available for an even cheaper price so (relatively) quickly kind of defeats the purpose of why it even existed in the first place.[/QUOTE]

How? They said that it would be $10 for a limited time and go up to $12, and that's exactly what happened. Now, months later, it's on sale for a week. I honestly don't see why this is a problem for people. How does putting it on sale months later defeat the purpose of putting it on sale initially as well?

[quote name='louiedog']How? They said that it would be $10 for a limited time and go up to $12, and that's exactly what happened. Now, months later, it's on sale for a week. I honestly don't see why this is a problem for people. How does putting it on sale months later defeat the purpose of putting it on sale initially as well?[/QUOTE]

If the DLC was individually on sale I don't think as many people would have an issue.

The "special" Rockstar Pass Bundle is where the issue lies. And historically, while the major label DLC does eventually go on sale, it generally takes far longer than 2-3 months.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']If the DLC was individually on sale I don't think as many people would have an issue.

The "special" Rockstar Pass Bundle is where the issue lies. And historically, while the major label DLC does eventually go on sale, it generally takes far longer than 2-3 months.[/QUOTE]

Why is the "special" Rockstar Pass where the issue lies? I'm not sure why people have decided to assume it would be $12 FOREVER. They never said that, there was no reason to believe it. You guys made a bad assumption.

[quote name='louiedog']How?[/QUOTE]

Because the whole point of it was to be different than every other piece of DLC where we all know that early adopters pay a premium and waiting to play means you pay less, this was specifically pitched as the opposite of that.

I love all the people who are complaining about the rockstar pass. The dlc in it is worth 1200 points. So what if you lost out on a $1.75 or $3.75, are you really that cheap (I know the name of the website but come on). I paid 800 for both Spolsion Man and X-Men when they came out $20 and they both went on sale for 160 each thats a -$18 difference but it doesn't matter because I enjoyed playing both.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Because the whole point of it was to be different than every other piece of DLC where we all know that early adopters pay a premium and waiting to play means you pay less, this was specifically pitched as the opposite of that.[/QUOTE]

It was pitched as a day one sale and that's exactly what it was. They never said it would never be on sale again or for less.

[quote name='louiedog']How? They said that it would be $10 for a limited time and go up to $12, and that's exactly what happened. Now, months later, it's on sale for a week. I honestly don't see why this is a problem for people. How does putting it on sale months later defeat the purpose of putting it on sale initially as well?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what people don't get about that. It was a "thank you" for early adopters of the game! Now you can buy the game for WAY less and get the content on sale for less as well...

They even marketed as that, as a thank you...

It's like how some games included passes for free content or even free games in some cases and it's only good through a certain date.

Am I the only one thinking that the Rockstar Pass sale means that the Mortal Kombat Pass may also get a sale sometime down the road? I waited to see what the 4th character was and when I found out it was Freddy I was glad I waited. Had to have been one of the stupidest out-of-left-field characters they could have chosen. There are soo many good characters left out of the game from the MK franchise that it feels like a bad joke to include such a missplaced character. As such the 1200 points feels like buying all the DLC characters I'd actually pay for for full price and includes one I don't want in the slightest. If they put all the actual MK characters on sale I'd almost rather buy them individually and avoid Freddy altogether.

Lol at all this "early adopter" nonsense. You guys had 4 months to enjoy your discounted pass. How is it even surprising that a quarter later the game and its DLC are cheaper? The content is obviously not selling as well as they desired so they are responding accordingly.

And this much whining over $1.75, really? You could have made that up plus a whole lot more using Bing Rewards during the 4 month span.

Lesson to take away, as always, is that if you can wait, wait. The early adopter sale (which was really the pay in advance adopter sale) probably isn't going to be as good as the late adopter sale. If you have to have it ASAP, then you're going to pay more.

[quote name='crookshow']Lol at all this "early adopter" nonsense. You guys had 4 months to enjoy your discounted pass. How is it even surprising that a quarter later the game and its DLC are cheaper? The content is obviously not selling as well as they desired so they are responding accordingly.

