XBLA - Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - 1200pts

[quote name='heavyd853']Is anyone else having problems with freezing while joining a game?[/quote]

I had a problem with it freezing before a player match this morning. Had to turn it off via the button on the console.

I only played two matches, but man oh man does the game look sweet. :drool:

They mapped the FP and HK to the shoulder buttons in the beta, not the triggers. It can probably be changed, but I didn't have time to check.

Yea, you have to go into the game options (not display) and change it to wide screen.

This really blows up the picture too :lol:

Guile, you wanna play?

[quote name='seanr1221']
Guile, you wanna play?[/quote]

Can't, I'm at work right now. I tried it before I left this morning. I'll check after 6pm EST tonight though.

they sort of are I don't get much play out of the ones I have right now but then I have a rather huge backlog of stuff to finish up to thats keeping me from focusing on playing them. I like having a selection of them to play during downtime on other titles though :).

[quote name='DJSteel']is it just me or are fighting games really hard to justify a purchase for 60 bucks??[/quote]

Well, being CAGs it hard to justify buying most games at the intial retail price point IMO. The last fighter I remember paying more than 50 for brand new at retail was Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on the Dreamcast. I think it was $53.99 from EBGames new back in the day when I got it.

I'll say this much, as long as SF IV gets good reviews or I get a chance at a demo, I'll probably drop whatever the retail is when it comes out.

[quote name='Dandeschain']I'll be downloading after Sesame St is over lol.[/quote]

Hey, according to your post time-stamp Sesame Street should have been over 29 minutes ago and you should be well into Curious George.

On a serious note....if I buy Commandos today do I still get the SF demo or was it just for early adopters? Too busy/lazy to do the investigation myself right now at work (yet I have time to read and comment this thread :)

EDIT: from xbox.com -> "As an added bonus, Gold subscribers who purchase Commando 3 are eligible to participate in the Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix exclusive beta test. Participants in the beta will be able to submit bug reports and suggestions through beta.capcom.com and help make the final release version even better!"

I played a few matches this morning. I went 2-1. I had lag on one match but as of right now I'm connecting via wireless at "b" speed so take it for what it is.

The graphics look nice but I was a little upset I couldn't stretch the 4:3 image to full screen via the options. I'm sure that will work in the full game though. As for someone asking why it was in 4:3...they had to keep the same aspect ratio to ensure the game stayed true to the original. If they went 16:9 they would have had to start from scratch or had a lot more issues pop up. As long as we can stretch the image it shouldn't be an issue.

If anyone wants to add my gamertag (jkam2) go ahead and do so...as I'll probably be playing again later tonight.

[quote name='Rodimus']So the beta is just Ryu & Ken, right?

Hopefully the beta will just become the trial version.[/QUOTE]

Yeah just Ryu & Ken.

[quote name='jkam']The graphics look nice but I was a little upset I couldn't stretch the 4:3 image to full screen via the options. I'm sure that will work in the full game though. As for someone asking why it was in 4:3...they had to keep the same aspect ratio to ensure the game stayed true to the original. If they went 16:9 they would have had to start from scratch or had a lot more issues pop up. As long as we can stretch the image it shouldn't be an issue.[/QUOTE]
Not true, as pointed out you have to go to the Game Settings and change it to widescreen. I do recall reading something about how some gameplay things changed to have it in widescreen but I assume that its part of the whole HD Remix thing. It wouldn't make any sense for it to only be 4:3 only when all the screenshots and videos are in 16:9. Its just weird that it wasn't the default option.

Also when you do a super finish in 4:3, the sunburst background goes to 16:9 :lol:

nothings changed in 16x9 mode, the camera is just zoomed in, so everything is huge.

Is anyone else running into tons of freezing when trying to join games? need to reset the damn xbox everytime. Tournament mode seems ok, alot more stable than the other modes.

If you run across someone with high ping, you see tons of warping and weird shit. I prefer ggpo where it just stutters, seems way more stable in terms of net code.

Yep. First try out of the gate, and I froze while joining a game.

Edit - And second. And third.

Edit 2 - Here we go:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/super_s...o/thread/view/7521/888961/Game_Crashing_at_on

So, I load up the beta to play today and it's crashing for me whenever I try to create or join and online match. Well, I was able to join one tournament, but that's about it. I've been looking around and this doesn't seem to happen all the time or for everyone, but it's definiltly happening wayyyy too much, even if it is a beta.

I can assure you that during our testing of the title, this never occured. It would never have been released by Capcom nor any other parties involved if we saw it. I want to let you guys know that we are definitely looking into the issue and evaluating options for addressing it.

