XBLA - Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - 1200pts

I like the graphic style no doubt.
But what pisses me off? Capcom.
They released a shitty netcode for SF2 XBLA and now expect us to pay for a better net code along with these pretty sprites.
IMHO they should release this at 800 and no more for their previous disservice, not to mention tons of delays.

Mafia is all over for me for this as a huge street fighter fan, but I can't help but think Capcom is going to try to put this out for 1200, maybe even 1600 and claim It's worth every penny.

I'll pay 800 but if I pay 1200 the lag will have to be 0 and It's going to take more then HD sprites to convince me.

How much is there in the form of gameplay changes and extras?

[quote name='Monsta Mack']How much is there in the form of gameplay changes and extras?[/quote]

Chun Li's spinning bird kick arches, apparently.

They redrew the sprites for HD and there is a new rebalanced mode. So it's kind of like a sequel to SSFIIT. It also comes with SSFIIT I believe, but I'm not certain about that.

Final List of changes for Remix Mode, for those who don't know:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/jimmyrey/blog/2008/10/07/final_changelist_for_hd_remix

Yes, it's been said the full-on original game is included, or that you can play the original mode with HD Remix graphics as well.

I think it'd be very interesting if the move changes presented here are eventually absorbed into the overall SFII methodology. What if SFV adapts 2 button charging options for consoles, and modified motions for certain character moves? Heck, IV could get a patch that makes HD remix-style move command changes applicable for characters who are in both games.

The style of balancing, with giving characters who had problems with "fireballers" new Fireball-destroying moves... and making moves easier or more useful than they previously where, could totally change the feel of the game. You could find characters you never played before, now suddenly made approachable, and interesting.

If you really give all these changes and new approaches of gameplay a chance, I think you'll find this game worth the price of admission. It was cool with the HD facelift, but the Remix to gameplay, as well as things like the best netcode going, great online modes, and redrawn endings, totally gives this release real value.

If CApcom charged 1200 points for SF2 XBLA which had crappy graphics and crappy netcode. And since XBLA prices never drop rarely drop I think its still 1200 points (please fight against DLC and keep the industry physical media based)

I expect that Capcom will want 2400 Micropoints. Why? BEcause they have kept the price a complete secret. What are they hidding?

I'm calling 1200 points. Even at 1600 points it would be a fair deal. I would be pissed if they made this a retail version and charged $30 or $40 for it but I'm more than happy with $15 or $20.

IceCold you can buy an arcade stick for the 360. If you can't find one now, there will be plenty of them out when SFIV drops. Saturn style pads are coming out too. For all the info you're dropping with the TV specs, you'd think you'd know there was other options out there other than just the 360 pad.

I don't think there's some crazy Microsoft conspiracy to shoot down fighting gamers. The probably asked around and most of the people that actually play fighting games said they use sticks or Saturn style 6 button pads with a USB adaptor.

If Microsoft really hated fighting games, why did we get Virtua Fighter 5 Online, DOA4, Soul Calibur IV, Battle Fantasia, Samurai Shodown II, Fatal Fury Special, and SFII? Why is Namco going multi-platform with Tekken 6? Why would Capcom release SFIIHDRemix and SFIV on the 360? Oh, and don't forget that the original Xbox had many SNK games, Guilty Gear, and Street Fighter Anniversary with online play. Your conspiracy theories suck.

Also, I don't think there's some crazy paranoid Capcom conspiracy to charge too much for their games. New releases like Dead Rising and Devil May Cry were $60. Updates like Lost Planet Colonies Edition were $30. Bionic Commando Rearmed came in at 800 points. Also, SF2 was 800 points IIRC. Capcom and Udon went through a couple years effort to update SFII and you want to bitch because it might be $20?

[quote name='SAB-CA']Final List of changes for Remix Mode, for those who don't know:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/jimmyrey/blog/2008/10/07/final_changelist_for_hd_remix

Yes, it's been said the full-on original game is included, or that you can play the original mode with HD Remix graphics as well.

I think it'd be very interesting if the move changes presented here are eventually absorbed into the overall SFII methodology. What if SFV adapts 2 button charging options for consoles, and modified motions for certain character moves? Heck, IV could get a patch that makes HD remix-style move command changes applicable for characters who are in both games.

The style of balancing, with giving characters who had problems with "fireballers" new Fireball-destroying moves... and making moves easier or more useful than they previously where, could totally change the feel of the game. You could find characters you never played before, now suddenly made approachable, and interesting.

If you really give all these changes and new approaches of gameplay a chance, I think you'll find this game worth the price of admission. It was cool with the HD facelift, but the Remix to gameplay, as well as things like the best netcode going, great online modes, and redrawn endings, totally gives this release real value.[/quote]
Indeed, this is more than a straight port.. I wouldn't mind 1200 points, maybe even 1600 if the netcode is tight.