And this much whining over $1.75, really? You could have made that up plus a whole lot more using Bing Rewards during the 4 month span.[/QUOTE]

Actually the last DLC "Reefer Madness" released on July 21st...less than 2 months ago. I could care less about the $1.75. I think the point people are trying to make is that they tried a new model...Discount at the front end for DLC not yet released and people,like myself, with large backlogs bought this "deal" with the idea it was going to be the best package. Turns out these presales are no different from other DLC...they eventually get a cheaper price. I won't be buying a pass unless I am ready to play right away from here on out. Live and learn.

The only reason to get something early is to have it early. You get to have the experience before most other people. If that's worth something to you, go for it. If not, don't. Anyone who's been observing the video game industry for more than 10 minutes knows that games drop in price. And also that publishers market deals as "limited" or "the best offer you're gonna get" only to re-print and/or drop prices later. If you feel like you got burned, fine, learn from it and make future decisions differently so you don't get burned again.

Whenever I buy a game or other luxury item, I think "Am I happy paying this price for this item even if it goes down later or others get it for less?" If the answer is yes, I buy it. If not, I don't. Some people (not just here, on all deal sites that I've seen and probably elsewhere as well) seem to get upset if they don't get the best possible price of all time for a game, or if others get a better price months later (which, again, in the games industry is inevitable). That's just silly. It doesn't matter what other people are willing to pay. What are you willing to pay?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']So my question to you guys is what about the gears 3 pass what are your plans for that?[/QUOTE]

After seeing the Rockstar Pass get discounted later and EPIC confirming that it's not a limited time offer that you can get it anytime, I'll wait and see. Def not Day 1 even though I'll be getting Gears 3 at midnight.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']So my question to you guys is what about the gears 3 pass what are your plans for that?[/QUOTE]

Personally I'll be buying it. gears is one game I'll buy DLC day one for.

honestly, this is no different than someone picking up a game on sale at 600, down from 800, but becoming upset when it drops to 400 in a sale months later.

you pay the extra to get it earlier, deal with it?

[quote name='harry hood']honestly, this is no different than someone picking up a game on sale at 600, down from 800, but becoming upset when it drops to 400 in a sale months later.

you pay the extra to get it earlier, deal with it?[/QUOTE]

Exactly, thats why I will be buying the Gears pass. I want to play all the DLC day one. Not 6 months down the road

[quote name='Brother Daz']Exactly, thats why I will be buying the Gears pass. I want to play all the DLC day one. Not 6 months down the road[/QUOTE]
Though, I suspect in the case of LA Noire, you don't get all the DLC available immediately, the same goes for Gears. Still, if you're an early adopter, you're putting your eggs in the basket because you really really like the game/developer and want to support that.
If you're on the fence, don't get it earlier, and see if the DLC intrigues you. Who knows, maybe that goes on sale in the future (which it did!)

Anything with online play(such as Gears), I feel like you miss out if you don't get it early. With LA Noire, I see it as less time-sensitive as I can do those cases anytime.

[quote name='luminaria']Can't believe that Radiant Silvergun is finally here.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't jump the gun on that just yet (sorry for the bad pun[not really]). It's here next week barring any further delays...

What is the URL for the site that tracks XBLA price history? I'm trying to figure out what the lowest prices were for Puzzle Quest 1 & 2.

Like someone already mentioned, online is a totally different beast. I personally am getting the GOW3 pass and I KNOW epic will discount it in the future. They've discounted every single piece of dlc before(Gears 1, Gears 2 & Bulletstorm) so no reason to think it won't be dropped later on.