My first try worked fine. I sucked, but I always suck at street fighter. My second and third tries, however, froze.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Not true, as pointed out you have to go to the Game Settings and change it to widescreen. I do recall reading something about how some gameplay things changed to have it in widescreen but I assume that its part of the whole HD Remix thing. It wouldn't make any sense for it to only be 4:3 only when all the screenshots and videos are in 16:9. Its just weird that it wasn't the default option.

Also when you do a super finish in 4:3, the sunburst background goes to 16:9 :lol:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up...looks sweet in 16:9. It's weird its under game settings and not under display options.

[quote name='DJSteel']is it just me or are fighting games really hard to justify a purchase for 60 bucks??[/QUOTE]

I don't have trouble paying full price for a fighter because I get so much value out of. Stuff like Capcom vs SNK 2 and Street Fighter Collection still get extensive playtime from me, so it's totally worth it.

MK Armaggedon is probably the last fighter I pulled full price for and regretted it. The fact that it dropped like a rock didn't help none.

Wow, I'm very impressed!!! I'm not much of a Ken or Ryu player, but what really struck me was 'no lag' at all. If they can keep that up this game will be a must buy. The control was spot on in my opinion as well. I hope eventually the Beta gets easier to set up matches.

Well I didn't get any crashes tonight (I was just playing a few minutes ago), but jesus I'm going to have to mod the d-pad to get anything done. I mean I suck at street fighter, but there's no way I'll even learn when I'm doing quarter circle forwards and somehow jumping. I don't think I can use the stick very well.

People who would like a better d-pad, check out this controller:

xb360-blue%20pad%20hori-2T.jpg

Hori 360 Pad

It has the single best d-pad of any 360 controller. I use it all the time (when I'm not playing with a stick).

I wish I could play this local with a bot to practice a bit since I haven't played anything Street Fighter since the SNES because I suck so much.

My first match the other night was laggy as hell as I got my ass handed to me and got in a lagless match today without doing too badly, then it froze while searching for a match.

Has anyone else had problems with other games freezing after playing the SF HD beta?

I've been trying to playing Halo 3 today and it froze twice on me. It never did that before. There was an audible beep, some red checkers patterns, and then the game froze.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Has anyone else had problems with other games freezing after playing the SF HD beta?

I've been trying to playing Halo 3 today and it froze twice on me. It never did that before. There was an audible beep, some red checkers patterns, and then the game froze.[/quote]

red checkers patterns? That doesn't sound good at all.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Has anyone else had problems with other games freezing after playing the SF HD beta?

I've been trying to playing Halo 3 today and it froze twice on me. It never did that before. There was an audible beep, some red checkers patterns, and then the game froze.[/quote]

Fedex called, it said your RROD is en route.

[quote name='eastx']People who would like a better d-pad, check out this controller:

Hori 360 Pad

It has the single best d-pad of any 360 controller. I use it all the time (when I'm not playing with a stick).[/QUOTE]

I've never seen one of these available anywhere, unfortunately. Except eBay and places like that....gak.

[quote name='eastx']People who would like a better d-pad, check out this controller:

Hori 360 Pad

It has the single best d-pad of any 360 controller. I use it all the time (when I'm not playing with a stick).[/quote]

Well, the D-pad looks better, but how is the rest of the controller? The D-pad could be the best D-pad ever, but it's worthless if the rest of the controller sucks. ;)

It is a nice suggestion, though. Thanks. :)

[quote name='chasemurata']Well, the D-pad looks better, but how is the rest of the controller? The D-pad could be the best D-pad ever, but it's worthless if the rest of the controller sucks. ;)

It is a nice suggestion, though. Thanks. :)[/QUOTE]

Good question. The analog sticks are looser than the standard controller - not horribly so, but pretty typical for third-party controllers. The start button is a little too close to the 4 face buttons, but it's rarely an issue unless you're just going crazy on the buttons. Speaking of the 4 face buttons, they are slightly harder on the thumb than the official pad's buttons as they're not as rounded on top. I got used to them pretty quickly.

So it's not an absolutely perfect pad, but it has no major defects, either. It's seriously the best option for 2D games IMO.

[quote name='garks']Its about time this game came out.
Now the hard part, XBLA or PSN?[/quote]
PSN for one reason: gamesharing. Though I guess it won't come with trophies which sucks, but oh well.

[quote name='KiLL3r']I have a bad feeling it's going to cost 1,200 points.[/quote]

Considering this is no mere port and all the work that went into the hand-drawn graphics, I would have no problem with it being 1200 points.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Considering this is no mere port and all the work that went into the hand-drawn graphics, I would have no problem with it being 1200 points.[/quote]

Doesn't it also come with the original? I'd pay the 1200 easy on this. This is half the reason I got my 360 last year.

bread's done
Back