XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I'm being totally serious. I didn't get Bad Company 2 until right after the last go round of BC2 DLC went on sale so I missed the boat completely. I know how much XBL rehashes deals for DotW so I patiently waited and it looks like it paid off.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Since these were all on sale before, I'm guessing you're kidding?

And screw you to RS for putting the "PASS" to LA Noire on sale.[/QUOTE]

Well it was 800 for 2 weeks back in what May? So you lost out on a dollar $1.75 big deal.

[quote name='Tsel']Actually, I'm being totally serious. I didn't get Bad Company 2 until right after the last go round of BC2 DLC went on sale so I missed the boat completely. I know how much XBL rehashes deals for DotW so I patiently waited and it looks like it paid off.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same exact boat.

Just pissing in the wind here but I think the sales are purposely shit, due to the fact there have been so many new games released on XBLA. From SoA to 3-4 new releases on back to back weeks. I dont see any decent sales until the new game releases slow down.

Side note: I always questioned people with backlogs until here recently. I bought games to beat them; Didn't generally pick up a game until I had finished the previous. I wouldn't actively search out a good price on a game I wanted until I had nothing left that I hadn't beaten. After following CAG for a few months, I am grabbing games left and right when I can get a really good deal. I almost feel guilty having a backlog but it still feels so good.:whistle2:#

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Since these were all on sale before, I'm guessing you're kidding?

And screw you to RS for putting the "PASS" to LA Noire on sale.[/QUOTE]

I could not agree more. I bought the pass when it was at the "limited time" price but I have not been able to actually play the game yet. Now that is not Rockstar's fault I have not played but please do not claim something is limited time and then turn around and sell the dam thing cheaper a few months later. I am glad for all of you who waited but it is stuff like this that keeps my from ever buying full priced DLC.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Well it was 800 for 2 weeks back in what May? So you lost out on a dollar $1.75 big deal.[/QUOTE]

That is not really the point. It is the practice of claiming things are "limited" in nature and then selling them for even cheaper later on. At the most they should have cut it back to the original "limited" price. It just works against them in the long run because next time Rockstar tells me to buy it now at the "cheaper" price I will wait because I know there will be an even cheaper sale price.

[quote name='cancerman1120']That is not really the point. It is the practice of claiming things are "limited" in nature and then selling them for even cheaper later on. At the most they should have cut it back to the original "limited" price. It just works against them in the long run because next time Rockstar tells me to buy it now at the "cheaper" price I will wait because I know there will be an even cheaper sale price.[/QUOTE]

Same here, so I have learned my lesson. Next Rockstar Pass, I'll definitely wait.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I'm really starting to believe that the vast majority of CAG don't actually play their games.[/QUOTE]

They don't, they just buy things that are considered deals to say that they have them.

Really??? Over a month until GH comes out? WTF?

They should have done "Saturn Week" on the 14th and released both RS and GH.

The deals lately have been shit as everyone else has stated. Come on MS... Get your act together!

More price reductions

Cell factor. Pw. 400pts
War world 400pts
Voodoo dice 400pts
Panzer general aa 400pts
Bejeweled 2 400 pts

But it's not live yet so prices have not adjusted yet

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I'm really starting to believe that the vast majority of CAG don't actually play their games.[/QUOTE]

I play mine but I have a backlog of about 90 games. I buy DLC when it is cheap even if I am not playing the game yet because eventually I will. I only have time for so much...do I have a buying problem...most likely :D but I will still get to these games eventually. The reality is I won't be adopting the next gen console right away because this generation provides me with plenty to do.

Anyone see the Target ad this week? Its total BS. Most of that stuff has been on sale before and I already bought it all a long time ago! I hate Target and they owe me good sales each and every week. If they don't I am going to KEEP BITCHING ABOUT IT OVER AND OVER ON FORUMS.

Glad to hear Guardian Heroes got a release date, but really, Oct. 12th? I was expecting Sept. since Mexico got the game. Well, at least Radiant Silvergun is coming next week.

