XBLA - Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - 1200pts

[quote name='mike.m']Doesn't it also come with the original? I'd pay the 1200 easy on this. This is half the reason I got my 360 last year.[/QUOTE]Well, yes and no. You can choose to play with or without all the new balance tweaks, but both versions will use the re-drawn graphics. So if you are simply looking to PLAY the game in its original form, you're in luck!

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Considering this is no mere port and all the work that went into the hand-drawn graphics, I would have no problem with it being 1200 points.[/quote]

I agree. Hopefully the GGPO guy helped out with the net code somewhat and got the online running smooth. If so, I would still buy this even if it is 1600 points.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Rumors: This game will be packaged with Street Fighter 4 next year[/quote]

Highly doubtful considering all of the work they had to put into this game.

If anything I see Street Fighter 4 being packaged with the original SF2 World Warrior (which is yucky at this point imo) or HD remix being part of the Limited Edition.

Um...I hope this isn't what they meant when they said its coming this month:
ssfpinball3fx.jpg

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/55752

i'm sorry, but when the fuck did it become standard to charge over 800 points per game now? I'd buy this if it was 800 points. I'm sick and tired of all these new arcade games being over 800 points, but I guess they continue to make a great profit cause the shit sells for over 800 points.

Well... they did put extra work into the title to deserve over 800 points.
Most straight ports are 800 points.

I can't wait either, but if they charge 1600 points I'll be really pissed. It should be more on the lines of 1200 points. Especially since I bought SFII for 800 I want trade that in then for an upgrade cause $20.00 a game I want a retail disc to sell back when I am done.

old argument but I'll drag this dead horse out anyway:

SNES Street Fighter II: $69.99
Genesis "Special Champion Edition": i forget but it was at least 50 bucks
SNES Hyper Fighting: $69.99
SNES Super SFII: $69.99
3DO Super Turbo: I'm not sure what 3DO games sold for but it was probably damned expensive what with that new-fangled talking CD-ROM technology

these were all crappy ports that sold like hotcakes!

the default remix mode is officially considered the "next chapter" of Street Fighter II... sure it's fifteen years later but I'll still consider $20 or less to be a bargain!

i actually bought some of those back in the day for $69.99, where the hell did i get that money from? holy cow...

[quote name='BustaUppa']old argument but I'll drag this dead horse out anyway:

SNES Street Fighter II: $69.99
Genesis "Special Champion Edition": i forget but it was at least 50 bucks
SNES Hyper Fighting: $69.99
SNES Super SFII: $69.99
3DO Super Turbo: I'm not sure what 3DO games sold for but it was probably damned expensive what with that new-fangled talking CD-ROM technology

these were all crappy ports that sold like hotcakes!

the default remix mode is officially considered the "next chapter" of Street Fighter II... sure it's fifteen years later but I'll still consider $20 or less to be a bargain![/quote]

Agreed. This is the biggest update to the SF2 series since Akuma. :]

[quote name='BustaUppa']
[/QUOTE]

The 3DO version was $49.99. It lacked parallax scrolling and only had arcade difficulty so it was annoyingly difficult (much like SF2 Turbo on 360). Also the remixed tunes were pretty lame, and no original tunes. Still the best version for many years though.

I remember wanting a 3DO just for SSF2T. Glad that wish never came true. What was the next home release for Super Turbo anyways? Dreamcast?

[quote name='Rodimus']I remember wanting a 3DO just for SSF2T. Glad that wish never came true. What was the next home release for Super Turbo anyways? Dreamcast?[/QUOTE]PC maybe? I actually had that version. It was pretty hard to find.

[quote name='fatez']i actually bought some of those back in the day for $69.99, where the hell did i get that money from? holy cow...[/quote]

I remember getting the original Street Fighter II for the SNES for $74.99 back in the day. $15-$20 for HD remix is a bargain.