On the Playstation Blog, they list it for $14.99, so 1200 points on the XBLA version is pretty much confirmed.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Won't pay over 800MSP.[/QUOTE]

You're screwed then. The final price is $15/1200 marketplace points.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I'm really torn on this. Love the SF nostalgia but really hate playing with standard controllers.[/quote]

I agree. I really want to play this, but the 360's D-pad is simply terrible, and using the analog stick is not an option I would choose. I played Street Fighter Anniversary Collection with the analog stick and wanted to punt cats into space.

[quote name='PhrostByte']You're screwed then. The final price is $15/1200 marketplace points.[/quote]

I heard it was $20/1600 points.

[quote name='Rodimus']I heard it was $20/1600 points.[/QUOTE]

MarkMan says otherwise.. and he's the biggest fighting game nerd around.

[quote name='Rodimus']I heard it was $20/1600 points.[/quote]

http://www.capcom-unity.com/sven/blog/2008/11/20/ssf2_turbo_hd_remix_pricing__official

So, it would seem there's some erroneous rumors going around about the pricing of HD Remix. While we probably would have been happy to keep the speculation going another couple days (hell, we love the attention), we had some concerns that the speculation was turning unproductive. So let me end all of the rumors once and for all.

HD Remix will be coming to Xbox Live Marketplace on 11/26 for 1200 MS points.
It will arrive on 11/25 on PlayStation Network for $14.99.

[quote name='PhrostByte']You're screwed then. The final price is $15/1200 marketplace points.[/quote]

Meh. No big loss, I'm just not paying money that kind of money for a game that was released over a decade ago that was just given some new paint.

[quote name='Chase'] I played Street Fighter Anniversary Collection with the analog stick and wanted to punt cats into space.[/quote]

-imagines cats being punted into space by the Major, Stand Alone Complex style...- :robot::joystick::whee:

1200 points... Yeah, I can live with that. Same price I spend on SNK's Ports most of the time, which don't come with netplay or new anything, lol.

5 bucks more than Hyper fighting, but with this much new content... should be fun seeing the final feature list next week on the Capcom-unity blog, I wonder if they'll be any surprise features...

1200 Points I can Live with that Considering I have 1600 total. Will leave me with 400 for some other game. Or Gears of War 2 DLC

OR what Ever some new Avatar clothes

By this time next year we will be having tis conversatioin about Marvel vs Capcom 2 HD REMIX and they can charge 9800 Microsoft points for that I don't care that was my LIFE back in the day, thats my childhood.

Must have spent $200 easily at the Aracdes.

Will probably end up being 1200 points plus another $80 for a good Aracde stick Ist priceless and a great price.

I might pick up an Aracde stick from DELL 50% off if they have any good Black Friday Deals.

[quote name='ananag112']Any good cheap controllers for the 360 that would allow me to play this properly?[/QUOTE]

Hori EX pad is supposed to be good, but I never used it. Any of their 360 joysticks are worth looking into as they run from $40-$60.

:(

I can't use my PS2 arcade stick on my 360 right? I built a really nice PS2 arcade stick.

Argh. I don't want to spend a bundle on this. Any good tutorials on how I can mod my Xbox 360 d-pad to work decently with this?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Now to find me some cheap points cards :whistle2:k[/quote]

Ebay 25% off.

I paid $47.95 for 4000 points. Since he took a while to ship (only took him like 2 days heh) he gave me an extra 200.

25% off = $11.9875

Total = $35.9625 for 4200 points. Not too shabby.

[quote name='BustaUppa']some "King of Old School" you are!!![/quote]

Very good point...

I am very on the Fence about this game DEMO tryout for sure, It looks like a glorified Flash game played on a web page. I think buyers remorse and regret will set in after you get bored after 2 fights.

If you doubt me go download the DEMO for Street Fighter 2 thats On XBLA now. I gurantee you will get bored and stop playing after 1 fight. Its the same game as HD REMIX just better graphics, And that doesn't make up for the 1992 quality animations of the CPS2 game board.

Now if this was Street Fighter 3 Third Strike or Alpha Anthology which uses CPS3 board animations. I would gladly pay 2400 Micropoints or double.

[quote name='Ice Cold']I am very on the Fence about this game DEMO tryout for sure, It looks like a glorified Flash game played on a web page. I think buyers remorse and regret will set in after you get bored after 2 fights.

If you doubt me go download the DEMO for Street Fighter 2 thats On XBLA now. I gurantee you will get bored and stop playing after 1 fight. Its the same game as HD REMIX just better graphics, And that doesn't make up for the 1992 quality animations of the CPS2 game board.

Now if this was Street Fighter 3 Third Strike or Alpha Anthology which uses CPS3 board animations. I would gladly pay 2400 Micropoints or double.[/quote]

Thank you for repeating yourself three times.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Ebay 25% off.