& once again, meh to the deal of the weeks. I'm trying to remember the last time I got excited for one....I'm sure there'll be something if I wait long enough.

[quote name='hufferstl']Anyone see the Target ad this week? Its total BS. Most of that stuff has been on sale before and I already bought it all a long time ago! I hate Target and they owe me good sales each and every week. If they don't I am going to KEEP BITCHING ABOUT IT OVER AND OVER ON FORUMS.[/QUOTE]

Do you pay for a Target Gold membership?

[quote name='sp8001']Do you pay for a Target Gold membership?[/QUOTE]

I was actually going to say that without complaining the traffic on this site would come to a crawl...but I like your response much much more.:hot:

Ok, change Target to Sam's/Costco. Or how about HBO/Showtime? If you are paying for Gold just to get the DOTW then you are doing it wrong. I love what this thread is supposed to be, but I would rather there be no updates than a dozen posts a week that amount to "This isn't what I wanted to go on sale". I don't want to threadcrap(I'm sure all this will be modded out anyway), but it gets old. I doubt the terms of service guarantee us a DOTW so they could stop them at anytime.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Same here, so I have learned my lesson. Next Rockstar Pass, I'll definitely wait.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I bought the pass because of the price. Since I'm in between cities, my apartment where I'm in during the week doesn't have access to the DLC, so I haven't bothered to play LA Noire yet (figuring I will when we get into the new house).

Now I know to just not buy any even with the claimed lower prices.

EDIT: Huff - While the "dream" sale and the "do you think X will go on sale" stuff is silly, I don't think at this stage in the life cycle it is unreasonable for the XBL folks to not want decent sales. Re-treads are fine, if they drop in price further or put something new with it. Doing the same content for the same price and claiming it as a sale is lame. Given that PSN is competing directly for sales in generally the same content (many times without the service fee), there's a good reason that some folks feel entitled. I like my live sub for the online play. The sales are a bonus and it has been rather lacking of late.

If you are paying for Gold just to get the DOTW then you are doing it wrong

this x 1000. I always find it hilarious when people think they are entitled to constant good DOTWs because they are paying for it. Let's be real, you're paying to play your games online. Everything else is just a nice perk. I sincerely doubt any of you would stop paying for gold if they took away the DOTW.

Also, it's sort of silly to assume that something won't be cheaper several months down the line, even if it does have a "limited time" discount. I could understand if this sale happened a month later, but it's now been over 4 months since the rockstar pass launched. If you bought it day 1 and still haven't gotten around to it by this point, then it's on you.

In an age where $60 retail titles dropping 15-25 bucks a few weeks after release is the norm, don't see how you can be salty over a 200 point drop spread over 4 months. Move on.

[quote name='crookshow']this x 1000. I always find it hilarious when people think they are entitled to constant good DOTWs because they are paying for it. Let's be real, you're paying to play your games online. Everything else is just a nice perk. I sincerely doubt any of you would stop paying for gold if they took away the DOTW.
[/QUOTE]

Fully agreed. Whiners gonna whine, but the logic behind that particular complaint is dumb.

[quote name='hufferstl']Anyone see the Target ad this week? Its total BS. Most of that stuff has been on sale before and I already bought it all a long time ago! I hate Target and they owe me good sales each and every week. If they don't I am going to KEEP BITCHING ABOUT IT OVER AND OVER ON FORUMS.[/QUOTE]

People do the same thing in this thread whining and complaining about their
Entitlement-To-An-Incredible-Xbox-Live-DOTW-Every-Single-Week.

I'll be the odd one who is happy to see the L.A Noire sale.

I just finished the story mode, and am working through the street crimes now. Was going to plunk down for the DLC this week, but will gladly wait a week to save a few bucks.