[quote name='Rodimus']I remember wanting a 3DO just for SSF2T. Glad that wish never came true. What was the next home release for Super Turbo anyways? Dreamcast?[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. I remember that. They had GamePro or whatever the popular magazine at the time was showing pictures of Akuma and the game was only out for 3D0.. I had never even heard of 3D0 but I wanted one... that shit was mad expensive though.

[quote name='fatez']i actually bought some of those back in the day for $69.99, where the hell did i get that money from? holy cow...[/QUOTE]
Seriously. I can't believe my parents would fork over that kind of dough for those carts. I sure as hell won't be spending that kind of money on my kids.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Seriously. I can't believe my parents would fork over that kind of dough for those carts. I sure as hell won't be spending that kind of money on my kids.[/quote]

Until you have kids. I just forked over $100 for 3 months of gymnastics. It's only one hour a week. So yeah, you will be forking over that kind of money on your kids.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Seriously. I can't believe my parents would fork over that kind of dough for those carts. I sure as hell won't be spending that kind of money on my kids.[/quote]

I grew up with nes, then snes/gens. I had 40 nes games, 70 snes games, and around 38 gen games. I kind of think alot of it was wasted since I was younger, and got my parents to buy crappy games well some of them anyway. I'm looking foward to Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix. I have the original on snes somewhere.

i use to play this so much, i had blisters from those snes d-pads. oh yeah, then there were the many times my console got hidden. i searched all over for it, i eventually found it and set it up. then my mama caught me and spanked my backside with a sandal. she hit me so hard, to this day i still have made in china imprinted on my ass from the sandals. oh the punishment! :(

[quote name='fatez']i use to play this so much, i had blisters from those snes d-pads. oh yeah, then there were the many times my console got hidden. i searched all over for it, i eventually found it and set it up. then my mama caught me and spanked my backside with a sandal. she hit me so hard, to this day i still have made in china imprinted on my ass from the sandals. oh the punishment! :([/quote]

:rofl:

I've got a fresh 1600 point card that I won in that contest a couple weeks ago. It's even better that I'm gonna be throwing out Sonic Booms for free.

XD you did it again LP, CouRageouS put it up a few posts above yours.

I noticed it's always Street Fighter too heh heh.

Man I wish it would have been available today though. Ah well, what's one more week with all we've waited.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']XD you did it again LP, CouRageouS put it up a few posts above yours.

I noticed it's always Street Fighter too heh heh.

Man I wish it would have been available today though. Ah well, what's one more week with all we've waited.[/quote]

I'm out of it today...too much info on the internet circulating from different places and going into different directions. Plus it doesn't help that I'm at work :D

I know this will ruffle some feathers but it has to be said.

I am a Street Fighter nut I grew up with it. BUT!! This HD Remix thanks to UDON having to fit the new HD pixels sprites ontop of the character bodies the old sprites occupied and managed to keep the same hit detection makes the game look like a poorly animated Flash game. And its modeled after the CPS2 board animations which are horrible even by 1998 standards let alone 10 years later.

Play some Street Fighter 3 Third Strike that used the CPS3 board and has significantly superior fighting mechnics like blocks, parrys, and breakers and HD Remix ends up looking like a bad flash flash game played on a web browser page.

I am not even knocking the UDON artwork its fine and I have grown to like it. OF Course Third Strikes and Alpha Anthologys ANIME style far surpasses UDON's work.
In terms of Ferrari vs. Bicycle.

IF they could have only gone back and taken the PS2's Street Fighter Alpha Anthlogy and redrawn that in the same art style and made it HD.

I still have high HOpe for Marvel vs. Capcom

[quote name='Ice Cold']I know this will ruffle some feathers but it has to be said.

I am a Street Fighter nut I grew up with it. BUT!! This HD Remix thanks to UDON having to fit the new HD pixels sprites ontop of the character bodies the old sprites occupied and managed to keep the same hit detection makes the game look like a poorly animated Flash game. And its modeled after the CPS2 board animations which are horrible even by 1998 standards let alone 10 years later.