I paid $47.95 for 4000 points. Since he took a while to ship (only took him like 2 days heh) he gave me an extra 200.

25% off = $11.9875

Total = $35.9625 for 4200 points. Not too shabby.

Very good point...[/quote]

Yeah, I think that'll be my best bet. Thanks.

[quote name='Ice Cold']I am very on the Fence about this game DEMO tryout for sure, It looks like a glorified Flash game played on a web page. I think buyers remorse and regret will set in after you get bored after 2 fights.

Now if this was Street Fighter 3 Third Strike or Alpha Anthology which uses CPS3 board animations. I would gladly pay 2400 Micropoints or double.[/quote]

First, you're wrong about the demo part. Right now Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting is the game on the XBL marketplace. HD Remix is a remake of Super Street Fighter II Turbo.

Second, I played at least 30 fights against a guy from Canada on Super Turbo through GGPO the other night. So I'm going to have to say this game will not get old after two fights. Besides, this game is meant to be played against other people, not against a CPU that was designed to make you pump quarters into an arcade machine.

This is going to be well worth 1200 points with all of the work they put into redoing the graphics and adding new stuff to the game.

*edit*

I also made a CAG gamertag for all of us to use to find matches against other CAGs. The gamertag is named CAG SSF2THDR.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pure Apathy']First, you're wrong about the demo part. Right now Street Fighter II Turbo is the game on the XBL marketplace. HD Remix is a remake of Super Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting.
[/quote]
Not to be a jerk, but I think you have that backwards. I believe Hyper Fighting is currently on the marketplace and I know HD Remix is remaking Super Turbo.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']Not to be a jerk, but I think you have that backwards. I believe Hyper Fighting is currently on the marketplace and I know HD Remix is remaking Super Turbo.[/quote]

Yeah I'll have to fix it. I meant to replace Street Fighter II Turbo with Hyper Fighting and accidentally took off Super Turbo and replaced it with Hyper. Are you confused yet? Haha.

Achievements are also a lot easier this time around.

1. Vanquish the Computer- Beat Arcade Mode.
2. Sheng Long is in Another Castle- Beat Akuma in Arcade Mode.
3. Here Comes A New Challenger- Play 5 Ranked Matches online.
4. SF 20th Anniversary!- Win 20 Ranked Matches Online.
5. Playing To Win- Win 100 Ranked Matches Online.
6. Master of All Things- Win With Every Character in an Online Ranked Match.
7. Training for Perfection- 5 Perfect Rounds in Arcade Mode (Any Difficulty Level, no challengers)
8. Throwing is Cheap- Throw your Opponent ten times in a single game.
9. Super Finisher - Get one Super Finish in Arcade Mode.
10. Blinding Speed - Defeat an opponent in under 15 seconds in single player arcade mode.
11. Combomaniac - Perform a combo of 7 hits or more.
12. Sagat's Scar -Defeat Sagat with Ryu's fierce shoryuken.

Notice nothing in regards to difficulty.
Obviously Playing to Win will take awhile, and Training for Perfection is somewhat difficult but you can put it on any difficulty. Blinding Speed can probably be done in a one round match with ease.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']Not to be a jerk, but I think you have that backwards. I believe Hyper Fighting is currently on the marketplace and I know HD Remix is remaking Super Turbo.[/quote]

Correct.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Yeah I'll have to fix it. I meant to replace Street Fighter II Turbo with Hyper Fighting and accidentally took off Super Turbo and replaced it with Hyper. Are you confused yet? Haha.[/quote]
No actually. I kind of figured you didn't type what you meant to say. :D

I am still on the fence about this game. Will I be buying every remake the decide to release? Not to hyped about the game selection either c'mon.

they should have remade something from the Alpha series Far superior animation, art style, and the Alpha series gameplay improvements and additions have made it into Street Fighter 4 the Alpha series really evolved Street Fighter and by every measure its a better selection. air blocks, parrys, air recovery, combos you name it.

Best solution. go get a copy of this if you can find one HOPE your PS3 has Backwards Compatability Hook it up to an SDTV Yes I said SDTV. Via Componenet or S-Video and Enjoy. at least teh PS3's D-pad is 100% better than the 360's

http://www.scubb.com/images/products/PS2 street fighter anthology_box.jpg

Or this But I wasn't a huge fan of Third Strikes Roster, but the gameplay and Animations are pure perfection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=986dD8QCWnU&feature=related

I don't know what Ice Cold is babbling about, but Super Turbo is widely regarded as one of the best fighting games of all time. Regardless of how many frames of animation it has.

Anyways, as much as I love Alpha 2...

Super Turbo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alpha series

easily

Can't wait for this game.

PS. Air blocking sucks

PPS. The PS3 dpad could be a billion percent better than the 360's and it would still be garbage. (for fighting games)

bread's done
Back