(Borrowed the game from my brother in true CAG fashion)

We're just judging them by the competition. Steam sales >>>> Xbox live DOTW. They have a large catalog of digital content that just sits there. Nobody's buying it, nobody's playing it, and the price remains static. A few developers understand sales help generate revenue, and those are the ones who keep having their games rehashed. Microsoft needs to find a way to get the other developers/publishers to drop the prices on their content.

Well, at least my cheap ass roommate will be happy Red Dead DLC is finally on sale again. He missed the last one and has been waiting for another. Sigh, nothing for me.

[quote name='Bradisback']More price reductions

Cell factor. Pw. 400pts
War world 400pts
Voodoo dice 400pts
Panzer general aa 400pts
Bejeweled 2 400 pts

But it's not live yet so prices have not adjusted yet[/QUOTE]

War World actually looked like fun, but the absurd 45-second demo really turned me off and I never considered buying it. Has anyone played it?

[quote name='Zonic505']Glad to hear Guardian Heroes got a release date, but really, Oct. 12th? I was expecting Sept. since Mexico got the game. Well, at least Radiant Silvergun is coming next week.

& once again, meh to the deal of the weeks. I'm trying to remember the last time I got excited for one....I'm sure there'll be something if I wait long enough.[/QUOTE]

OCTOBER 12TH!!!!!!!!! At least its 800 points though. Cannot wait! :bouncy:

OP is not 100%, any word on the family Gold deal?

Also, I'll finish up the drops when they hit the dash (or if they are there now, when I boot up and look)

[quote name='doodofdoods']We're just judging them by the competition. Steam sales >>>> Xbox live DOTW. They have a large catalog of digital content that just sits there. Nobody's buying it, nobody's playing it, and the price remains static. A few developers understand sales help generate revenue, and those are the ones who keep having their games rehashed. Microsoft needs to find a way to get the other developers/publishers to drop the prices on their content.[/QUOTE]

That's sort of like judging Xbox Live Arcade prices against iPhone game prices - the markets are too different for it to be a fair comparison. Xbox 360 is a closed market, whereas PC is very open - people can buy downloadable games from dozens of different places like Origin, DirectDrive, etc. Thus Steam is in fierce competition and has to do great sales in order to compete.

You could argue that 360 games should be in price competition with PS3 games, and they are for the most part. PS3 does have better downloadable games sales lately, but I don't think that factor would influence anyone's console purchasing decision, so Microsoft doesn't have to fight too hard on that front.

I completely agree that older games that aren't selling should be marked down over time. That does happen to an extent (see the XBLA games that are dropping in the next day or so), but not nearly often enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised to see the Rockstar pass is still available and is on sale at that. The marketing seemed as though the pass was only available for a short period of time to get the discounted dlc for LA Noire.

[quote name='crookshow']this x 1000. I always find it hilarious when people think they are entitled to constant good DOTWs because they are paying for it. Let's be real, you're paying to play your games online. Everything else is just a nice perk. I sincerely doubt any of you would stop paying for gold if they took away the DOTW.

Also, it's sort of silly to assume that something won't be cheaper several months down the line, even if it does have a "limited time" discount. I could understand if this sale happened a month later, but it's now been over 4 months since the rockstar pass launched. If you bought it day 1 and still haven't gotten around to it by this point, then it's on you.

In an age where $60 retail titles dropping 15-25 bucks a few weeks after release is the norm, don't see how you can be salty over a 200 point drop spread over 4 months. Move on.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eastx']Fully agreed. Whiners gonna whine, but the logic behind that particular complaint is dumb.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gordojones88']People do the same thing in this thread whining and complaining about their
Entitlement-To-An-Incredible-Xbox-Live-DOTW-Every-Single-Week.

.[/QUOTE]

This use of the word "entitled" or "entitlement" by some of you irks me sometimes. It is a word that has been misused too often in our everyday political and social environment and is being applied to things that are not true entitlements.