Play some Street Fighter 3 Third Strike that used the CPS3 board and has significantly superior fighting mechnics like blocks, parrys, and breakers and HD Remix ends up looking like a bad flash flash game played on a web browser page.

I am not even knocking the UDON artwork its fine and I have grown to like it. OF Course Third Strikes and Alpha Anthologys ANIME style far surpasses UDON's work.
In terms of Ferrari vs. Bicycle.

IF they could have only gone back and taken the PS2's Street Fighter Alpha Anthlogy and redrawn that in the same art style and made it HD.

I still have high HOpe for Marvel vs. Capcom[/quote]

You're probably the only SF fan who's not psyched about this game. :]

Ice Cold, you bash this game and then say they should've gone back and done the same thing for Alpha Anthology? I agree that they should redo one of the Alphas but you're kind of hypocritical if you say that SFII will suck because it got updated sprites but Alpha won't with the same exact upgrade....

I think I know where Ice Cold is coming from. After viewing the videos on my TV I dunno, I felt something was off on how it looked. Don't get me wrong, I love the vibrant colors and everything, but I can see how one can see it a bit as a Flash Game...art style that is.

I will still get it regardless, I've been waiting for this one for quite some time now.

I'm not saying he's wrong but why would you bash SFII for looking like a flash game but then ask for Alpha to get the same exact upgrade? Let's call a spade a spade.

The animations are cut on purpose to keep the gameplay intact. There is nothing wrong with the game, it looks gorgeous. Anyone who has the beta will agree. If they remade SFII in the SFIII engine it would be smoother but thats not what this is.

still I am seeing Super Smash Brother Brawl Wii Fit levels of hype, and just as much expected let down. After the hype wears off.

Most importantly is, WHY? must Capcom keep the pricing a top secret up until teh day of Launch?

Is it to tamp down and keep a lid in potential backlash or outrage?

I just can't see why Capcom refuses to announce the price ?

1200 Microsoft points $15 bucks thats enough. IF they try and push it to 1600 Microsoft points $20 thats my guess why its so hush hush.

It looks pretty and all, But its still the same CPS2 boards animations and will get boring after 2 plays.

Trust me I am a huge SF nut, so far in fact I bought a PSP just to play Street Fighter Alpha MAX 3, which IMO if it wasn't for the PSP's D-pad would be the Finest version of ANY Street Fighter to date. Bar none.

Which brings up, a serious concern the 360's anti-fighting game D-Pad. Is as if Microsoft engineers sat down and tried to design a D-pad that would render fighting games unplayable. And they succeded.

That why IF I decdide to buy HD REMIX it will be on the PS3. But then again I already have this running on my 80GB MGS4 SKU White Box PS3 backward compatability which is Superior to HD REMIX except its not in HD, But looks very good on my 30 inch Tube HDTV via Componenet (Yes they use to made Tube HD TV's) and they are far superior to even a $5,000 LCD or Plasma. Since the PS3 takes the 480p support and upscales it to 720p or 1080i via Componenet it will not do 1080p. And since its a Tube HD the image is washed and processed and theres no jaggies like a LCD or Plasma would produce. Something about the speed and accuracy of a CRT's Electron gun. Nothing beats the instanteaneous speed of those electrons. With an LCD or Plasma theres always some blur or ghosting.

The Tag team battles make the game. and blocks and parrys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JuQzbUy5VI

plus it has Chun-Li's traditional outfit and her alternate costume from the Alpha series the skin tight track suit which is far superior to her Chinese outfit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think everyone is missing the biggest point of this release.. the ONLINE PLAY. It's the first game to implement GGPO style netcode which is a HUGE upgrade over hyper fighting. The graphics and remixed mode are just great bonuses.

[quote name='Alcedes']I think everyone is missing the biggest point of this release.. the ONLINE PLAY. It's the first game to implement GGPO style netcode which is a HUGE upgrade over hyper fighting. The graphics and remixed mode are just great bonuses.[/quote]
If you didn't have the graphics and rebalancing, then you could just play on GGPO so I think those are pretty important. ;)

bread's done
Back