I want it day one however. Already got 2400 msp set aside too. Can't wait to play Tuesday since I'll be "sick" that day *cough cough*

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Am I the only one thinking that the Rockstar Pass sale means that the Mortal Kombat Pass may also get a sale sometime down the road? I waited to see what the 4th character was and when I found out it was Freddy I was glad I waited. Had to have been one of the stupidest out-of-left-field characters they could have chosen. There are soo many good characters left out of the game from the MK franchise that it feels like a bad joke to include such a missplaced character. As such the 1200 points feels like buying all the DLC characters I'd actually pay for for full price and includes one I don't want in the slightest. If they put all the actual MK characters on sale I'd almost rather buy them individually and avoid Freddy altogether.[/QUOTE]

Actually, as soon as I heard that this was a permanent thing, I was expecting a possible sale/price-drop on this in the future. I could live with getting Freddy for free, but $5 a character for the others? A little much, imo. I don't know if they have any more DLC planned though.

As for Gears 3, I'm almost positive that they'll do the same thing they did with the Rockstar pass (which should have been labeled the LA Noire pass, unless Rockstar never plans to do such a thing again) and give you the content immediately when it's available to the general public. It's a good deal for Day 1 buyers of EVERY map pack, but otherwise I would just wait for sales either on individual map packs or the pass itself (which I'm assuming is eventually going to be treated like the All Fronts Collection for Gears 2).

So now the arcade game price drops have been removed? Or am I missing something? If so, Microsoft has been sucking the big one recently....I was looking forward to Panzer General

[quote name='tylerh1701']So now the arcade game price drops have been removed? Or am I missing something? If so, Microsoft has been sucking the big one recently....I was looking forward to Panzer General[/QUOTE]

My guess is that it was a mistake and is supposed to be next months price drops. And another guess I'm taking here is todays drop of bejeweled 2 is the family deal for this month.

Microsoft needs to get it $h&t together. I would be fired from my job if I made as many mistakes as Microsoft has made recently between the xbox rewards snafu this month and major mistakes nelson not being able to get any information correct ugghhh rant over

[quote name='Chrono Gear']http://xbldb.com[/QUOTE]
Thanks for sharing my site. I really appreciate people using it and any feedback.

[quote name='Bradisback']My guess is that it was a mistake and is supposed to be next months price drops. And another guess I'm taking here is todays drop of bejeweled 2 is the family deal for this month.[/QUOTE]
I'm inclined to agree with the leak for next months drops. I captured a video of the full leak:
http://xbldb.com/2011/09/06/video-2011-09-06-recently-reduced-september-2011/

I'll capture some video of the new list and upload it.

I do disagree about Bejeweled 2, for the same reason I was wrong about Tetris Splash, the offer is not gold exclusive. I've put my site on high scan to find any changes faster, these should show up on the following page:
http://xbldb.com/offer-highlights/

[quote name='Spylon']Thanks for sharing my site. I really appreciate people using it and any feedback.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I figured I have a tab up all the time in my explorer I might as well share it with the rest of the group.

[quote name='Bradisback']My guess is that it was a mistake and is supposed to be next months price drops. And another guess I'm taking here is todays drop of bejeweled 2 is the family deal for this month.

Microsoft needs to get it $h&t together. I would be fired from my job if I made as many mistakes as Microsoft has made recently between the xbox rewards snafu this month and major mistakes nelson not being able to get any information correct ugghhh rant over[/QUOTE]

Not the first time I have been wrong and not the last. According to xbldb.com all the price reductions that disapeared have gone live except cell factor.
The one I was mainly interested in.

Edit: it's not showing on xbldb.com yet but I just bought it for 400pts!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bradisback']Not the first time I have been wrong and not the last. According to xbldb.com all the price reductions that disapeared have gone live except cell factor.
The one I was mainly interested in.

Edit: it's not showing on xbldb.com yet but I just bought it for 400pts!!!![/QUOTE]

Cool. xbldb.com can fall behind it should catch the drop in the next scan.

I think i found the Family Pack deal, Kinect Sports Calorie Challenge Pack:
http://xbldb.com/offer-details/?offer=a27c7e3b-2de2-487a-9af5-7ac410d4740d

It's gold exclusive and not part of the DotW.

Oh well at least October will bring more drops and another Family Pack sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back