People want to group certain things like welfare, food stamps and housing assistance in the same boat as things like Social Security and Medicare calling them all "entitlements". This is done to somehow make it sound like all these things are getting something for nothing when in fact things likes SS are only given if the person has paid into the system. The same thing can be applied here. Microsoft has stated that Gold membership comes with certain benefits. One of those benefits is reduced prices on games and DLC. Sony has its version of this program in the PS+ program. It is not whining or complaining to want MS to put an item on sale when one is paying for that benefit. Most of us would not stop using Gold if they removed this feature but the reality is that is exists and we have the right to want cheaper DLC. Do we get mad at people on other threads for wanting a game to drop in price? This is CHEAP ASS GAMER and any comment about wanting something cheaper is only in line with what this site is about. I also think the fact MS constantly drops the price of the same DLCs several times a year is a valid reason to be upset that maybe MS is not being more aggressive with their sales strategies. I am sure we would all be complaining if a game like Mass Effect 2 was still $59.99 so why can't we be upset about the prices of digital content? Anyway, I will get off the soap box but I would just like people to think a minute about using the word "entitlement" for programs that requires the user to pay into the system in order to get the benefit. The negative connotation that the word entitlement has been branded with the last few years is unjustified for things people have paid for.

As someone said only a page ago, if you're paying for Gold in order to get the deals, then you're doing it wrong. The main point of Gold is online multiplayer. Deals of the Week are simply ancillary benefits.
IMO nobody misused the word entitlement. Look up its definition.

[quote name='eastx']As someone said only a page ago, if you're paying for Gold in order to get the deals, then you're doing it wrong. The main point of Gold is online multiplayer. Deals of the Week are simply ancillary benefits.
IMO nobody misused the word entitlement. Look up its definition.[/QUOTE]
We went from discussing the DotW, to being upset about repeats, to people coming in to complain about the people "complaining" *face palm*

I'll stick to what the thread is about and give my two cents when the deals show up. This is cheap ass gamer no?

[quote name='eastx']As someone said only a page ago, if you're paying for Gold in order to get the deals, then you're doing it wrong. The main point of Gold is online multiplayer. Deals of the Week are simply ancillary benefits.

I am not saying that entitlement by definition is being used wrong. In legal term entitlement has no connotation one way or the other. I am simply stating that the word "entitlement" has been given a negative definition these days and it is being used as a way to say people are getting something for nothing. That is just not the truth for many things. Being a Gold member and wanting cheaper DLC because the membership states that is part of the package is not "whining about entitlement". The fact people are using the word whine and entitled in the same sentence only proves the negative connotation they are trying to associate with the word. If I pay for something or into something then I am right to expect certain things in return. If the DOTW was not tied to Gold then I would agree that complaining is not justified. Just like if I never paid into Social Security I would not have any right to payments.

This. I am always surprised when people complain that their Gold membership is being wasted, etc because the deals are lousy because they have it in their head that Xbox Live = PSN+ when the two services are very different. The main purpose of Gold is and has always been online multiplayer.

[quote name='Dustinator']We went from discussing the DotW, to being upset about repeats, to people coming in to complain about the people "complaining" *face palm*

I'll stick to what the thread is about and give my two cents when the deals show up. This is cheap ass gamer no?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps I can help change the subject a little.

I was looking at the upcoming release list and saw that Crimson Alliance has Day 1 DLC of 3 new characters. Do I see a repeat of Hard Corps: Uprising? I think I do...

[quote name='dashrendar']This. I am always surprised when people complain that their Gold membership is being wasted, etc because the deals are lousy because they have it in their head that Xbox Live = PSN+ when the two services are very different. The main purpose of Gold is and has always been online multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Yes the MAIN purpose is multiplayer. But what about Netflix or ESPN? I watched football all weekend through my xbox since I do not get cable. Also the idea that you are using Gold wrong if you want deals is wrong. I saved over $200 in DLC or games by taking advantage of the DOTW for gold members in the last 2 years. That more than pays for the service even if I never used the multiplayer.

Repeated deals are frustrating and sorry. There is so much content on XBLA, you'd think they could find something new to discount. Just my 2 cents.

If you don't like the deals, cancel your membership and/or just go use PSN, Steam or something else...or nothing at all. No one guaranteed any deals of sorts when you signed up for xbl. They added xbl rewards, bing rewards and some other features and that is still not enough for some of you? Wow.

The deals mentioned on the dashboard for September price drop(s) still haven't had their reflected prices changed yet and I for one am glad there have not been many good deals as of lately. I have a backlog of xbla games and with Gears 3 coming out soon, just saves me $ and time.

By the way, not everyone has been a member of xbl as long as some of us have so some people who just got an xbox 360 do not have some of the same content as us who have been members for so long. I've been on there for about 10 years and still am happy with it. I've tried other services but none compete.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Perhaps I can help change the subject a little.

I was looking at the upcoming release list and saw that Crimson Alliance has Day 1 DLC of 3 new characters. Do I see a repeat of Hard Corps: Uprising? I think I do...[/QUOTE]
*Dustinator slowly walks over to Chrono across the room, stops.....looks him dead in the eye and slaps him in the face. Then turns away with a grin on his face*

[quote name='intoxicated662']If you don't like the deals, cancel your membership and/or just go use PSN, Steam or something else...or nothing at all. No one guaranteed any deals of sorts when you signed up for xbl. They added xbl rewards, bing rewards and some other features and that is still not enough for some of you? Wow.
[/QUOTE]

"As an Xbox LIVE Gold member, you will now get an Exclusive Gold Only Discount on select content each week. It could be your favorite arcade game, a classic Xbox original, or even that map pack or that new song you have been looking to buy. With your favorite content going on sale each week just imagine how much you can save! If you're already a Gold member, grab this week’s deal right here, right now."

While no specific deal is promised it sure sounds like MS wants to sell the Gold membership as having exclusive advantages. Again, wanting or asking for better deals or more variety is not different than most of the threads on this site. No difference when a deal is posted and someone says my price point is $10 cheaper so I will wait. People here are waiting for their game or DLC to go on sale so I do not begrudge them when Risk or BBC2 DLC goes on sale for the 2nd 3rd or 4th time when other DLCs and games (older) have never seen a price drop.

I just don't see how you can whine that much without getting tired of it. You made your complaint, why keep reiterating it?
Adults don't always get everything they want. Kids don't get everything they want either, but at least they're too young to know better. And whoops, now someone will be annoyed with me for calling you out on it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yes the MAIN purpose is multiplayer. But what about Netflix or ESPN? I watched football all weekend through my xbox since I do not get cable. Also the idea that you are using Gold wrong if you want deals is wrong. I saved over $200 in DLC or games by taking advantage of the DOTW for gold members in the last 2 years. That more than pays for the service even if I never used the multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

I see your point but there are other ways of accessing Netflix and ESPN where you actually need Gold to use online multiplayer.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Perhaps I can help change the subject a little.

I was looking at the upcoming release list and saw that Crimson Alliance has Day 1 DLC of 3 new characters. Do I see a repeat of Hard Corps: Uprising? I think I do...[/QUOTE]

Crimson Alliance is a bit of an oddity like Pinball FX. The shell (which acts as a trial) is free, but the content is what costs. If you want 1 class, that is 800 MSP. If you want all 3, that will cost you 1200. Of the 30 minutes I played, it was okay.

[quote name='reddjoey']Crimson Alliance is a bit of an oddity like Pinball FX. The shell (which acts as a trial) is free, but the content is what costs. If you want 1 class, that is 800 MSP. If you want all 3, that will cost you 1200. Of the 30 minutes I played, it was okay.[/QUOTE]

I see. Well that's not nearly as bad. I'll definitely be giving it a shot when it comes out-not that I have any intention of buying most anything at full price anymore. If I can wait for Outland and Bastion (both games I'm just dying to play and have considered more than once to cave), I can wait for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back